Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:43:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
ALWASA

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:40:51 PM

I think the answer is yes - it is rather safe. Very hard to steal your tokens on exchange, because security in the exchange is guaranteed. Jsut be careful with your password and security key and everything will be allright.

Yes correct, it is safe. You don't have to worry because in terms of security you can actually trust the exchange but you have to make sure all your passwords and other detail are already been  secured for you not to be able to steal by others.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄████████
▄██████████▄
████████████
▀██████████▀
 ▀████████▀
   ▀████▀
   ▄████▄       ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄
▄███████████▄███████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀██████████▀ ▀██████████▀
 ▀████████▀   ▀████████▀
   ▀████▀       ▀████▀
   ▄████▄       ▄████▄
 ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄
▄███████████▄███████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀███████████▀███████████▀
 ▀████████▀   ▀████████▀
   ▀▀██▀▀       ▀▀██▀▀

Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY
   MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE,
           STOP SCAMS
WITH BITDEPOSITARY       
/

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

in
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wowveryusername

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:43:03 PM

I definitely don't suggest people to put tokens on the exchange for their saving purpose , hold or save should be hold in some kind of cold wallet, the one that doesn't connect to internet to make sure that everything will be safe.
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:46:03 PM

You cant use exchange as your personal wallet, how do you have token if your not chosing any kind of erc20 wallet like myetherwallet. So easy to create a wallet. Go on the website just a minute it finished. Using exchnage might loss your token. Like token in airdrop and bounty,
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:48:13 PM

no it's not. Every exchange has a chance to get screw up with hacking,ddos etc. You don't own your own priv key, so your coins in the mercy of exchange, take polo as an example, they have been hack in their early days i believe and in 2017  they have a withdrawal issue that makes some people coin stuck on their exchange for about 3 months. That's cannot happen if you own your own priv key.
saLve88

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 11:51:38 PM

Depositing tokens in exchanges are safe only if those exchanges support high security measures such as 2FA verification. And also its better to keep in touch with news about hacking attemps and ddos attacks to reduce login into cloud sites. But the best way to keep your tokens is put them into a hardware wallet like trezor or nano ledger because its the best and the safest methot at the moment to keep cryptocurrencies.
nicole74859

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:25:08 AM

We never get worried if we just left our tokens in any exchanger waiting for it sold, but provided that site is secured and not a pishing site. I've always doing that and I'm not losing them even it takes for 2months in their sites.
mizamuneerashine

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

jarvis.exchange

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:39:05 AM
Merited by terencio (1)

It's depends on the exchange, I have some altcoins that still on the exchange,the exchange has a large volume so  I don't worry that much. But I strongly discourage to put your holding in the exchange, what if the exchange will get hacked or will close like coinsmarket.  Please make sure your account is well protected and activate all the security features.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
prechi

Activity: 130

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 09:51:50 AM

It's more preferable to leave the tokens on their main wallet!
Parasomniac

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:18:54 PM

If we talk about really serious exchanges (for example Binance) i think it's quite safe to keep your tokens here. It has 2 factor authentication and that's really good and important.
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:21:16 PM

If we talk about really serious exchanges (for example Binance) i think it's quite safe to keep your tokens here. It has 2 factor authentication and that's really good and important.
It is not safe to hold your funds on exchange, it was never safe and it will never be safe. Exchange can be hacked and maybe they will return money to you in worst scenario they will run away with your money and by the time you run lawsuit to get your money back you will become old. Keep funds in your wallet.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:23:44 PM

If you want to hold tokens, it not safe, if you want to trade it is ok. Try to hold you cryptocurrency on wallets!
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:24:44 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
Of course it can be hacked, it's not the only way to lose your token if you store it on exchange, there's news of exchange suspend the user account and if your account get suspended then you will lose your money. There's a lot of cases where exchange got hacked nowdays so it's not recommended to store a lot of money there, just buy a hardware wallet and you are safe.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:27:29 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
Of course it can be hacked, it's not the only way to lose your token if you store it on exchange, there's news of exchange suspend the user account and if your account get suspended then you will lose your money. There's a lot of cases where exchange got hacked nowdays so it's not recommended to store a lot of money there, just buy a hardware wallet and you are safe.

I agree with you, you need to fear not only the hacking of the exchange. The exchange itself can appropriate funds and say that it was hacked.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
jpnl0002

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:48:40 PM

Its a matter of choice but one advise is better do not keep your tokens in exchange because it could get hacked any day anytime the best you can do for yourself in order not to lose your tokens and be on a safe side  keep them in your wallet
close up

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:51:15 PM

Use metamask instead of MEW and exchange because MEW might have some security issues like phishing and exchange might be hacked in someday. Metamask is a great use for portability and also security.
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 04:58:08 PM

It depends on what kind of exchanges and also it depends on you if your token is currently on exchange you need to put a two-factor authenticator  or make it a 3 layer security to be more secured, but for me, exchanges are not advisable to put all your assets there because they are prone to attacks and thieves even if that exchange is very safe or secured for now there will be a possibility that it will be breach in the future so get a ledger wallet or put your assets to any hardware wallet
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:00:58 PM

Its never been good idea to hold your tokens in any exchanges because we have many incidents that many members lost tokens during keep in exchanges and many exchanges already have big issues with security because they have not enough development for this purpose so if you want safety of your coins then keep them in your own wallet 
bilbilon

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 06:41:56 AM

if you have a plan of making deposit on exchange make sure the big exchange out their like binance and bittrex and activate you full security like 2fa.  but the best thing is get ledger wallet if you have a big amount. because we don't know what happen in those exchange in the future make sure to be safe.
mstfprcn

Activity: 700
Merit: 553

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:09:37 AM

of course no, do you leave your money at the desk ? the best secure way of it, hardware wallets, buy a  ledger or trezor and enjoy your dreams.

P.S: i am fuckin Mt.GOX victim.
Nilupulie

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:20:03 AM

If you do frequent trading exchanges are good to keep the tokens. But if the purpose is for a long time trading it is advisable to keep it in a myether wallet. Myether wallet (MEW) is a safest place to store the tokens and i also use Myether wallet (MEW) to store my tokens. For additional security you can install metamask for this and it is a google chrome web extension. It is important to book mark your myether wallet website and always log from there. Do not give log on from unrecognized websites since there are so many phishing websites.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: