Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:51:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
OuterTech

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:59:01 PM

This is not a good idea as putting your tokens on exchange floors is a risky move as it may be lost at any time. The safest is to store Token in the wallet MEW (MyEtherWallet), which is how I choose each time the need to save Token. Storage on exchange floors is only suitable for day trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:36:44 PM

It is fine to put your tokens in an exchange you want within 24 hours of desired period that you want to trade in. Try to not let it stay for too long in an exchange because we will never know when hackers will attack.

Badhuamin

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:46:19 PM

for my own experience is quite safe to put in exchange because it is trusted security in exchange exchanges.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:53:42 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
It depends on the exchanges that if the exchange is secure then it is safe to put it on exchange while if it is smaller and not much secure then do not put it on there and stay then on your address.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:58:22 PM

We never get worried if we just left our tokens in any exchanger waiting for it sold, but provided that site is secured and not a pishing site. I've always doing that and I'm not losing them even it takes for 2months in their sites.
jonahhex

Activity: 167

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:35:10 AM

It is always better that you have to keep the token in an autonomous purse as trazor if you don't trade long time since then. You can give the tokens at any time at the exchange when you want to trade in these tokens, but there you have to be sure of safety of this exchange. If exchange has two-factor authentication and authentication of Google, then your tokens can be safe.
Jassi.21jaspreet
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:10:06 PM

hello,

please note below points for your security of  tokens on exchange:

always keep 2fa security active of your all exchange account, otherwise you may lost your funds.
always keep the backup of your 2fa security. it will help in-case you lost your mobile.

some tokens (erc20) you directly get in to my ether wallet. there is no 2fa on the my ether wallet. so you need to keep your private key safe way.
avoid to keep the private key on mails, it may hack & your funds will be lost.
if you are not sure about the my ether wallet security, you can purchase ledger nano or trazor wallet to keep your funds safe. kindly buy the wallet from authorized dealer or supplier.

I hope above information will be helpful to you
DMarkov90

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:53:13 PM

If this is a small amount, then it is safe. Not only is it safe but profitable. Since transferring coins permanently means paying commissions!
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:04:18 PM

If this is a small amount, then it is safe. Not only is it safe but profitable. Since transferring coins permanently means paying commissions!
It is the same whether a small amount or a big amount if they know how to hack your account they still doing on it.
Storing your token or coins in exchange site is so risky you never know if that exchange site will get down, I also storing coins or tokens in my exchange site but not intended for a long time maybe weeks or a month of staying my tokens I know it is safe.

Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:54:49 PM

top 10 of exchange markets are safe ,but i didn't know the small exchanges . by the way you can install IMtoken APP for  eth platform wallet in your phone.

None exchange is safe enough to hold your tokens there. Each of them can be hacked. But as far as you need to trade your tokens, then it's better to choose the most reliable exchanges like Binance, Kucoin, OKEX, Huobi, etc.

MiF

Activity: 1344
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:58:04 PM

It is the same whether a small amount or a big amount if they know how to hack your account they still doing on it.
Storing your token or coins in exchange site is so risky you never know if that exchange site will get down, I also storing coins or tokens in my exchange site but not intended for a long time maybe weeks or a month of staying my tokens I know it is safe.

Nothing more safer than of you myetherwallet of any other stand alone wallets compared from the trading site's exchange wallet. You're more vulnerable to be hacked which I think attackers might be able to dig up on the funds that you have. However it always depend on you on how you trust the exchange site you where you belong.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

ivlvov

Activity: 140

CRYPTASSIST.io

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:58:21 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
If this is a popular and reliable exchange, then your coins will be safe. But if you have a large amount, I would advise you to buy a hardware wallet. This is the safest way to store coins.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:59:33 PM

While it is relatively safe if one chooses big reputed exchanges, do not forget about the Mt. Gox incident. Safer to spread your tokens across multiple top exchanges and also use strong passwords and 2FA to protect your account from hacking.
Good to keep some tokens on your local wallet.
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:05:27 PM

It will be only safe depending on the exchanger you are using because there are issues about exchangers that some of them cannot really handle the growth of cryptocurrency and they will just close the market or there are people that their coins are gone just so simple.
saganpav

Activity: 140

SPOKKZ

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:16:11 PM

I would not advise you to use the stock exchange to store your coins, as this could lead to very bad consequences. It's best to create a purse and keep your crypto assets there!

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:20:21 PM

While it is relatively safe if one chooses big reputed exchanges, do not forget about the Mt. Gox incident. Safer to spread your tokens across multiple top exchanges and also use strong passwords and 2FA to protect your account from hacking.
Good to keep some tokens on your local wallet.

This is terrible advice. Why spread the tokens in different exchanges if they can be hold in wallet or Ledger. No point of putting tokens in exchange unless you are going to sell them or trade them.

Wuddly

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:23:20 PM

There are a huge number of exchanges where you can buy or sell a crypto currency. Each of them has its own characteristics, but in many respects they are similar to each other. The main drawback of them is the high risk of losing investment due to the actions of intruders, law enforcement agencies or unscrupulous owners. These drawbacks are deprived of decentralized exchanges!!!
Rammygold

Activity: 202

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:44:39 PM

Sincerely speaking don't think your tokens is safe in the exchange site, the longer it stays there the more risk its exposed to, for example someone have hacked my hibtc account
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 08:52:06 PM

Your best bet would be to store your tokens in an offline wallet like ledger or trezor. While exchanges do have some layer of security over your assets, they can not be fully trusted to protect your tokens because they are constantly a target of hacks and breaches most of the time. Keeping your tokens offline is still the safest avenue

brave77

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:02:55 PM

If u are long term trader its better to create one wallet in your pc and to have coins there, but if u are daily trader u need to keep your coins in exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: