Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:59:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
Elkafi

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:30:32 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

I think if you are profesional , you can day trading. I personally prefer to hold, because I still believe the bitcoin will rise like in last year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:39:04 PM

its depends on your style.. if youre an investor your strategy really is HODL for long term but if youre a trader ofcourse youll trade when you already have profit and just buy again at dip

That's into something, some of the people here doesnt want so much earnings,  and at some point we have to convert our Bitcoin to be used for some point that emergency comes in,  HOLD is not actually that applicable, family is much important than holding your money to risk it to become in better state and refusing some unpredictable times where you have to  convert it and used for you own sake.

cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:52:14 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

Will thats good decision at your investment bro,that you still holding your portfolio,until its back into $20K,because patience is a virtue and  by doing HODL i know its hard and very complicated,because thats is a case to case basis decision,because there are two direction maybe happen into your portfolio when you hold ,either is loss  or gain profits.while in the other hands for me popularity of bitcoin is nothing been falling down even its pass into  many chaos  now,because its still continue to moving forward.

Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:04:02 PM

I think it is because many had problems with its volatility. Many are not holding because they fear that prices will just go dropping at a certain level where the ones are expecting gains are losing. Many outside factors are almost and always creating problems just like what we heard like banning, strict regulations, etc. There will be bright future if there will be good actual and constant usage of bitcoin.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
Jessy Mediola

Activity: 340

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:29:12 PM

Yes, but it is better than selling it. You will not get your loss when you sell it. Unlike hold, it may pissibly increased and back at those value before or more than it. Many investors are afraid to get more loss so they wanted to cut it than having a huge loss on there account. But it is a wrong way. Try to hold that and those losses will comeback.

DRIFE      Pre-sale: December 2018
████ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ████
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
JoshMart

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:15:54 PM

My take on this is Holding your coins actually depends on what you are planning to do, it is a strategy of every investor whether to hold or sell theoir coins at the time that they want. I think one of the reasons why not as much people are holding as before is because of the FUDs all over us, most of newbies are now impatient, or doubtful already about what the future holds, so some of them would just cut their losses and all, panic selling is another thing right now but they are not realizing that they are adding to the problem when they do that. Holding is still the best strategy for those who have strong hands especially in times when the market is dry, the only action that makes sense is to hold.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:18:20 PM

All those who believed in him continue to believe. Information in Google trends shows only the interest of new people. As in other markets, the trends have a wavy movement, you can see this by looking at the summer of 2017.

localcrypto

Activity: 287

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:30:21 PM

Yes Holding for long-term every time is every time works if u look at the present scenario we can see how the market is reacting towards news with no pump most of the crypto traders would have sold the coins in jan now they would have made at least 3 times of profit
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:34:51 PM

Out of all the things that has happen last year to the earlier months of this year up to now, I honestly think that this is completely a natural thing to happen since after the very huge corrections, a lot of people have suffered huge amounts of losses from their investments. Specially those people that have invested on the highs of bitcoins. But no worries, in time thing will be back to normal and the HODL word would be back up and famous again as the bullish season starts in this industry.
RuthaRubenstein

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:37:38 PM

The btcs itself is a word not to be relied upon too much. When it would change it course, it will leave you completely devastated.
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:42:32 PM

Your topic is more on trading or speculation. Its another idea on how he looks on the current market and the possible plan. If you agree to him are you that fully convinced with what he stated or you just followed him because of that. The popularity of bitcoin is not decreasing. It is only mot so much hype now so to expect in public they are in holding and without any word to hype or to post everywhere the price pump of it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:46:30 PM

its depends on your style.. if youre an investor your strategy really is HODL for long term but if youre a trader ofcourse youll trade when you already have profit and just buy again at dip

That's into something, some of the people here doesnt want so much earnings,  and at some point we have to convert our Bitcoin to be used for some point that emergency comes in,  HOLD is not actually that applicable, family is much important than holding your money to risk it to become in better state and refusing some unpredictable times where you have to  convert it and used for you own sake.

What is really important is that we quickly can used the crypto for emergency purposes. While hodling, we can still see its advantage as the answer to our emergency purposes. So, this is why this technology really has so many usage and can be trusted in any time.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:50:12 PM

Yes Holding for long-term every time is every time works if u look at the present scenario we can see how the market is reacting towards news with no pump most of the crypto traders would have sold the coins in jan now they would have made at least 3 times of profit

Those are the panic sellers who believe that bitcoin is a bubble and a small fall for them is like the end of the btc. Thus after some days when they look at the price btc price has moved up realizing they sold too early and as a result have incurred a loss which they could have made a good money easily by holding it.
frankybutterin

Activity: 242

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:01:04 PM

I agree with your opinion. hold strategy in my opinion is not so profitable for now. it's better now to trade. by taking advantage gradually from the state of the market. maybe people who invest long-term and less good at trading better do hold. hold and trade are equally at risk. so I think it's better to trade than just wait in a very long time.

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:03:37 PM

Holding is profitable in long term and that is proven. You and other users should also know when should they move. Volatility will not make you rich instantly nor will keep you rich because it will not stop moving.
It could make him rich fast if he just pick a nice thrash coin cause some of them making pumps like 500% and investing a big amount will pump his wallet to the moon but  that is the biggest risk to trust in  coin like that and invest not a small amount of money in it.

Kanda Yu

Activity: 315
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:03:46 PM

We all have different views about the hodl strategy. Some people may think that its dead or not effective anymore but for me, I still know that everthing that I am currently holding will be worth when the time comes that its price is good already. Patience will surely bring us more good things so let us just wait and keep on believing on the hodl strategy.
Andalusy

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:12:21 PM

most people are changing the way they invest from HODL to selling it now and taking the opportunity to buy at cheaper prices, now many people are starting to analyze bitcoin charts and most of those who have analyzed it can conclude that bitcoin will be downtren for now.
hsyncl

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 05:22:48 PM

I definitely see the opposite. I say for myself that if I had left my entire investment in any sub-code I entered, I would have become rich. But we panicked with ambition, we did not get out of the altcoins we entered in the time we always suffered from profit. It was absolutely necessary to continue to hold. Maybe with a few exceptions, I do not think you will follow the course otherwise ... I am not talking about a 1-week hold when I say that. If you wait for at least 2 or 3 months to hold, believe that you will be in very different places ...

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:35:44 PM

I definitely agree but it say that bitcoin is not for a month only it is for a year for me it day that it Say's that it can make money true tears when you just follow the rules of it's own. To know what it want to creates it own way to earn money. And Ibthink that's the great Idea of making money through this business.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
eucliffe

Activity: 203

Was that was it was?

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:42:23 PM

Never trust everything you see in the internet, there are lots of people who got rich here just by holding and truth be told no one ever said that you'll be rich by holding your Bitcoin, you need to be wise about it, know when to sell and to hold, if you have time kindly check the graph of Bitcoin's value in the past years, you'll realize why the hold strategy were created.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: