Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:59:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
Barbatsutsa

Activity: 149
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:50:15 PM

I think that you are wrong because HODLers who survived the last bear market are in great profits.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25

Activity: 339
Merit: 120

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 11:07:49 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
It not that people do not believe into Bitcoin anymore, it is just that no matter they want to hold into their Bitcoin there are still instances that they truly need to do such thing of selling it for the sake of having instant money which they will maybe used for emergency purposes or other things like that because we can never tell the situation that will make us to do such thing. The HODL strategy was really a great thing to do but not at all times because it is still depending on the situation or the decision of the people if he will still hold it or used it for an immediate response situation.
abiiiii

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:53:47 AM

Can somebody tell me what is the HODL strategy? This is the first time when i read about it and i am curious what this is about. I say tanks for the answers.
HODL is a term here in forum which means "Hold on for dear life." I've read before that it was actually a typo error made by a forum user here, instead of typing hold he typed hodl. Since then hodl was the term used when you hold/invest in a coin for long until it booms in the market.
Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:47:25 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2018, 12:35:07 PM by Hazaki

For all those who are asking why are we using the term hodl and not hold ,well it has been created here in the forum when one very known member spelled it by mistake and it went viral .And the strategy is actual because many people are following it and avoiding all the frustration that comes with trading and they are actually making profit .
s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 01:48:35 PM

Every bitcoin investor or trader has an individual strategy for business. Some follow long term holding business and some follow short term holding business. If you gain profit I think both strategy are good but opposite both are bad.
lelylely

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:09:25 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

I think nobody knows for sure the fate of bitcoin in the future, and I think holding bitcoin is a good choice for me, and I will always hold bitcoin, because according to my belief bitcoin will make my future better.

casternetwork

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:12:21 PM

I still keep my decision, I will hold the altcoin that I own for a year or two, I think that method always wins. Everyone should buy Altcoin and keep them for a long time, the price will be increased because of demand

Am I spamming? Report me!
Visteryy

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:14:06 PM

I fully agree with you, I have used the hold method for a long time, but it does not bring as much profit as short-term investment or investment day. Maybe many investors will not Hold and instead is short-term investment
isetter

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:15:59 PM

I will not agree with your opinion. In fact, most people will hold their coins and I know that when the value of the coin goes up they start selling them.
minnerETN

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:22:35 PM

I think Hold is still completely realistic. If you follow your chart, early buyers will still be able to make a lot of money. At the moment, I still see Hold as the safest way to make money in the form of investment
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:24:33 PM

People have its own way or strategy on how to play the market, it just needed the right timing and patience. We cant sometimes blame people to hold their bitcoin eventhough they are losing profit. Its the matter of trust. Also the holders help the cryptos to stay balance in the market. As of now its not advisable to hold due to really unstable movement of the cryptos but as for the long term planner they might have their own vision regarding this. We just have to be strategic in making a moves, it doesnt matter if you hold or want a short term goal for your coins.
hoanghoatham04

Activity: 176

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:26:18 PM

Investors can select the appropriate method. In my opinion, new investors should not choose the hold method when they first enter the Crypto market but should choose investment method is trading

piterpie

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:27:56 PM

Investors can select the appropriate method. In my opinion, new investors should not choose the hold method when they first enter the Crypto market but should choose investment method is trading

I do not agree with you, newbies should invest in ICOs rather than trading. Because newbies often have no knowledge of the Crypto market and they will lose a lot of money quickly with trading
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:30:45 PM

Today's story altcoin to earn profits is not possible, the market is increasingly difficult crypto, not only rely on luck and time. I think we must have experience, strategy or new income in the Crypto market. Hold now does not say anything.
I think good fortune is good for us to make a lot of money. I have studied a lot about a coin. But when I invested, I suffered a lot of losses. Then I invested in WAVES without research and eventually I made a loss of money thanks to WAVES.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
tranduc2101

Activity: 333

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:32:41 PM

People don't rely on holding their coins to look for more gains, instead they just automatically sell their tokens upon received especially of some bounty hunters. Not totally we blame them cause there's a lot of factors affecting btc downtrend and somewhat to say that there might be a market manipulation by some big whales.
You're right. A lot of people after receiving the free coins from the Airdrop programs and the bonus campaign immediately sold all and made the price of the market drop sharply. I think they have no business mind

jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:35:23 PM

Now the crypto currencies are going through hard times, so many people have lost faith in them and are trying to sell them as quickly as possible, so as not to lose the investment permanently. But I think that the HODL strategy is still worth our attention. Crypto-currencies have not yet shown everything they are capable of, so I think that you need to be patient and wait until the price rises again.
Exactly the investors lost confidence in Crypto because of the mlm scam projects. I think new people entering the Crypto market will invest in ICO mlm projects and when the ICO ends, they will not even receive any money.
Kim Domingo

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

its depends on your style.. if youre an investor your strategy really is HODL for long term but if youre a trader ofcourse youll trade when you already have profit and just buy again at dip

Thats teue if tou choose to hold Bitxoin since day one probably the money that gou have today is undoubtedly can make you more stable financially, but I agree also to the fact that holding is not applicable everytime especially fkr those people who stands for being the breadwinner of their family they must not lose money, so the redemption of the continuous dumps will be converting your money into fiat, since we cannot say that people are all courageous specially int he times that we cannot see any improvement of the price which lead the workers here to become dormant.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:06:15 PM

Holding some time brings good return to the bitcoin holders but not at all times. Take for example, people that hold bitcoin from when its value was below a thousand Dollars till now that its value is above $9,000 would be counting profit at the moment. But to those that bought bitcoin when its value was at a$19,000 and hold till now will be counting looses at its current value below $9,500 as at the time of this post.
icroatt

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:13:07 PM

There are definitely some major caveats to hodling. However, as far as hodling goes, it is an actual strategy that can create a lot of success. Take Warren Buffett for example, he picked out some companies that he thought would be good companies long term besides just the metrics and financial statements, and now he is a billionaire. What was his strategy you ask? Buying cheap, hodling for a long time, and selling high. Hes not a day trader, nor are many successful traders. I believe in the technology behind Cryptocurrency and Blockchain. I believe these things could change the world. So I HODL.

Another resource: https://www.forbes.com/sites/matthougan/2018/04/23/bitcoin-hodling-is-the-best-strategy-with-one-big-caveat/#2d9738823266
dmyddtun

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:37:46 PM

For the past few months, the HOLD strategy is not applicable because the market is falling cycle, and we all know that the price of bitcoin has broken through 20K at the end of last year, and the last four months are revisions to this price. This time HOLD is unwise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: