Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:26:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:47:54 PM

I bought some cryptocurrencies 8 months ago. Part of the coins now shows a profit of 100%, some have the same value, part fell in price 2 times. I believe with confidence that the best strategy now is to buy and keep from 2 weeks to 2 months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ganate5

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:50:27 PM

If everybody uses the HODL strategy, without buying anything, the value can drop indefinitely (see 2014-2016).You need some portion of the transaction volume to be actual economic activity (buying goods or services) for Bitcoin to have any value.
viyumztf

Activity: 162

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:58:12 PM

The HODL strategy is valuable, and his analysis of HODL may be just about the rapid fall of the bitcoin of the last few months, and if it can be seen longer, the value of the HODL is huge. Of course you have to hold the mainstream coins.
TN0904950

Activity: 117

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:15:25 PM

For the past few months, the HOLD strategy is not applicable because the market is falling cycle, and we all know that the price of bitcoin has broken through 20K at the end of last year, and the last four months are revisions to this price. This time HOLD is unwise.

I think of course a long as we will continue to because we know the usual tendency bitcoin and I hope the newcomers to follow this .. this will not last a long time, will make it very strong and .. in the future will reply to you. you know this strategy not for the user's new in this also for the people who bring a high in December because they really miss trust bitcoin and
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:21:49 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
We should all know that as time passes by where bitcoin's value goes down, those faithul holders will soon be gone knowing that their hopes are vanishing away due to the unending crisis in the market as of the moment. We may loose plenty of them but there will still be some left who will be holding up until in the potential end of bitcoin and will keep on believing on it no matter what.

bitadviser

Activity: 203
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:39:34 PM

It is still actual, for instance, i keep my value over the year, and even in bad times when was the big recession i had good result, so, if u dont need fast money it is still win strategy.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 03:53:52 PM

It is still actual, for instance, i keep my value over the year, and even in bad times when was the big recession i had good result, so, if u dont need fast money it is still win strategy.

HODLing coins is an actual strategy and is used for long term trading or investment where large profits can be accumulated over a long period of holding. Although, I think the author was referring to a certain survey about people who es still engaging in hodling strategy and it was found out that less and less people participates in this due to the fact that the market price volume is going down. Though, if that is the case, then that is the time where we need to hodl for a little longer since selling will only lead to loss.
Andalusy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

The main reason you might see these kind of trend reversals is because most of the people have take a loan or purchase with credits and when the market started correcting they started selling off their coins to counter the burden they took in the form of risks and that might be the reason, most of the early users will be using the long hold strategy only.
dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:27:28 PM

Now this is the only strategy which should be adhered to, because we want not to support the panic and get rid of it
pantheraio

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:56:28 PM

In holding bitcoin it takes patience and high confidence. If we just think about getting a profit in a short period of time, then do not buy or hold bitcoin because you will not fit and just throw away your money.
LynielZbl

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:47:28 PM

People have grown smarter they have begin to realize that just holding out in every dip isn't always a smart choice. Instead you must be efficient enough to sell when the price is upwards and buy back when the price goes into a dip. This way you will not only be able to save your money but will also be able to earn something out of the market. Just holding and seeing your money going down isnt a wise choice.
CoolSkeleton

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:23:20 PM

I think that holding is not the best idea nowadays. There are so much now tokens and ICOs which are failing and loosing their prices.
cryptoyosh

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:30:32 PM

you can investigate ICO and crypto research with www.crypto-compass.io that is displaying ICO projects at presale stage with good entries. They don’t pool but agree on exclusivity directly with the ICO team. So no additional risk from the investor side.

their new ANN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3178063.new#new    Grin Grin
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:31:53 PM

I think that holding is not the best idea nowadays. There are so much now tokens and ICOs which are failing and loosing their prices.
Can you look OP? he ask not about ICO or token price but he ask about bitcoin price in the future.

Hodl bitcoin and hodl token are very different, it's too risky to decide hodl token in the long term. But for hodl bitcoin will always make you believe that the price of bitcoin will high in the future.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:34:18 PM

In real life, those who are doing short term trade or day trading were earning much higher than those who are doing holding, holding was just for those people who don't have really time to do even basic trading so it is still good compare if you are not even holding a single sum of it.

Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:45:34 PM

as time goes by, I don't feel that HOLD is an effective way, my life needs keep expanding and whether I will continue to hold my coins!
I'm trying to find an effective way by trying other things like trading, investing in ICO and even learning to mine, and slowly I have started to gain experience and profit from the new things that I try it...

apolonio

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:54:10 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
Holding is useless if you are the only one holding or only few holds but plenty is selling their coins. You cant prevent bitcoin value to fall. We cant control or force anyone to hold their bitcoin, becuase they dont want loose more.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 07:57:12 PM

hodl isnt strategy but for me i lose more than 75 % of my amount that i had from january and even more if we count earning so i cant sell for 1/4 i just hodl to recover my moeny then i will sell and leave

Free palestine
SirEGB

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:03:18 PM

Value is created by the destruction of registered value through burning energy to create fungible value. This value is inherent due to its utility for primarily regulatory arbitrage. People speculating doesn't effect bitcoins inherent utility in a negative manner and actually helps find price which is important for any currency.
yangdd

Activity: 144

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:04:11 PM

I am sure that the HODL strategy is the most winning! During last year everyone got used to the phenomenal growth of bitcoin and is waiting for the same results now. There will be growth, but not immediately.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: