Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:21:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved)  (Read 64748 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 06:20:38 AM

Time from payment to shipping to the US?

You can find out by reading our delivery and returns policy linked at the bottom of the site: https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:46:27 PM

Hi there.

Order number 918 here.

Placed order on the 6th.

Paid for expedited international mail (not cheap)

Received fabrication notice in email on the 9th (great thinks me)

Received another email today (the 15th, a whole week nearly after getting the fabrication notice) saying that order numbers up to order 915 are being worked on and anything after may not be going out untill the 23rd due to a reduced staff capacity and recuction in fabrication.

So is my order getting made at this minute in time or is it not scheduled to hit the production line for another while? I thought it was actually in the machine shop and getting chopped to size once I received the fabrication notice?

If my order hasn't begun to take shape could I request a full BTC refund. Its just taking that bit longer than I can deal with. Sorry for any inconvenience

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 01:55:53 PM

Hi there.

Order number 918 here.

Placed order on the 6th.

Paid for expedited international mail (not cheap)

Received fabrication notice in email on the 9th (great thinks me)

Received another email today (the 15th, a whole week nearly after getting the fabrication notice) saying that order numbers up to order 915 are being worked on and anything after may not be going out untill the 23rd due to a reduced staff capacity and recuction in fabrication.

So is my order getting made at this minute in time or is it not scheduled to hit the production line for another while? I thought it was actually in the machine shop and getting chopped to size once I received the fabrication notice?

If my order hasn't begun to take shape could I request a full BTC refund. Its just taking that bit longer than I can deal with. Sorry for any inconvenience

It will be through fabrication within the timeline indicated on our delivery and returns policy (https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6) - here's a cut-and-paste in case you didn't read it when you agreed to it during checkout:

Fabrication and Shipping Timelines

We provide custom built and on-demand products. When you place an order with us and have paid for it, it is scheduled for production. In the event of it being a standard item, it may take up to 8 working days to put your item together. If it is a custom order it may take up to 14 working days to be fabricated. From time to time due to circumstances outside of our control there may be a delay in fabrication due to a stock outage on a component or due to public holidays. We do our absolute best to meet our fabrication timelines, and will always let customers know as soon as we can if there are any delays. Once your order is completed, quality checked, and packaged, it will be shipped out to you via the shipping method chosen during checkout.

Just to be clear, it's been 4 working days since then, and as Monday is a public holiday we will still fall within the stated fabrication timeline if it's out by the end of this coming week. Hope this clarifies things for you:)

bowen151

Activity: 658

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:10:33 PM

Ok then, I understand custom work takes time. Send it on once its "ready".

I was irritated to see that days ago I get the fabrication notice and then today I get another saying that it will take even longer than it should

Thanks for the updates though, they are appreciated.

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 02:12:21 PM

Ok then, I understand custom work takes time. Send it on once its "ready".

I was irritated to see that days ago I get the fabrication notice and then today I get another saying that it will take even longer than it should

Thanks for the updates though, they are appreciated.

Ah - not to worry, today's email was just a general update for all our buyers, we're generally on track for most orders, especially with regards to the fabrication side of things:)

TerraHasher

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 01:31:41 AM

Any update on a possible V2 blade rig being designed? Anything i can do to speed that along?

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
grobbes

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:55:54 AM

Looking solid. Placed an order today!
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:40:23 AM

Would love pics of the grid setup?
If you guys are this slow to fabricate, why are you not prebuilding at this point?
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 06:51:11 AM

Would love pics of the grid setup?
If you guys are this slow to fabricate, why are you not prebuilding at this point?

We're working on some more pics - it's taken a backseat to getting orders out:)

Fabrication really isn't our hold-up at the moment, although we go into a slow-down from Friday when most of the staff go on leave. We won't ever pre-build because of the costs associated with that and the risk of wasted stock. I'm assuming you've never run a manufacturing business, and won't be familiar with the principles of Lean Manufacturing. The Wikipedia article is a good start if you're interested. One of our particular focus areas is on JIT manufacturing (Just-In-Time) - again, the Wikipedia article is a good start.

As time progresses we will work on a smaller tail for JIT measurement, but this early on we were ill-prepared for the rush of orders. We've only opened our doors to orders for 2.5 weeks, there is no way we could've expected or planned for over 1000 orders in 17 days:)

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 06:52:32 AM

Any update on a possible V2 blade rig being designed? Anything i can do to speed that along?

Prototyping with cardboard sucks - short of getting ASICMiner to send me some burnt out, unrepairable backplanes and boards (I'll cover the shipping) there's nothing much we can do except finalise our prototype and send it to our testee to see how it holds up.

sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 12:00:02 PM

what's the shipping cost for those to Europe within a week?

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 02:59:52 PM

what's the shipping cost for those to Europe within a week?

You can read the delivery and returns policy linked at the bottom of the site for an overview of our processes and expected timelines. Pricing depends on where in Europe:) The easiest way to find out is to add the items you want to your cart, then when you view your cart you can use the Shipping Estimator to see your options and their price.

nvandertill

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:40:18 PM

lol. Poor fluffypony.

People just don't read do they.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 05:41:08 PM

lol. Poor fluffypony.

People just don't read do they.

It's ok - I'm getting REALLY good at copying and pasting:)

nvandertill

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:04:15 AM

Okay this might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer on the site. These are built to fit a regular ATX form factor motherboard, correct?
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 05:09:56 AM

Okay this might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer on the site. These are built to fit a regular ATX form factor motherboard, correct?

Yes, ATX, micro-ATX and mini-ATX will all fit:)

SneakyNinjA

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:49:27 PM

Since it has been ~1 week since fluffy said the first 450 orders have been shipped... Any pictures or reviews of what has arrived?
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 08:41:42 PM

Since it has been ~1 week since fluffy said the first 450 orders have been shipped... Any pictures or reviews of what has arrived?

I doubt it would've arrived that quickly - maybe some of the guys who chose EMS will have it at customs in their country already, but the regular surface mail guys will still be waiting;) But pictures you want, and so pictures you will get!

This is how we transport the cut aluminium - fresh load of packing boxes and dividers are visible on the side

Final steps before packing: putting stickers on, checking the brass standoffs

Wow...such mascot...much useful...wow

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

Wooohoo!! Im in the low 800's and im hoping to break out the fab line soon, those pics are making me drooool!!!   Grin

(shouldve ordered 2)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
TerraHasher

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:17:54 PM

Well FluffyPony you might just be in luck, i just had a blade quite literally burn out small flame and all. It managed to take the power supply down with it, but the backplane still tested good when i plugged another blade into it to test it so i do not have a dead one of those yet, and dont really want to sacrifice one of those that are working. I am very much in need of an open air solution to my several V2 blade farms, and like your quality so might a propose the following.

IF you cover the shipping, i will send you a dead PSU, 1 version 2 blade, and a working backplane. In exchange, when you have a production model finished, you will send me 1 in exchange for the $120 backplane i sacrificed for the sake of having a solid solution for the community.  Or, i can make a plexiglass replica of the backplane for you and ship that so you have a rigid template to work from and if you cover the shipping for all of it i will just buy my first one to make sure they all fit then order a few dozen more for my own stock and to sell some locally in the USA for USA customers that want either overnight or 3-4 day shipping.

Just message me with what you would like to do.

Donations: 1A8anGihV3pvHeuhqzGsAjt2S71WY2qea4
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: