Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (old OR thread, closed and moved)  (Read 64748 times)
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:41:36 PM

Would be bad ass if you built a model that will role in/out of a rack, 4 or 5u in height would likely work Smiley
Yes but when. I'd hate to order the wrong case if it's soon!
It's on our current projects list:) Here: http://www.reddit.com/r/openrigs/comments/1tji9o/current_projects/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
micax1

Activity: 708
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:08:14 PM

If you could make 4u-5u rigs- that would be great.
I made myself 2 of logysys - but it`s much time and efford (
I`m looking to a plug-and play solution
paradiselife

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:01:20 PM

Has anyone got a tracking number yet since they apparently shipped out product 4 days ago
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 12:03:24 PM

Has anyone got a tracking number yet since they apparently shipped out product 4 days ago

We've gotten a bunch of tracking numbers for the 450-700 batch, just lacking time to mail them out to everyone, it being a holiday week;) Enjoy your holidays!

gamer4156

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:49:35 PM

Will this fit an Extended ATX Mobo?
nvandertill

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:15:36 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 07:30:23 PM by nvandertill

Hey fluffypony. Whats the status on all those in fab ATM?

For anyone just waiting on a frame to get their rig up and running, I found this video on how to build a PVC frame for cheap. I built one for less than 20 bucks. Extremely simple. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCunAsmdro I didn't even use an old case motherboard tray, just took a piece of wood, traced the screw holes from the mobo where they needed to be with pencil, drilled some holes, inserted mobo risers, and then attached the mobo to those. I also found some rubber-like bathroom lining material you can cover it with if you are worried about heat from the PSU. Just go to Home Depot and ask them for the bathroom material that comes in rolls. They will cut you a custom piece that you can easily cut with a box cutter and glue to your wood base. Everything else can be bought at Home Depot as well. Just grab the wood, 1/2" PVC pipe, the necessary PVC corners and T-splitters and you are in business. I built mine in less than an hour just wingin' it. IMO mine is better than the guy in the video. The good part is this design is totally scalable to however many GPUs you need. I have had trouble trying to use 5+ GPUs with the ATI drivers, but all my cards are the new R9 series. Drivers will probably get fixed sooner or later.

This way we aren't totally out of commission until these come in considering it's probably gonna take a couple months to land if you are in the USA.
paradiselife

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:59:50 PM

This company is sketchy, no product has been delivered and promises just keep getting made, also you say for the 475-700 batch only? why was I emailed a few days ago with my order being in the 900 range saying it was sent off to customs and you will have a tracking number soon but now only 475-700 is confirmed to have tracking numbers for? which part are you lying about?
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 11:14:45 PM

This company is sketchy,...

+1

Stay away from this Riccardo guy.  My order was placed a month ago, I've been emailing him since then.
Tried to cancel my "pre-fabrication" order, no response.  After my order was moved to "fabrication" status, he got back to me saying that they will ship it in 8-9 business days.
Well, I waited, no response for 10 days, then I opened a PayPal claim as he did not ship the product as per terms of sale.  

He updated my Paypal claim two days later saying that the product was shipped.  

This guy does not have any product in stock, he waits until he gets enough orders then he orders the aluminum and probably makes them in his garage.

Stay away from this company.  Order updates?  Forget about it.  It is not Amazon.

Save yourself some money and buy raw materials at home depot or other local welding supply store.

This "company" is a joke.  He charged me $100 for shipping and says the shipping might take up to 6 weeks?
Is he delivering them by boat?

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 12:46:25 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 01:01:05 AM by zedicus

hmm  when you guys order? whats your ship date?

I ordered on dec 2nd and my order number is low 800's.. I actually "didnt" receive an email saying it was out of fabrication .. I found out via this thread!

I looked in my account and it says shipping pending customs check. ( Shipped date is Dec23 )

About 20 days after order..

@ af_newbie: Holy crap! $100 shipping.. Did you pay the premium for the fastest delivery available or did you just choose cheapest method?
Are you states side?

I paid $47.73 for International Insured Surface Mail to the United States!

I didnt read anything about 6weeks tho.  If it took 6 weeks took get here after the 23rd ship date it would be 60 days or so before item is in hand! Add the customs wait time and add 5-10 days?  Mine has been at customs since 23rd! I haven't gotten a tracking number so this is all assumption or going off what my order status says!

If it took 6 weeks + 20 days of fab + 10 days at customs! Thats like a 70 day wait period to receive item in hand after order..

My order has been at customs pending shipping for 4 days .. i just noted 10 days to give cushion but i dont know any more than you guys!

If anyone actually receives their package if you could do us and openrigs.com a solid and post a picture of the said item in the wild!

Everyone else should post their order date, order number, ship type, location and when the item broke out of fab so we can see average delay in time for manufacturing and shipping and from shipping to in hand!

Hopefully they are just swamped with holidays and we will all get our tracking shortly.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
paradiselife

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:46:17 AM

Also check these out and these are from oldest to latest in date

https://i.imgur.com/2QjwgeG.png

https://i.imgur.com/NcxAmZg.png

https://i.imgur.com/Zk2zZaL.png

He lies about my order being sent to customs and that he has a tracking number for me but then comes on here today and says he only has tracking numbers up until order 700..

So Riccardo time for the truth?
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:58:33 AM

Mines 1125, ordered on 12/23. Give the guy a little time to make good. As a retired tool and die maker, I understand the process of fabrication and the time and planning involved especially on large orders. If he's making these on his own this could account for the times. OP, remember communication is key for continued sales.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:25:46 AM

From the looks of how the tracking is given it is given after it clears customs, so while your package might have been sent out no tracking will be available until its done in customs.

His post saying they got up to 700 for tracking#'s means that up to 700 has cleared customs.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:46:04 AM

I ordered on dec 2nd and my order number is low 800's.. I actually "didnt" receive an email saying it was out of fabrication .. I found out via this thread!

I looked in my account and it says shipping pending customs check. ( Shipped date is Dec23 )

@ af_newbie: Holy crap! $100 shipping.. Did you pay the premium for the fastest delivery available or did you just choose cheapest method?
Are you states side?

I didnt read anything about 6weeks tho.  If it took 6 weeks took get here after the 23rd ship date it would be 60 days or so before item is in hand! Add the customs wait time and add 5-10 days?  Mine has been at customs since 23rd! I haven't gotten a tracking number so this is all assumption or going off what my order status says!

If it took 6 weeks + 20 days of fab + 10 days at customs! Thats like a 70 day wait period to receive item in hand after order..

My order has been at customs pending shipping for 4 days .. i just noted 10 days to give cushion but i dont know any more than you guys!

If anyone actually receives their package if you could do us and openrigs.com a solid and post a picture of the said item in the wild!

Everyone else should post their order date, order number, ship type, location and when the item broke out of fab so we can see average delay in time for manufacturing and shipping and from shipping to in hand!

Hopefully they are just swamped with holidays and we will all get our tracking shortly.

3 rigs to Canada, "International Insured Surface Mail" he charged me $100.20

I'll be selling his shit locally the moment I get it (IF I get it; in 6 weeks or whatever).  I made my own racks for $25 in parts from a local metal supply store.

I wish someone warned me about this outfit.  I'll do my best to warn all other potential customers.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:23:25 AM

This company is sketchy, no product has been delivered and promises just keep getting made, also you say for the 475-700 batch only? why was I emailed a few days ago with my order being in the 900 range saying it was sent off to customs and you will have a tracking number soon but now only 475-700 is confirmed to have tracking numbers for? which part are you lying about?

I'm not sure I understand the confusion. The entire batch doesn't get tracking numbers in a single shot - they provide tracking numbers as they process them, so we got tracking numbers for the 475-700 range, which is entirely normal given that there were only a few working days this past week. We're waiting on the 700-915 lot, and for those that count in decimal 900 comes after 450, so it makes sense that those that go in first would be processed first.

As I said in the PayPal claim, which you opened after your inability to understand our regular update emails, yours is on hold at customs and won't be shipped until the claim is resolved.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:27:42 AM

This company is sketchy,...

+1

Stay away from this Riccardo guy.  My order was placed a month ago, I've been emailing him since then.
Tried to cancel my "pre-fabrication" order, no response.  After my order was moved to "fabrication" status, he got back to me saying that they will ship it in 8-9 business days.
Well, I waited, no response for 10 days, then I opened a PayPal claim as he did not ship the product as per terms of sale.  

He updated my Paypal claim two days later saying that the product was shipped.  

This guy does not have any product in stock, he waits until he gets enough orders then he orders the aluminum and probably makes them in his garage.

Stay away from this company.  Order updates?  Forget about it.  It is not Amazon.

Save yourself some money and buy raw materials at home depot or other local welding supply store.

This "company" is a joke.  He charged me $100 for shipping and says the shipping might take up to 6 weeks?
Is he delivering them by boat?

We're quite clear about the fact that we don't hold stock. In this thread, and in others, I've spoken about lean manufacturing and the JIT process. In fact, in the Delivery and Returns policy, you know the one that you explicitly tick that you've read and agreed to during checkout, we are quite clear that we don't hold stock: "We provide custom built and on-demand products. When you place an order with us and have paid for it, it is scheduled for production."

Surprisingly, most of our customers have been quite complimentary about the order updates. I'm not sure how often you'd like to receive an email, when there's little to say and there are holidays all over the place there's not much I can say in an update.

Yes, in fact, surface mail is by boat. I'm not sure how that was confusing - did you think surface mail was by train?

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:35:24 AM

Are you states side?

You are spot on about being swamped with the holidays and the number of orders, which is why I've been sending out those email updates every week - this past week I didn't as, with the holidays in the middle of the week there wasn't much to say. Here's an overview of the regular timelines and the timelines we've been seeing with the massive increase in orders as well as the holiday slow down:

Pre-fabrication (ie. scheduled for production, this is when the raws come in) - typically within 3 working days, recently it's been more like 6-10 working days because of the holidays
Fabrication (actual production) - typically within a week, although we allow ourselves 8 working days on the policy, but with the influx of orders some went through in a few days, some took a few weeks
Customs processing - typically 2 working days tops, but when you slap holidays in the middle of it and half the department is on leave, it can take a few days longer
Shipping - surface mail goes by boat, and is out of our control in terms of timelines. EMS and Aramex are air services and are much faster. The hold-up with actual shipping is rarely, if ever, the actual shipping process. It's the unlading (not unloading:) at the destination country, and the inbound customs process that sometimes holds things up.

fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:37:43 AM

Also check these out and these are from oldest to latest in date

He lies about my order being sent to customs and that he has a tracking number for me but then comes on here today and says he only has tracking numbers up until order 700..

So Riccardo time for the truth?

...?

Read that email again and tell me the part where I said I had a tracking number for you.

paradiselife

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:41:47 AM

Bullshit buddy you are a pure scammer look at the images I posted you told me tracking numbers were in and then bullshit on here saying you only got up to 700 and fuck right off with your smart ass coments, you seem to give those a lot as well in emails

Future customers be very careful dealing with openrigs

PS. MR.Riccardo do I need to keep posting more images from our email to make you look like a bigger scammer? stop digging yourself a hole or do you guys like digging holes in south africa  Grin
fluffypony (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:49:26 AM

Bullshit buddy you are a pure scam look at the images I posted you told me tracking numbers were in and then bullshit on here saying you only got up to 700 and fuck right off with your smart ass coments, you seem to give those a lot as well in emails

Future customers be very careful dealing with openrigs

I'm not sure if English isn't your first language, but you've posted the email in which I was quite clear. I said "customs sent us a list of tracking numbers this morning", not "customs sent me your tracking number this morning". I honestly didn't even check to see if yours was in the batch that they sent us - I was out and shot back a quick reply to make sure you didn't wait for one.

You're obviously angry, and you're trying to catch me out in a lie when there is no lie. I'm struggling to understand *why* you're so angry, as your order timelines are remarkably close to what we aim for:

10/12/2013 - paid, entered pre-fab
13/12/2013 - fabrication
23/12/2013 - sent to customs

Pre-fab took 3 working days for you. Fabrication, with the 16th being a holiday, took 4 working days (!!!!!) for you. Customs has had it for 3 working days. Based on the Delivery and Returns policy you agreed to, what timelines were you expecting?

skyisthelimit

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:56:11 AM

My order is in the 400-500 range and I haven't got any tracking either... I placed my order in November so all the these timelines you keep posting are utter bullshit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: