Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:43:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares PTS (formerly ProtoShares) Mandatory Upgrade & Snapshot Announcement  (Read 218396 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
l3jmr

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:16:59 PM

i see, will redirect there then thanks

⚫ ⚫ ⚫  Listen to the weekly altcoinsidekick.com podcast to understand what cryptocurrency is really all about.  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
AltcoinSidekick.com - CRYPTO Blog | Podcasts | Videos | Tools  ▬▬▬ ■

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:24:03 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 04:45:04 PM by LiteCoinGuy

who are the Devs behind this?

china coin 2.0 ?

oroqen

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:49:50 PM

It doesn't cost $11 to mine 1 ProtoShare, regardless of how hard it has become at the current difficulty, it's only 11 days old with 3/8 of it's supply already mined most of which was done at low difficulty over a couple of days of what the developer wanted to be weeks. It's Also been manipulated on the exchange to drive the price up so some of the early miners and buyers can cash out for a much higher value than it cost them too acquire in the first place.

I disagree -  in principal

true the difficulty had to be raised but , to be honest the whole "Bitshare" idea in its self was not well received , so there would have been zero expectation of the sort of reception PTS has received.

but the PoW and the new Blockchain algorithm kind of changed that ,  so the market was "caught off guard ",

then the follow though , was the way in  which it has seemed to be received in China and some of the clarifications around the principals of a DAC.

i believe the price is as it is because people expect that it will be much higher as these principals further develop .

having said that , more exchanges would help price discovery .

and more pools would help more people acquire it .

I wish I could disagree facts on principal of financial principals, but the reality is this isn't the first coin to do a new algorithm (badly might I add, from what others have done with miners going up 100s of percent, I'd would say the original implementation was either deliberately bad/sloppy or just rushed), be released first too a Chinese exchange, or too have an insanely unrealistic price evaluation early in it's life. I guess some people just have more money than sense, and just want too speculate on a factious value, gotta love free markets, right?
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:54:01 PM

It doesn't cost $11 to mine 1 ProtoShare, regardless of how hard it has become at the current difficulty, it's only 11 days old with 3/8 of it's supply already mined most of which was done at low difficulty over a couple of days of what the developer wanted to be weeks. It's Also been manipulated on the exchange to drive the price up so some of the early miners and buyers can cash out for a much higher value than it cost them too acquire in the first place.

true the difficulty had to be raised but , to be honest the whole "Bitshare" idea in its self was not well received , so there would have been zero expectation of the sort of reception PTS has received.

but the PoW and the new Blockchain algorithm kind of changed that ,  so the market was "caught off guard ",

then the follow though , was the way in  which it has seemed to be received in China and some of the clarifications around the principals of a DAC.

i believe the price is as it is because people expect that it will be much higher as these principals further develop .

I wish I could disagree facts on principal of financial principals, but the reality is this isn't the first coin to do a new algorithm (badly might I add, from what others have done with miners going up 100s of percent, I'd would say the original implementation was either deliberately bad/sloppy or just rushed), be released first too a Chinese exchange, or too have an insanely unrealistic price evaluation early in it's life. I guess some people just have more money than sense, and just want too speculate on a factious value, gotta love free markets, right?

Bitcoin.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
oroqen

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:04:12 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2013, 05:14:40 PM by oroqen

Bitcoin.
I seem to have struck a nerve, or you maybe your having a stroke and can only complete one word responses. Bitcoin was the first, you cant compare it to new coins as Bitcoin was/is the setup for theses markets in the first place.
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:04:53 PM

Current price is $7 per PTS
Current supply is 752,000  http://btsblock.com/chain/ProtoShares
Current market cap: $5.2 million.
Both overvalued.

If I could produce californium synthetically it would take a little while for news to spread and the price would increase quickly, there is a market for californium already and so a price set for it, why do you feel PTS is overvalued?

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
coininaction

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:29:06 PM

thx free trade for your effort to III ...

Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:11:38 PM

god damn can someone make a pool that works more then a couple of hours? so tired of this crap ypool and beer goin down every couple of hours...
Beer pool has been up. Only the site is down.
And dont pay...
bitdraw

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:13:15 PM

i dont get why pts is not integrated into any exchanges except the chinese one ...
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:20:55 PM

can i manually withdraw from ypool?

No, you have to set a withdraw amount in your profile and they will send the coins once that threshold is met.

So I set my limit to 5pts before withdrawal, now I have 2 pts but will probably never reach 5pts on my crappy pc. Can I reduce my payout limit somehow? It reverts back to 5pts whenever I try to move it to 2pts...
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:22:36 PM

i dont get why pts is not integrated into any exchanges except the chinese one ...
Because it is less than 2 weeks old...
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:31:40 PM

Bitcoin.
I seem to have struck a nerve, or you maybe your having a stroke and can only complete one word responses. Bitcoin was the first, you cant compare it to new coins as Bitcoin was/is the setup for theses markets in the first place.

nope still functioning -

it seemed like the best response , i mean its hard to argue against.

Bitcoin "setup" cryptocurrency markets ?  to a degree and not very relevant, also BTC revolutionized cryptocurrency and "effectively decentralized it"  .

all i was stating is all your argument could apply to BTC , if BTC goes to spot Gold to USD fiat , everyone will be making your argument , but against BTC, and so it goes.....

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
bitdraw

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:31:56 PM

valid argument Wink
super3
Legendary

Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:37:11 PM

valid argument Wink
When it is put on an american exchange that is as least going to 0.1 PTS/BTC.

Bitcoin Dev / Storj - Decentralized Cloud Storage. Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon 2014. / Peercoin Web Lead / Primecoin Web Lead / Armory Guide Author / "Am I the only one that trusts Dogecoin more than the Federal Reserve?"
bitdraw

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:44:12 PM

valid argument Wink

0.1 PTS/BTC seems a bit unrealistic...
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:45:27 PM

valid argument Wink
Possible, but how do you know? Lots of early miners are waiting for it to get on an exchange so they can cash out. Many people don't want to deal with messy forum trading.
bitdraw

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:47:46 PM

valid argument Wink
Possible, but how do you know? Lots of early miners are waiting for it to get on an exchange so they can cash out. Many people don't want to deal with messy forum trading.

if a lot want to cash out big, the price is likely gonna fall not rise ..
oroqen

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:39:16 PM

Bitcoin.

nope still functioning -

it seemed like the best response , i mean its hard to argue against.

Bitcoin "setup" cryptocurrency markets ?  to a degree and not very relevant, also BTC revolutionized cryptocurrency and "effectively decentralized it"  .

all i was stating is all your argument could apply to BTC , if BTC goes to spot Gold to USD fiat , everyone will be making your argument , but against BTC, and so it goes.....
Unfortunately I am not a mind reader, and simply stating a single word response is meaningless even within the context of the last few messages, It's the equivalent too saying "Is so" too a child and expecting them too just take your word. Bitcoin didn't revolutionize Cryptocurrency, it pretty much created it (unless you can cite something prior too Bitcoins inception in 2009 that falls squarely into the Cryptocurrency bracket, decentralization included), it was built to be decentralized, so I have no idea what the point is with any of that.
Despite rational thinking people are asking allot for something that costs relatively little too produce, what's the going rate on digital ocean, .007c per hour? even if it takes 24 hours too mine 1 coin using 1 instance, it's cost was only 16c, yet for a buyer your expected too pay $11, at that rate its still profitable too mine for 1570 hours for 1 coin using just there service. Primecoin had a strong price too at its start, that too suffered similar problems too Protoshares start with a massive influx of cloud servers but once mining had evened out and the dumps done, it evened out. I fully expect that too happen here.
Yes it's a free market, Yes it's open too multiplication, price variance and farts on the wind. I don't have to pay for what I don't want, and I'm really not buying into any of this DAC business. I'm not trying too disrespect you or Protoshares, I'm just trying to find a reason as too why something produced so cheap is being sold for so much on a promise of other coins that we have no idea will be useful, just copycats or ever come to fruition.
mu-b

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 09:14:54 PM

I'm currently working on an optimised ptsminer v0.5, I'm looking for people that might want to give it a try! The current version of the optimised version is some 30-35% faster depending on the cpu used (and what compile flags I give it), at the moment I'm only bothering with OSX and linux clients only.

So, anyone want to give this miner a test? drop me a PM if your interested.

I've tested thoroughly on Intel Core i7 based cpu's with good results. I'm not likely to push this much further, although that would definitely be possible with work.
bytemaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 09:23:36 PM

I'm currently working on an optimised ptsminer v0.5, I'm looking for people that might want to give it a try! The current version of the optimised version is some 30-35% faster depending on the cpu used (and what compile flags I give it), at the moment I'm only bothering with OSX and linux clients only.

So, anyone want to give this miner a test? drop me a PM if your interested.

I've tested thoroughly on Intel Core i7 based cpu's with good results. I'm not likely to push this much further, although that would definitely be possible with work.

30% faster compared to?

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: