Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SBC] From Death Comes Life – The Rebirth of StableCoin - URGENT UPDATE  (Read 198633 times)
turtoro

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:23:51 PM

Nice amount of activity in the forums today  Grin
If only artos had this much activity
SBC down to $0.046.

The silence over progress with mixing service and future plans for the coin is driving the early investors away.  I's almost as though artos is sand-bagging everyone.  Is he buying up all those cheap coins and then when he gets a ton, suddenly announce the mixing service?

I am not the only one, but I have been one of the most constant voices advocating COMMUNICATIONS.  A product is dead without good PR, advertising and communication.  This has begun to look like a running practical joke.  Artos drops by and dribbles a weekly mention of something and all of his fans cheer and gush.  Then he disappears again leaving people still waiting and still in the dark.

It's one of the most astonishing performances I have ever seen.

Well, I'll hold my (virtually worthless month's mining activity in) SBC's just in case something ever does manifest itself

Really bizarre.

This pretty much echoes my feelings 100%

Wow. No patience whatsoever. Spoiler alert!!! In the real world, things take time and real work!

I've been a promoter since day 1 dude.  ArtOS has the right to dissapear without announcing things once, but two times is a bit odd and does shake my confidence slightly.  Don't pretend it's a positive thing:  It's not.

As a programmer myself I know for a fact one can get lost in the code while working hard.  That's not an excuse to stop all PR entirely, however, for anything over 3 days.  We're way beyond that.  It's been what, a week?  Two?  It's getting scarily similar to what happened before, and that killed this coin.

It's at the point now where I have seriously considered trying to hard fork his work, and implement this feature myself.  I AM capable, and at least I'd talk to the community.  That said, it feels somewhat...  asshole-ish to fork someones coin by force.

Yeah that would kill the coin for sure, now we see your motives.
A battle over ownership might kill the coin, but where's it headed now?  What he's talking about is a rescue attempt.  This coin has great potential, but if it's most salient feature, anonymity is offered by another coin with equal security before SBC publicly announces an up and working mixing service, then it's value is diminished and it might even die.

I don't believe we're there yet, but time is ticking.

Public perception, public perception, public perception.  I can't say that enough.  This coin made a false start once before, so it's rebirth was pretty shaky to begin with.

well said

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mamucik666

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 12:55:33 PM

I'm starting work in the backdrop, but there is no way I would release it before giving the original dev fair chance and warning.

I really hope artos won't abandon the project again, but in case it happens... will you be able to finish the coinmixing before zerocoin comes out?
R-T-B

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:19:27 PM

I'm starting work in the backdrop, but there is no way I would release it before giving the original dev fair chance and warning.

I really hope artos won't abandon the project again, but in case it happens... will you be able to finish the coinmixing before zerocoin comes out?

To be honest, I can't make any promises.  I'm really not sure and it is quite a daunting task, especially for someone unfamiliar with the codebase...  I may be a good programmer but I never pictured myself in this boat, lol.

All I can promise is my best work, and hope it never has to be used...
zavtra

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 01:27:13 PM

To be honest, I can't make any promises.  I'm really not sure and it is quite a daunting task, especially for someone unfamiliar with the codebase...  I may be a good programmer but I never pictured myself in this boat, lol.

All I can promise is my best work, and hope it never has to be used...

Maybe you should make a thread calling for assistance from other devs if you eventually feel things are coming down to the wire. For now, all we can do is hold our breath.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:45:02 PM

Well, Artos was logged in at 5:40 this morning, so it's not like he's not seeing all of these posts.

Apparently he doesn't care enough to make even a token effort at allaying the fears and concerns being expressed here.  One has to wonder if he's not taking some sort of perverse pleasure out of seeing all of this sturm und drang.
thimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:37:10 PM

Well, Artos was logged in at 5:40 this morning, so it's not like he's not seeing all of these posts.

Apparently he doesn't care enough to make even a token effort at allaying the fears and concerns being expressed here.  One has to wonder if he's not taking some sort of perverse pleasure out of seeing all of this sturm und drang.
He's not responding because the price will rise when he talks. He wants the price to drop, buy cheap, make an announcement and cash in. He has done this multiple times. fuck this guy, i sold all of my sbc.

i can rent this1
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 02:46:12 PM

He's not responding because the price will rise when he talks. He wants the price to drop, buy cheap, make an announcement and cash in. He has done this multiple times. fuck this guy, i sold all of my sbc.
While I have conjectured as to his motives, I see no reason to actually attribute malice to him.

Truth is, I suspect it's more that he's one of those who becomes blind to everything around him while he's working on a project.  I attribute no malice to him, only an unrealistic level of detachment.  Sort of a tone-deaf genius.

. . . and at today's prices, it's foolish to liquidate SBC holdings.

As I said earlier, my downside is about $150 in coins and about a month to a month and a half's worth of mining time.  Should the coin roll in as promised, the upside is exponentially greater.

. . . and yes, as I can afford it, I too am buying additional SBC at these low prices.
roastbeef

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:26:37 PM

We have a stablecoin pool up doing 20 MH/s.

0% fee
SSL
Custom layout
The works

https://pool.chunky.ms/sbc/

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
mamucik666

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:32:59 PM

https://pool.chunky.ms/doge/site_assets/chunky/img/chunky_small_3.png

We have a stablecoin pool up doing 20 MH/s.

0% fee
SSL
Custom layout
The works

https://pool.chunky.ms/sbc/

How?  Shocked
It was dead last time I checked (and it was 2 days ago)
roastbeef

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:41:05 PM

^ hehe, some people joined yesterday. it was new, this is the first time it's got more than 2 workers on it.

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:17:36 PM

I understand wanting to get more updates, but Artos has done quite well in this regard.  When the fork from 1.3 to 1.4 didn't end well, we had another fork to 1.5 that solved the issues within a day or two.  He seems to be all in it this go around and I have faith that he will come through.  The mixing service must be a daunting task to undertake and just like you, I understand that it will make or break this coin, but I can say that everyone getting their pitchforks and torches out in the thread would not motivate me to go any faster.  Just my .02  Wink
Ch3rub

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 05:31:29 PM

I do see where you're coming from guys but let's not dramatize and just wait until we hear some news.
oncebitcoinedtwiceshy

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:01:59 PM

I understand wanting to get more updates, but Artos has done quite well in this regard.  When the fork from 1.3 to 1.4 didn't end well, we had another fork to 1.5 that solved the issues within a day or two.  He seems to be all in it this go around and I have faith that he will come through.  The mixing service must be a daunting task to undertake and just like you, I understand that it will make or break this coin, but I can say that everyone getting their pitchforks and torches out in the thread would not motivate me to go any faster.  Just my .02  Wink

FWIW this is where I am as well.

@scooby903 - for some reason that avatar of yours still makes me smile even after all this time  Smiley
artos (OP)

Activity: 84

http://stablecoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 06:14:04 PM

Development on the mixing service continues. The beta signup post was not meant to imply that it is near completion, but rather to preemptively collect a list of interested individuals, as well as to spark interest among new people in the coin itself.

I pop on here and the official forum from time to time, but that is just to check up and make sure the network is running properly. If you folks want daily updates, there isn't much for me to say. I'm just living my life and working on this when I have the spare time. It's really not that interesting. My time is limited, so I don't have the availability to do daily Q&A sessions on here and respond to some of the long messages that I receive.

There's been some talk of others wanting to implement their own mixing service. If you think you can beat me to the punch, and that your finished product is of sufficient quality, feel free to go for it. I won't take offense, and your code will be implemented into the main branch. I would share what I have completed so far, but that would not be wise, as it could get into the hands of a competitor coin. Our development paths will have to remain separate.

StableCoin Development Fund: shQpTvLDsgCURkfqyBuCjL79aqYwti2FEJ
StableCoin Forums: http://forums.stablecoin.net
Ximp

Activity: 336

CS Student - BC Logo Guy

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:50:00 PM

I understand that daily posts aren't the easiest to make, but semi frequent (once every few days?) little blurbs about what you've done (bullet points maybe?) shouldn't be too hard. Could we at least know the estimated percentage that the mixing service is completed? True, you have a life outside of this, but you talk like it's a side project that you work on once every blue moon. Perhaps you could set up a little online check list of features you are working on that everybody can view.
mamucik666

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:01:51 PM

Development on the mixing service continues. The beta signup post was not meant to imply that it is near completion, but rather to preemptively collect a list of interested individuals, as well as to spark interest among new people in the coin itself.

I pop on here and the official forum from time to time, but that is just to check up and make sure the network is running properly. If you folks want daily updates, there isn't much for me to say. I'm just living my life and working on this when I have the spare time. It's really not that interesting. My time is limited, so I don't have the availability to do daily Q&A sessions on here and respond to some of the long messages that I receive.

There's been some talk of others wanting to implement their own mixing service. If you think you can beat me to the punch, and that your finished product is of sufficient quality, feel free to go for it. I won't take offense, and your code will be implemented into the main branch. I would share what I have completed so far, but that would not be wise, as it could get into the hands of a competitor coin. Our development paths will have to remain separate.

I'm so happy that you finally posted something.  Cheesy

I just want to make sure you have read this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=349198.msg4594734#msg4594734
That person really seems to know what he is talking about, and I hope you'll take what he wrote into consideration. I think that his idea is really great.
Thank you.
turtoro

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:14:26 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 09:08:49 PM by turtoro

1:glad to hear your alive

2:nobody expects daily updates, only the occasional "hey guys, things are in progress" updates

3 Dont dismiss the "long" messages you receive, some are substantive. They offer insight/solutions as to what is going on.

4: Talk of alternative mixing service has been under the assumption you went away. If you are not, dont worry, we will stand by and let you do your work.

5: work with "touma" from stable coin forum. he had a good proposal which he posted. You have to let the community know whats up every once in a while, even if things are going slow, doesnt matter

6: We all have lives to live, but you're the one which put up an idea. The responsibility to advocate  it is yours by default.

7: glad to hear you're alive

R-T-B

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:22:03 PM

1:glad to hear your alive

2:nobody expects daily updates, only the occasional "hey guys, things are in progress" updates

3 Dont dismiss the "long" messages you receive, some are substantive. They offer insight/solutions as to what is going on.

4: Talk of alternative mixing service has been under the assumption you went away. If you are not, dont worry, we will stand by and let you work your magic.

5: work with "touma" from stable coin forum. he had a good proposal which he posted. You have to let the community know whats up every once in a while, even if things are goings slow, doesnt matter

6: glad to hear you're alive

7: glad to hear you're alive...........

This, this and this.

Artos, I hope you didn't take my post about a fork as being overly dramatic or fear-mongering.  I really was expecting the worst given your previous absence, and you posting here now has not only very much reassured me, but I'm sure a good many.  Thanks for taking the time to do it! 

I wouldn't ask for nor expect daily updates, I know how working hard and having a life take enough time on their own two fronts, but try to check in once a week and not be a stranger for all our sakes, ok?  That seems pretty reasonable, no?

I'm just happy to know your still working on it.  I'll continue toying on the side, but as long as you are still working on this coin, it's your baby, not mine.  I'll make a pull request at best, no way I'm going to try to fork your coin while you are still around. Smiley
zavtra

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 08:31:40 PM

Thanks for posting artos.

We don't need daily updates. Those who are sticking with the coin will do so no matter what.

Just an update once a week or so, a few sentences, would be nice.

A few thoughts on the proposed Proof of Privacy transaction processing system posted in the forums would be nice as well. We just need a few words to work with to market the coin.

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
ibejammin

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

Thanks for the post Artos. A update every now and then is vital to keep the community together. Even a ETA on the mixing service so we can really nail the promotion.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: