Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:30:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:44:11 PM

Well I wish you luck Edge...hopefully we can get these going. I'm pretty poor these days so if I lost a cube that'd really suck. Especially after being losing money in the WeExchange scam. Anyways though, optimistic can get this going.

BTW for your screen shot you show the ports as 8338. Should these not be 8333 ? You prob know what you are doing here and I don't think their would be any response at all if the ports were wrong but thought I'd mention it.

I changed it on both the cube and the proxy.  I had already tried the default a few times.

As said dunno what triggered it working now instead of the 100 other times I tried. Maybe might want to try starting/restarting the miners at different times then you start your mining proxy program.  Like I for example I was trying the cube first and then relaunching the stratum mining proxy, whereas before I was doing this in reverse. Again logically I doubt this would make a difference, maybe it was pure luck,  but all I can say is now a hundred false starts later and it is hashing.

What psu are you using?

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:31:46 AM

Well I wish you luck Edge...hopefully we can get these going. I'm pretty poor these days so if I lost a cube that'd really suck. Especially after being losing money in the WeExchange scam. Anyways though, optimistic can get this going.

BTW for your screen shot you show the ports as 8338. Should these not be 8333 ? You prob know what you are doing here and I don't think their would be any response at all if the ports were wrong but thought I'd mention it.

I changed it on both the cube and the proxy.  I had already tried the default a few times.
My ports are 8332, that is the port the proxy is listening for miner activity on - was that your problem?

I have one cube hashing 32ghs on low  and one cube which worked at first now showing all x's and blinking an error code on the red led. Both are powered from a Corsair TX850M.
Any ideas on reviving the dead one?

Any suggestions on this one, or does it need to go back to canary?

Try the dead one individually, if not open it up and check if there is anything obvious, anything loose. Try running it outside the case.

dbzenhosting

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:56:19 AM

Can I run these miners without a proxy server?
What if i changed the pool to my mining pool (ghash.io) instead of my proxy (My pc)
Will this work?

I thought this cube could mine by it self as long as it has an Internet connection, no need to have another computer on 24/7 acting as a proxy server.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:09:22 AM

I changed it on both the cube and the proxy.  I had already tried the default a few times.

As said dunno what triggered it working now instead of the 100 other times I tried. Maybe might want to try starting/restarting the miners at different times then you start your mining proxy pro.....g.

What psu are you using?

I'm using a mod stream pro OCZ 700W modular psu. It's not a great PSU but it should not have any troubles supplying enough juice for the cube.  More of an issue, possibly, is that my apartment is pretty old maybe there wasn't steady enough power from the household fuse i'm running it from.  I never did really figure out what the problem was or how I fixed it but it's still mining smoothly now at 36GH so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It seemed like it was some sort of communication error with the proxy but that's just my best guess. Did you try the cube's reset button? Maybe the software is just hung up on something. Sorry I can't offer much more help, it's tough to troubleshoot without logs and such.

Also maybe worth mentioning: I changed the default gateway from the default gateway IP to 0.0.0.0, as I saw other folks running it with 0.0.0.0.  Again have no idea if this what changed anything, but it couldn't hurt to try 0.0.0.0.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:11:52 AM

Can I run these miners without a proxy server?
What if i changed the pool to my mining pool (ghash.io) instead of my proxy (My pc)
Will this work?

I thought this cube could mine by it self as long as it has an Internet connection, no need to have another computer on 24/7 acting as a proxy server.

It needs a proxy due to the lack of getwork protocol pools. I think eigus still does one?

edgie13

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:08:08 PM

My ports are 8332, that is the port the proxy is listening for miner activity on - was that your problem?

I have one cube hashing 32ghs on low  and one cube which worked at first now showing all x's and blinking an error code on the red led. Both are powered from a Corsair TX850M.
Any ideas on reviving the dead one?

Any suggestions on this one, or does it need to go back to canary?

Try the dead one individually, if not open it up and check if there is anything obvious, anything loose. Try running it outside the case.

No.  It is not working.  I changed the default port just to rule that out as the problem.  I tried changing to the Eligius pool on getwork.  I wanted to totally rule out my proxy as being the issue.  The cube still reboots itself at 2 minutes.  I ordered the power supply that you suggested in the op.  It should be here later today.  If that doesn't work, I can pretty much say that I've tried everything.  Thanks again for your help.

Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:24:03 PM

How loud are these?  I just ordered one, but kinda forgot that I am going to have to keep it inside since I don't have an easy way to run an ethernet cable outside... although Canary did point me in the direction of something that might work around that, I don't know if it's something I want to try just yet.

edgie13

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:49:04 PM

How loud are these?  I just ordered one, but kinda forgot that I am going to have to keep it inside since I don't have an easy way to run an ethernet cable outside... although Canary did point me in the direction of something that might work around that, I don't know if it's something I want to try just yet.

...not loud at all.  It uses a 12cm fan.

Damnsammit

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:50:04 PM

...not loud at all.  It uses a 12cm fan.

Good deal.  My wife shouldn't be upset then Cheesy
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:33:59 PM

Random Asicminer question here. 
At what point does a proxy program get overloaded.
I currently have 20 blades and 2 Cubes (soon to be 3) running off the same computer.  It seems to handle it well but the lines of text fly by at warp speed. 
Wondering if I need to point some of the hardware to another computer and take the pressure off.
edgie13

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:35:38 PM

The new psu arrived about 30 minutes ago.  It is a Corsair GS800.  I connected it and the cube still reboots itself at 2 minutes. I'm about to pull out what little hair I have left.  Grin  Could it be a faulty cube?  All the chips come up "O" in the config screen so they should be good.

I am at the point that I am willing to pay somebody to help get this going. I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping this back to the re-seller for a replacement. 

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 07:06:09 PM

Random Asicminer question here. 
At what point does a proxy program get overloaded.
I currently have 20 blades and 2 Cubes (soon to be 3) running off the same computer.  It seems to handle it well but the lines of text fly by at warp speed. 
Wondering if I need to point some of the hardware to another computer and take the pressure off.

The short answer is we really don't know - getwork hardware has never been so powerful. People have been running 100 or so blades off one proxy, which is up to 600GH. The limitaiton order will probably be local networking [packet spam] -> internet latency -> anything else.

Worst case you can run two proxies on the same computer, or get a shitty laptop to run a second proxy after splitting your networking into two groups.

Like a computer.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 07:07:17 PM

The new psu arrived about 30 minutes ago.  It is a Corsair GS800.  I connected it and the cube still reboots itself at 2 minutes. I'm about to pull out what little hair I have left.  Grin  Could it be a faulty cube?  All the chips come up "O" in the config screen so they should be good.

I am at the point that I am willing to pay somebody to help get this going. I don't want to go through the hassle of shipping this back to the re-seller for a replacement. 

Cubes reset after ~2.5 mins after they detect no activity, because they assume the pool is done. It then goes to the backup pool and tries the same. If you PM me teamviewer details I can take a look.

mchu168

Activity: 188

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:07:25 PM

I've had luck with running two cubes on one Corsair TX850 and three Cubes on two CX750's.  Of course a single Cube will run on either of these PSUs.
Damnsammit

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:10:53 PM

I've had luck with running two cubes on one Corsair TX850 and three Cubes on two CX750's.  Of course a single Cube will run on either of these PSUs.

This should be more than enough to run one, yes?  Just trying to make sure I have everything ready to go so I can start mining as soon as the Cube arrives...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152026
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:03:06 AM

Unfortunately the C10 cap popped on one of my cube boards today:

I was powering it up after rearranging some cables and saw the flash of light and heard an audible pop.

It sounds like the resellers don't yet have a warranty swap supply from Friedcat, so fingers crossed here that gets figured out ASAP.

The good news is, as dogie said, the cube hashes just fine with missing cards (with 1/6 less hashing goodness, of course).

BTW, I noticed while I was inside the cube that some of the boards were not seated in the casing slots (probably popped out during shipping). I also was missing a heat sink screw and some of the other heat sink screws were pretty loose. Be careful tightening them though -- heat sinks are pretty easy to strip.

-dmc
dbell

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:35:03 AM

Have two cubes up and running but Hash rate varies all over them map and dies down to zero often.

I am using the statum proxy server approach.   I did not have a free local machine to set up the proxy server on so we quickly set one up on an Amazon cloud machine.   I have never seen either cube get higher than 22 GH and now they are mostly spending time down near zero. Sad

I an thinking that it may be some proxy issue or tuning that I don't understand.  Maybe I need to run a localized server to make this work and I should just pick up a Rasberry Pi and set up one?

I know he cubes can work, it is just seems to be some network or server issue.  I am leaning to the server side but I don't have enough experience.

Thoughts or insight?

- - - - - -

I also tried to connect to some of the pools directly using the Getwork pool address but get no action.  Is that worth more investigation or stick with the stratum server?

On Getwork:
Doesn't seem to connect to Eligius getwork pool directly.

Pool ports set to: 8337,8337
Pool address: getwork.mining.eligius.st,getwork.mining.eligius.st
Miners users/pass: addresss:pass,address:pass

It looks like no jobs are being received from eligius.

Am I doing something wrong?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 10:55:08 AM

Have two cubes up and running but Hash rate varies all over them map and dies down to zero often.

I am using the statum proxy server approach.   I did not have a free local machine to set up the proxy server on so we quickly set one up on an Amazon cloud machine.   I have never seen either cube get higher than 22 GH and now they are mostly spending time down near zero. Sad

I an thinking that it may be some proxy issue or tuning that I don't understand.  Maybe I need to run a localized server to make this work and I should just pick up a Rasberry Pi and set up one?

I know he cubes can work, it is just seems to be some network or server issue.  I am leaning to the server side but I don't have enough experience.

Thoughts or insight?

- - - - - -

I also tried to connect to some of the pools directly using the Getwork pool address but get no action.  Is that worth more investigation or stick with the stratum server?

On Getwork:
Doesn't seem to connect to Eligius getwork pool directly.

Pool ports set to: 8337,8337
Pool address: getwork.mining.eligius.st,getwork.mining.eligius.st
Miners users/pass: addresss:pass,address:pass

It looks like no jobs are being received from eligius.

Am I doing something wrong?

You need a local machine. Any sort of delay on those packets will make them useless and discarded as either stales or add in idle times. You must must must must must set up a local machine, or run getwork. Isn't eligius's server at mining.eligius.st?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 10:56:31 AM

Unfortunately the C10 cap popped on one of my cube boards today:

I was powering it up after rearranging some cables and saw the flash of light and heard an audible pop.

It sounds like the resellers don't yet have a warranty swap supply from Friedcat, so fingers crossed here that gets figured out ASAP.

The good news is, as dogie said, the cube hashes just fine with missing cards (with 1/6 less hashing goodness, of course).

BTW, I noticed while I was inside the cube that some of the boards were not seated in the casing slots (probably popped out during shipping). I also was missing a heat sink screw and some of the other heat sink screws were pretty loose. Be careful tightening them though -- heat sinks are pretty easy to strip.

-dmc

This has been seen a few times regarding the heatsink screws, had one or two dead boards (although this is the first with obvious physical damage). I would suspect most boards aren't fitting in the slots well as most of mine were out - not that it seems to do much because they're jammed in good.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 10:57:13 AM

This should be more than enough to run one, yes?  Just trying to make sure I have everything ready to go so I can start mining as soon as the Cube arrives...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152026

On paper yes, but in reality it probably won't last long. Cheap branded PSUs are just that unfortunately, cheap and ready to break. They have to save money building them somehow, right?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: