Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:44:33 PM

Don't worry about distribution, it has only just started. The top holders will sell some of it eventually if the exchange rate keeps falling for some time, in the end the exchange rate will find a support level, even if it's 100x lower than the current rate. By that time the coins will be nicely distributed. The more important thing now is to build some infrastructure - fully automatic exchange would be nice, direct conversion to and from fiat would be nice.

But till that time our job, trying to promote NXT, will be worthless as people will get disappointed. It is the most important to get the support of the community!

I also feel that the job is being given to the wrong people. Almost everyone I've seen actively promoting the coin are the people with almost nothing. McJavar, you are one of the most active, but the account in your sig only has 500 NXT. Either it's a pass through, or you're working for the benefit of people who paid waaaaay ahead.

I bought 400k for 2 BTC (and was scammed for another 1 BTC). I really believe in this project, but the more I dig down, the more I see the problems Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImmortAlex

Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:45:50 PM

Now, time to 'pre-order' some 'cheap' asics and mine some mBTC!! Yeah!
"preorder" = "scam" Sad
btc24

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:45:54 PM

I also feel that the job is being given to the wrong people. Almost everyone I've seen actively promoting the coin are the people with almost nothing. McJavar, you are one of the most active, but the account in your sig only has 500 NXT. Either it's a pass through, or you're working for the benefit of people who paid waaaaay ahead.

Yay,  if top holders will behave the same - most active NXT promoters will create their own coin...  with blackjack and hookers Wink
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:46:04 PM

Don't worry about distribution, it has only just started. The top holders will sell some of it eventually if the exchange rate keeps falling for some time, in the end the exchange rate will find a support level, even if it's 100x lower than the current rate. By that time the coins will be nicely distributed. The more important thing now is to build some infrastructure - fully automatic exchange would be nice, direct conversion to and from fiat would be nice.

But till that time our job, trying to promote NXT, will be worthless as people will get disappointed. It is the most important to get the support of the community!

You know something guys, I had actually PAID to get my damn coins when I saw this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3518014#msg3518014

Now, where were you??
plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:46:23 PM

I agree. We need giveaways of tens of thousandths of coins, very few people want to buy coins of an unknown weeks old project, no matter how good the idea. I bought, but $300 isn't enough to generate a block in 30 days, that is quite disappointing. I like the idea, and plan on sticking around, but as an early adopter is seems strange that the very top account holders seem to be missing in action. I don't want to sound like I have the right to tell someone what to do with their money, but I would hope they realize that distributing their coins now would be a great idea.
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:46:30 PM

Version 0.3.12 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67242472/nxt.zip

Upgrade only if u have 0.3.11 installed and want to generate blocks. Contains a quick work-around against unconfirmed double-spending transactions.

thanx, upgraded now.
inkadnb

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:47:03 PM

I'm very active too, I have ~8000 thanks to a donation.

klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:47:38 PM

I agree. We need giveaways of tens of thousandths of coins, very few people want to buy coins of an unknown weeks old project, no matter how good the idea. I bought, but $300 isn't enough to generate a block in 30 days, that is quite disappointing. I like the idea, and plan on sticking around, but as an early adopter is seems strange that the very top account holders seem to be missing in action. I don't want to sound like I have the right to tell someone what to do with their money, but I would hope they realize that distributing their coins now would be a great idea.
BuyPreorder asics.
Kontakt

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:49:05 PM

I bought 400k for 2 BTC (and was scammed for another 1 BTC). I really believe in this project, but the more I dig down, the more I see the problems Sad

It's a really great project, and the software implementation is really great as well. It gets better every release.
The problems are with implementation. The massive premining (essentially), the lack of early transactions for fees and the difficulty of buying in at all.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:50:26 PM

It's a really great project, and the software implementation is really great as well. It gets better every release.
The problems are with implementation. The massive premining (essentially), the lack of early transactions for fees and the difficulty of buying in at all.
Buy QRK then.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:50:35 PM

Can someone please confirm, what is the minimum base target?

it's 1/153722867 or 6,505213046800643e-7 %.
ImmortAlex

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:50:51 PM

I bought, but $300 isn't enough to generate a block in 30 days, that is quite disappointing.
It's not a matter for generating blocks, at least now.
The problem is that most of investors do nothing to promote coin. But those who active can't get valuable coins, because most of them are frozen.
inkadnb

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:52:42 PM

It's simple, by hoarding coins you hurt yourself because the Nxt economy is static and worthless.

So stakeholders, by buying coins you made a commitment to use them, we all have a duty to make an impact. Stakeholders have the potential to make the biggest impact.

Pretty much the only stakeholder I've known and seen very actively spreading his distribution is bybitcoin. Not to mention, I'm 100% sure bybitcoin has already made a profit on his coins. So what's the risk? If you have 40 million, sell 20 million. That 20 million you sell is HELPING you. Hoarding it does nothing for you but kill this coin.

That's all I have to say.

ImmortAlex

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

most of investors
Damn! I must not call them "investors"!
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:54:00 PM

I bought, but $300 isn't enough to generate a block in 30 days, that is quite disappointing.
It's not a matter for generating blocks, at least now.
The problem is that most of investors do nothing to promote coin. But those who active can't get valuable coins, because most of them are frozen.
Do you know who they are? Maybe 8/10 are BCNext.
He is very lazy guy...doing nothing to promote Next!
mcjavar

Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:54:37 PM

Buy QRK then.

Come on klee, it might be great for you having invested your money before most of us and now having a lot of NXT, but being rude and telling others, that you are a great guy, because you come along NXT when it was in the funding phase, so fuck all those little fuckers who are trying to get on boat now is not the way your coins will make you more $$$. Without the newcomers, you will only have some worthless numbers on an account where you can trade them with your early-adopting friends for nuts.

No offense! Really not, sorry if it sounds like that, but english is only my 3rd language Sad
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:56:47 PM

It would be better if 1Billion coins did not minted completely. Maybe around 100,000 of them minted in genesis block (for giving away and spread the coins) and the others mine with POS. In this regard because total number is small, people with small coins can mine too and involve themself in this project.

BTW: I working on some plan to involve more people into NXT. Thinking and designing, maybe need some help from devs.

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:56:58 PM

It's simple, by hoarding coins you hurt yourself because the Nxt economy is static and worthless.

So stakeholders, by buying coins you made a commitment to use them, we all have a duty to make an impact. Stakeholders have the potential to make the biggest impact.

Pretty much the only stakeholder I've known and seen very actively spreading his distribution is bybitcoin. Not to mention, I'm 100% sure bybitcoin has already made a profit on his coins. So what's the risk? If you have 40 million, sell 20 million. That 20 million you sell is HELPING you. Hoarding it does nothing for you but kill this coin.

That's all I have to say.
How much do you believe investing in this coin? Prove it by buying - else move to another coin.
If you had read enough you would see that a lot of early adopters sale/redistribute their wealth with bounties/giveaways.
Satoshi did not distribute his 1M coins if I recollect correctly..more than 1/5 of total btc at the time!
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:58:00 PM

Buy QRK then.

Come on klee, it might be great for you having invested your money before most of us and now having a lot of NXT, but being rude and telling others, that you are a great guy, because you come along NXT when it was in the funding phase, so fuck all those little fuckers who are trying to get on boat now is not the way your coins will make you more $$$. Without the newcomers, you will only have some worthless numbers on an account where you can trade them with your early-adopting friends for nuts.

No offense! Really not, sorry if it sounds like that, but english is only my 3rd language Sad
Read my contributions first - then I will be polite...
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:59:19 PM

It would be better if 1Billion coins did not minted completely. Maybe around 100,000 of them minted in genesis block (for giving away and spread the coins) and the others mine with POS. In this regard because total number is small, people with small coins can mine too and involve themself in this project.

BTW: I working on some plan to involve more people into NXT. Thinking and designing, maybe need some help from devs.
Valid argument but now what done is done!
No one forces people invest here, they can wait until source is open, clone it and do what you propose....
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: