Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The HODL strategy is not actual  (Read 4069 times)
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:14:34 AM

at this time, holding bitcoin to wait for price back up to 20.000 usd is not actual. it is very difficult for bitcoin prices to rise again to that level because the decline is more than 50 percent. so we'd better sell the asset when it gains and buy back the asset when the price goes down.
to trade as you explain, i do not think it's easy. i think it depends on the trading system that each person uses. which is convenient for us that we use. of course all that there is risk

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Renai0925

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 06:21:06 AM

I think people who sell their bitcoins are trying to sell them while its high so they can buy low after. Or they just caved in and gave in to the FUD revolving around cryptos. I'm also continuing to HODL my coins and waiting for the latter part of this year to make a decision.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Siakol

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 07:16:18 AM

I think people have been dormant this past few months ever since the start of the bear market, I guess the sudden decrease of popularity is because people are now more aware about BTC and cryptocurrency and they have settled in waiting for the right time of BTC to shine again.

The activity of investors towards cryptocurrency is just like a chain reaction, some of the people will still hold their coins because the market price is decreasing but for those who cannot take the pressure then they will just sell their coins at its lowest price which will leads for the prices in the market to dump.

This is not just the tendency of investors towards cryptocurrencies. It is the attitude of investors to most asset classes. The term "herd mentality" existed long before cryptocurrencies came in.
You just have to think about all the investors piling in close to the peak of an equity rally....

Panic selling is not a good strategy for the investors or to those people who have not enough funds in their wallets, Hold strategy is good for some instance like if the coin or token has potential it should be keep, if not then it should be sold.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:01:54 PM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
I suppose that you have chosen in the non proper tokens to hold,  this is the most obvious and swear that we can say. Because I hold some of tokens that are constantly growing and I am having a profit from them, selling them by parts.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
kiboloves

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 04:10:24 PM

I think the HODL strategy is relative, and HODL is very correct at a fast rise, but in a bear market, HODL may not be exactly right, especially some altcoin, and long holding may let you lose everything.
IGP50

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:57:54 PM

How can every person decide to hodl their coins and expect transactions to take place. I think we hodl for some time and sell so as to keep the market busy. I advice you hodl for a period and sell when the need arises.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:12:54 PM

hodling is a strategy for those who have no time to check the market they intended to leave their investments for a long period of time its a less stressful way than trading where you have to check the market from time to time to avoid risk and reap the rewards its more profitable than hodling coins but a lot risk is in the line.
Shame_Game

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:17:23 PM

Disagree. In the future, the next 2-3 years, this is a very relevant strategy. It can be further improved by buying a certain amount of cryptocurrency every month. This will allow you to get the best price for each coin.
painting_money

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:34:14 PM

Speaking bad is not right. If you do not have much time to invest you can buy at low prices and keep them in the long run you will also make a profit.
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:31:47 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2018, 11:42:13 PM by Sand King

There is no need to argue that the hold strategy is not relevant, because each trader has his own methods and his strategies, which he uses to make a profit. It all depends on the coins that you hold.
I dont agree that hold strategy is not actual because holding strategy is still effective especially when the market is red and for me holding our bitcoin is very effective because i still believe that the future price of bitcoin can pump again to $20k and it also has a chance to pump up to $25k

gandhe83

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:55:57 AM

There is no need to argue that the hold strategy is not relevant, because each trader has his own methods and his strategies, which he uses to make a profit. It all depends on the coins that you hold.
I dont agree that hold strategy is not actual because holding strategy is still effective especially when the market is red and for me holding our bitcoin is very effective because i still believe that the future price of bitcoin can pump again to $20k and it also has a chance to pump up to $25k
My point. Holding strategy is only for homeowners, depositing assets under many finance groups. They are not intensive and not afraid of losing. When the price can sell or leave because they have many different sources. Holding strategy is up to the investor. I think so.
ngamuk tok

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:02:35 AM

In this game, the people who earn is a minority, many people in the digital encryption money market did not earn money, some people are still losing money! So most people choose hodl!

They have no choice but HODL!
really for now I think that's the best choice.
HODL waits until bear market ends, and everything returns to normal. and it takes patience.
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:05:44 AM

In my opinion, strategy is the best strategy we should do with the market today, I believe the market will rebound later this year. And now is the time we buy and hold.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
sp01_cardo

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:14:50 AM

i think it's better cut loss and wait for price below again then we buy back, so there will be transaction in btc, and i think the price will not be this bad. if many people only hold btc so  market circulation will decrease
Many done the strategy of cutting losses. The fall of bitcoin price will not be happened if all will hold their bitcoin. Just because a sudden fall a little in btc value many sold their btc that cause btc value to fall continuously. So many now wait until btc value stops to go down then it is the time again to buy. They like to duoble up their holding for the future.

▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram    Twitter    Medium    Reddit    Youtube
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
kinamotorami

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:29:16 AM

The strategy holds only in times of market turmoil, as today, the market is constantly falling, so the hold is necessary. We sell coin now would be a bad time.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:31:41 AM

i think it's better cut loss and wait for price below again then we buy back, so there will be transaction in btc, and i think the price will not be this bad. if many people only hold btc so  market circulation will decrease
Many done the strategy of cutting losses. The fall of bitcoin price will not be happened if all will hold their bitcoin. Just because a sudden fall a little in btc value many sold their btc that cause btc value to fall continuously. So many now wait until btc value stops to go down then it is the time again to buy. They like to duoble up their holding for the future.
in holding the asset, it also has a prediction. we can not just hold the coins we have in a long time, because when we do not keep up with the coins, it could be a scam, and end up with a loss. holding back also need to think about the next step.
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:03:28 AM

Those who're saying there's more dips to come are the ones sitting with some Tether to pounce on coins when people panic sell after looking at their comments. Don't get fooled by these idiots, dip is over. ETF is coming soon, so make your decision wisely. Don't follow these idiots spreading FUD around
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:38:59 AM

Those who're saying there's more dips to come are the ones sitting with some Tether to pounce on coins when people panic sell after looking at their comments. Don't get fooled by these idiots, dip is over. ETF is coming soon, so make your decision wisely. Don't follow these idiots spreading FUD around

Now we do not think any dips may come only some $ here and their rest we should be seeing some green zone in coming days. Also people who have being buying form 6k are the ones who will keep lot of money with them as profits will be rising as the price shoots up now.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:47:03 AM

This morning I saw an article where a guy made a simple calculation through Google trends about HODL strategy, and it showed that call to HODL used less and less from February of 2018. Popularity of word Bitcoin and crypto currency is also falling down.
Why it is so? Do not people believe in Bitcoin and it's bright future anymore?
No matter on such tend I am going to HODL my founds till bitcoin will not come back to 20k$ Grin
The HODL strategy is only effective to the coins that have potential in the market. Before you hold a coin, try to identify first if the coin that you have is promising or not. The HODL strategy is not good for shitcoins.
zhanyiguai261315

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:56:00 PM

In the cryptocurrency transaction, everyone has their own trading strategy!
Their strategy is related to their financial status, the rich prefer long-term trading, and the poor like day trading!
There are no good or bad trading strategies, and trading that makes money is good!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: