Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange?  (Read 2981 times)
inillo

Activity: 254
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

The exchanges are never safe. SOmetimes is not even a hack, but their owners the ones that close the business and say "it has been hacked". That´s the problem in crypto, nothing is safe.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:14:44 PM

there are no safe place for cryptocurrency either your own place or other place,
2 possibilities that can happen if you are storing it on exchange;
if you are storing your money on exchange,you will be targeted either by their staff or hackers.
for example what poloniex did to some people(targeted by staff or exchange itself),
they're blocking their users account without a proper explanation,and until now nothing changes.

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:19:39 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

Well we all know that hackers are really targeting trading platforms so for me its not safe especially if you hold huge amount of tokens in an exchange. What I do is just let it sit on my MEW wallet, and then when its time for me to dump it I will just deposit it. At least you have control of your private keys if you just let it sit on your MEW, meaning you have total control of it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:22:37 PM

No! and once again no! It is very risky to keep funds on the stock exchange purse, because at any moment the exchange can close and you can do nothing more with money, with your money, which has already become not yours.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:24:33 PM

No, exchanges are not the place to store your coins/tokens other than for trading purposes. You should get your own wallets. If you want something easy and secure, buy a hardware wallet for less than $100.
shana95

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:04:52 PM

Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, It's not safe very much. Not anywhere totally safe. But Exchanges have a big probability to get hacked than wallets. Some centralized exchanges hold our account private keys in their servers. If somehow it got hacked, you will lose your funds. So I think the best option is the hold your coins in a wallet and send them into exchanges when you need.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:18:05 PM

I don't think is going to cost you much by getting yourself a wallet, get Myetherwallet and be careful because having wallet those not give one hundred percent guarantee that one will not be hacked, be very cautious of everything you do either with the exchange or you get a wallet.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:25:13 PM

If you don't want to use that token for trading, then you'd better go install a wallet app quickly because storing your tokens in an exchange isn't always safe as you expected.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
marmeladko

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:29:21 PM

Yes, but you should choose one of the top exchange platforms like Binance, OKEx, etc. And remember that it is better to put your tokens in 2-3 separated accounts instead of one.

johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:40:20 PM

You should get a mew wallet,it is the most trusted wallet by the community if we are talking about the erc20 based tokens which are commonly used with these ICO tokens,it is going to be safe for you if you arent going to purchase tokens using those android app because these wallets are more vulnerable with these hackers because it is being targeted most of the time.

matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 06:51:01 PM

Theres a higher chance of getting hacked with these app or android wallets because these wallets are more prone from hackers plus these wallets are mostly open source that is why we should stick with the mew or myetherwallet.com wallet because it is the safest way to store your ethereum and erc20 tokens,do not trust any wallet other than mew and a hardwallet you can use both to be more secured!

cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:03:18 PM

Use myetherwallet.com wallet so that your tokens will be safe,use metamask extension everytime you are going to use dex or decentralized exchanges so that you wont need to put your private keys manually,do not use app or web wallets because they are very prone to hackers and your computer could be affected by some malware or viruses so you should get some hardwallet to be safe!
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:06:28 PM

It is not entirely safe as there's news about exchanges got hacked and got their fund stolen, althought it's not common but there's always the possibility of it's happening. Some dodgy exchange also like to block your account for whatever reason. If you want to put your tokens at exchange, i suggest putting it on big exchange like binance and use the 2fa auth to protect your account. It's better if you can afford hardware wallet so you don't have to worry about the security anymore.

cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:21:21 PM

Not going to be safe if you are going to put your private keys in decentralized exchanges,if you are planning to use dex like fork and etherdelta you just need to get some mew wallet + install the metamask extension so your private keys wont be asked by these exchanges because you will lose a lot of money when you didnt use metamask extension.

Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:21:39 PM

For me it doesn't really matter where I store my coins. I use wallet if I wan't to HODL, but in most cases I prefer to trade so I deposit them on exchanges and hope that they are safe enough there, as I usually use only Binance and Kucoin.

mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:47:27 PM

Nope it isnt safe for us to buy tokens using these app wallets, we should be using myetherwallet.com because it is the most trusted and safest wallet for these erc20 based tokens,shouldnt be using these web and app wallets because they are more prone from these hacking,never trust anyone with your private keys and use metamask as always.

kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:49:13 PM

It is best to store on your personal wallet that you own and have the private keys, if you want to trade then you can move your tokens to the exchange and if you are a day trader you will have to take the risk of using and storing on exchanges.

cosmicart

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:50:52 PM

It depends on the exchange, if it is a trusted exchange, then its fine.
although some say it's risky, reason being that exchange might close or something
kolyrahman23

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 07:51:02 PM

IF IT IS A MATTER OF BIG MONEY, YOU SHOULD NOT KEEP YOUR TOKEN IN EXCHANGE WALLET. EXCHAGES LIKE BINANCE, OKEX, KUCOIN IS SAFE.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 07:56:01 PM

I keep some of my cryptocurrency on Bittrex for more than 1 year and there were no problems. However, the safest way to store it is in a personal purse. It's even better if this wallet is cold. I think that soon the most popular crypto currency exchanges will be decentralized,  for this reason you still have to get your own crypto currency into your personal wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: