Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 [950] 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:07:42 PM

got my odroid kit from fedex today.. any one have experience with setting up a VPS?

please lemme know

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:10:43 PM

NXT's single vision is decentralization and community involvement, imho . If i am not wrong, I share this vision with BCNext and Cfb. So you plan to count on BCNext or Cfb to make decisions for you, I think you would be disappointed.

But if some points, this venture become too disarrayed and too fragmented that BCNext has to appear and decide everything then I will leave because because all my efforts have been fruitless. Up until that point, if you care about NXT, then giving up the habit of looking up for a leader and actually doing something. You yourself could actually shape the vision for NXT.

This project can not simultaneously break new ground in technology and social organization to this extent.  Each of those goals is gargantuan and to ask Nxt to accomplish both simultaneously is asking the impossible.  One, if not both, must fail.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:14:35 PM

Quote from: bitcoinrocks
Someone (BCNext?, CfB?) needs to step up and unify this project under a single vision.

Quote from: Come-from-Beyond
Both refuse to do so. Sorry guys.

Is there anyone else with real authority over the code?  Jean-Paul?  (Or was it Jean-Luc?)  Nxt needs this.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

How many NXT i get when i have 100.000 for 1 Week?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

Quote from: IveBeenBit
I've been following Nxt for the past couple weeks with my considerable spare time, and I still don't understand WTF the vote about the clients is about.

Is it a vote on how to disburse bounty funds?
Is it a vote on what client to adopt?
Do I need to download each client and try them out before voting?

This client vote thing is one of the more important votes (based on how much I see it mentioned around here) and I still have no clue who is allowed to vote and what the result will be.

I'm sure I could figure it out if I took some time to weed through posts, but I'm choosing to be rationally apathetic.

This pattern will accelerate if you start polling everyone for every decision until only the most hard core Nxters with time on their hands will be able to vote intelligently.

+1
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:18:36 PM

total fee generated without aliases:
300.000 was forged by cca 300.000.000 Nxt in 49 days
- 100 was forged by 100.000 Nxt in 49 days

14 Nxt can be forged in 7 days with 100.000 NXT
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:19:23 PM

Every innovative software project is controlled by one or (rarely) two people.
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:22:58 PM

NXT's single vision is decentralization and community involvement, imho . If i am not wrong, I share this vision with BCNext and Cfb. So you plan to count on BCNext or Cfb to make decisions for you, I think you would be disappointed.

But if some points, this venture become too disarrayed and too fragmented that BCNext has to appear and decide everything then I will leave because because all my efforts have been fruitless. Up until that point, if you care about NXT, then giving up the habit of looking up for a leader and actually doing something. You yourself could actually shape the vision for NXT.

This is so vague....what does "decentralization and community involvement" mean to you?

Apparently, it means voting on Nxt-related things.

So how many people need to vote to satisfy your criterion of "community involvement?"

Would 20% of NXTholders be enough? 50%? What if voter participation was almost completely from the top 10 percentile of Nxt holders, and the people holding a couple thousand NXT just sat out the election?

I think part of the problem we're having with voting is that info about this project is scattered over 3 forums (here, nextcoin.org and nxtcrypto.org) and there is no organization.

As I said in a previous post, I've been following this with some effort for about 10 days now, and I still am ignorant of a lot of important things.

• Who is Jean-Luc and what does he do?
  • Is BCNext still involved in programming and development.
  • What do Utopian Future, Klee, Anon, 2Kewl4School and other prolific posters do? Do they program stuff? Write articles?
  • Where do you go to get reliable technical answers about the protocol?
  • How many developers are there currently working on the full source code? Who are they?

Information is too fragmented, or scattered through this 900-page thread. I got interested in NXT in late December, and there's really no way to get caught up on the status of the project.

Yes I have read the wiki, white paper, and I hang out in #nxtalk, but I am still uninformed.

And you want me to vote.

I would vote and participate but really, there is no way to get caught up on the project for someone coming on board now and that hasn't been here since the beginning.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:26:50 PM

I could see it as being a nice feature to gauge the communities feeling about something but i dont think the voting its self should effect anything other than conveying information to interested parties. it could just be like a type of polling.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:26:54 PM

I would vote and participate but really, there is no way to get caught up on the project for someone coming on board now and that hasn't been here since the beginning.

And on top of all that, that Dutch guy stopped posting daily summaries of this thread.  So now I'm ever farther behind. Sad
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:27:19 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 06:39:51 PM by rickyjames

Someone (BCNext?, CfB?) needs to step up and unify this project under a single vision.

+10,000.  I would add JeanLuc to this list.  I see us going on for pages about voting.  I see us going on for pages about aliases.  I see us go on for pages about selling NXT for BTC outside Dgex, then CfB saying no more NXT will be sold below 0.001 BTC because Wall Street is coming to look at peer-to-peer exchange.  

We don't need features yet, we need plain vanilla user-friendly functionality to hold and transfer coins.  We need a one-click client that Joe Sixpack can install and use.  We need a dead simple API that other exchanges like Cryptsy can easily plug into and get us in the ability to trade with ease.  We need a whitepaper that focuses with laserlike intensity on NXT's (1) PoS forging, (2) mini-blockchain (c) 1 minute transaction time and (d) 10,000+ transaction per second capability promoted as MAJOR SOLUTIONS to the looming disasters that are about to befall Bitcoin over their ludicrous PoW mining arms race, bloated 16GB blockchain, sluggish 10 minute transaction time and maximum 7 transaction per second limit.  And we need a stated deadline for when full open source code will be released.

I vote for centralized leadership and vision and effort to get us to that launch point.  A flurry of decentralized service providers working on open source code will take us to the moon from there.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:28:06 PM

This is so vague....what does "decentralization and community involvement" mean to you?

Apparently, it means voting on Nxt-related things.

So how many people need to vote to satisfy your criterion of "community involvement?"

Would 20% of NXTholders be enough? 50%? What if voter participation was almost completely from the top 10 percentile of Nxt holders, and the people holding a couple thousand NXT just sat out the election?

I think part of the problem we're having with voting is that info about this project is scattered over 3 forums (here, nextcoin.org and nxtcrypto.org) and there is no organization.

As I said in a previous post, I've been following this with some effort for about 10 days now, and I still am ignorant of a lot of important things.

• Who is Jean-Luc and what does he do?
  • Is BCNext still involved in programming and development.
  • What do Utopian Future, Klee, Anon, 2Kewl4School and other prolific posters do? Do they program stuff? Write articles?
  • Where do you go to get reliable technical answers about the protocol?
  • How many developers are there currently working on the full source code? Who are they?

Information is too fragmented, or scattered through this 900-page thread. I got interested in NXT in late December, and there's really no way to get caught up on the status of the project.

Yes I have read the wiki, white paper, and I hang out in #nxtalk, but I am still uninformed.

And you want me to vote.

+10000000
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:30:18 PM

got my odroid kit from fedex today.. any one have experience with setting up a VPS?

please lemme know

https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewforum.php?style=1&f=39
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:30:23 PM

total fee generated without aliases:
300.000 was forged by cca 300.000.000 Nxt in 49 days
- 100 was forged by 100.000 Nxt in 49 days

14 Nxt can be forged in 7 days with 100.000 NXT

I have 300k, Mining Ratio 0.0334 % »
Theoretical [235.8413 NXT]   
Actual Blocks Generated:   15   
Actual Fee Earned   :   21 NXT
Over the past 30 days, with blocks forging at least 90% of the time

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

+10,000.  I would add JeanLuc to this list.  I see us going on for pages about voting.  I see us going on for pages about aliases.  I see us go on for pages about selling NXT for BTC outside Dgex, then CfB saying no more NXT will be sold below 0.001 BTC because Wall Street is coming to look at peer-to-peer exchange.  

We don't need features yet, we need plain vanilla user-friendly functionality to hold and transfer coins.  We need a one-click client that Joe Sixpack can install and use.  We need a dead simple API that other exchanges like Cryptsy can easily plug into and get us in the ability to trade with ease.  We need a whitepaper that focuses with laserlike intensity on NXT's (1) PoS forging, (2) mini-blockchain (c) 1 minute transaction time and (d) 10,000+ transaction per second capability promoted as MAJOR SOLUTIONS to the looming disasters that are about to befall Bitcoin over their ludicrous PoW mining arms race, bloated 16GB blockblockchain, sluggish 10 minute transaction time and maximum 7 transaction per second limit.  And we need a stated deadline for when full open source code will be released.

I vote for centralized leadership and vision and effort to get us to that launch point.  A flurry of decentralized service providers working on open source code will take us to the moon from there.

Could not say it better. Especially the middle part.
NXT

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:30:58 PM

NXT community,

Please think.

Every time there is a dicision to be made we tend to hold on to CfB and help us out, 9 out of 10 times he is telling us, the community has to decide.

One day CfB will be gone any idea how we gonna do it then.

Who will tricker this or that event organize polls or votings etc.. My question is…

Do we need some sort of foundation (purely administrative) if so how would be the structure: can we achieve that in a decentralized way?

-   Chairman (multisig)
-   Secretary (multisig)
-   PR
-   TO (technical officer)
-   DEV
-   Member(multisig)

Maybe some will kill me now but have to bring it up we cant circle arround it forever, what are the alternatives? We need some sort of plan till April

and yes CfB you can put me on ignore Cheesy

Pin

This was profetic }
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:33:34 PM

And on top of all that, that Dutch guy stopped posting daily summaries of this thread.  So now I'm ever farther behind. Sad

The Dutch Guy was at a sales meeting in Germany for two days and is at this moment collecting all data from over 80 pages  Grin

I'll post a summary in an hour or so Wink

Hang in there!

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:39:31 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 11:40:36 PM by EvilDave

This project can not simultaneously break new ground in technology and social organization to this extent.  Each of those goals is gargantuan and to ask Nxt to accomplish both simultaneously is asking the impossible.  One, if not both, must fail.

Pessimist...... Grin

The tech is not a paradigm breaking leap into the unknown. As i see it, NXTs strength lies in the refinement and unification of existing tech
into one over-arching eco-system.

The social organisation side is, again, nothing new.....u ever tried to get a bunch of anarchists organised ? I have....  

Quote from: bitcoinrocks

Quote from: Come-from-Beyond
Both refuse to do so. Sorry guys.

Is there anyone else with real authority over the code?  Jean-Paul?  (Or was it Jean-Luc?)  Nxt needs this.

No gods, no kings, just NXT

Hello, Dutch guy....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:40:51 PM

Quote from: rickyjames
We don't need features yet, we need plain vanilla user-friendly functionality to hold and transfer coins.  We need a one-click client that Joe Sixpack can install and use.  We need a dead simple API that other exchanges like Cryptsy can easily plug into and get us in the ability to trade with ease.  We need a whitepaper that focuses with laserlike intensity on NXT's (1) PoS forging, (2) mini-blockchain (c) 1 minute transaction time and (d) 10,000+ transaction per second capability promoted as MAJOR SOLUTIONS to the looming disasters that are about to befall Bitcoin over their ludicrous PoW mining arms race, bloated 16GB blockblockchain, sluggish 10 minute transaction time and maximum 7 transaction per second limit.  And we need a stated deadline for when full open source code will be released.

Yes!

Quote from: rickyjames
I vote for centralized leadership and vision and effort to get us to that launch point.

And I'm afraid there won't be any of the above without this.  Cfb and BCNxt have refused.  How can we contact JeanLuc?  For me, everything hinges on this.
admiral.fu

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:41:49 PM

We don't need features yet, we need plain vanilla user-friendly functionality to hold and transfer coins.  We need a one-click client that Joe Sixpack can install and use.  We need a dead simple API that other exchanges like Cryptsy can easily plug into and get us in the ability to trade with ease.  We need a whitepaper that focuses with laserlike intensity on NXT's (1) PoS forging, (2) mini-blockchain (c) 1 minute transaction time and (d) 10,000+ transaction per second capability promoted as MAJOR SOLUTIONS to the looming disasters that are about to befall Bitcoin over their ludicrous PoW mining arms race, bloated 16GB blockchain, sluggish 10 minute transaction time and maximum 7 transaction per second limit.  And we need a stated deadline for when full open source code will be released.

+1 I do not believe in crowd decision making, first thing that comes to mind is 1917.
Pages: « 1 ... 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 [950] 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: