Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
dazuixia456

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

It's better not to keep the tokens on exchanges in case of long-term investment. Use wallets.
Also I recommend you not to trade tokens using your smartphone and not hold tokens there. Always use a computer! It is safer and you can use different kinds of wallets - online, desktop, hard. 

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marvtridon

Activity: 151
Merit: 3

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:50:51 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

If your investment is not big enough to be transffered to your own personal wallet, then you should leave it there as it is not economical to move such an investment. Sometime ago, i wanted to move fun to my mew from binance, the charges was very high, i just abandoned the withdrawal as it is not economical.

CRYPTASSIST.io   |▌  ICO has Started  ▶  JOIN NOW!
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD   ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 10:58:02 PM

I can't say that it's really safe to let your tokens on the exchange. There are certain times that it is better you keep it in your own wallet or cold storage if you are not going to day trade. Based on experiences and knowledge, some exchanges have been breach for example ED. That time I was trading when suddenly my accounts were drain (Eth), buy luckily to have it back. There would be times that thing like that happens even they have maximum securities. Don't bother thinking about burning some gas transferring your assets, it's a preventive move and a wise one.
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:35:34 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 07:11:09 AM by Sniper150

There are some exchange that is not safe like etherdelta, this exchange is not safe because one of my coins was lost. No verification request, but you need to fill your private key and address. I don't know where it goes. Just keep your token in your MEW, only do a transaction if necessary because if you lost it, it will never be come back.
bitcoinhunter1221

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:44:34 AM

Leaving tokens in an exchange will never be safe. Everybody knows that exchanges also have issues of being hacked like the one on etherdelta. Lots of funds left on the exchange were stolen. Better create a wallet that can secure your tokens well. Goodluck.
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:47:51 AM

there are many trustworthy exchange but even they are secure they have the possibility to be hack. the are exchange site that has been hacked liked coincheck and bitgrail. also etherdelta they can't be trusted. better buy at different exchange sites in case unexpected problem occur so you will still have something left.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:54:19 AM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

so far I have no problem losing in exchange. Yes, as long as I keep active in trading everything is safe and under control. I suggest, if you are an investor and tend to hold back. you better look for a good wallet you can keep your altcoin in MEW

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
zlt220

Activity: 189
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:58:21 AM

So far it is a centralized exchange, it is safe due to its high security measure, but the most better way to safe tokens is personal wallet, which you own the private key to it.. If you're holding for long it is not advisable to store on exchanges it is better you store on your personal wallet, but for day traders you are good to go.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:19:21 AM

If you are going to store your tokens on an exchange, it must have a high level of security.Yes, it is possible that it can be stolen but exchanges are taking necessary steps to secure your private keys in cold storage, to avoid losing tokens in case of any security breach. But it is best if you store tokens in your personal wallet and keep safe your private keys but your wallet can still be hacked if you are careless in securing your private keys. For long-term holding, personal wallet is the best option for short-term day trading, exchange is best to avoid withdrawal charges & it will be time-saving.
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:34:18 AM

If you want to put tokens for long term in exchange, for the better chooce decentralized exchange like Idex and fork delta for ERC20 Token, these exchange offer you to own the private key and will be the samething if you put the token in MyEtherWallet. But if want to put tokens let say for more than 2 years will be much better keep it in personal wallet like coinomi.

Oasisman

Activity: 2590
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 08:59:23 AM

Storing in any Exchanges isnt advisable for long term holding, there's a higher risk of hacking and security breach thats why they are putting tons of security measures to avoid such attack. Exchange as well arent designed to be a personal wallet. You can store your assets offline by using a paper wallet, but of course you need to be extra careful not to lost it.
Personal wallet with 2FA and private key will do if youre storing just medium amount of asset.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tatnM

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:12:25 AM

Looking at which exchange you store your tokens. I can advise you to store on Qryptos, they keep all the tokens in cold wallets and security at altitude, but this exchange is not suitable for trading.
gokhan17

Activity: 448
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:32:32 AM

I'm sure don't have money on the exchange, except for small amounts.
ezra band

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:45:53 AM

If you are in to long term holding, storing in any exchanges is not advisable. There is a higher risk of being hack and security breach. That's why they are putting a lot of security to avoid this such problem. Exchange are also not designed to be a personal wallet. You can already store your assets offline by using a paper wallet. But still make sure that you will be extra careful so you'll nit lose it.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:49:07 AM

No its not safe, but many peoples know that and continue use exchanges because its one place to hold many tokents and coin
in other way you need download wallets for each blockchain

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:53:03 AM

Wow look at that!

The answer is off course a big NO!

Exchanger is the horrible place to store your tokens and if it got hacked then no you can reclaim what you had their. It doesnt provide your the private keys too so its even harder to recover the tokens if something goes wrong with it.

And no you are doing it the wrong way, you should get yourself a private key enabled wallet like MEW, Metamask etc.

You dont need the android app or so to get your wallets stored. Thats bazaar too think like that. You an always have online wallets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:54:33 AM

If you will store them for short time then exchanges are just fine to store on them but remember to always enable 2fa on the exchanges you are using . But if you are planing to store for really long time without use them then a wallet is the way to go with .

Just a warning even if you have 2fa on , never store token on an exchange you are using an API on it .
Don Stefanello

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:56:18 AM

Its somewhat ok to put the money in exchange, most of us did it for so long and didnt have any problems, exchanges are making millions of dollars, and i am certain that they invest in the proper security
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:05:28 AM

Yes, just make sure you are on a legit exchange platform and double check the address bar because there are some cases of exchanger sites imitated to by phishing sites. Double check also the address when you are going to receive and send your funds to make sure that everything is correct and to avoid losing all your tokens.

kenborbs

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:21:31 AM

You can try KuCoin which my day to day exchanger in all my transactions and I have never encountered any problem using it. Of course, you can try other exchanger but make sure to research its background and review of other users to avoid loss/hack.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: