Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:44:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved)  (Read 64748 times)
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 09:12:11 PM

We have checked with them, and we are expecting final tracking numbers from customs on your parcel within the next few working days, after which we will update your order.

Warm Regards,

My reality:  I got the tracking but its from a May 2013 shipment to someone else.  Their explanation is that SA Post "recycles" tracking numbers and said it would update in 2-3 days.  Its now been 6 going on 7 days where my tracking has not been updated.  I'm really feeling screwed from doing business with this company as I've now had said hardware for months that I didn't want to bother having to gery-rig with milkcrates and other bullshit because I thought I was getting the product within a reasonable time frame.  Now I'm wishing I just built the thing myself as I could have probably done it with plywood, a hacksaw, wood screws, and an electric powerdrill.

Uh no dude, per the email when you were sent your tracking number: "NB: Due to the current post office strike, the domestic tracking site may not work and your order may not track for several working days. We are using side channels to try and get parcels prioritised and processed as quickly as possible despite the strike, though, so your order should not be unduly delayed."

If you've had your hardware for months and you wanted this "within a reasonable time frame" it would probably have been a good idea to choose a shipping method that doesn't have a transit time of well over a month...Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 09:14:41 PM

Their system suck ...  even an idiot can go to your own "webpage" and enter dispatched and a date.  Anything else is lame excuses.

this will stop 99% of the rants .. having to beg for information is retard and you .. not us .. you need to fix this.

read and learn ...

_______________________________________________________________________________ ___

Donna at OpenRigs (info@openrigs.com)

Add to contacts

05/02/2014

To: ****

Picture of Donna at OpenRigs

Hello ***** ,

We have checked with them, and we are expecting final tracking numbers from customs on your parcel within the next few working days, after which we will update your order.

Warm Regards,

Donna
The OpenRigs Team

_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Guess what ..... No Update, No Response

PS ...

And KWH I do have a order number 1185 but you would have known that if you gave a **** as per the failed responses
from customers service.

I will have a "full refund" (unless you want to blame this on a "transaction malleability problem") if this items not proven that its is in transit and then I'll go a buy a frame from someone who gives and **** and basic shipping information.

I misunderstood - I thought you were complaining about the tracking not updating:) Your order was updated 2 days after that mail - if you haven't received the update or can't see it when you login please pm me and I'll send you your tracking number. It's 11pm here so I'm hitting the hay, but will pick this thread up tomorrow.

kimpeck

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:18:57 PM

I misunderstood - I thought you were complaining about the tracking not updating:) Your order was updated 2 days after that mail - if you haven't received the update or can't see it when you login please pm me and I'll send you your tracking number. It's 11pm here so I'm hitting the hay, but will pick this thread up tomorrow.

There is no update showing on the website.  The last update was 4 weeks earlier.
ycsi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:45:14 PM

If you've had your hardware for months and you wanted this "within a reasonable time frame" it would probably have been a good idea to choose a shipping method that doesn't have a transit time of well over a month...Smiley

Hey fluffy, I've been reading all this from the beginning and waiting patiently for my order to be processed. But, now I have to say something...

Your last comment is not cool. If someone choose regular shipping over very expensive expedited services, you don't have to be a smart ass about it.

Price, with regular shipping cost is acceptable for product like yours, but price with expedited shipping is definitely not very attractive. If that was my only choice, I wouldn't buy from you, for sure.

Now, it appears that regular shipping takes months, not weeks, while your website portrays different picture. Excuses, like holidays, illegal strikes, etc, are just that, excuses. Not to mentioned that I haven't seen any warning on your website about these issues. There is no any indication that customs pre-clearance (never heard of this before) may take many, many days. Also, now that pictures of received parcels are out there, why don' you include one of them on your website, next to that nice infographics at https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6

From your website:
Shipping via regular surface mail typically takes up to 6 weeks (longer if there are import delays at the destination country), and via courier typically takes a week or two at the most. Somewhat in the middle is EMS, which normally takes 2-4 weeks to arrive. Note that these timelines are from the day it leaves the country, and excludes the scheduling phase, fabrication, and customs pre-clearance.

All in, for standard items, you are looking at 14-30 working days for it to arrive, sooner if you opt for expedited shipping (EMS) or courier service (not available to all countries). In extremely rare circumstances parcels are held-up by customs at their destination country. In the event that a parcel is well and truly lost, don't worry, all of our shipping options include insurance, and we will replace your order free-of-charge once the relevant paperwork has been received from your local postal service. Our shipping is 100% transparent with various options available at checkout, but as we are shipping from South Africa you may need to pay for customs or import duties at the country of arrival.

For the record, my order is #1333 (08/01/2014). I have opened a ticket (XJP-LMXRU-597) with no response yet.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:42:01 AM

If you live in USA, Order from hashratesolutions.com and request an 8gpu frame.  They confirmed that they COULD do an 8 GPU frame within a timeframe of 1 week.  My shipping quote is only $15.00.  I get it fluffy, there is a postal strike with unforeseen circumstances, but that doesn't mean you bash me for choosing a standard shipping method.  As the other person said, I already felt like 55 dollars was stretching it a bit that's already 2/3rds the cost of the unit itself.  I only chose to go with you because you appear to have a well built product that would conform to my gpu rig that is still boxed.  The common consensus here seems to be that standard SA postal is 6 weeks or more which would put my package at the middle to end of March at best case scenario which is CRAZY

For the record, this is the entirety (omitting my specific info like tracking) of what I was sent:

Order ID: 14XX
Date Ordered: 13/01/2014

Your order has been updated to the following status:
Shipped to customer

The comments for your order are:

We've gotten your tracking number back from customs, and your parcel is on its way to you:)

NB: Due to the current post office strike, the domestic tracking site may not work and your order may not track for several working days. We are using side channels to try and get parcels prioritised and processed as quickly as possible despite the strike, though, so your order should not be unduly delayed.

Please note: in order to streamline the import process, we have declared the contents of your parcel as "Computer Spare Parts".

In order to track your order, within 48 hours you will be able to use the tracking link below to follow its progress. PLEASE NOTE: some tracking numbers are put back in the tracking pool, so if you see tracking data that is old (months or years old), please disregard it and only pay attention to the most current tracking information.

If you've chosen the cheapest shipping option, it can take some time, and is a process outside of our control. If, after a few weeks, it hasn't moved since its last update, you can check with your local postal service to find out if it has arrived in the country and has been held up anywhere, as they are in the best position to advise.

If, for any reason, your parcel goes missing - please do not panic:) All of our parcels are shipped with insurance, and in the event of loss or damage we are able to claim from the post office or courier service. We will not EVER leave you high-and-dry, and will make sure that you receive your goods!

and

You can track your package on this page:

NB: Please note that orders sent out via SAPO parcel services and EMS may take two or three days to reflect on the South African post office's tracking system - please be patient if their system indicates that the package cannot be found. Once you can see the tracking info on their website, you will see that the most recent tracking item will be listed at the top (NOT at the bottom) of the list.

Once you see the line item that says 'Insert item into bag out' you will no longer be able to track the parcel domestically, as it will have left the country.

Being frustrated I reached out to a USA open frame shop requesting that they make me a custom 8 gpu frame this is my response:

Frankenmint,

We are interested in building a 8 GPU frame for you.  To err on the side of safety and full disclosure, our lead time is currently 7 business days from the date of order.  Meaning your order will be shipped and built by February 24.  Depending on our suppliers, it is possible for this build to ship out faster.  We will keep you updated in process.  

If interested, we would offer you this build at our standard rate of $154.99(Unfinished Aluminum) or $159.99(Black Anodized) in exchange for 2 small Bitcoin lapel pins you offer on your website honeybadgerofmoney.com.  Looking forward to working with you!

-Mark
mark@hashratesolutions.com  

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Frankenmint <admin@honeybadgerofmoney.com> wrote:
I’m highly upset from this company and their delay.  I cannot find an 8 card open frame setup, would you build one and I’ll buy it?

https://openrigs.com/vitalia-standalone-gpu-frame

(my retail price is 15 each for those pins which you could say would make this frame cost 189 plus shipping of $15 puts it at a total likely cost of $205, I paid $179 and its been a month out, this rig could have earned maybe 700 dollars from the 20 days of mining time I would have gained by going with that company instead)  

In all fairness, I look forward to reviewing these units both, side by side.  Could I have simply used Detrius's Guide?: Yes, Could I have simply used Milk Crates alone and called it a day?: Yes, but I wanted to support the bitcoin ecosystem and at the same time, I ordered that first frame from them thinking it could maybe get here within the 2nd week of February thinking that could be reasonable. by the way, using Zoomhash.com I put together the entire setup for a little over 4 grand.  I don't think I will buy another rig though, as I'm also getting into scrypt asics soon - I would like to be able to run this GPU rig Ive got currently though, you know, cleanly without milk crates, cardboard, going through the pains of creating a frame when I have ZERO hardware to do it.  

xU2

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:25:01 AM

Hey fluffy, I've been reading all this from the beginning and waiting patiently for my order to be processed. But, now I have to say something...

Your last comment is not cool. If someone choose regular shipping over very expensive expedited services, you don't have to be a smart ass about it.

Price, with regular shipping cost is acceptable for product like yours, but price with expedited shipping is definitely not very attractive. If that was my only choice, I wouldn't buy from you, for sure.

Now, it appears that regular shipping takes months, not weeks, while your website portrays different picture. Excuses, like holidays, illegal strikes, etc, are just that, excuses. Not to mentioned that I haven't seen any warning on your website about these issues. There is no any indication that customs pre-clearance (never heard of this before) may take many, many days. Also, now that pictures of received parcels are out there, why don' you include one of them on your website, next to that nice infographics at https://openrigs.com/information/information&information_id=6

From your website:
Shipping via regular surface mail typically takes up to 6 weeks (longer if there are import delays at the destination country), and via courier typically takes a week or two at the most. Somewhat in the middle is EMS, which normally takes 2-4 weeks to arrive. Note that these timelines are from the day it leaves the country, and excludes the scheduling phase, fabrication, and customs pre-clearance.

All in, for standard items, you are looking at 14-30 working days for it to arrive, sooner if you opt for expedited shipping (EMS) or courier service (not available to all countries). In extremely rare circumstances parcels are held-up by customs at their destination country. In the event that a parcel is well and truly lost, don't worry, all of our shipping options include insurance, and we will replace your order free-of-charge once the relevant paperwork has been received from your local postal service. Our shipping is 100% transparent with various options available at checkout, but as we are shipping from South Africa you may need to pay for customs or import duties at the country of arrival.

For the record, my order is #1333 (08/01/2014). I have opened a ticket (XJP-LMXRU-597) with no response yet.

Fluffy likes to be a smart ass a lot if you read over all the pages and about time someone calls this ricardo aka fluffy idiot out

go order from these guys http://miner-case.com/ and get your case in less then a week
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 01:59:57 AM

137 USD to be shipped certainly isnt bad...too bad they won't do USA shipping outside of Europe for other folks to have their options.  Also spotswood does cases too:

http://richchomiczewski.wordpress.com/

His are limited to 6 GPUs and yours are limited to 4.  Keep this in mind for your rig.

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:02:52 AM

Gotta love it... evidently mine was shipped (Order 752, that I made on black friday) at the end of january... and has sat in Cape Town since then. As someone who ships things around the world... not acceptable.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:26:42 AM

From your website:

That comment wasn't meant to be a smart ass comment - I was merely pointing out that there seems to be no correlation between his expectation and the shipping method.

There was no mention of the strike on the delivery and returns policy because it only affected a portion of parcels by delaying their ability to be processed and track - there's no use warning people who are about to order, as by the time their parcel ships the strike will be over, and people who have already ordered won't go check the delivery and returns policy page for updates.

Surface mail delivery is hugely unpredictable. We have a customer in Germany that received it via surface mail in 4 weeks. We have customers in the US that received it after 6 weeks. Thus, per the suggestion that has been made previously in this thread, we increased our estimated transit time for surface mail to 6-10 weeks to cover eventualities. I certainly don't begrudge anyone who chooses surface mail shipping, but then there has to be a correlation between the expected arrival and the shipping method chosen.

Thanks for giving me your ticket number - looks like we have tickets getting flagged as spam, I thought we'd removed all the false positives but it looks like there are a bunch in there again. I think we're just going to turn spam filtering off for OpenRigs tickets for a while.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:27:53 AM

Fluffy likes to be a smart ass a lot if you read over all the pages and about time someone calls this ricardo aka fluffy idiot out

go order from these guys http://miner-case.com/ and get your case in less then a week

Strawman attack from a user registered a few days ago? Ok, buddy.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:30:31 AM

Gotta love it... evidently mine was shipped (Order 752, that I made on black friday) at the end of january... and has sat in Cape Town since then. As someone who ships things around the world... not acceptable.

It's been touched on in this thread, but quite far back - once it says "insert item into bag out" it means it's left the country. If you track your shipment on UPU's global track and trace (http://globaltracktrace.ptc.post/gtt.web/) you'll see it says that "Departure from outward office of exchange" the day after it arrived in Cape Town, so it's on its way.

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:34:10 AM

Hi, could you update me on the status of order 1221? The tracking number you provided doesn't work.

I ordered on the 31st of December last year, you are really testing my patience!
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 05:36:20 AM

Hi, could you update me on the status of order 1221? The tracking number you provided doesn't work.

I ordered on the 31st of December last year, you are really testing my patience!

Did you not receive the reply to your ticket? I can link you to the ticket if you need?

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:03:04 AM

Did you not receive the reply to your ticket? I can link you to the ticket if you need?

I did receive the reply, however I didn't see a new tracking number.

Thank you.
snicklefritz

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:26:16 AM

Could I please get an update on order #1327 or an acknowledgement of ticket AXO-YACUZ-482 which was created over a week ago?

I'm going to have to open a PayPal dispute soon as it's coming up on the 45 day limit (currently day 40?) and as far as I can tell it hasn't even left the country yet?

I'm sure there are just some "minor delays" at customs and a tracking number will be provided soon, but I still need to cover myself - just in case.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:29:17 AM

Hey all - OpenRigs.com provides flat-packed aluminium frames for GPU altcoin miners, and we'd love you to take a look at our product offering.

For the FPGA and ASIC Bitcoin miners out there, we'd love to hear what your requirements are for frames. What equipment are you using that you'd like to house in an OpenRigs frame?

Engage us, and if you suggest something that we can put together and sell (and is in demand;) we'll send you a frame to beta test for us at no charge!

Any questions? Hit me up here or at ric@openrigs.com
Pictures somehow not visible to me can you re upload.
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:42:57 AM

Could I please get an update on order #1327 or an acknowledgement of ticket AXO-YACUZ-482 which was created over a week ago?

I'm going to have to open a PayPal dispute soon as it's coming up on the 45 day limit (currently day 40?) and as far as I can tell it hasn't even left the country yet?

I'm sure there are just some "minor delays" at customs and a tracking number will be provided soon, but I still need to cover myself - just in case.

If you've got an open ticket it'll be responded to today - looks like we have just under 100 tickets incorrectly flagged as spam that I've just moved into the open queue, so the support team will have their work cut out for them;)

As a technical side note: someone added a SpamAssassin rule to check for malformed dates, which seems to have marked about 70% of our support mails as spam.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 06:43:43 AM

Pictures somehow not visible to me can you re upload.

Bitcointalk's image proxy is temperamental - you can download the product pics directly: https://openrigs.com/download/productpics.zip

xU2

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:59:44 AM

so how legit is this scam company? seems nobody is getting shit
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:04:13 PM

so how legit is this scam company? seems nobody is getting shit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: