Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:30:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
meatballsset

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:44:27 PM

Every bitcoin investor or trader has an individual strategy for business. Some follow long term holding business and some follow short term holding business. If you gain profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:36:16 AM

It is true, but the main reason is to hold. I don't think that the price will goes lower than 5.000. Because it can the crash of the crypto. Looking for population in the world it can't be true for near future.
Legwist

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:14:38 AM

Today's hold strategy can not create as high a profit as it did in the past. If you have money then you can invest in low price and you hold then sell at very high price, it is good to hold your bitcoin at this moment.
localcrypto

Activity: 287

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:31:27 AM

Hodl strategy works in actual bull market but nt in bear market if we buy in bull market and hodl in bear market we will be in loss and need to hodl for more time so crypto is tricky concept need to learn as per the experiences
Wend

Activity: 1386
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:04:40 PM

I think people have been dormant this past few months ever since the start of the bear market, I guess the sudden decrease of popularity is because people are now more aware about BTC and cryptocurrency and they have settled in waiting for the right time of BTC to shine again.
Waiting for the bitcoin will rise again to reach the price of $20k maybe in the month of december was going to started increasing the price. So holding bitcoin was better way than to sell it in a low price of bitcoin and not to wait on when be recover.

balamuda

Activity: 318

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:08:52 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin

I am still holding and I will keep it despite a lot of negative news at the moment. I do not expect losses for selling at low prices, I would rather stick to my stance holding bitcoin that I have.
SkustaClee

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
There are many investors who used HODL strategy that leads to them to become successful. If you will observe the price of the bitcoin, you will find out that its price is continuing to rise up as time passing by.
spartaka

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 02:49:19 PM

I think in case of BTC this strategy will still work. But in case of alt coins, it is better to make some targets and reduce the possible loss.
langaw2018
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:05:53 PM

For me , we cannot see that too early the btc is still flactuating from high and low and that is normal in digital marketing. HODL is one of the best strategy but its up to the owner how he/ she manage it .
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:06:13 PM

I think HODL is not really actual, making your own business with the help of your savings, and hoarding for the longest time your savings may be in troubled since we should expect for this forum to become volatile since it was part of its features. Volatility is present and it was continuously moving, using your existing Bitcoins can be actually a safe move not for you to lose more of it.
yahamidu

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:37:18 PM

I think Hold Strategy is still relevant today. It all depends on the time in which you intend to hold your coin. Many users want to get on with this strategy in no time. This is very rare. I combine trade by holding. I like both, trading and holding.
validavi

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:22:24 PM

its depends on your style.. if youre an investor your strategy really is HODL for long term but if youre a trader ofcourse youll trade when you already have profit and just buy again at dip

This is completely true, every investor should invest according to own risk levels and needs. Copying others can cause problem.
checkmatesir

Activity: 584

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:39:57 PM

Of course, it is not relevant, almost all passing ICO are the mice that collect money and disappear forever. Today it is hard to find a team and a project that can be trusted.
But I do not think that there is any confusion about bitcoin market. Investors are too much confident about bitcoin price that it is price is going to increase too much in near future and that is the reason that most of the investors are holding their bitcoin and not going to sell it.

kalawang

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 04:55:33 PM

Summoning all holders here this I wht we waiting for this august will be the start of bull market see the chrt it is full of hope for us. We can do a lot of more. More profit to cone of cryptocurrency. The first thing I think that they can do a lot of cryptocurrency or other information that we have been able,
Kingjagat

Activity: 122

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:24:35 PM

you can investigate ICO and crypto research with www.crypto-compass.io that is displaying ICO projects at presale stage with good entries. They don’t pool but agree on exclusivity directly with the ICO team. So no additional risk from the investor side.

their new ANN : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3178063.new#new    Grin Grin

I think it's very difficult to say convincingly and convince which approach is better and which is worse. Personally, I think trading is a faster way to see if you're doing something wrong and then making changes to your investment decisions.
When you trade blindly, you will soon realize that you are doing something wrong, you do not have to wait like a few years before you understand that your strategy is not working. You should not blind yourself. But if you are, then there is no strategy that will bring you a profit, no trade or hold.
jakoylantern

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 06:26:19 PM

For me, it's just a strategy to gain or earn money by holding your bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. But it depends on the person who he/she will manage it, even your are holding a bitcoin, or some cryptos manage to sell your cryptos to gain a little amount of money if you want to earn continuously. We all know that their a vast percentage that bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies value may fall because its decentralized and no one can control it. I think that the strategy of holding is perfect for those people that have another source of income because they don’t really focus on the cryptos price. Also, sell try to a little volume of your cryptocurrency if you want a small amount of profit when the cryptos price increases a little bit.  Smiley
snkneo

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:30:44 AM

It used to be popular, the reason why it's not popular anymore is not because people don't believe in Bitcoin, but rather because the price went up too fast, and then crashed.
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 09:40:05 AM

I think, do what real investors do, never get tired of waiting. Hodl is not really executed at the moment ... probably because most new investors cannot handle the pressure, especially those investing an amount they can not get rid of. Thoughts and speculation make us afraid that we might lose it all. I think it's just about patience because without it we can not enjoy riding a rollercoaster into a bitcoiner.

I support your position, real players do not give up and continue to play. Therefore, it is worth keeping on and on. After the fall is always an increase.
kive2k

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:21:04 AM

I no longer adhere to this tactic, it was relevant a year ago but not now, the market has changed a bit and now we need a new approach.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:43:07 AM

If you are investors this is not a good strategies because it is not profited but someone is thinking the investment about the lost and instead of selling they HODL and waiting for the miracle. I think you need to check every hours if your holding is continuously downward of upward to maintain a big profit or to prevent a big loss.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: