Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:37:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we really need to hold altcoins  (Read 2320 times)
Gimblaz

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:38:34 PM

it depends on the coin you invested when the position has been gotten for why not sell it or the situation is otherwise better do not try to sell your coin loss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:42:53 PM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

It maybe much ideal to hold bitcoin for long term but there are also altcoins that are also good for long term investments like ethereum, litecoin and monero. The rest maybe promising at first but cannot survive for a long run. And altcoins are much cheaper than bitcoin just be extra careful on what altcoin you are buying to.
Oldman53

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 02:53:11 PM

Someone told me it is better to hold btc rather than altcoins that she doesn't see any reason why people hold altcoin. She noticed altcoins rely heavily on btc that whenever btc fall they also fall with btc. What is your take on this?

You should hold % in BTC from ur total portfolio for sure. Why ppl holding alts? Sometimes alts can give u more profit than BTC, but its very very risky.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:06:57 PM

I agree with the comments above because if we keep altcoin long-term, we will face a double hole. Most of altcoins are affected by bitcoin. If keep altcoin the decline would be greater than keeping bitcoin. So if we invest long - term , we should keep bitcoin

Make me great again
thetruth123123

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:16:57 PM

In my opinion it depends on the time that you want to hold them, bitcoin is good to hold for years and some of the altcoins are good to hold for half year and then sell.
saadat6868

Activity: 179

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:27:30 PM

This is one of the most secure investment to hold your funds into Bitcoin. So if you believe in that, you can always go for it. But also, for those who don't believe in Bitcoin you can diversifie your investments Smiley
Lala Sravan

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:30:38 PM

Yes you need to told your Altcoin, do you want to sell them on loss. Presently cryptocurrency market going Red. This is the time to buy not to sell.
Pa1n

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:33:53 PM

Holding is only solution for me. I cant sell anything. Look at the prices. We are in loss situation already. Good luck to everyone.

pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:40:01 PM

Well I wold say that don't believe what other people say. I would suggest you to do what you want and not to follow somebody else.
If you think Bitcoin is a better investment than any altcoins then invest in it and if you altcoins give out better returns than Bitcoin then you should definitely invest in altcoins. The crypto market is volatile , this results in various situations where BTC goes up and altcoins goes down and vice versa and sometimes both goes in same direction. So you should only in the coins you believe will give you better returns. My potential coins are BTC,  ETH and EOS.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:42:24 PM

Some altcoins are just exceptional, that no matter how btc falls, they may not fall alongside btc. They seems to be independent of the fall of btc. An example of such coin is MTC. There are some others that also behave the same way. I hold altcoins and i have benefitted from it.
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:47:05 PM

Bitcoin is the greatest coin. Not only it is the first of its kind, high profitability, but it has most of people's support. So it is better to hold Bitcoin than any other coin. However, diversification is a must for a great investor. You must never place all your eggs in a single basket so that whatever happens you have backup. People will never force you to hold altcoins nor Bitcoin. It will be your decision. Regardless of what you hold, just be sure that you hold coin or token that will give you your desired gains.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
credobit

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:53:20 PM

I sell a token when I see that the sale price is much more than the price for ICO. Also I thought that Bitcoin is a reliable and long-term investment but its rate in the last time fell to 6000.
kworrom

Activity: 714
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:54:53 PM

Well, of course) My opinion is that we have to use any opportunities to earn money. And no matter what crypto currency tops your wallet) That's the truth of life.
wirosableng

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:06:09 PM

Some altcoins are just exceptional, that no matter how btc falls, they may not fall alongside btc. They seems to be independent of the fall of btc. An example of such coin is MTC. There are some others that also behave the same way. I hold altcoins and i have benefitted from it.
if you want to hold some altcoin is okay,
but there are some risks that you will face later,
believe me bitcoin will improve
Vova.vova

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:23:06 PM

Hi guys!I have found one  of the most promising projects of 2018 called Cryptics! I'm 100% in his success! Don't miss the opportunity to be here,especially now is only the beginning of a great journey! Moreover, they will have a giveaway and A SUPER PRIZE – Lamborghini Huracan!!!What do you think about this? Check it out!
liqidoxgen

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:37:33 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2019, 08:13:53 PM by liqidoxgen

With any investment, it is important to diversify.
asdn192zhhhh

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 08:04:10 AM

withhold or not altcoin that we have. it depends on the circumstances of the situation merket gan. if I had an altcoin I would have kept it. because now the price is already improving. but according to the news I read .in June the altcoin price is likely to be much more expensive when compared to the current price ..
katiecbell

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:57:24 AM

According to me, diversifying your investment is the best thing to do in current market situation. It’s good to keep 40% of your investment in bitcoin and divide the rest 60% into number of altcoins. Investing in a single coin can prove risky and you might experience severe loss.

Bitcoin is less volatile when compared to altcoins, but in terms of profit, altcoins can give much more profit than BTC, therefore having both in your portfolio is recommended.
Freddy63

Activity: 434

SESSIA

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 11:59:20 AM

You have to tae decision by yourself. BTC is more stable , but with alts you can gain more as it more volatile.
Buy and hold what is more appropriate to your strategy

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
sergocop

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:11:38 PM

Good day to all. Everyone thinks differently, but I'd rather keep altcoyins. So it is more profitable. Buy less popular tokens and leave for 3-4 years on your wallet. Then it remains to go to the purse and rejoice. Good luck everyone
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: