Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:07:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we really need to hold altcoins  (Read 2320 times)
Cynooza

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:52:54 PM

I don't think all altcoins are suitable for holding. I bought some alts just because they were had a great hype potential and were acclaimed by Reddit users. When I buy something for holding, I truly believe in the project and want it to come true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 10:54:53 PM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

I think it is better to hodl altcoins
And hodl our profits in fiat; this way we get to secure our profits

Hodling altcoin is best but you need to monitor the market closely so you can be aware when there’s a pump and you are available to pick your profit at the most crucial time
QueenW

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:58:16 PM

I think that you need not only to keep your crypto-currencies, but even to buy a cave, while the market is in a drawdown. The growth potential in this sphere is huge! And remember, you need to buy when all the others are selling)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
gurupauts

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

DISRUPTING THE $23.5 B SCIENCE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:05:16 PM

I think if you want to get a profit then you have to hold it and altcoin will definitely have a higher price again when bitcoin prices will also increase, so you should hold and be patient

alimarh

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:12:11 PM

Yeah for sure, it is very good to hold some altcoins, the good altcoins, you also need to have some patience then when the price moons, you will be sure to be made already so always hold your good coins, don't sell too quick.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:12:33 PM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

Yes, that was the negative side to HOLD altcoin, but if we didn't HOLD any alts we still didn't get profit from any coin right ? That's why cryptocurrencies trading is high-risk investment. Just HOLD on altcoins that you think it has the potency to grow up, or just make a target on it.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:13:57 PM

I think if you want to get a profit then you have to hold it and altcoin will definitely have a higher price again when bitcoin prices will also increase, so you should hold and be patient
It's more profitable to hold them both,bitcoins and altcoins because they will surely grow in time.I believe there are really some good potential altcoins out there,we just have to be more cautious in choosing which coin to invest so that we will not waste our time in holding shitcoins,just those real potential coins.
ThomasV80

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:18:30 PM

in my opinion, the decision to hold bitcoin or altcoin depends on the project. especially altcoin, the development of a project of altcoin greatly affects the value of the altcoin of the project. so, traders typically choose altcoin with projects that have good development programs and solid cooperation.
Quincy01

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:19:18 PM

In my own opinion about this question, I think it is wise to hold altcoins despite the fact that altcoins rely mainly on Bitcoin, It should be held as well besides altcoins can add a huge value to your income and increase your profit whenever there is an increase or change in the price raise. In as much as the cryptocurrency is involved, one will always need to have altcoins to make the system keep running while there is a standstill or deep in Bitcoin.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:20:44 PM

There are some altcoins are really profitable to hodl for long term not just only bitcoin but most altcoins are depending on bitcoin's price. Some of altcoins have good potential that's what people are hodling their coins but you have to be wise enough on how to manage your altcoins or else you will lose some of it.

ApemQ

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:21:51 PM

yes HOLD is the best choice for now, when you HOLD your crypto then you have patience, for patience is the key to success in the world of crypto, especially nowadays that almost all crypto experience a very low price decline.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:24:22 PM

Holding bitcoin is true bright idea's to make earning in the future for long term hold of course people first choice to invest into bitcoin as number one strong digotal crypto currency , but most of the people holding both as investment because people believe both are profitable and both are useful for the crypto trade to earn profits.
Badhuamin

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:28:17 PM

for myself I still hold the Altcoin that I have, I will hold it in time tang long enough because this year the development of crypto is very slow and not as stable, hoping to be back setabil in the coming year.
childish

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:28:30 PM

probably 5-10 that are usable for a specific reason
I'd say it's even less than that.  Bitcoin itself barely gets used for anything that resembles real commerce.

ETH?  Never owned it, and I'm not sure what it's good for other than ICOs
LTC?   It's always been silver to bitcoin's gold, but does anyone really spend it?  Doubt it.
DOGE?  Nope.  Nobody spends it and very few places take it, and you can't earn it.

And there are a whole bunch of similar coins of varying popularity.  What they all have in common is that people buy and sell them for the sake of doing so, and they serve no economic purpose.

No, you don't need to hold altcoins unless you want to be one of the cool kids.
with Altcoin's ability to continue to grow rapidly when we hold it would be great for the future to be much better in the future. because for the future the coin can be affected by the current development of coins. such as supporting him holding a coin will be able to improve the development of existing coins.

IGNation

Activity: 91

★Adconity.com★

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:31:10 PM

Probably, since bitcoin is the most used cryptocurrency it is the one we use to buy altcoins it is more likely to affect the price of altcoins but it doesn't mean that it is better holding btc than altcoins, e.g. there will be a high pump on a certain coin and bitcoin is stable for this reason you take advantage of holding an altcoin rather than bitcoin.

izay

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:33:10 PM

Holding bitcoin or any altcoins is not a must. Its up to you if you want to hold them. Some got lucky who buy altcoins in its lowest price and hold it for a year and got profited a lot. Engaging in crypto industry is really risky and unpredictable. But holding bitcoin is good. Bitcoin price goes up and down and on it if you know some trading techniques you will gain.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:41:53 PM

I do not agree with his opinion, because in fact, in the crypto market there are still some altcoins that have good growth and are not dependent on bitcoin.

so, i think hold bitcoin and hold some altcoin that is not dependent on bitcoin, like odem, ADA, and also INS is good choice.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:49:02 PM

Altcoins have far more potential for growth in a shorter time compared to BTC. Meaning, earning double or more of our investment in altcoins is more possible period than it is with BTC. BTC is a sure thing. But you will need some patience if you wanna earn a reasonable profit because of its high price. Choose your alts wisely and you won't be sorry.

orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:56:34 PM

Why do you think not to hold altcoin? According to information I learned, the altcoin began to be valuable. They are recovering while the bitcoins are slowly falling. The altcoin such as HIRE, ZCL, BRD, NEO and GAS are interested.
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:04:58 AM

Yes,I'm also doing this.The current price is hopeless for crypto holders.So hold is better now.Not only Btc but also altcoins need to hold.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: