Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:22:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things?  (Read 1749 times)
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 12:50:18 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
I keep myself from spending unimportant things by just keeping my money either in my cryptocurrency wallet or I will just bring something like it is enough for what I intended to bu. For example I want to buy something at the range of $40 then I will just bring $50 for me to avoid over spending. I need to be thrifty because I have priorities that is why I need to keep myself from spending unimportant things. Here in my local vicinity I can see people suffering from poverty and based on my observation they spend the small amount of money they got from a side line job into like a party, I mean they celebrate every little success they got that is why they are still struggling in financial problems. I am also suffering from poverty but I spent my money wisely because  it is too hard to earn money nowadays but the sad thing is that, it is easy to spend.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
angelinedelatorre

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 01:39:25 PM

I also experience that many times. I cannot resist to buy the things that I like even it not really important. But it can make me happy so I will still buy it. We work hard to earn and to buy what we want. Just share your blessings to others and more blessings will come to you. It is not really big problem it just money we can still get it.
MonaLeeTracy

Activity: 1092
Merit: 269

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:43:19 PM

focus on investment. and put all the money into the investment, so we don't take it for things that are not important. if we keep it in the bank, it will just run out in the near future.
in fact it goes back to our own, if we can control all what we want, it will surely be successful, as long as there is kemauang from within dirikita
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:48:53 PM

I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

It's important that you give yourself a realistic expectation. If you dont you'll continue to break it and have the "what the hell attitude". Because once you fail to maintain your daily allowance goal, you'll be more inclined to spend. Self control isnt easy it's a learned skill! For me it's convincing myself that some of my money dont exist and i save that money.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
airdrophunter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:09:54 PM

I have been into situation where i am really enticed to sell my cryptocurrency especially when the price is already high. But since i am not yet convinced that it's not the highest price of that crypto yet, so i decided to just hold it for a while. As to the case of spending on unimportant things, i just never check my portfolio most of the time.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:28:15 PM

Super familiar, when times that happens no matter how hard I tried to avoid it in the end I am going home with that unnecessary thing. Now I am trying not to be tempted to go somewhere else, so after work I make sure I will go home directly with that I am helping my self not to make such expenses. And hopefully I can do it for a long period of time. Hoping.
ajeef

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:54:40 PM

There is just tons of unimportant informations today that is true. If you are trying to trade focus on one crypto at the time, stick with it for one month and try to study it. For example bitcoin, trade btc/usd and focus on when it drops,goes up,how it reacts on some news things like that.
Snappycoco

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:08:33 PM

Its not just you sir but me myself experienced it also. It was hard to control yourself whenever you havr the capability to buy something you like. Its just like our nature as a human being. Lol.
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:11:43 PM

Yes everybody has that experienced. I am trying not to buy things which are not in budget but due to our likes we can buy things which are not really our needs. But there is only one thing to do in order to avoid this situation do not go out or do not shop if there is no need to in order not to see things that can catch our attention.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Yes everybody has that experienced. I am trying not to buy things which are not in budget but due to our likes we can buy things which are not really our needs. But there is only one thing to do in order to avoid this situation do not go out or do not shop if there is no need to in order not to see things that can catch our attention.
But still i think that would be inevitable.Shopping gives us a little excitement especially if we can see all our favorite items within the store.For me,even i am a fanatic in shopping,i used to go out with a list of important things to buy with its corresponding budget.Although there are times that i was tempted,but i know with self-discipline,i will never spend too much on unimportant things.

Lodipetmalu

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:42:05 PM

There were no reasons why sometimes we always spent on uncessary or not important things. It seems that it was normal for us to do it that make us happy on simple things.
resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:46:07 PM

I think the best thing to do is to stay away from malls because even though it is not in your plan it may trigger you to buy stuffs whether an important it not.
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 04:06:25 PM

Well sometimes i always buy things that i don't need and i had a hard time stopping it since i have money but it changed when my expenses become big. I need to budget my money and later on forget buying unimportant things. I think for me having a budget is good because you will only buy things within your budget.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:53:51 PM

Time is most valuable things now.If it can not be done during the time of work,then no work is possible. It is necessary to do this at any time when needed.To avoid unnecessary things,there must be a vigilant eye.So don't waste time on any unnecessary reason.There is a lot to keep going on doing this.Such as never speak without important topic.Work will be done at the time of work.Todays decision will be decided by tomorrows future.The aim is to come forward confidently.

patimahsunda

Activity: 323

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:57:47 PM

You are just like me, It seems we are people who never regret buying something that is not important and still buy it. Then regret losing your money for this. I myself do not know how to do what makes me eliminate this seemingly stupid behavior
potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:01:01 PM

Many of us experiences that, and it is hard. Yes, it is hard, but I did not say that it is impossible. In order to discipline ourselves from this experience, it is better to have a list of our needs and wants. This is a good start because you can separate the things you just want to have and the things that you really need. List the things carefully, and have that list in the place where you can always see it. Hope this helps.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hareehs

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 05:52:11 PM

Well for me,  I should skimp on the unimportant so I can spend on what matters. I like the saying that, "You can have anything you want – but you can’t have everything you want.” Yes, we really can purchase just about anything, or pursue just about any thing . But the key is knowing the attached price tag to what it is you want.

Most of us don’t realize what pure luxury it is to pursue just about anything we want. But we should! It depends on whether its price is worth it. Just because we want something doesn’t mean we should get it, and just because we want it doesn’t mean it’s inherently bad.  But as wise stewards and as responsible adults and parents, we need to count the cost before splurging on a purchase that might have a higher price tag than we realize.

That's why it’s important to curb expenses on the things that don’t matter to us so that we can afford the things that do.  Because our family doesn’t go into debt, It means we have a finite budget and a limited amount of resources with which to work.

And probably one of the most important things we should do is stay away from all the stores…if we don’t go to the mall, we can’t fall in love with all the stuff that’s there…I enjoy perusing Target, but don’t go unless there’s a true need. So that's it.  Smiley
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:13:44 PM

To be honest there are no reason for you to spend and spend if you don't want your future to be ruined rhen stop spending too much and start saving money for the future always think that if you didn't need the item then why you buy it when after 1 or 2 weeks you will not use that anymore , buy those really important that you think you can use everyday
As a human nature, we tend to be impulsive at times, specially in decision-making, at buying or spending, without even thinking if its truly valuable or really needed. The best that we can do to prevent ourselves from spending on unimportant things would be to have a budget plan; buy only when needed; don't be convinced too much to freebies- it still can all cost you; buy the right reasons; do math check on your salary, income, expenses and savings; know when is the right time to buy and not; and buy good qualities.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:06:53 PM

To be honest there are no reason for you to spend and spend if you don't want your future to be ruined rhen stop spending too much and start saving money for the future always think that if you didn't need the item then why you buy it when after 1 or 2 weeks you will not use that anymore , buy those really important that you think you can use everyday
As a human nature, we tend to be impulsive at times, specially in decision-making, at buying or spending, without even thinking if its truly valuable or really needed. The best that we can do to prevent ourselves from spending on unimportant things would be to have a budget plan; buy only when needed; don't be convinced too much to freebies- it still can all cost you; buy the right reasons; do math check on your salary, income, expenses and savings; know when is the right time to buy and not; and buy good qualities.
Sometimes, we let our wants to control us more than our needs. In times where we are overpowered with our quick decision without planning, I believe what we need is a strong and scrupulous dicipline in ourselves. It may be hard at first, especially when we are not used to it, but sometimes it's better to unlearn the past unproductive habits, learn from it, move forward inorder to grow. Check if how much of your spent effort, time, and work is eaten up by a potential purchase. As much as possible, turn off temptation and do inventory check. Learn to share and be grateful as it creates a sense of abundance, which is good for the soul and a remedy to impulse purchasing. Remember, it's okay to buy nothing if not really needed. Learn to save and divide your expenses.
btrice7

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:26:44 PM

I think I`m battling with myself about that and keep loosing everytime. Leak of discipline is about me, but I hope it changes oneday.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: