Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
nytstalker

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:26:25 AM

Yes Exchange is much safer than wallet but choose the trusted exchange without issue of getting hacked. The advantage of stacking of tokens or altcoins in exchange is to direct sell.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:29:07 AM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
For me it is safe to put our tokens on an exchange as long as we registered 2FA in order to make sure that our account will not be hacked. 2FA is very important when we are trading in an exchange because a lots of hacker are monitoring different accounts on an exchange. So beware of it, if you have many tokens in an exchange be sure to make your account safe.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 05:03:05 AM

Maybe it was safe to put our tokens on that exchange, But we need to check always if our tokens are on their already.
And make sure the exchange we use are the trusted exchange.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:31:20 AM

the case of tokens or coins lost in the wallet exchanger, there are only two factors that are dangerous,
first is the exchanger itself, so far there have been many cases of wallet exchanger hacking, which has caused the market to experience a dump, because hackers sell large amounts of ETH and BTC, causing the public to panic
second is hacking your account, so make sure your account is safe and for username, email, password, 2FA and all other security systems, I recommend being activated
advice from me
as long as you don't save your coins in Yobit and your account data is only you know, everything will be fine
YMaverik

Activity: 934
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:33:03 AM

coins should be kept on a cold wallet, provided long-term investments. If you trade coins, you keep them on the stock exchange.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:00:07 AM

As long as the Exchange has not been hacked by hackers, then I must be safe.
And which exchanges do the irresponsible people want to crack?

But you better save it in an offline wallet like TREZOR.
audyearls

Activity: 215
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:42:44 AM

It is better to store coins owned in the wallet because security is more secure than in the stock exchange, especially now that there is widespread hacking by irresponsible parties or hackers, but if saving coins in the exchange is not in the long term it may not be too risky, but if storing coins in the stock for a long term may be risky.
bayupermana

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:55:17 PM

If you are holding many btc or just invested and do not want to sell it for long term than you should ideally be saving it offline. But if you want to do trading or buy/sell for a short term and do not have much value worth than you can safely keep it in good exchange.
Sanmark

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:38:55 PM

On exchange is definitely better than in android phone! But I think it's safe to put few thousand $ on each exchange you are trading. And since most of us are not millionaires, that's most favourable option!

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:46:58 PM

If you are holding many btc or just invested and do not want to sell it for long term than you should ideally be saving it offline. But if you want to do trading or buy/sell for a short term and do not have much value worth than you can safely keep it in good exchange.
Really depends from the usage, not just btc but also tokens or existing alts that you have, if the amount is big never store it inside exchange because even the reputable exchange can be hacked but if that's is not that much and you are using it to do your trading business where you can monitor it from time to time, choose exchange that already exist for some years and keep your security as intact.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:18:01 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, this is the worst option for storing the tokens you have. Nobody recommends it, and even exchanges themselves warn against using their accounts as wallets. It is better to keep your tokens in a safe place - wallet!!!

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
NikkiS

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:25:52 PM

In my opinion, this is the worst option for storing the tokens you have. Nobody recommends it, and even exchanges themselves warn against using their accounts as wallets. It is better to keep your tokens in a safe place - wallet!!!
It is best to keep your coins on a hardware wallet, such as a ledger or a trezor. There, your coins will be more secure than anywhere else.

[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:18:28 PM

Exchange is not the safe way to keep your cryptocurrency. Mt. Gox tragedy is already a lesson learned from this. It is still safe if you keep your cryptocurrency in your own device and make a backup for its private key.
wolfdragon

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:23:32 PM

Exchange is not the safe way to keep your cryptocurrency. Mt. Gox tragedy is already a lesson learned from this. It is still safe if you keep your cryptocurrency in your own device and make a backup for its private key.

I agree to you, better to store it in a cold wallet or safe place that we have back up our private keys, me, I just transferred coins to exchange if only I will sell it that time.
owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:27:02 PM

Yes it is safe, as long as you save your privacy in a safe place, like your private keys. You must also know how to protect your wallets. Exchanges have their own security and we must know how to put our private keys in a secret place that only you could know. Private key is very important in a wallet so nothing to worry about if you have it.
XiaoRui

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:31:05 PM

I think so, in this world there is nothing safe.
Everywhere and in everything there are risks and security measures, the rest depends on your knowledge and ability to protect your own.
I keep tokens both on the exchange and in my wallet, as long as there are no pretexts for danger, the crypto currency and the stock exchange are equipped with security measures.

roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:35:09 PM

I think exchanges are safe as long as you keep your pinkeys carefully. No one can open it even hackers as long as you keep tight guard on the important information of your account. Exchanges are sometimes used as storage for coins. It depends on how you secure your own personal data specially pinkeys.
Jateng

Activity: 1251
Merit: 144

Think Different

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:36:15 PM

In what exchanger you are going to put your token ? There are trusted exchangers, but there are also exchangers thay have so many issues of missing tokens , etc. Yes your token can be stolen by someone and consider as hacked especially in online. Little suggestion, instead of thinking to put your token in exchangers but you feel not good about it, why don't you do just download any trusted wallet or create account into secure wallet online. Maybe it'll help you.

IKZIR31

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:45:21 PM

I think don't place your token on the exchange unless you want to trade your token, it's safer to save it in a wallet that has a private key to make it safer because you have full access to your wallet.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:56:57 PM

I think don't place your token on the exchange unless you want to trade your token, it's safer to save it in a wallet that has a private key to make it safer because you have full access to your wallet.

Sometimes I just have to keep some coins on the stock exchange. For example, I tried to run the Cardano wallet (ADA) on my computer, but it didn't work. Their wallet has not been finalized properly.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: