Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 03:10:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 [944] 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761537 times)
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:47:24 PM

Thank u. Keep us updated, plz.

From Ittay just now:

I'm afraid I won't be able to do the code review for you. I would have to learn the details of the elliptic curve algorithm you're using, and I won't have enough time for that in the near future. I'll try and send you a name of someone who'd be perfect for the job (if he's interested, I'm waiting for his response).

Nevertheless, I thank you for the offer, and I would be glad to advise on the distributed aspects of your protocol, if you are interested at some point. Looking forward to seeing a white paper with the details of your architecture. I'm very glad to see novel cryptocurrency with actual innovation over Bitcoin.

Best,
Ittay

Well, hopefully his guy will work out.  At the very least, we've most likely got the academics and professional community talking about NXT now.  will let you all know if this other guy he is referring will work out
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:47:52 PM

no one owns that. i guess who ever did that put it there for the miners some day. idk why they would though. thats a lot of nxt.

Why does nobody own it? Somebody had to create it?

Apparently who made that transaction to account "100000" is 12968364353024827435 which seems to be "Aysyr": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=86187

right but no one made a transaction out of the account. its highly unlikely that who ever did that has the private key to it. Perhaps it was done by someone who realized that he has to distribute some of his nxt for the health of the network and so is doing it in such a way where everyone knows that the nxt has been genuinely given away by the original large stake holder and not traded back to a sock puppet account. Another advantage to doing it this way is that it will not drive the price down.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:49:19 PM

Quote from: bitcoinpaul
Voting is for getting a range of opinions. The result is a suggestion, what COULD be done. Not what will be done no matter what...

Has there been a vote or poll which yielded a consensus and was not acted upon?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:53:03 PM

From Ittay just now:

I'm afraid I won't be able to do the code review for you. I would have to learn the details of the elliptic curve algorithm you're using, and I won't have enough time for that in the near future. I'll try and send you a name of someone who'd be perfect for the job (if he's interested, I'm waiting for his response).

Nevertheless, I thank you for the offer, and I would be glad to advise on the distributed aspects of your protocol, if you are interested at some point. Looking forward to seeing a white paper with the details of your architecture. I'm very glad to see novel cryptocurrency with actual innovation over Bitcoin.

Best,
Ittay

Well, hopefully his guy will work out.  At the very least, we've most likely got the academics and professional community talking about NXT now.  will let you all know if this other guy he is referring will work out

Utopianfuture contacted someone also. Am I right?
smartwart

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:54:04 PM

I am selling five untouched keys for Battlefield 4 (PC). Each key 1250 NXT.

First sold. Four left.

Is this the first videogame sold for NXT? Historic moment?

James

maybe it is !!!

maybe its strategic Marketing ;-)
(suggest a closing opportunity which triggers requirement)

Yes, this is a historic moment. Be part of it and get your key! Smiley

I really think about it!
Would be a symbolic moment I could tell my grandchild's...

NxT: 13574045486980287597
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

From Ittay just now:

Best,
Ittay

Wow that is great! did you all read! he understand.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:55:11 PM

From Ittay just now:

Best,
Ittay

he wouldn't have to review the elliptic curve algo.. all he would have to do is copy the algo from the nxt source code, hash that code, copy the algo from the original source, hash that code and then compare the hashes. That code has been reviewed by cryptographers already, no need to do that all over again.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:55:38 PM

From Ittay just now:

Best,
Ittay

Utopianfuture contacted someone also. Am I right?

msin contacted weis http://saweis.net/ but he also said he is busy but he also said he will introduce someone else.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:56:20 PM

he wouldn't have to review the elliptic curve algo.. all he would have to do is copy the algo from the nxt source code, hash that code, copy the algo from the original source, hash that code and then compare the hashes. That code has been reviewed by cryptographers already, no need to do that all over again.

The problem is that we don't have the original source.
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:57:53 PM

In my experience, whenever there is a crowded market, marketing and advertising is required to achieve top positions. How many alternatives are there to NXT? I am talking about from a non-technical end user's standpoint. As far as they are concerned, NXT is one of 100+ altcoins. With the strong bias against proof of stake coins, do you really think that NXT will achieve its full potential without marketing or advertising?

If Nxt can't be successful without paid marketing and advertising, then it can't be successful.

Please name me a single product in a crowded market that rose above all the others without marketing and sales.
Ripple is getting placements in top rated TV shows. Apple got placements in dozens of movies. I am not talking about any "shove", just a way to get on thousands of websites and getting value for money spent.

You're using the wrong model to look at this.  Nxt isn't a product or a service.  The Ripple example you brought up is perfect.  What has the TV spot done for them:

http://coinmarketcap.com/xrp_30.html

What is wrong about speeding that up? The first proof of stake coin that gets to 100,000 users and 10,000 websites will benefit from the network effect and nothing else would ever be able to catch up.

Nothing is wrong with that and nothing is wrong with online advertising, but it won't be effective in this case.

Specifically, what type of advertising and marketing are you planning?

I'm one of the guys Sunny King from Peercoin asked me to assist with project management and marketing. Let me assure you, it takes ** constant ** marketing to open doors. The conversations with ZipZap and other large providers didn't happen because we just let it happen. We have over 100 active volunteers handling different duties to accomplish goals. Feel free to visit the community to see I'm not just blowing smoke.

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1699.0
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1093.0
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=867.0

With Nxt being a new product, I would argue it needs the push even more than established cryptos.

--

Side note: Strongly recommend NiftyNikel to join the marketing panel

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
spud3861

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:58:06 PM

Why is there a transaction from my account that I did not send?

Transaction id: 16521392718362128082

Recipient 8450504352895951699

1/16/2014 9:47:06 AM

Thankfully the amount of the transaction seems to be 0 (nothing). Is that something that is happening to others?

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:58:14 PM

Huh?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:58:56 PM

what do you mean you don't have it? did it get lost and like you only have the compiled file?

spud3861

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:00:37 PM

Is it anything to do with the block of the same time?

42729      12292439833850569026      1/16/2014 9:47:06 AM   
32      6 + 32      6'886 B   
2      11363356126058893033      441 %

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
ImmortAlex

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:02:06 PM

Why is there a transaction from my account that I did not send?

Transaction id: 16521392718362128082

Recipient 8450504352895951699

1/16/2014 9:47:06 AM

Thankfully the amount of the transaction seems to be 0 (nothing). Is that something that is happening to others?
This is transaction to you account. With message. Take a look few pages back for post from marcus.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:03:49 PM

Quote from: PeercoinEnthusiast
I'm one of the guys Sunny King from Peercoin asked me to assist with project management and marketing. Let me assure you, it takes ** constant ** marketing to open doors. The conversations with ZipZap and other large providers didn't happen because we just let it happen. We have over 100 active volunteers handling different duties to accomplish goals. Feel free to visit the community to see I'm not just blowing smoke.

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1699.0
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1093.0
http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=867.0

With Nxt being a new product, I would argue it needs the push even more than established cryptos.

"conversations" great.  "volunteers" great.  James and I are discussing the merits of paid advertising/marketing for Nxt.  Did Peercoin engage in that, and if so, in what capacity?

James, I'm still curious to know what sort of paid campaign you have in mind.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 04:03:56 PM

In my experience, whenever there is a crowded market, marketing and advertising is required to achieve top positions. How many alternatives are there to NXT? I am talking about from a non-technical end user's standpoint. As far as they are concerned, NXT is one of 100+ altcoins. With the strong bias against proof of stake coins, do you really think that NXT will achieve its full potential without marketing or advertising?

If Nxt can't be successful without paid marketing and advertising, then it can't be successful.

Please name me a single product in a crowded market that rose above all the others without marketing and sales.
Ripple is getting placements in top rated TV shows. Apple got placements in dozens of movies. I am not talking about any "shove", just a way to get on thousands of websites and getting value for money spent.

You're using the wrong model to look at this.  Nxt isn't a product or a service.  The Ripple example you brought up is perfect.  What has the TV spot done for them:

http://coinmarketcap.com/xrp_30.html

What is wrong about speeding that up? The first proof of stake coin that gets to 100,000 users and 10,000 websites will benefit from the network effect and nothing else would ever be able to catch up.

Nothing is wrong with that and nothing is wrong with online advertising, but it won't be effective in this case.

Specifically, what type of advertising and marketing are you planning?

NXT will be more successful if more people understood it. There was a short term increase in XRP value from TV spot, but marketing takes repeated exposure. the first time an iMac was seen in a movie, people didn't go out and buy a new iMac. After the tenth time, though, people did start to consider not getting a IBM PC clone.

I don't understand how you can say paying to get new NXT'ers won't be effective. Are you saying that if we got 2000 extra people purchasing $50,000 a day of NXT, that won't help NXT? I am very confused.

Advertising works. Companies spend hundreds of billions of dollars per year on it. Why would we not use a technique that has proven itself? Not logical. It's like a C programmer that refuses to use struct?! Why would we limit ourselves in promoting NXT? Do we have to cripple ourselves? Should we compete against everyone else under a self-inflicted handicap?

I was thinking that we could develop a page that clearly communicates the benefits of NXT to someone who is considering purchasing some. We make it easy for them to purchase if they want to, say by using a credit card. We make it easy for them to get new clients, information, etc. A standard customer acquisition webpage. It would have a certain conversion rate and it could be used for a model for anybody to use to drive traffic to and monetize interest in NXT. Make it so that people can make money promoting NXT and the next thing you know, many people will be promoting NXT.

How can this be a bad thing?

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

So, finalizing everything, if my real time is UTC+2 and it is correct, the difference in 1 hour of block AAAAA I see in blockchainexplorer and my client is normal and it is not the error I always get when I have a chance to forge but do not forge succesfuly?

Right, PM me with ur account id, I'll check how many u forged.

My account in signature. I didn't forge anything, only errors errors.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:05:09 PM

what do you mean you don't have it? did it get lost and like you only have the compiled file?

/* Ported from C to Java by Dmitry Skiba [sahn0], 23/02/08.
    * Original: http://cds.xs4all.nl:8081/ecdh/
    */
   /* Generic 64-bit integer implementation of Curve25519 ECDH
    * Written by Matthijs van Duin, 200608242056
    * Public domain.
    * Based on work by Daniel J Bernstein, http://cr.yp.to/ecdh.html
    */

We use copy of copy of copy and original link is dead. That's what I mean.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:05:18 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 04:19:44 PM by pinarello

I (not I but community concensus Smiley)make a vote for this users.

Pin

Pages: « 1 ... 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 [944] 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: