Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:30:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:41:17 AM

Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
It's just seasonal where people are not actually HODLING but they are starting to panic so that made the chart lower. We do believe in bitcoin and it's normal for an investor to panic when he sees his investment going down. I've been in optimistic thinking that bitcoin is the best investment of all time and it will give me a brighter future.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
I'm also holding and I have set target price to sell it.
NakiRR

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:45:47 PM

Now maybe hodl is not a profitable strategy, but I think we just need to wait more time. Look at previous years, it was the same situation, maybe now it will be like before.
the market changed, i think and it's obvious. Now is more hard to earn here, we need all time work with our dep, and not only hold, it is risky.
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:53:30 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
It is not just that. Maybe those people just need to cut off their losses to use those money they can obtain from panic sellkng into more important things which might be for emergency purpose or for their own personal needs or purpose. Well, it is just depending on the people if he will keep on holding to catch up great benefit once the price of Bitcoin recovers at the high price or you can either do panic selling and do not claim your chance of obtaining higher value because you have just given up on holding.
simpleholmes

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:19:21 PM

hodl sometimes is a very good strategy especially when you don`t have enough time to make daily trading and get involved completely with the crypto trading, but you have to have a target and not hodl without knowing anything.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:50:14 PM

I think people have been dormant this past few months ever since the start of the bear market, I guess the sudden decrease of popularity is because people are now more aware about BTC and cryptocurrency and they have settled in waiting for the right time of BTC to shine again.

Holding is not bad because it only means that you are patience enough to wait for you to earn more profit, there are a lot of traders in the market or not earning a huge amount of profit because they are eager to sell their coins immediately even if the price is not yet that high.

There are a lot of situations that may affect your faith in holding because there are circumstances that we can't avoid. As a matter of fact, the newly created coins will only pump in a short period time and after that it will slowly decrease which I observed recently. I have some tokens/coins that I have been holding it almost  a year and I see nothing improvement. So, I think only the top 5 coins that deserves to hold it in long-term basis and the new coin will only fall to nothing.
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:03:57 PM

I think, that's all happened, because people, who were interested in promoting, stopped to promote bitcoin and hype around bitcoin is dead, if we compare it December 2017 - February 2018. Anyway, I still think, there a lot of chances, that bitcoin will back to 20,000$ till the end of this year, so "hold" strategy is still actual for people, who want to make a profit.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:42:12 PM

Actually, people are now getting so practical, holding is such a way to avoid from losing but as market fluctuate every time seems to be not in practice. I mean, only few people are now on the way of holding that's why market trend today aren't be predictable and it is very often for changes.
Argoo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 227

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:54:33 AM

Only retention of bitcoins or other crypto currencies really has many drawbacks. Even if you only hold bitcoin, it is possible that you can wait until it again falls to a very low cost. It is best to combine bitcoin with its trade when it either increases dramatically in price, or falls very low. To sell at peak prices and buy on a large recession would be very good for both you and bitcoin in general. Periodic trade brings good profits, and bitcoin with these actions stabilizes its course.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:24:21 PM

Actually, people are now getting so practical, holding is such a way to avoid from losing but as market fluctuate every time seems to be not in practice. I mean, only few people are now on the way of holding that's why market trend today aren't be predictable and it is very often for changes.
Holding is not the best way to avoid losing because you can still lose a lot of money when you do hold for long term because you cannot see the future that the price will continue to climb up and the best way for me to avoid losing is to have a proper plan for your investment and always have a cut loss target so you will be able to be safe from getting huge losses.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:17:22 PM

Holding is not the best way to avoid losing because you can still lose a lot of money when you do hold for long term because you cannot see the future that the price will continue to climb up and the best way for me to avoid losing is to have a proper plan for your investment and always have a cut loss target so you will be able to be safe from getting huge losses.

The thing is, if you plan to hodl, the market will go up and it will go down with you simply watching. You won't lose then if you're not sellig during a red market. If anything, it even gives you opportunity to buy during those dips. When you hodl you already have a plan for your investment, a long term plan.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 02:42:23 PM

The thing is, if you plan to hodl, the market will go up and it will go down with you simply watching. You won't lose then if you're not sellig during a red market. If anything, it even gives you opportunity to buy during those dips. When you hodl you already have a plan for your investment, a long term plan.
It depends on our decision making how we handle losses,  sometime we need to panic selling because we're depending on our status. Hodl our currency can lead us to fulfillment as we get huge money by spreading bitcoin as a good investment site .For me ,I can't say bitcoin will still exist in future but as we encourage people they can adopt bitcoin because the opportunities is so brighter.
by24

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:14:13 PM

I think the trend or popularity based on it is not accurate as google is uncounted for banning cryptocurrency. If we just HODL it we can see the difference of the exchange now and in the future
Marina17

Activity: 490
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:24:42 PM

I agree that the Hodl strategy is often fraught with consequences. When the market falls, people hold coins in the hope that they will again cost a lot of money. But we must understand that this may never happen Embarrassed

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:43:27 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.

It actually depends, if you will just keep on hodling and not planning to sell tour bitcoin at some point or during it's peak, it will be useless. Remember that as long as you are not selling or converting your holdings to fiat, you will not realize income or loss.
bitcoinerjawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:04:56 PM

yes you are right hold for those who have little capital, but if you have much better capital do not ever to hold coin you have better you play trading with fast term to avoid risk stuck in high price.
mojtabanikookal

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:30:52 PM

Do not hurry .. The HODL strategy has not yet died. Bitcoin still has a lot to grow. That's when bitcoin will reach the price of 1 000 000 $, then probably you can bury HODL. As graphs show, bitcoin is constantly falling after a rapid growth
cheeseandcrackers

Activity: 155
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:45:44 PM

It's not a strategy people with smaller amounts can really do effectively.  Someone who's got 100k of spending money or more can hold and still make huge profit, but smaller amounts would be more effective at day trading and multiplying their stack.  It's pretty much guaranteed things will go up on a long enough time frame, so long as the project isn't shit.  Holding for 2 years with $100 wont make you anything significant though, where as day trading that could easily turn into $1000
krhnrhn

Activity: 462
Merit: 306

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:00:23 PM

At the end of story absolutely holders will win! But it is completely slow strategy Smiley
Averim

Activity: 515
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:00:10 PM

Can somebody tell me what is the HODL strategy? This is the first time when i read about it and i am curious what this is about. I say tanks for the answers.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:15:01 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 11:10:23 PM by slashz9

depending on what stragegi you use, if you plan to invest it of course it is for the long term, if only for the short term it is for trading.
so just because the trend in google declared does not mean they sell their bitcoin, they hold it. just see the market cap total market bitcoin now 153 billion dollars while its 24 hour volume only 7 billion dollars means it is only 5-8% of the total.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: