Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
marksayson (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 12:30:19 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:45:29 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
Yes, it is safe to put it on the exchange, all exchanges have security measures to secure one’s investment, However it is more better to have a wallet such as Myetherwallet, Coinbase, etc. to be more secure and keep it safe. Remember just be more responsible with your private keys.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:50:07 PM

Yes, it is safe to put it on the exchange, all exchanges have security measures to secure one’s investment, However it is more better to have a wallet such as Myetherwallet, Coinbase, etc. to be more secure and keep it safe. Remember just be more responsible with your private keys.
Coinbase is not a wallet and where you can't store tokens yet maybe in future can.But now coinbase only supports four cryptos BTC.ETH,LTC and BCH.

For OP it is not safe to store your crypto in an exchange because you are not controlling the private key so chance of hacking is possible so move it to a wallet which have private key access.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
bitcointemon

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:52:38 PM

you should keep it in the wallet so that your tokens are not lost, because I've lost some BTC in coinsmarkets which until now the market can no longer be opened with reasons hacked by hackers .. maybe not just me who experienced similar things, so to maintain security you should move from the market
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

You don't own the coin unless you own the private key, at least that's how I look at it.
Never use exchanges for storage, they can be gone in a matter of seconds.
Guryon_master

Activity: 384

Student Coin

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:53:04 PM

Absolutely yes! As long as the exchange site will not get hack.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram◂[/center
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:54:03 PM

Of course,it is best to keep in your personal account in your wallet than on the exchange,as the exchange can close at any time and you will lose all your coins,so it is definitely best to keep the coins in your wallet,and on the exchange to display those tokens that you are going to trade

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

as soon as you make a deposit on an exchange you are no longer safe! it is not about leaving it there for long, it is the very second your deposit is confirmed and it becomes irreversible.
the exchange is holding and controlling your money then and they can decide to scam you and run away or you get hacked and lose and a lot of other stuff happening.

this is one of the risks of trading.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
harrypotter1229

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:57:29 PM

If you don't have a lot of money and coins on the exchange's account, you can keep it there in a short time, or if you are a regular trader, then you have to put it on the exchange. But the usual way is to deposit your wallet and keep the password. Because even the largest exchange can't fully guarantee your account's safety.
RSM0103

Activity: 269

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

Coinbase is not a wallet and where you can't store tokens yet maybe in future can.But now coinbase only supports four cryptos BTC.ETH,LTC and BCH.

For OP it is not safe to store your crypto in an exchange because you are not controlling the private key so chance of hacking is possible so move it to a wallet which have private key access.
Thank you for your humble correction. I appreciate it. Its my bad i think i need more knowledge from my senior’s here in the forum.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:14:20 PM

It is totally not safe except if you have them for day trading then you can leave them on the exchanges, but if you are a long time holders. it is best you leave them in a wallet you control the private keys for them.

Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:27:24 PM

A big NO for that one. Never store your tokens in an exchange. Keep it in a personal wallet like a hardware wallet or paper wallet. Make sure to back up your private keys.
kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:31:44 PM

Don't keep your investment in currently exchanges because they may be hacked in any time. From hacker or goverments no matter.
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 01:58:58 PM

People speak correctly. Do not keep your money on the purses of the stock exchange, at any moment something can happen and you will lose your money. It is best to keep on cold wallets from which you have a password!
silver23

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:02:39 PM

Yeah sure.
Exchange is same like Wallet.
But exchanger can do Trading.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:06:02 PM

Only for a short time if you're going to be trading. If not, transfer the coins to your local wallet. You wouldn't want to take a chance on something happening to the exchange, look what happened to $NANO on Bitgrail.  Undecided

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:08:15 PM

Definitely safe, as long as your pc isn't hacked with keyloggers and so on.

Although it depends on the exchange, for the most part it is safe and some people keep it there.
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:08:27 PM

its not advisable to store your coin/token on exchanges because you dont control your private key if the exchanges got hack you could lose your coin/token theres so many android multi wallet out there that you can control your private key and you can use my https://www.myetherwallet.com for your erc-20 token to store your token.
HTMLCOIN

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:09:28 PM

top 10 of exchange markets are safe ,but i didn't know the small exchanges . by the way you can install IMtoken APP for  eth platform wallet in your phone.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:11:52 PM

I think you already know the answer, you just need confirmation.

No, it is not advisable to make exchange wallet as long term storage of your tokens or coins. If you are going to be a day trader, you need to keep your coins on the exchange wallet for ease of use. But if you are holding for long term, store it in a safe place or wallet. There are lots of kinds of wallet, not just android wallet. Find one that suits your need.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: