Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:30:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761540 times)
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:08:57 PM

I've been an admin on a big forum (weebl forum in the glory years) for years and basically I dislike the layout and use of nxtcrypto.

It's very hard to keep good track of threads on it and it's hard to read.  Simply having striped posts installed (different tones for alternate posts) would help immensely.

The main thing however would be to actually dó the move. If we are half committed and all tech people stay in here, it just won't happen.

Running a forum is hard work. Getting a crack team of moderators that balance being fun ánd be able to use the whip while being able to withstand some criticism is also hard.

I'm all for moving, but somehow I don't feel either of the forums will work the way they are. (Italic for emphasis)

you can set your own different theme for NXTCrypto.org forums.  I use the prosilver theme which does have that striped alternate posts thing.  Prosilver also is waaaay more efficient on screen real estate

Opti,

lets create on nxtcrypto.org one topic for general chat, just like we do here, if needed each can go to subforum to talk about spicifics.

that way all is in one thread/page

Labteck

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:10:49 PM

We are trapped here,in this thread,ethernally,forever.

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████  █████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████  ██████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████  ███████████████████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
       VIORCOIN[by_conty] ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
        Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:12:15 PM

I've been an admin on a big forum (weebl forum in the glory years) for years and basically I dislike the layout and use of nxtcrypto.

It's very hard to keep good track of threads on it and it's hard to read.  Simply having striped posts installed (different tones for alternate posts) would help immensely.

The main thing however would be to actually dó the move. If we are half committed and all tech people stay in here, it just won't happen.

Running a forum is hard work. Getting a crack team of moderators that balance being fun ánd be able to use the whip while being able to withstand some criticism is also hard.

I'm all for moving, but somehow I don't feel either of the forums will work the way they are. (Italic for emphasis)

you can set your own different theme for NXTCrypto.org forums.  I use the prosilver theme which does have that striped alternate posts thing.  Prosilver also is waaaay more efficient on screen real estate

Opti,

lets create on nxtcrypto.org one topic for general chat, just like we do here, if needed each can go to subforum to talk about spicifics.

And copy-paste all this thread of 1489 pages to new thread Smiley
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:13:14 PM

Opti,

Sure go for it, heck you can even sticky it in general section, not sure if everyone will come over though
marek3ball

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:13:31 PM

forging next is a joke if you dont havemillions..
let the millionare stackholders do the dirty job and run the java shity client...they arethe only who earn money forging
I quit to open java client because simply i didnt forge anything.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your tone here, but forging NXT is no different than bitcoin in that you need money to make money... you gotta have $10,000 USD to buy a Neptune mining rig (or whatever the f*ck they're called these days).

Buying an $89 USB ASIC does not launch a career in mining, nor in forging.

Nxt isn't magic for beginners with no money but hopes of making a career out of skimming fees.

Nxt is all about forward-thinking features and a group of people that bust their asses because we don't have crutches like memes or pseudo-celebrity coin logos.

The main difference why miners hate nxt is that you can spend $1500 and start script mining on an old computer. After short time you will mine your investment and start mining clear carbon Wink money.

Today when you invest $1500 and buy NXT, you will forge nothing. Maybe it will change in the future ... every 1000 years you will forge one huge block?

Could somebody explain to the happy miners why should they buy NXT instead of mining?
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:18:14 PM

Listen, everybody. There is way to transport you SECURELY to a new forum. Don't worry. See you on the other side.

Hope you get there in one piece Smiley

Angry .testing further needs this think I .me with wrong something is There .Damn
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:19:12 PM

forging next is a joke if you dont havemillions..
let the millionare stackholders do the dirty job and run the java shity client...they arethe only who earn money forging
I quit to open java client because simply i didnt forge anything.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your tone here, but forging NXT is no different than bitcoin in that you need money to make money... you gotta have $10,000 USD to buy a Neptune mining rig (or whatever the f*ck they're called these days).

Buying an $89 USB ASIC does not launch a career in mining, nor in forging.

Nxt isn't magic for beginners with no money but hopes of making a career out of skimming fees.

Nxt is all about forward-thinking features and a group of people that bust their asses because we don't have crutches like memes or pseudo-celebrity coin logos.

The main difference why miners hate nxt is that you can spend $1500 and start script mining on an old computer. After short time you will mine your investment and start mining clear carbon Wink money.

Today when you invest $1500 and buy NXT, you will forge nothing. Maybe it will change in the future ... every 1000 years you will forge one huge block?

Could somebody explain to the happy miners why should they buy NXT instead of mining?

At this point: as an investment. If all goes as expected, you will make back your investment on increase in value of Nxt itself.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:19:37 PM

They shouldn't. Ppl with "miner" mentality r not welcome. We need open-minded ones.
ChuckOne

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:24:17 PM

They shouldn't. Ppl with "miner" mentality r not welcome. We need open-minded ones.
Come on. Everybody should be welcome. It's just that they need some adjustment of their attitude.

@marek3ball
Because they can "mine" without wasting power. Good for their bill and good for the environment, so good for business.
Labteck

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:28:58 PM

I suppose (hey im not sure) that open minders will like to ern some good money too.
or maybe they will forge only for love

Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
marek3ball

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:31:00 PM

+1 Nxt

Will it be in the high traffic future possible to forge money with less than 50K or 10K NXT? After year or two from now?

If yes, new interested people should know the situation now. Otherwise they will not come.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:35:12 PM

If yes, new interested people should know the situation now. Otherwise they will not come.

They will come. They'll have no choice.
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:36:09 PM

Hi guys,

Just saw this one the nextcoin forums. Has this been seen yet?
Can anyone give him an answer? Seems like a "hidden" cost for most users.

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3755.0.html

Is there any way to reduce or outright throttle bandwidth usage of the NXT client?

I've been running NXT client on Windows since mid Dec, upgrading to newest version when new ones are out.  The client uses between 150KB/s to 500KB/s.  This works out to 390GB to 1.2TB(!) per month.  My ISP charges dearly for exceeding 300GB/mo.  I first found this out because in Jan I unexpectedly hit 500GB of usage - thanks largely to NXT client.  In the first 10 hours of the new month, NXT client (now version 0.5.11) has already racked up 18GB of transfers.

I have high confidence in this next-gen currency, and want to participate in the network. And I don't want to lose NXT due to transparent forging penalties if I don't participate. But I can't pay Comcast another $50-200+ a month to be able to run such a bandwidth hungry app.

Please let me know any way to reduce the NXT client bandwidth consumption, and/or to set explicit throttle limits on it.  My apologies if this should be common knowledge, but I've already searched these forums and general internet for throttling or bandwidth related docs or posts and found nothing.  Thanks.

silence.... Roll Eyes

were is the great messias now?

BTW coudnt you wait to expose this till I was done selling, now everyone will start selling damn

and there is more... just wait...

Roll Eyes ?
tylerbrad85

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

Hi guys,

Just saw this one the nextcoin forums. Has this been seen yet?
Can anyone give him an answer? Seems like a "hidden" cost for most users.

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3755.0.html

Is there any way to reduce or outright throttle bandwidth usage of the NXT client?

I've been running NXT client on Windows since mid Dec, upgrading to newest version when new ones are out.  The client uses between 150KB/s to 500KB/s.  This works out to 390GB to 1.2TB(!) per month.  My ISP charges dearly for exceeding 300GB/mo.  I first found this out because in Jan I unexpectedly hit 500GB of usage - thanks largely to NXT client.  In the first 10 hours of the new month, NXT client (now version 0.5.11) has already racked up 18GB of transfers.

I have high confidence in this next-gen currency, and want to participate in the network. And I don't want to lose NXT due to transparent forging penalties if I don't participate. But I can't pay Comcast another $50-200+ a month to be able to run such a bandwidth hungry app.

Please let me know any way to reduce the NXT client bandwidth consumption, and/or to set explicit throttle limits on it.  My apologies if this should be common knowledge, but I've already searched these forums and general internet for throttling or bandwidth related docs or posts and found nothing.  Thanks.

silence.... Roll Eyes

were is the great messias now?

BTW coudnt you wait to expose this till I was done selling, now everyone will start selling damn

and there is more... just wait...

Roll Eyes ?

Can I see your NXT account lol.

Just put everything on bter please  Grin
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:39:04 PM

Can I see your NXT account lol.

Just put everything on bter please  Grin

He can't. He sold at 0.05 and now wants lower price to buy back.  Grin
ChuckOne

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:39:30 PM

+1 Nxt

Will it be in the high traffic future possible to forge money with less than 50K or 10K NXT? After year or two from now?

I would say, it's possible. Pooling is also possible. So, they will feel like being at home.

Just spread the news about NXT and let them decide.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:40:10 PM

+1 Nxt

We expect a solid 60 sec blocktime for the future, see my calc here https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=733 for forging calculator.

Even if you will only forge a block every few days, future possibility is for a massive rate of transactions and their associated fees.  So that block you forge could have quite a number of transactions in it

Then there is the possibility to get in on a pool that uses a service provider for a 1Mtps node, which could be lucrative.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:40:18 PM

Stop quoting him pls.!

edit: I mean the mule

Labteck

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:40:48 PM

They will come. They'll have no choice.

when skynet will be ready?  genesis account will come alive in block 150.000  ?

Make International Calls
      Cheap and More Secure
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:44:35 PM

when skynet will be ready?  genesis account will come alive in block 150.000  ?

Skynet is ready. BCNext won't release it until he is satisfied with distribution of coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: