Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:12:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
nakamote

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 08:02:30 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
You will safe if you are going to use mew or myetherwallet.com ,because it is the most trusted and safest way to protect your ethereum and ethereum based tokens which is erc20 tokens,use metamask extension if you are going to buy those tokens from a dex or decentralized exchanges so that you wont need to put your private keys manually because you can be hacked,avoid those app and web wallet because these wallets has more risk of getting hacked.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anita1873

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 06:09:50 AM

It is always better that you should keep your token in offline wallet like trazor, if you do not trading since the long time. You can any time transfer your tokens on exchange when you want to trade that tokens, but there you should be sure about security of that exchange. If exchange have  the two-factor authentication and google authentication then your tokens may be safe.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
NS-Soul

Activity: 497
Merit: 110

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:16:20 AM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
Yes and no, it is safe if the exchange will not be hacked or scam by its owners and the safety of your token on it depends on how you secure your accounts. As much as possible if you have a desktop download a wallet or atleast some site that you will have the private key.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
stein888

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

"OPEN GAMING PLATFORM"

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:12:53 AM

Yes it is safe, but you must download a wallet already or make a wallet in myetherwallet.com if you don't wan to download a wallet, but I think you eventually will because you can't withdraw your money without a wallet.

YUMERIUM    ❰❰❰  http://www.yumerium.com/  ❱❱❱
An Incentivized, Blockchain based Open Gaming Platform
sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:29:16 AM

I also put tokens in decentralized exchange like Etherdelta and idex, and so far i dont get any problem, but i heard all exchange has issue about security and hacking so to be more  safe if you want to keep tokens for long term investment, like more than 1 years will be better put in personal wallet and you own the private key.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Viarahine

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 07:40:57 AM

I think it's not entirely safe, because, for example, the Bittrex exchange recently eliminated a significant amount of coins. And what do you think, if you bought tokens and left them on the stock exchange and eliminated them, then where will your money be? - Nowhere. When your coins in online wallet, such as Myetherwallet, do not risk to be eliminated. You can also sell your tokens on other exchanges if they are stored on a cryptocurrency wallet.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 04:58:23 PM

This is a very dangerous way of storing any crypto. You must use your own wallet and keep coins there. I think that you understand that exchanges are often being hacked, so your coins can be stolen. The safest way is to store coins and tokens on the hardware wallet.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:29:17 PM

As what we have knew, nothing on this planet is totally a safe place to keep our valuable thing specially on internet. Exchange are not meant to be a storage, it was place to buy, collect or trade your token/coin.

Why not download a wallet apps either on your phone or workstation, or consider buying some hardware wallet which is more safe.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
A.Koosay

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:30:12 PM

size of the exchange doesnt matter, look into the security system of their wallet. Also look at their kyc and aml procedures these are extremely important for any investor
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:52:27 AM

Tokens are not safe anywhere, if you don't have strong password and if you don't enabled the 2FA Google Authentication security feature.
According to me whenever you buy coin from exchange, then first see there security features like 2FA Authentication, Rating of the exchange and also peoples have trust on that exchange or not.
If you see these all features in exchange, then you can buy coin from that exchange otherwise you will search for another good exchange, who have these features.
Then definitely your coins will be safe on that exchange.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

you can keep them on the exchange but it's riskier. I've had miota on binance for 4 months because of the lack of a decent wallet, nem on poloniex for 6 months because the withdrawal fee is massive and it's only a small amount of nem. and traders keep amounts on exchanges all the time to trade.
but... If you are keeping all your crypto on the exchange you have no fallback. I would be nervous to leave everything i own on an exchange so I have a hardware wallet.

Go Green!
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:15:06 AM

Depend on the level security of exchange , if you use mayor exchange like Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance etc will be safe  because they has high security features. Make sure when log in from right link and use clean device. And one more thing use minimum.2 different exchange to avoid other risk because no one can guarantee that exchange does not have problem later.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:18:29 AM

I think it's safe because I also keep a lot of tokens in the exchange because it is definitely guaranteed safe in exchange.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:27:47 AM

It depends on what exchanges you're referring too,if that is reliable and legit so much better because if the coins is in exchange and time comes you wanted to enter a trading then youre funds is ready to be in transaction..this is what im doing though i have in my wallets but i have in exchanges too like when the dip happens i stopped trading ,waiting for recovery to start trading again
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:33:58 AM

if you're stupid then yes, it's probably better to keep them at an exchange. if you're not stupid, it's better to keep them yourself.
if you hold your coins properly, noone can ever steal them.
exchanges however, can steal or lose them in some way.

I wrote a long text about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3147362.msg32538628#msg32538628

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:53:46 AM

I hold 80% of coins in different wallets and 20% at several criptocurrency exchanges. I think that it is not good idea to keep all coins at criptocurrency exchanges. It is better to manage coins in more safe way Smiley

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 11:54:21 AM

You have to specify which exchange you want to use to safe your tokens. You could trust Binance, because it is the biggest cryptoexchange on the world.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:01:10 PM

In my opinion, you shouldn't store any of your altcoins on an exchange unless you want to trade the tokens in the short term. Holding your coins on an exchange has a lot of risks associated with it such as hacks, etc. Its better to hold your coins on a wallet that you control their private keys

Better safe than sorry.
Webcelerator
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:08:03 PM

It is very often safe, the main thing is to protect yourself on this exchange and take precautions. I have some coins lying in investment portfolios on the stock exchanges.
tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:11:41 PM

yep, it is safe but its prone to be hacked that the only problem with it..

D88
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: