Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:31:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved)  (Read 64748 times)
PotatoMcGruff

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:16:38 PM

Ever think of putting together a rack mount-able GPU setup solution?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joshvette001

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:54:32 PM

I have been in communication with them back and forth. It did seem to take a bit longer than it was suppose to actually ship out and clear customs.

Here is the tracking information on mine - http://sms.postoffice.co.za/tracking/parcel.aspx?id=CN028932165ZA

So it looks like it has left the country on the 14th. I have checked the USPS website now https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!input.action?tRef=qt&tLc=0&tLabels=CN028932165ZA+

nothing has shown up for being received in the USA. I completely understand ground shipping takes a while just its insane how slow this post office is... I can order direct from China and have their ground shipping service get here within 2 weeks of going out of the country.

I know this isn't fluffy's fault but I am just at a huge shock as to how long it seems that their post office takes. I am a bit concerned that no tracking information has updated in 2 weeks so I am curious if they are swimming the packages over on someones back to the USA or what lol.

Anyways just wanted to post that tid bit of information for anyone wondering how long it seems to take. This was a black Friday order also just a FYI. I believe I was in the 700 range for order numbers.
sabd

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:03:19 PM

I've got a Black Friday order still awaiting delivery. Waiting over two months for a product and people here are so relaxed about it - it's truly bizarre. What are you guys smoking?
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:13:44 PM

I've got a Black Friday order still awaiting delivery. Waiting over two months for a product and people here are so relaxed about it - it's truly bizarre. What are you guys smoking?

Eh, what am I going to do about it?  Call up the cargo ship and tell them to hurry the hell up?

I had a Black Friday order, too.  I chose the shipping method, Openrigs made the product and shipped it with the method I paid for... should I start raising hell because I didn't realize that it would take longer than I thought?  I guess I could, but it does not solve anything at all.

Openrigs has done nothing besides what I agreed to, and Fluffy's customer service is outstanding.  I couldn't be happier with the way he has handled things.  The South African Post Office on the other hand... whew they are substandard to say the least!

I'd have paid extra for shipping if I knew it would take this long.  Lesson learned.
Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:15:55 PM

Wasn't a "need" order for me.  More of an impulse buy.  I may be impatient, but the wait isn't really hampering me any.  With the use of paypal and a CC, I can dispute any time, so I'm not really worried about fraud either.

I know not everybody is like that, but just what I'm smoking.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:26:43 PM

Ask for a refund and consider better shipping options in the future.

Quote from: sabd on Today at 10:03:19 PM

Eh, what am I going to do about it?  Call up the cargo ship and tell them to hurry the hell up?

I had a Black Friday order, too.  I chose the shipping method, Openrigs made the product and shipped it with the method I paid for... should I start raising hell because I didn't realize that it would take longer than I thought?  I guess I could, but it does not solve anything at all.

Openrigs has done nothing besides what I agreed to, and Fluffy's customer service is outstanding.  I couldn't be happier with the way he has handled things.  The South African Post Office on the other hand... whew they are substandard to say the least!

I'd have paid extra for shipping if I knew it would take this long.  Lesson learned.

Exactly. I am also waiting for my order.

Posted by: Zoella

Quote from: sabd on Today at 10:03:19 PM

Wasn't a "need" order for me.  More of an impulse buy.  I may be impatient, but the wait isn't really hampering me any.  With the use of paypal and a CC, I can dispute any time, so I'm not really worried about fraud either.

I know not everybody is like that, but just what I'm smoking.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:24:20 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 08:06:38 AM by zedicus

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/Sl0Rc/all

Those frames are really easy to put together and even easier to correct mistakes should you make any.

I'm thinking about buying some 4 way connectors to allow myself to stack the 2 frames I have. It would be very simple to do, also doubling up on motherboards and PSUs for maximum hardware density is an idea im toying with.

Openrigs.com is legit and they created and shipped the items they said they would.

Overall they look like great finished products.

Verdict: Happy with them so far... I'll know more once I start adding components to them.

Looks like those are first pics in the wild?

Was your order # range?
What date did you order?
What area of the globe are you in?

Thanks for putting up photos..  Let us know how the doubling up of mobos and cards go.

Ive been breaking fluffys balls for the last page or two.. only because i know he gives a shit! They got swamped and became hostage to customs during holidays..

wtf do you expect people to do.. throw a tantrum, stomp feet? Shall i call fluffy names?

Hey fluffy .. your momma so  ....   ( really ?)

---

At day 45 after 0 communication i hit up support like wtf! That was my last day to file a claim. They replied immediately & said they said they sent out emails and i looked in my spam folder and saw an email saying they shipped 20 days ago but after checking tracking the package was stuck at customs!

The only grown up thing to do was realize that shit happens and wait for the product. The product was built to order .. they arent hoarding stock.  I think fluffy has done a pretty good job of dealing with the trolls and responding to questions and trying to be as communicative as he can! I know because ive been keeping an eagle eye on this thread and lurking when im busy.

Im not happy that i dont have product in hand .. lets not get it twisted.  ---->>  But it doesnt mean i have to be rude or it doesnt mean i cant be reasonable. They are trying their best! Contact support.. its not like they are mia or not returning emails and inquiry's!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Lynxh

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:55:55 AM

Just placed an order, #1543. Any chance of seeing a HDD tray/mount add-on anytime?

Also, whoever has their openrig up and running, post pics so I have something to see while I wait patiently for mine.  Cheesy
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:41:09 AM

Just placed an order, #1543. Any chance of seeing a HDD tray/mount add-on anytime?

Also, whoever has their openrig up and running, post pics so I have something to see while I wait patiently for mine.  Cheesy

We have like 2 in stock whilst we're waiting for more from the supplier - if you hit the support team up on info@openrigs.com they will quote you on the tray(s) Smiley

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:53:21 PM

Exactly. Live and learn, no harm no foul.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:09:28 PM

If you want a little lol at our post office's expense: http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php/topic,7266.0.html Wink

jumpmanjay

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:14:48 PM

If you want a little lol at our post office's expense: http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php/topic,7266.0.html Wink
Cheesy Well, that's one way to do it.

CoinTrader - Trade digital currency on Android via Cryptsy!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.cointrader

BitPredict - Trade your favorite events on Android via Predictious!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sedailabs.bitpredict
Damnsammit

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:17:06 PM

hahahahahaha!  That's awesome!

I really hope my package arrives with that many stamps on it Smiley
bowen151

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Caveat Emptor

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:02:08 PM

Was your order # range?
What date did you order?
Thanks for putting up photos..  Let us know how the doubling up of mobos and cards go.

Order ID: 918
Date Added: 06/12/2013 (with the expedited shipping it arrived on 20/01/2014)
Ireland

No problem at all Zed. Once I get a "normal" rig set up with the frame I'll add better photos and also see about doubling up on everything. Thanks!

I really wasnt expecting a box covered in stamps like that either lol, couldnt believe how many they stuck on my parcel

-Buying/Selling graphics cards every month
--Buying BTC every month £/$/€200+ wanted
---UK based re-seller of physical bitcoins  Click here to buy
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:47:33 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 11:12:05 PM by zedicus

Its been around the world like the package in the wire! ( if you seen the wire before its even more funny )

lol  Grin

Edit:

Was your order # range?
What date did you order?
Thanks for putting up photos..  Let us know how the doubling up of mobos and cards go.

Order ID: 918
Date Added: 06/12/2013 (with the expedited shipping it arrived on 20/01/2014)
Ireland

No problem at all Zed. Once I get a "normal" rig set up with the frame I'll add better photos and also see about doubling up on everything. Thanks!

I really wasnt expecting a box covered in stamps like that either lol, couldnt believe how many they stuck on my parcel

Thanks for that! Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
nvandertill

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:09:22 PM

Holy shit, that's ridiculous. They don't have some sort of printed postage system?
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:10:57 PM

Holy shit, that's ridiculous. They don't have some sort of printed postage system?

They do, but apparently it's easier and faster for them to use stamps. I just smile and wave;)

Edit: forgot that they also do it to meet their stamp quota or something.

sabd

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:28:17 PM

Actually, I paid for expedited shipping and this "brilliant customer service" you talk about - I don't seem to be getting any of it. Two emails ignored so far - including one asking for a refund. Oh, but wait - it must be my fault because an Openrigs fanboy says they rock.

Damnsammit

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:39:21 PM

Actually, I paid for expedited shipping and this "brilliant customer service" you talk about - I don't seem to be getting any of it. Two emails ignored so far - including one asking for a refund. Oh, but wait - it must be my fault because an Openrigs fanboy says they rock.

Ahhh, I gotcha, bro.  You got a case of the MPH*.

Sorry, didn't realize that. 

*My Pussy Hurts
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 04:45:52 AM

Please could you let me know your ticket numbers for the two emails that we're ignored? For something like that we go straight for disciplinary action and a written warning for the employee. Two written warnings leads to a final written warning on the next offense, which leads to termination on the next, so we take this extremely seriously.

Also - if you could let me know your order number I can investigate it and see why it hasn't arrived:)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: