Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
fattycoins

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:28:35 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 03:12:17 PM by fattycoins

I PERSONALLY THINK IT IS OK IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO IT IN YOUR PHONE BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEY AND IT SHOULD BE SECURE ENOUGH.MEANWHILE TRY TO HAVE YOUR OWN WALLET.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dangwapo311

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:32:29 AM

It is not a good habit or an ideal action to store your tokens on exchange sites. For me it is much better to store them on wallets where it is much more secure than those exchange sites. There have been reports of exchange sites getting hack lately so it is much better to store your tokens on wallets to avoid losing them.
invoker666

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:37:38 AM

Depends on the stock exchange, for example on Binance the chance that you will be hacked is extremely small.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:45:52 AM

Of course,it is best to keep in your personal account in your wallet than on the exchange,as the exchange can close at any time and you will lose all your coins,so it is definitely best to keep the coins in your wallet,and on the exchange to display those tokens that you are going to trade

agree, it is like banks that uses your funds and when they screwed up, thats it, goodbye money, it is still best to have your wallet, you can have the power over your own funds, and play it by placing it to trading, tokens are somehow unstable, it depends on the trading sites if they can accept such token, even the stable tokens are not safe in exchange sites, one minute they are accepting you tokens and one minute, your tokens are worthless, better place it to more safer storage, that is your own wallet. just add more security features on your wallet like 2fa and unusual password.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:49:34 AM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
very unsafe, you should keep it in your wallet.
The wallet is made to protect your coins, it will be very difficult to steal, but if in the market, I cannot guarantee its security. it's better that you immediately withdraw it
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:53:01 AM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
no, there is no one suggest to put your invested token in an exchange, if you plan to hold it, its better to store it in a safe wallet. but if you do trading then its fine to store it on exchange.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Layers318

Activity: 266
Merit: 4

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 12:54:08 AM

Exchanges are meant for temporary holding of coins for trading after which a user have to send them back to the original wallets. Exchanges are always under attack due to the huge amount of money passing there. Once the security of the exchange is breached, tokens are stolen from the affect wallets on the exchange.

[ CurioInvest ]: Bringing Collectables into the Digital World (https://curioinvest.com) [IEO LIVE]
Lareina

Activity: 430

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:11:06 AM

You can often see news that the exchange is being attacked by hackers. Cause the coin to be stolen. And sometimes the exchange uses coins in its own hands to trade.
vederfreds

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:31:24 AM

Yes I have run hundreds of thousands through Binance and Kucoin.  I can vouch for those 2.  Never had an issue.  Just keep in mind this is a bit more risky than going to the local bank. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dClinic.io ║ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain (https://dclinic.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄[/center
maromak

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:23:57 PM

if you want to keep, please put it in the wallet. never think that exchange is a safe place, you can read news on the internet about exchange being hacked .. you can learn from that experience. however the wallet remains safer.
kiw_91

Activity: 291

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:40:28 PM

The main idea of crypto currencies is a decentralization of money and payments. Thus in my personal oppinion, the best way to store you money/ crypto are wallets. Exchanges is only a medium of conversion. My oppinion in the future, that we are able to change between crypto currencies without the usage of exchanges, thus making the crypto fully decentralized. its just my 2 cents.

For now its better to store in your wallet and probably a small percent in exchanges for trading, buy, etc..

Smiley
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:53:57 AM

Exchange is not a safe place to keep your coins even if it has a security feature. Exchange is design for trading or exchange your coins. It is better to keep it in your own wallet and do a research on how to secure it.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:12:40 AM

Exchange is very vulnerable to hacking.
But if you don't have a hardware wallet like TREZOR and Ledger Nano, then maybe it's better to save it on the Exchange.

Keep monitoring the Exchange that you store tokens so that when something goes wrong you can save your token.
diamdirumah

Activity: 157

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:18:10 AM

May have to be more careful because saving money in exchange, of course, will be more at risk. And this news we often see that much money was stolen. Better you don't long saving your money in Exchange.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:39:14 AM

It's too dangerous to store tokens on the Exchange, especially foreign exchanges whose head office is far from your home.
Maybe it's better if the Exchange's head office is in your country, so when there is an error, you can go to the head office.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:12:01 AM

if you are going to trade constantly, it's better that they are on the stock exchange, if you just keep it and you can also on your wallet MEW

btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:17:06 AM

It is not good to keep coins in the exchanges but some exchanges will charge a high fee for withdrawing the tokens that's why many people keep their coins in the exchange but people who afraid will withdraw their token to concerned wallets.
fakegurutu

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:20:32 AM

It depends on what exchanges you are going to store your tokens. If the exchanges you have chosen has a reputation or something in a top 20, maybe its safe to say that your tokens will be guarded well as long you wont make a mistake in dealing in a certain transactions.
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:23:18 AM

There are many fake exchange android apps in play store please justify using exchange android apps.Because most of the exchange released their official apps for android/ios user.You can put the token in big exchange then there is no risk.I used binance android official apps and it downloaded from their official website.
Gyromancer

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 05:28:38 AM

Actually it is safe if you store your crypto currency token in exchange. But I suggest you better make a wallet and save your crypto currency in the wallet. It will be safer and your mind will be calmer of course. I recommend that you keep your crypto currency in exchange if you have active buying and selling mobility in crypto currencies. You can store crypto currencies in exchange if you use them for trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: