Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2145

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:20:45 AM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

Usually bitcoin price rises when public interest at the lowest, and when it's overhyped it started to fall..

I'm predicting at Q2 or sooner (when everyone eyes not looking into bitcoin), it will rebound and reach new high -> then FOMO -> then bull run -> then crash..

All over again

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:31:07 AM

I think most people are changing the way they invest from HODL to selling it now and taking the opportunity to buy at cheaper prices, now many people are starting to analyze bitcoin charts and most of those who have analyzed it can conclude that bitcoin will be downtren for now.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
nickmax

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:32:45 AM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

With the drop in the price of bitcoin, its popularity is also falling among ordinary people who do not understand crypto-currencies. Therefore, there are fewer queries in Google.

If you sell your coins when bitcoin will cost $ 20,000, and in a month it will cost $ 50,000, what will you do then?
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:56:56 AM

There is a wide speculation that appears if an existing market condition was discussed. If lucky then they sell to avoid big losses, it's not a choice is wrong but is too hasty. There is also a feeling of panic with the assumption that the coin will increasingly fall into this year and last.
Hodl strategy is not actual as the price will decrease but nothing much as we have gone through these fluctuations that happen in the market in order to make conditions better for buying and selling processes so that people will sometime buy and sometime sell otherwise if the price would not fluctuated then is will be the same as you are trading. Investment is what Bitcoin means.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:20:00 AM

I think most people are changing the way they invest from HODL to selling it now and taking the opportunity to buy at cheaper prices, now many people are starting to analyze bitcoin charts and most of those who have analyzed it can conclude that bitcoin will be downtren for now.
It's been done since Bitcoin price skyrocketing from below a cent to $100 . And guess those people who didn't holding Bitcoin as long as they can , they are full of pain now regret everything in the past to not believe in Bitcoin potential.
I think the similar situation is happening now , we are in test whether do release and trade Bitcoin to cut the loss and make another way to get profit but then when Bitcoin price on top they start realize your whole trading history mean nothing as you have to buy more Bitcoin at higher price. Holding the most simple way , you have to do it. But also I wouldn't deny that trading quite effective as long as you do it with skill not a luck.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
xandebnu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Infleum

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:31:17 PM

The number of references to the word HODL on Reddit decreased significantly compared to January. This means that people are disappointed in this strategy and are looking for other ways to earn money.

BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:57:50 PM

To HODL or not to HODL is just a matter of mentality and knowledge. If you know how the market behaves and your predictions tend to be accurate and you like to have an active approach in your investments, then you don't HODL when it is not convenient. For all the others HODL will just do fine long term.

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:01:26 PM

Definitely by hold we can get profits but we don't know how much time is required to reach our goal price in yoir case it is 20K,I think bitcoin will hit $20k by end of this year but still not sure if the price keep dumping again.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:06:27 AM

The crypto currencies are going through hard times, we need be careful with any strategy.
I must say that at times when the market is falling and that there is a situation of chaos all around, then you need to be very much careful while taking any kind of decision and that you need not to go for selling of your coins. In fact, holding of all your coins is the only thing which can help you in your safe survival and it can give you a hope that you can make more money in the future.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:44:19 PM

I think people have been dormant this past few months ever since the start of the bear market, I guess the sudden decrease of popularity is because people are now more aware about BTC and cryptocurrency and they have settled in waiting for the right time of BTC to shine again.
It is even the usual thing we should always expect in a bear market. HODL most times is mostly being used by those who got FOMOed (pardon my English – idea is needed Grin) into the bull market and then when the whole thing happens, they end up still holding anyway without any choice but as it is, the interest dies down as they just hope that one day the market recovers and they get to see the whole idea of HODL coming into play.

After all, for now, we should know already that most people prefer joining the bandwagon than doing things differently which always give the institutions an advantage.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:49:04 PM

Because the price is falling down, obviously. Mainstream people would just search for it when the price is skyrocketing. The success of Bitcoin doesn't rely on users Google search. It doesn't matter whether people believe in the future of Bitcoin or not, if it succeeds so be it.

I'm doing the same.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:05:22 PM

The number of references to the word HODL on Reddit decreased significantly compared to January. This means that people are disappointed in this strategy and are looking for other ways to earn money.

From January month to this we are more than half a way mate. We need to find the bitcoin price bumped bigger in the marker for sure in future. That will be happen if you hold the fund.
As I see the bitcoin price speculation in various analysis site. Everyone mention that it will reached to 25k USD in 2019 end.
If you want to earn money holding alone is not a right way, you may invest on trading, mining, lending etc. Check all the sources in the bitcoin talk.
usekevin

Activity: 2226
Merit: 558

Need Manager!!Hire Me!! Telegram Id @Usekevin

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

Actually ,the price of bitcoin is now fluctuates in positive sides.HODL is the best as compared to sell at low prices.And this is the time to hold your bitcoin,you will feel when the price is increases.Today bitcoin price is crossed 8000$,we know for the past few weeks bitcoin price hard to raise 7000$.But today the price of bitcoin crossed 8000$. Just hold your bitcoin.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:23:26 PM

if seen from the BTC price decline for now it is quite reasonable when viewed from the graph. but I still believe that the HOLD strategy will still be a trend that will never disappear. only his time for now is not so precise. I think there are still many investors who still believe in the strength of bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
teeevnglst

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:39:33 PM

Im just saying HODL is a must you see since the alt coin price is still dropping there is no way you cash out my friend, if do, automatic lose for you. So for me HODL is a the right thing to do in this market You either lose a lot or lose a little at the moment.I know it sucks but the thing is we expected this to happen right before we enter this industry there is always a good and a bad month for the bounty hunters and also for the HODL guys.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:47:01 PM

Looking back, the similar trend also happened to appear when bitcoin was rising until the bubble burst and poof! The attention and the craze also wane off together with the price. During December's peak, several media outlets here and there are making reports about bitcoin reaching almost $20k, with some outlets exaggerating the numbers to gain views and whatnot. This triggered a lot of reaction from the masses to go on and check what the hell is bitcoin and what in the world does "HOLD" really mean. Waning search percentage on the internet doesn't necessarily define how much interest there really is for the said coin. Trend searches goes on and off depending on the price, so it's completely normal IMO.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:02:54 PM

That 20k is unbelievable and let us just be thankful that we saw that.
I have different view with that event though. It seems like an error to me. It didnt even take a week for that to last.
Lucky for those who sold at that price.

Have you ever thought of hodlers selling all their coins? Where do you think the price would be if that happens?
You wont even see 6k anymore. Now that is climbing again, are we going to tell again that we should HODL? Somehow it is getting stressful to keep on saying that.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:05:12 PM

I think that ever since bitcoin started going down, people started looking for other alternative ways to keep their money rolling and keep on getting profit, and since was the year of the ICOs, everyone started investing in those, so what they do is take their bitcoin and exchange it to whatever coin they want to invest in, and that has made thing even worse for bitcoin so the price kept going down, and all the people who last year started buying and holding for hope for a big profit this year changed their minds and gave up on holding all the way.
spartanrules

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:10:56 PM

Right now this strategy is very relevant. While the whole market has just begun to show signs of recovery, you need to be patient and wait for your profit.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:13:49 PM

Are you seriously considering a decreasing search result of the word "HODL" as a "calculation" on that a few people are interested in Hodling anymore? Can't you at least first assume that people only need it one time to be understood and therefore be searched once in google to know what it is? Their word's popularity doesn't mean a thing in terms of their price action. We cannot assume that all things is lost for Bitcoin because their not as "searched" as they used to be before.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: