Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:52:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Vernunft

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:25:05 PM

Any news about a possible implementation in any other exchanges like Cryptsy or Bter?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:38:44 PM

Any news about a possible implementation in any other exchanges like Cryptsy or Bter?
A Chinese member maybe lobbying btc38??
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:42:21 PM

My node works more stable with enabled hallmark protection. Hey, stakeholders, only 10% marked their nodes. R u interested in success of Nxt?
They wait to dump their coins @Cryptsy  Sad

It's rather good than bad. More they dump, more new Nxters we will get.
My issue here is that it seems it is the only thing they care for!
It is a free market, let the price discovery run on it's own  Smiley

But they don't care about Nxt - they don't even care in what you just said, that dumping will help the network. They just want to sell when they can en masse..
No, some of them also care about spamming the thread by saying this is excellent or that is terrific while keeping a Canadian singer DG lady photo at their logo, but not a hand of help or a single dime of donation.. amazing!

Sorry klee for the delay, dude I still have problem with the client, will send you 200K to let you continue the giveaway ASAP.
Just for the public to know, I already received 400K from Pouncer, 400K from Neer.gh and 97K from klee, which I keep to supply the posted bounties (video-article-whitepaper) and the giveaway (which shall run until the end of 2013). Neer.gh promised me to donate 600K more to secure the source for paying the bounty awards.

I have an idea: perhaps we can invite stake-holders to offer to the community their interest to fund some partnership projects. For example let's say I post a proposal in the bounty thread offering 3M Nxt to anyone who can create or bring a poker platform running in Nxt, so he/she and I may become partners and start a business together and share the whole ownership and future profits at let's say X% and Y% profit (it was just an example, I am not really proposing this personally), or a digital good shop. This has a lot of benefits, enlarging Nxt marketplace and popularizing it, distributing the initial investment fund into that economy and finally benefiting the stake-holders more and last longer than with a raw sell-dumping at this or that target price. This will also creates jobs-funds for interested developers to use their muscles into building the blocks.
What do you think?

A poker client in a peer to peer network and decentralized domain. What not to like ? I am going to invest. But it would not be easy to implement though.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:45:32 PM

Well the poker platform should not necessarily be decentralized and p2p, but its currency named Nxt is and should continue to be Wink
Pouncer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:46:57 PM

Bybitcoin, I have a proposal for a productive use of the bounty funds.

One area I think needs immediate attention and will go a long way towards greater adoption and helping secure the network is realtime technical support. Many users struggle to understand the Nxt concept & to run the Nxt software. Most are in no position to spend hours struggling with it only to start all over again when a new version is released.

CfB is busy with dev and at the same time being inundated with level 1 support questions. I propose setting up a dedicated thread (or even a support ticketing system) where we give a bounty to someone for manning a real time support desk. He/she should be competent in java, server setup, security and all the basic tech stuff that most users struggle with now. The tech support needs to understand basic functionalities and behaviour of Nxt, but need not be in the dev category (these ppl would be more productive actually going the dev).

The idea is that if we have 2/3 ppl on this support desk, we will have 24x7 personalized realtime tech support and users in various time zones don't have to post a problem/bug and wait for 12 hours before CfB responds and then wait for another 12 hours for the next feedback. This team will liaise with the dev team for L2 support and bugs feedback, who will in turn liaise with the invisible BCNxt for L3 support.

Because Nxt is brand new software and brand new concept, such professional tech support will go a long way to making it the Nxt bitcoin - fast!

My node works more stable with enabled hallmark protection. Hey, stakeholders, only 10% marked their nodes. R u interested in success of Nxt?

But they don't care about Nxt - they don't even care in what you just said, that dumping will help the network. They just want to sell when they can en masse..
No, some of them also care about spamming the thread by saying this is excellent or that is terrific while keeping a Canadian singer DG lady photo at their logo, but not a hand of help or a single dime of donation.. amazing!

Sorry klee for the delay, dude I still have problem with the client, will send you 200K to let you continue the giveaway ASAP.
Just for the public to know, I already received 400K from Pouncer, 400K from Neer.gh and 97K from klee, which I keep to supply the posted bounties (video-article-whitepaper) and the giveaway (which shall run until the end of 2013). Neer.gh promised me to donate 600K more to secure the source for paying the bounty awards.

I have an idea: perhaps we can invite stake-holders to offer to the community their interest to fund some partnership projects. For example let's say I post a proposal in the bounty thread offering 3M Nxt to anyone who can create or bring a poker platform running in Nxt, so he/she and I may become partners and start a business together and share the whole ownership and future profits at let's say X% and Y% profit (it was just an example, I am not really proposing this personally), or a digital good shop. This has a lot of benefits, enlarging Nxt marketplace and popularizing it, distributing the initial investment fund into that economy and finally benefiting the stake-holders more and last longer than with a raw sell-dumping at this or that target price. This will also creates jobs-funds for interested developers to use their muscles into building the blocks.
What do you think?

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:50:52 PM

Well the poker platform should not necessarily be decentralized and p2p, but its currency named Nxt is and should continue to be Wink

If decentralized exchange is possible. I don't see why a decentralized poker platform can't. For starter we can have a fixed number of seats with low capacity. All play with certain rules and pay out accordingly. No rake, absolute securities, and no chance of house fraud Smiley It would be phenomenal.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:51:46 PM

What do you think?
Man I really like your ideas - they can raise the status of Nxt!

Personally I would love to have some more stakeholders fund part of this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365700.0
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:52:31 PM

If decentralized exchange is possible. I don't see why a decentralized poker platform can't. For starter we can have a fixed number of seats with low capacity. All play with certain rules and pay out accordingly. No rake, absolute securities, and no chance of house fraud Smiley It would be phenomenal.

hahaha, count me in, I love the idea! Let me know how to contribute Smiley
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:53:05 PM

One area I think needs immediate attention and will go a long way towards greater adoption and helping secure the network is realtime technical support. Many users struggle to understand the Nxt concept & to run the Nxt software. Most are in no position to spend hours struggling with it only to start all over again when a new version is released.

CfB is busy with dev and at the same time being inundated with level 1 support questions. I propose setting up a dedicated thread (or even a support ticketing system) where we give a bounty to someone for manning a real time support desk. He/she should be competent in java, server setup, security and all the basic tech stuff that most users struggle with now. The tech support needs to understand basic functionalities and behaviour of Nxt, but need not be in the dev category (these ppl would be more productive actually going the dev).

The idea is that if we have 2/3 ppl on this support desk, we will have 24x7 personalized realtime tech support and users don't have to post a problem/bug and wait for 12 hours before CfB responds and then wait for another 12 hours for the next feedback. This team will liaise with the dev team for L2 support and bugs feedback, who will in turn liaise with the invisible BCNxt for L3 support.

Because Nxt is brand new software and brand new concept, such professional tech support will go a long way to making it the Nxt bitcoin - fast!

What do you think?
Great idea too Pouncer!
GCInc.

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:21:54 PM

To the other holders who now contribute to bounties or are looking to get involved, it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to these discussions. Having a one stop place for benefactors to see all of the different projects/bounties going on and receive proposals/interface with those looking to start projects would be fantastic and help keep the information organized and simple to find/reference. Anyone want to do this?
Threads with nice velocity already:

https://nextcoin.org/index.php?board=8.0

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:27:55 PM

To the other holders who now contribute to bounties or are looking to get involved, it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to these discussions. Having a one stop place for benefactors to see all of the different projects/bounties going on and receive proposals/interface with those looking to start projects would be fantastic and help keep the information organized and simple to find/reference. Anyone want to do this?
Threads with nice velocity already:

https://nextcoin.org/index.php?board=8.0

Yes, when its all said and done I hope that our moderators/admins/translators over at nextcoin.org will be given some bounty for their efforts.  That site is really humming along now
joefox

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:28:31 PM

The idea is that if we have 2/3 ppl on this support desk, we will have 24x7 personalized realtime tech support and users in various time zones don't have to post a problem/bug and wait for 12 hours before CfB responds and then wait for another 12 hours for the next feedback. This team will liaise with the dev team for L2 support and bugs feedback, who will in turn liaise with the invisible BCNxt for L3 support.

I'm a big supporter of this idea.  I've been patrolling the Nxt Forum and offering help where I can, as well as trying to keep the wiki up to date.  I'm getting a little bitter about collecting a total of 100 Nxt in donations (current market value: $0.81USD) for all the time and effort I've been putting in (aside from my own [small!] BTC investment) -- especially when I see peer nodes on my network sitting on 19 million, 32 million, and 40 million coins.

I'm HAPPY to help people install, run, trade, etc., but just can't continue to do it for a pittance when I know people are sitting on millions of coins and contributing nothing.  Investing 1 BTC into a fundraiser has worth, but so does the investment of my time.  I will offer my services as a support person, but not for zero return.

Many people are offering help.  What's sad is that there are GAPS that these people are filling that have NOT been asked for, so no central entity is monitoring that effort and rewarding it.  And that's unfortunate, because the kind of help people like me and opticalc and Johnycrypt and drexme are providing is critical to the future of Nxt.

Documentation, communication, and tech support are critical functions.  You can build the best crypto that will ever exist, but if nobody understands it, hears about it, or can use it -- it's dead.

I also struggle with my ability to authoritatively answer questions because I very rarely get to look "under the hood".  I *think* I understand forging and hallmarks and other details, but to arrive at that understanding I have to rely on snippets of gold dropped by CfB and others in forum posts.  I wish BCNext had a published design spec (or formal white paper) that was authoritative.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:31:26 PM

I'm a big supporter of this idea.  I've been patrolling the Nxt Forum and offering help where I can, as well as trying to keep the wiki up to date.  I'm getting a little bitter about collecting a total of 100 Nxt in donations (current market value: $0.81USD) for all the time and effort I've been putting in (aside from my own [small!] BTC investment) -- especially when I see peer nodes on my network sitting on 19 million, 32 million, and 40 million coins.

I'm HAPPY to help people install, run, trade, etc., but just can't continue to do it for a pittance when I know people are sitting on millions of coins and contributing nothing.  Investing 1 BTC into a fundraiser has worth, but so does the investment of my time.  I will offer my services as a support person, but not for zero return.

Many people are offering help.  What's sad is that there are GAPS that these people are filling that have NOT been asked for, so no central entity is monitoring that effort and rewarding it.  And that's unfortunate, because the kind of help people like me and opticalc and Johnycrypt and drexme are providing is critical to the future of Nxt.

Documentation, communication, and tech support are critical functions.  You can build the best crypto that will ever exist, but if nobody understands it, hears about it, or can use it -- it's dead.

I also struggle with my ability to authoritatively answer questions because I very rarely get to look "under the hood".  I *think* I understand forging and hallmarks and other details, but to beuild that understanding I have to rely on snippets of gold dropped by CfB and others in forum posts.  I wish BCNext had a published design spec (or formal white paper) that was authoritative.
When bybitcoin will pass me the funds for the giveaway thread you will be awarded good mate!

Hey guys, I already gave 31 people 250NXT each in my FB giveaway!
I am also helping them with the installation etc.

The interest is huge, especially from China, India, Israel and some Muslim countries!!
bybitcoin

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:48:07 PM

@klee: thanks bro, yes we should help Nxt get further Smiley

@Pouncer: this was another part of the idea, we will need soon to put aside a funding source to support techies and devs working on Nxt core development.
We have a funny situation here, some +5M stakeholders have nothing more to do than spamming, and people like Jean-Luc and Nextren are contributing a lot and get nothing to keep their motivation alive. It becomes more tragic when nextern offers a part of the donation he receives to supply my giveaway (which I refused and advised him to keep them for his own uses) but not a dime from.... well I don't need enemies.

The +850K I secured already is for supplying the already posted bounties (video-articles-whitepaper). With the 600K neer.gh promised more, we can be aasured that we are able to pay the remained 400K to Cunicula when he gets the paper ready (he already received 600K) and run the giveaway a bit longer.
But we need another pool and more donations to support the core devs progress. neer.gh has promised 4M Nxt first to supply the giveaway and bounties but in a recent pm I asked him to keep those 3M for himself and only donate us 600K more. I did this because it is not fair that only one person pays 4M while they cost $4K atm and all the others just sit back and wait for the dumping moments and keep spamming (yes I mean you bahamapascal)

klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:54:38 PM

@Pouncer: this was another part of the idea, we will need soon to put aside a funding source to support techies and devs working on Nxt core development.
We have a funny situation here, some +5M stakeholders have nothing more to do than spamming, and people like Jean-Luc and Nextren are contributing a lot and get nothing to keep their motivation alive. It becomes more tragic when nextern offers a part of the donation he receives to supply my giveaway (which I refused and advised him to keep them for his own uses) but not a dime from.... well I don't need enemies.

The +850K I secured already is for supplying the already posted bounties (video-articles-whitepaper). With the 600K neer.gh promised more, we can be aasured that we are able to pay the remained 400K to Cunicula when he gets the paper ready (he already received 600K) and run the giveaway a bit longer.
But we need another pool and more donations to support the core devs progress. neer.gh has promised 4M Nxt first to supply the giveaway and bounties but in a recent pm I asked him to keep those 3M for himself and only donate us 600K more. I did this because it is not fair that only one person pays 4M while they cost $4K atm and all the others just sit back and wait for the dumping moments and keep spamming (yes I mean you bahamapascal)
I can donate for devs too! In fact I am trying to convince ex coworkers (worked 10 years as software dev - I hate coding though Tongue ) to contribute and I will pay them..
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:54:58 PM

Any one else having a problem with the new version? Im trying to update my nodes. I tried putting the nxtfiles in the nxt folder but still no blocks are showing up

bybitcoin

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:14:27 AM

Can you briefly summarize what Jean-Luc and Nextren have contributed. Thanks.

Also, my PM is open to propositions for bounties. If I see value, you can be sure I'll contribute.
You can find the details of their work in this thread easily, I have to fly into my bed now Smiley
Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:18:48 AM

Both DGEX.com and nextcoin.org down...
Hummm...

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
mcjavar

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:22:57 AM

Hummm...

dgex is working fine for me
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:23:08 AM

Hummm...
It has begun!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: