Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:30:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:44:55 PM

All of the big NXT holders are monitoring this thread. unclaimed coins are allocated based on NXT community, which is here. it is what it is.

There is now marketing budget. As long as each month there are nice successes, next month is funded. NXT community is smart. It won't expect that 100% of expenditures will lead to success. Just make sure each month there is enough good stuff so that NXT community says, hey cool, keep doing it for another month.

longest journey starts with first month

James

Well I personally don't give a single fuck about 99% of the big hoarders, they have not contributed one bit, their influence should be zero, zip nada, fuck nothing at all.
Why the hell would we want to let those with the most NXT decide? That's centralization. They don't contribute in anyway to the community.
There is a handful of people who do, the rest are just jacking off to the price increase.

And now 250K was sent to salsacz... ok now what? How are we supposed to decide further how to spend those 250K?
And how much do we pay ourselves for our own work? NOw who decides that? It's 100% centralized.
Don't get me wrong, I love salsacz's work and have close contact with him for several weeks now, but now there is no group decisions anymore and no NXT to all the rest of us.

THese things should've been decided and I am downright shocked by CfB's actions after having talked with him on skype just yesterday aobut this.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:47:18 PM

All of the big NXT holders are monitoring this thread. unclaimed coins are allocated based on NXT community, which is here. it is what it is.

There is now marketing budget. As long as each month there are nice successes, next month is funded. NXT community is smart. It won't expect that 100% of expenditures will lead to success. Just make sure each month there is enough good stuff so that NXT community says, hey cool, keep doing it for another month.

James

Well I personally don't give a single fuck about 99% of the big hoarders, they have not contributed one bit, their influence should be zero, zip nada, fuck nothing at all.
Why the hell would we want to let those with the most NXT decide? That's centralization. They don't contribute in anyway to the community.
There is a handful of people who do, the rest are just jacking off to the price increase.

And now 250K was sent to salsacz... ok now what? How are we supposed to decide further how to spend those 250K?
And how much do we pay ourselves for our own work? NOw who decides that? It's 100% centralized.
Don't get me wrong, I love salsacz's work and have close contact with him for several weeks now, but now there is no group decisions anymore and no NXT to all the rest of us.

THese things should've been decided and I am downright shocked by CfB's actions after having talked with him on skype just yesterday aobut this.

salacz will distribute to various marketing projects. Still decentralized, but someone has to deal with all the marketing projects and CfB decided to delegate. I am sorry I didn't realize you were so independent from salacz, I had thought you were all working together

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:47:30 PM

How about something like this:
2. Giveaway 500 NXT to 500 people on forums- 250k
There will never be a giveaway for free. Only for people who will share our infographics/videos. We still do not have all information needed to create those infographics, but I am gathering them in the NxtMyths articles.
garcias

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:51:28 PM

CfB sent you a PM about Portuguese translation  Wink

Support DigiByte Smiley
DGB:DLLC7PPEZ7zxnB1RJd9hsvwr1HdJxFfGcb

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
Bitventurer

Activity: 488
Merit: 250

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:51:34 PM

James

take it easy man , the universe will decide for NXT  Wink  
the big stake holders that don’t do shit will be punished by the universe aka karma ... simple as that...

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:53:17 PM

James

salacz will distribute to various marketing projects. Still decentralized, but someone has to deal with all the marketing projects and CfB decided to delegate. I am sorry I didn't realize you were so independent from salacz, I had thought you were all working together

James

I am not very independent of salsacz, we talk, infact we talk right now on Skype. I got full trust in him, but suddenly things got a lot more centralized than was initially planned. That's what bothers me. CfB seems to make these decisions randomly. At first the plan was 10 million spread to 10 people who would then have to vote amongst eachother on projects, everyone was +1 this with the exception of a few who rather wanted the NXT deleted in the genesis block (crack is a helluva drug) and now the day after he's like "ok lets give one person 250K and then let's just see what happens".

This is what happens when you organize the most important part of NXTs evolution in thread form. Staggering
salsacz

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:53:39 PM

If you need any help, just let us know salzac!
dobře Cheesy

Feel free to add to the Nxteam Gdoc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgAGADgnQcrtdHRrV3V3Z1lzOXVEMWtqdElUaEtqV1E#gid=9
We probably don't need slovakian translators, but still it would be nice to have translated at least some pages in the wiki
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:54:00 PM

James

I think you should have your own marketing plan. And you are better to prepare it now. 250K to salsacz is one-off event for his/ her performance so far. She already have some concrete plans and ready to carry it out. She will have to file a report on that 250K before getting more funding.

You can either work with salsacz since she will need helps to spend all that 250K or devise your own plan. If the community approves your plan then you can also get 250K to carry our your plan.

I think it is about as good as decentralization goes with BCNext and Cfb controlling the fund for now.

I am going to issue my promotion plan soon  and I am also going to ask for support. Everyone should do the same  Grin

Also update in full feature client page. There is a private donor award.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412138.0

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:54:48 PM

I can't help but think that the goal of complete decentralization may be best served by agreeing on some initial centralization for a short period of time to establish a home website, official client, marketing plan etc..

Quoting myself from yesterday. We are paying lip service to decentralization while making centralized decisions. It's ok. It had to happen. Shit has to get done. Why don't we just agree to centralize things for a brief period to get everything in place for success?
garcias

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

http://wideo.co/view/1504591387756502643-nxt-generation-of-cryptocurrency
salsaCZ this video is amazing  Grin

Support DigiByte Smiley
DGB:DLLC7PPEZ7zxnB1RJd9hsvwr1HdJxFfGcb

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:57:54 PM

James

I think you should have your own marketing plan. And you are better to prepare it now. 250K to salsacz is one-off event for his/ her performance so far. She already have some concrete plans and ready to carry it out. She will have to file a report on that 250K before getting more funding.

You can either work with salsacz since she will need helps to spend all that 250K or devise your own plan. If the community approved your plan then you can also get 250K to carry our your plan.

I think it is about as good as decentralization goes with BCNext and Cfb controlling the fund for now.

I am going to issue my promotion plan soon  and I am also going to ask for support. Everyone should do the same  Grin

You cannot have been following NXT marketing plans at all the last months.
This started over at nextcoin.org, I was asked to be the lead organizer for these things and I said yes. We started and the first videos, infographics, articles, bitcoin conferences, logo etc. was made/decided.
Then me and nifty had a questionaire with over 60 people filling it out asking to be a part of the PR and marketing team, listing their skills and hours available.
We started this, then when I asked for contributions so we can actually pay the workers: CRICKETS; NADA. So we lost tens of people willing to work tens of hours per week because we had zero NXT to give them.

We could've been the most known cryptocurrency by far already if it wsan't for this fuckedup philosophy that a single BTT thread is the God of NXT.
Jean-Luc

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 04:58:39 PM

So we all moving onto the dotnxt client now. Trusted? Safe? Are we promoting this client now until nexerns release?
Not me, that's for sure. With all respect to minusbalancer for his work, I think it is a dead end. What's the point of having a reverse-engineered, incomplete client that will run on windows only? We have a Java server that is getting better every day, what we need is a well designed and fully cross-platform GUI for it, not an alternative implementation.

Assuming 0.5.9 is as stable as I hope it is and there are no critical bugs, my next step will be a major refactoring of the code, 0.6.0 will no longer be a single java file. Next, I will add persistence of blocks and transactions in a database instead of using serialized files, and will no longer keep all of them in memory. If minusbalancer used decompiled sources to base his .NET implementation on, he will have to catch up with my changes and bugfixes, and come up with his own solution for the blockchain persistence. And spend time and efforts tracking down and fixing bugs that are already fixed in the Java version, and introduce his own bugs in the process. I really don't see the point.

lead Nxt developer, gpg key id: 0x811D6940E1E4240C
Nxt blockchain platform | Ardor blockchain platform | Ignis ICO
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:00:19 PM

A new video, a new article, a new guerilla whatever is not enough.

Go to big news sites, go to big bitcoin shows, go to big names to talk about NXT.

Does no-one realize that we had enough of videos and articles?
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:01:49 PM

Go to big news sites, go to big bitcoin shows, go to big names to talk about NXT.

We are already sending people to the biggest Bitcoin conferences and might even get a stand and speaker position at these events, but hey we got zero NXT to do it with, so we pay from our own wallet. Isn't that nice and fair?
The guys who do all the work has to pay for it too Smiley
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:04:01 PM

We have a Java server that is getting better every day, what we need is a well designed and fully cross-platform GUI for it, not an alternative implementation.

+1

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:05:47 PM

James

You can either work with salsacz since she will need helps to spend all that 250K or devise your own plan. If the community approved your plan then you can also get 250K to carry our your plan.

You cannot have been following NXT marketing plans at all the last months.
This started over at nextcoin.org, I was asked to be the lead organizer for these things and I said yes. We started and the first videos, infographics, articles, bitcoin conferences, logo etc. was made/decided.
Then me and nifty had a questionaire with over 60 people filling it out asking to be a part of the PR and marketing team, listing their skills and hours available.
We started this, then when I asked for contributions so we can actually pay the workers: CRICKETS; NADA. So we lost tens of people willing to work tens of hours per week because we had zero NXT to give them.

We could've been the most known cryptocurrency by far already if it wsan't for this fuckedup philosophy that a single BTT thread is the God of NXT.

I don't control or allocate NXT fund. But what is in the past is in the past. I think what I explained above seems like what we are heading now, unless you can convince BCNext and Cfb otherwise we are going to work in that type of decentralized fashion.

You can make a plan to ask for funding to pay for the past efforts as well. But it is better to prepare a forward looking plan.

Now let be clear, BCNext and CFb are making all the source codes. They are controlling the common fund. CfB seems like to stay here so I think we can coordinate here as well.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
salsacz

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:07:13 PM

1. Nexern client released and debugged. It has to be perfect.
3. 750k initial budget for marketing released to those chosen as managers. They can start planning and budgeting now though.

you can then add this :
 4 .  1000 NXT to shops that will start accepting NXT to 1000 shops > 1KK NXT
 5 .  1000 NXT to each person that will start a thread on a techie/marketing/webmaster/gambling forum and support it /debate there...

4. I added shops to my list, 5. - it belongs to the Giveaway section, only 1K is too much.
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:07:20 PM

We have a Java server that is getting better every day, what we need is a well designed and fully cross-platform GUI for it, not an alternative implementation.

+1
+1

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

utopianfuture

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:08:15 PM

We are already sending people to the biggest Bitcoin conferences and might even get a stand and speaker position at these events, but hey we got zero NXT to do it with, so we pay from our own wallet. Isn't that nice and fair?
The guys who do all the work has to pay for it too Smiley

You and Niffy could ask for a fund reserved specially for people going to conferences and promote NXT. This could be separated from salsacz's efforts

Devise a plan with funding details, all the conferences and cost. I will support this effort.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

1. Nexern client released and debugged. It has to be perfect.
3. 750k initial budget for marketing released to those chosen as managers. They can start planning and budgeting now though.

you can then add this :
 4 .  1000 NXT to shops that will start accepting NXT to 1000 shops > 1KK NXT
 5 .  1000 NXT to each person that will start a thread on a techie/marketing/webmaster/gambling forum and support it /debate there...

4. I added shops to my list, 5. - it belongs to the Giveaway section, only 1K is too much.
How are we supposed to accept nxt in a shop? I run a cool restaurant in Brooklyn NY, I will gladly accept nxt for payments, for dinner, for giftcards online, for tshirts. but it will all have to be done manually right?

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Pages: « 1 ... 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: