Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:54:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we really need to hold altcoins  (Read 2320 times)
Biasaae

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:56:36 PM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

I do not believe it will continue that way. Bitcoin market capitalization is huge, and we need Altcoin to bring this industry to life.
Some new projects are really created for the long term, and it certainly starts from scratch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
4garret

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 07:09:03 PM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

Maybe we should look at it, or at least imagine how all Altcoin, especially the famous Altcoin get support. Of course we need Altcoin, because if not, then Bitcoin will not be more interesting from now on. And by the way, by percentage growth, I even bet Ripple over Bitcoin for the next 3-5 years.
ukstar

Activity: 436
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:53:13 AM
Merited by Luckym7 (1)

If your altcoin price is low at the moment, you can hold it and wait for the time when the price will rise up. Then you can earn a big profit from it. But if the price is profitable you can invest. I would prefer to hold some tokens to earn big profit. Holding your coins is a work of real patients.You must do it if you want to make a great amount of real profit.
Zack Lee

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:07:29 AM

I think it is because I know now that altcoin prices have decreased and so now I think now is the right time to hold altcoin and wait for all the new stable returns I sell my altcoin and can benefit, otherwise I will not get what's what

dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 08:10:48 AM

some people have a faith with altcoin which they believe. because it have a good concept and strong community. and with this condition market right now , the safest way to survive are just Hold your asset. because FUD are still exist on this years.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
FreddySelvig

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:11:14 AM

The altcoins have a much higher volatility, although they depend on Bitcoin. Bitcoin last year brought x17, at the same time Ethereum gave its investors x100-200. So think, is it worth holding altcoins or not Smiley
Stioned1987

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:11:42 AM

As for me retaining altcoin has a biggest return investment. For me base at the file altcoin can still come up with more than 500% go back income. Even BTC has fall. that is powerful for people whose aim is long term goal.
CriptoNata

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:12:08 AM

Indeed, the market is not in a better position now. Therefore, it makes no sense to sell coins, because soon there will be a large increase
Chacon994

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:13:34 AM

Alt  is very Good Investment, so it is good to hold
altcoin has the future. A lot of altcoins can develop like bitcoin, and now I'm buying a lot of altcoins, I hope that in the future all the altcoin that I have bought is of high value
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:13:46 AM

With the current situation of the market people who bought the coin at a high price should wait and hold the coin until the price of coins starts increasing. There are many people who bought the altcoin at the high price and which they cannot sell them at the current value. So it is good to hold the coin until the market starts recovering.
txsignatoire

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:17:08 AM

Now the market is so big volatility that I would definitely not sell. If you have money, on the contrary you can buy a little more, and wait for growth. Someday it will happen anyway.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:25:25 AM

From the thousands of coins and tokens that exists, probably 5-10 that are usable for a specific reason and no, CoinMarketCap is not an indicator of how useful a coin is. For example, Bitcoin is a must to hold while BitcoinCash is simply a shitty fork regardless of its current price. Ripple is centralized and It's unlikely to go anywhere in the near future and so on..
True. There are very few coins in the market that hold real world applications and solve real world problems. Most of the coins in the market serve the same purpose and aren’t unique. But there are some coins such as NEO, ONT, XRP, IOTA, etc that hold some great technologies and solve real world problems.

XRP solves banking problem by providing speedy transactions with less fees, ONT aims at linking real world information to blockchain technology to store it and provide security and privacy and so on.
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:27:36 AM

Holding for long term is one of the best strategies to get big profit. Personally I'm holding NEO 1 year and for this time its price was increased x150 times (now x30-x50)

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:33:41 AM

Not hodling altcoins in addition to bitcoin is analogous to taking one's meal without taking water to push it down. That's the way I see this. Yes, quite alright altcoins rely on bitcoin to push or recline on price. But that doesn't mean one can't hit it big just hodling altcoins. Most altcoins have been known to have even given more dividends than Bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:43:23 AM

I am persuaded that all the alternative cryptocurrencies are different, so definitely there are some that would be worthy of holding, and also there are some that would be non worthy.

haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:48:08 AM

I think you should hold both. Altcoin also has the potential to profit us if we know the right choice. Bitcoin is still a top priority.
wulian18

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:49:41 AM

If you do not hold, then you will always be a small person. There will be no big rewards. This is a lot of people's experience, and most people would say so. So listen to everyone.
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:51:29 AM

I am persuaded that all the alternative cryptocurrencies are different, so definitely there are some that would be worthy of holding, and also there are some that would be non worthy.

All altcoins are have differences, such as their platforms giving help to others by blockchain technology.
There are many altcoins in crypto world and yes there are worthy coin and some of them would be non worthy.

fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:54:36 AM

Yes. Holding the altcoins is one of our strategy to cultivate the desires profit when the price goes up. Without holding strategy we cannot go so far to achieve the success. To hold is part of our living in crypto.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:55:20 AM

Well ,

ETH @ 350 USD on August 2017

---- HOLDING ------

ETH @ 800 USD on October 2017

----- HOLDING -----

ETH @ 1200 USD on December 2017

----- HOLDING ------

Profits

Yes off course holding is very much important. We can always use this process to gain profits and its best worked out method ever.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆