Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:23:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187273 times)
mchu168

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:56:00 PM

Thats good to know. 30 kbps is nothing. Is it normal to connect the cube to the wireless router, or does it have to be on the modem (I have a cable connection and am connecting my cube to the wireless router).

Definitely sounds like you have enough power.

I have mine connected to my wireless router, too.  Are you having any problems with other devices while the Cube is on?

Some people reported that turning off the WiFi on their Android phones helped fix problems with their Cube.  It's worth a shot... Undecided

I have been having some issues off and on with my CUBEs. I have 4 total and all of them would work great for a long period of time then out of no where start having problems and only running at about 4 GH. I came across this post and checked all of my cell phones. The one older android cell phone my little one uses to play on and watch netflix on was connected to the wifi. Once i powered the phone off my hash rates went back up and seem to be working again. both stratum proxys ( BFGminer and Slushpool ) both seem to be working again also. I by passed this issue by running a second wireless router to keep my wireless devices separated.

I have a few Cubes running in my garage off a Dlink wireless bridge.  It has been rock solid for 2 weeks - not even a blip in Overclock mode.  I was surprised at the performance given the distance for my Wifi router (three floors away) and crappy DSL service.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001769K3O/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=37354028105&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=818228777402278619&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4gmcgkh9hw_b

zeuzzz

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:54:39 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2013, 12:30:55 AM by zeuzzz

[oops]

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7
zeuzzz

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 09:14:09 PM

Hmm, stumped now. Maybe I should try a different pool? I know the password for multipool is not used, they generally say either leave blank or set to x, and I've tried it with both in the cube settings: sytherz.1:x,sytherz.1:x and also leaving the x out sytherz.1:,sytherz.1:

On your mining_proxy command line, remove the stratum+tcp:// from your pool address.  It should look like this:

-o pool1.eu.multipool.us

thanks, I tried this slight code alteration with all the previous settings shown in my screen caps, but end up with this error:

Currently trying to get it to work following the guidelines in this thread instead, using BFGminer instead, as there seem issues with altcoin pools and the standard mining proxy (unless anyone else here has it working?), will report back soon.

BTC: 1DKHiG3ZAJsX9YdSb9t19WcFBzxbPBq8J8 ---- LTC: LNRwP8qqASCqbsQxsGVyYBPpFCCZJWGcg7
zeuzzz

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:30:57 PM

Working fine on slush's pool simply using the details in the OP, tbh I'm quite happy there for now, connecting to my usual altcoin pool was a nice idea but installing all the necessary software for a windows build for BFGminer again would probably just give me a headache (>15 programs/archives and various file transfers, good few hours work). Might be selling it soon anyway depending on what the market does in the next few weeks. Thanks for all the advice so far, amazingly helpful.

edgie13

Activity: 155

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:58:23 PM

Anybody had an issue with fuses going bad? I had one melt on cube this morning. I took it apart, cleaned everything out, and then re-assembled it. Everything is working fine now.

Yes. One of mine has burnt 2 fuses now. I haven't been able to troubleshoot it since I've been out of town. I had to leave it off while I'm away. I will be back tomorrow to try again.  What exactly did you do to fix it? I did all the normal recommended "prep"  (take apart, tighten screws, etc.). I have 3 other cubes that are working perfectly. Thanks.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 04:59:37 PM

Great discussion! I have learned alot about this cube I just got and am trying to get setup. My problem is that my router is a Netgear WNDR3400v2 and every device on my home network has an IP address something like 10.0.0.1 and to make matters worse when I am on the status page of the router it recognizes all the devices on the network with the exception of the cube. Anyone else have experience with the Netgear network?
Thanks,
Kern

Best solution is to game your Netgear router to 192.168.1.1.  If you have any devices on your network with static addressed, you will need to change them to the new gateway range. I all your devices are dhcp, one little change and you're done.
 Alternately you could change the ip address of the cube, but the simple solution is just to change the gateway address of the router.

electropyro

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:00:54 PM

Hello everyone, So i am new to mining i'll start of with that.. I just purchased 2 cubes and need some help to set them up. Am used to just plug n play with usb since i had BFL products and never required doing extra work. I know i need a power supply thats strong enough to support both cubes on HIGH clock mode. Any recommendations? also i have a raspberri pi i would use before can i still put this to use in any way with my new cubes?

U can run 2 cubes on a Corsair TX850 PSU.  Raspberry Pi works well.  I use Minepeon.  Just use the --http-port <port#> option in bfgminer and point your Cubes to the IP address/port # for the Pi.  Should be a piece of cake.

Would the corsair TX850 PSU support both cubes on the HIGH clock setting?

If i can use the Raspberry Pi (already running Minepeon) do i connect both miners via usb or through the Ethernet port on the Pi. I currently have the Pi configured to run wirelessly off my wifi connection.

The TX850 can run 2 at high clock rate.  I have about dozen Cubes set up this way.

Do not connect a USB cable to the Cube - the USB port on the Cube is not for mining.

To run Cubes on Minepeon, make sure to point the Cube to the IP address of the Raspberry Pi by putting its IP address (usually 192.168.1.25) in the "Pool Address" field on the Cube GUI.  Note the port # on the Cube GUI (default is 8330). The username and password field on the Cube GUI could be anything - doesn't matter, as the Pool setting are all specified on the Minepeon Setting page.  Since I have several Cubes running, I specify a unique username so that I can identify which cube stats I'm looking at when I SSH into the Minepeon and view the bfgminer miner stats.

In Minepeon I use the following command line:

/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer --http-port 8330 -S noauto -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

This command line should work if the Cube Port Port is set to 8330 and you don't have any other (non-Proxy) miners running on the Minepeon.  If you remove the -S noauto option, you should be able to mine with your USB miners, etc.  

Assuming you have your Pool information correct in Minepeon, you should be able to see your Cube hashing away on the Minepeon status page or in bfgminer if you SSH into the Raspberry Pi

Hope this helps!  If this works for you, I would gladly accept a belated Christmas present from you.  Grin 1vYG6NVr9nGqqyRL78jQXKLHqPcVX5NKS

since my Raspberry is already connected wireless to the internet is their a way to just get a ethernet splitter plug the splitter into my pi and connect my cubes via ethernet to the ethernet splitter on the pi and afterwards point the cubes to my pi's IP?
mchu168

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:13:00 PM

Hello everyone, So i am new to mining i'll start of with that.. I just purchased 2 cubes and need some help to set them up. Am used to just plug n play with usb since i had BFL products and never required doing extra work. I know i need a power supply thats strong enough to support both cubes on HIGH clock mode. Any recommendations? also i have a raspberri pi i would use before can i still put this to use in any way with my new cubes?

U can run 2 cubes on a Corsair TX850 PSU.  Raspberry Pi works well.  I use Minepeon.  Just use the --http-port <port#> option in bfgminer and point your Cubes to the IP address/port # for the Pi.  Should be a piece of cake.

Would the corsair TX850 PSU support both cubes on the HIGH clock setting?

If i can use the Raspberry Pi (already running Minepeon) do i connect both miners via usb or through the Ethernet port on the Pi. I currently have the Pi configured to run wirelessly off my wifi connection.

The TX850 can run 2 at high clock rate.  I have about dozen Cubes set up this way.

Do not connect a USB cable to the Cube - the USB port on the Cube is not for mining.

To run Cubes on Minepeon, make sure to point the Cube to the IP address of the Raspberry Pi by putting its IP address (usually 192.168.1.25) in the "Pool Address" field on the Cube GUI.  Note the port # on the Cube GUI (default is 8330). The username and password field on the Cube GUI could be anything - doesn't matter, as the Pool setting are all specified on the Minepeon Setting page.  Since I have several Cubes running, I specify a unique username so that I can identify which cube stats I'm looking at when I SSH into the Minepeon and view the bfgminer miner stats.

In Minepeon I use the following command line:

/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer --http-port 8330 -S noauto -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

This command line should work if the Cube Port Port is set to 8330 and you don't have any other (non-Proxy) miners running on the Minepeon.  If you remove the -S noauto option, you should be able to mine with your USB miners, etc.  

Assuming you have your Pool information correct in Minepeon, you should be able to see your Cube hashing away on the Minepeon status page or in bfgminer if you SSH into the Raspberry Pi

Hope this helps!  If this works for you, I would gladly accept a belated Christmas present from you.  Grin 1vYG6NVr9nGqqyRL78jQXKLHqPcVX5NKS

since my Raspberry is already connected wireless to the internet is their a way to just get a ethernet splitter plug the splitter into my pi and connect my cubes via ethernet to the ethernet splitter on the pi and afterwards point the cubes to my pi's IP?

I don't think this is possible.  If you don't have a way to connect to wired ethernet, you could use a Wireless bridge like this: 

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-Gigabit-Extender-DAP-1522/dp/B001769K3O

Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:32:39 PM

Are you talking about a switch or hub??
electropyro

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:41:06 PM

Are you talking about a switch or hub??

Am talking about the ethernet port on the raspberry pi. Sort of like using the raspberry pi as a router and plugging the cubes to the ethernet port on the pi.
electropyro

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:45:43 PM

or even making my cubes wireless

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VAP11G-Wireless-WIFI-Bridge-Dongle-802-11B-G-RJ45-Ethernet-Port-For-Xbox-PS3-US-/121218415893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c392e3d15

with this work?
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 06:53:51 PM

You can make your cubes wireless with any wireless bridge.  There are posts talking about it earlier in the thread.  I recommend a wrt54g router with DD-WRT installed.  You can get them for less than $20 on Ebay.  

Start Here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=352658.msg3985222#msg3985222

BTCIRV

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 10:35:32 PM

Thats good to know. 30 kbps is nothing. Is it normal to connect the cube to the wireless router, or does it have to be on the modem (I have a cable connection and am connecting my cube to the wireless router).

Definitely sounds like you have enough power.

I have mine connected to my wireless router, too.  Are you having any problems with other devices while the Cube is on?

Some people reported that turning off the WiFi on their Android phones helped fix problems with their Cube.  It's worth a shot... Undecided

I have been having some issues off and on with my CUBEs. I have 4 total and all of them would work great for a long period of time then out of no where start having problems and only running at about 4 GH. I came across this post and checked all of my cell phones. The one older android cell phone my little one uses to play on and watch netflix on was connected to the wifi. Once i powered the phone off my hash rates went back up and seem to be working again. both stratum proxys ( BFGminer and Slushpool ) both seem to be working again also. I by passed this issue by running a second wireless router to keep my wireless devices separated.

I've had my Cube for 2 weeks, got it from Bitcoinrigs.org - it came 10 days late, and at first I couldn't get it up and running because the guy recommended and LINKED me to the totally wrong PSU.. That issue solved, I got the thing up and running 2 PSUs later. But thankfully during the week the first one was down I looked through the grill and saw a lose screw. I opened up the unit to find 12 lose screws on 3 of the blades - 2 cooling fins so loose that they were just hanging there and not touching the PCB board. On tightened up the 12 screws, now it's running in the other room but no luck on the overclocking.

On top of all of that, after 3 or 4 days the stupid fan was already going bad. I'll be replacing it soon.

I know of one other person who lost 10 chips in the first week because of the above problems. Everyone should open these systems and check every screw, re-seat everything, and make sure it's all solid before you turn it on the first time. They're cranking them out and they're put together by slave Chinese workers who don't give a damn.

Right now it's on a 1000w Strider Gold Evolution by Silverstone. Anyone know if this thing still can't power the machine? It says it's got a 12v rail and lots of power. Why can't I overclock?
Liberte222

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 11:42:16 PM

I have a problem. i was hashing fine and I went to check the cube config page: the long poll was inactive and the stratum proxy was idle. Didn't do/ change anything. Tried to restart everything but still the stratum proxy is at the pre-hash phase and not moving and the long poll is inactive.

Any ideas how this can be solved. help is really appreciated.
eman5oh

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 12:21:40 AM

Long poll inactive but getting good hash rate using bfgminer on a pi as a proxy. Can someone explainer what long poll is. Thanks
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 02:12:30 AM

I have a problem. i was hashing fine and I went to check the cube config page: the long poll was inactive and the stratum proxy was idle. Didn't do/ change anything. Tried to restart everything but still the stratum proxy is at the pre-hash phase and not moving and the long poll is inactive.

Any ideas how this can be solved. help is really appreciated.
Shut down, give it some time, disconnect, then restart?
aminkorea

Activity: 73

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:31:53 AM

I can't figure out how to change my subnet.  I ran ipconfig and got the current information

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\John>cd ..

C:\Users>cd ..

C:\>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9093:80ad:9dae:f81e%11
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.100
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Tunnel adapter isatap.{2EFDD7A5-96DD-41EC-8611-7F6892407C64}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:287f:3fe1:4894:2b98
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::287f:3fe1:4894:2b98%13
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

and went to the TCP/IP settings, but everything is set automatically through my ISP. 

I also can't connect to 192.168.1.254:800. I am guessing that is because my IP is not correct. 

I tried adding an alternate IP and subnet, but it wouldn't set. 

Any advice?   
mchu168

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:42:44 AM

I can't figure out how to change my subnet.  I ran ipconfig and got the current information

Windows IP Configuration

and went to the TCP/IP settings, but everything is set automatically through my ISP. 

I also can't connect to 192.168.1.254:800. I am guessing that is because my IP is not correct. 

Any advice?   

Try changing the gateway address of your router temporarily to 192.168.1.1.  This should allow you to see the cube. Once you get to the Cube setup page at 192.168.1.254:8000, you can change the cube IP address to something like 192.168.10.xxx.  Then you go back and change your gateway address back to 192.168.10.1.  You should then be able to see your cube on the network.

Hope this helps.
aminkorea

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:01:46 AM

Windows IP Configuration

Any advice?   

Try changing the gateway address of your router temporarily to 192.168.1.1.  This should allow you to see the cube. Once you get to the Cube setup page at 192.168.1.254:8000, you can change the cube IP address to something like 192.168.10.xxx.  Then you go back and change your gateway address back to 192.168.10.1.  You should then be able to see your cube on the network.

Hope this helps.

That worked. Thanks for the help.
aminkorea

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:10:54 AM

A few more questions/issues.  First, I want to use a pool other than slush's pool. So I got the ip and entered in in the Ip address field. Then I entered my worker and pass, and ran the stratum proxy, the the proxy will not connect.

Second, I am running some usb block explorers from the same computer that I downloaded the stratum proxy and when ever the proxy is running, bfg tries to change to slushe's pool, even though I have it and the cube set to a different pool.  does the cube require a seperate computer that is not mining with other mining equipment? If so, how do I get two of them to run together? Are they not expandable like the USB?  (Maybe expandable is not the right word. hopefully you understand.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: