Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:21:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive ASICMiner Cube Setup [HD]  (Read 187271 times)
Hypolite
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:51:58 PM

Thx but your link doesn't work.......

i ve the message next : 404 - File or directory not found.

Hypolite
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:10:06 PM

Up ??  Wink

TheRealWeegee

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:45:07 PM

Hey guys, I know this was discussed earlier in the posts, but I seem to be having issues keeping my new Cube to connect to the mining proxy reliably. The command prompt tells me that the miner is successfully connected the whole time and requesting work. However the web interface of the miner tells me the LongPool drops after about 20 seconds, resulting in the 2.5 minute shutdown. The current power supply I am using is a Zalman 750w.
(I saw in the comments before hand its not the greatest to be used, however it's been running my dual HD6950 with flying colors and my PSU tester shows all the voltages are where they should be.)

Like it was recommended I'm using the latest version of mining_proxy.exe with -o stratum.btcguild.com -p 3333 as well. Hosting the proxy on a different computer sadly hasn't had any effect on the stability. I tried switching the gateway from 0.0.0.0 to that of my router as well(192.168.1.1), no dice there either. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

http://puu.sh/5IuhB.jpg  http://puu.sh/5IurM.jpg
wedgy2k

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:19:43 PM

Just a  few suggestions (as I'm no expert, but can work most things out)

Your Router address should also be your DNS server
As these are on the same subnet you are resolving via broadcast.

The PC thats hosting the Proxy, does this have a firewall running / AV software that blocks?
Is the PC's thats hosting the proxy, is its NIC configured correctly? (Can you surf the internet and ping the cube?)
Just some ideas that may be worth a try...

TheRealWeegee

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:38:49 PM

Just a  few suggestions (as I'm no expert, but can work most things out)

Your Router address should also be your DNS server
As these are on the same subnet you are resolving via broadcast.

The PC thats hosting the Proxy, does this have a firewall running / AV software that blocks?
Is the PC's thats hosting the proxy, is its NIC configured correctly? (Can you surf the internet and ping the cube?)
Just some ideas that may be worth a try...

Thanks for the input! I am able to ping the cube at address 192.168.1.55 without loosing any packets with a Latency of 2-4ms over the span of a minute. I also just tried switching the DNS directly to the router (192.168.1.1) and did a full power cycle. Sadly it still disconnected the LongPool after the 20 seconds. Currently I'm not running any firewall / security software on the host machine, just on the off chance that was the culprit, and the hosting machine is able to communicate on the internet without any issues as well.
wedgy2k

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:47:45 PM

Ok
I'm nearly out of ideas

Doggie is the man for rating PSU's
(I'm worried about shorting mine when my cube arrives hopefully tomorrow)

So to put your PSU fears to rest, can you connect to a getwork pool? (Sorry don't know any off the top of my head)

**Edit http://www.btcoxygen.com **
**Edit http://ozcoin.net/content/overview-bitcoin GW re-enabled on this one**

If you can and it hashes then its not the PSU
So we go back and look at the proxy

TheRealWeegee

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:12:56 PM

Ok
I'm nearly out of ideas

Doggie is the man for rating PSU's
(I'm worried about shorting mine when my cube arrives hopefully tomorrow)

So to put your PSU fears to rest, can you connect to a getwork pool? (Sorry don't know any off the top of my head)

**Edit http://www.btcoxygen.com **
**Edit http://ozcoin.net/content/overview-bitcoin GW re-enabled on this one**

If you can and it hashes then its not the PSU
So we go back and look at the proxy

Excellent point, just signed up with ozcoin. Seems to be working properly as we speak. Upwards of 7 minutes without a single disconnect. Much better than 20 seconds, At the very least we know the set up is working properly and is able to contact the outside world. I think you may be right, it might just be how the proxy is set up. It there any other command line arguments I can add to the mining_proxy.exe to improve stability?

http://puu.sh/5IAuL.png
wedgy2k

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:21:35 PM

Cool, so we're getting some where  Grin

I've never used a mining proxy (yet, and I will probably run it on my MAC as its on all the time for iTunes for my kids)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=23768.msg3867872#msg3867872

Mentions a -nm switch - I have no idea what this is but wizkid057 (looks after the pool) seems to think it is required

start the proxy with /? and see what switches are available

Sorry but i'm out of ideas now
At least you leave it running on GW earning while you do a bit research etc

TheRealWeegee

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:29:14 PM

Yup yup, I'll leave it hashing at OZC for now and see if I can get the proxy stable again. Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Cheesy
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:33:19 PM

Clicking noise keeps restarting my miner, until its back to low setting itself.

Probably the relay providing high current to the riser cards. If you have a voltmeter, I'd check the output voltage from your power supply and see if, when the clock jumps to high, if it pulls enough current to drop the voltage out and trip the supply briefly. You may need to wedge a 1000uF+ capacitor across the PCIe jacks to provide some burst current handling.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Bryzki

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:40:42 PM

hi, one of my cube miner just went down,first i smelled burnt plastic, then no red light on the cube but the 2 green lights are on, i saw that the pci-e port on the cube just melted down..

what should i do..? is the asicminer cube board replaceable? thank you in advance.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:55:10 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 10:01:27 PM by glendall

My cube miner has been a lot of problems Sad

Had all those problems getting it working in the first place. THen it worked for a few days okay.

But now the hash rate is really low. It averages around 26 GH on low and on high crashes with X X X X X X X's. Sigh.

I swapped PSU's to a 500W Gold certified with 30A from a 700W PSU and no change.  Sigh... !

edit: My BAD, my cube GOOD.  Seems my mining proxy running on one of my GPU mining rigs either desperately needed a restart or was just too over-burdended to feed the cube fast enough.  Now I'm hashing at 32 GH at low clock speed setting. Going to move the proxy to a mining-free computer and get my Seasonic 1200 W and now I'll really be able to see what this baby can do (currently can't maintain 'high', but thinking in proper settings my cube may even hit 39 or 40 GH on high )...

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
brwn8484

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:19:59 PM

Can someone help me?  I am reading the instructions that were provided and they seem clear, but I have not used any mining pools for bitcoin, only litecoin.   First.. how do I set up the IP address as directed in the instructions? 

Second... what is a stratum proxy and how does it work with a pool?   
Third....If I wanted to use Bitminter.com (web based pool) how would I use stratum proxy (with the cube) to connect to Bitminter.  How do I set up a Stratum proxy?  Is a proxy necessary to connect to Bitminter?
Fourth... does anyone know of a complete set of instructions for a complete newbie like me that start with setting up a particular miner and pool, gives exact instructions on where and when to set IP settings.o
Fifth.... what miner's does slushes pool require/allow?   What is slushes pool .  Is it a miner or just a pool.  Do I need a stratum proxy to connect to slushes pool.   
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:27:30 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 05:53:46 AM by J_Dubbs

Geez, these cubes sound like a pain or like they lack stability. I was right about to purchase one but now hesitant.

Edit: true to form I threw caution to the wind and ordered, supply will go fast where I bought and the price is significantly better than everywhere else I've seen.

So, what is THE power supply to use with these? Not looking to dick around to chase savings on power, just want to get it up and ruining solid.
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:57:48 AM

I've used rehashed 500W and 750W server supplies with success. Had one supply lay over on me running two overclocked Cubes - um, a little more than the built-in overclock - probably too close to the power limits and I had accidentally messed up part of the cooling. But in general they've done me well.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:18:15 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 06:43:50 AM by J_Dubbs

I've used rehashed 500W and 750W server supplies with success. Had one supply lay over on me running two overclocked Cubes - um, a little more than the built-in overclock - probably too close to the power limits and I had accidentally messed up part of the cooling. But in general they've done me well.

Perhaps you, or someone, can assist with the questions I have re PSU selection (Dogie's links to PSUs all seem broken).

1-
For powering 1 cube would this be okay?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

2-
For powering 2 cubes would this be okay?: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139056

3-
If I get a modular PSU can I skip the "paper clip trick" and leave out most of the wire mess? Hoping to keep the wiring clean as possible.

4-
I read a review where someone claims to run 2 cubes off this 600w Corsair: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092ML0OC/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0092ML0OC&linkCode=as2&tag=bitcoinrigs-20
Any thoughts on this one?

Edit: ended up buying the one in question 4 above, for $60 and a Corsair there's little chance I'll do any better for powering my one cube. If I need to power a second I'll cross that bridge when it get there, not right now though.
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:05:52 PM

Geez, these cubes sound like a pain or like they lack stability. I was right about to purchase one but now hesitant.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. This is a troubleshooting thread for the Cubes so we are hearing about the problems some miners have encountered. But we don't know what percentage of people have no problems at all.

Overall I'm quite happy with the cubes I have. They are running well and the build quality is very nice (I really like the solid aluminum enclosure).

-dmc
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:01:49 PM

One of mine had a bad chip on one card, and said card turned into the bad-card-causes-all-X. The same Cube actually, the freewheel diode on the relay coil failed open and then the coil arced itself over and shorted most of the coil, so it was pushing 800mA instead of 50mA turn-on current and fried the control transistor which required a fairly comical jerryrig to get back running.

The other Cube, which had been taken apart and messed with pretty much every day for two weeks, has been rock frickin' solid. So who knows. I only wish they'd made the cases a bit larger and put 140mm fans instead of 120, because the cards at the edges don't cool very well - especially the leftmost card (from the fan side) whose heatsink is up against the edge with almost zero fan cross-section.

glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:03:05 PM

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. This is a troubleshooting thread for the Cubes so we are hearing about the problems some miners have encountered. But we don't know what percentage of people have no problems at all.

Overall I'm quite happy with the cubes I have. They are running well and the build quality is very nice (I really like the solid aluminum enclosure).

-dmc

I don't know how they compare to other asics as this is my first, but really, they are generally easy to set up I think for most people. Keep in mind only the folks with problems post here mostly, not all the others that only spent 5 minutes setting their's up.

I've had a lot of trouble with mine but even still think it was a good buy and am running really well now after some fussing about. Been awhile but I think it was about the same amount of fussing about as getting GPU mining going smoothly when  I started.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
babaji.ca

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:38:45 PM

Well I am having some trouble with my power supply. It power the cube fan no problem but if I put a fuse in the cube, the thing powers off after a second or two..

I seem to remember somewhere that some power supply can sense that there is no mobo hooked up and needs some further 'trickery' to keep them running.

Search as I may, but I just cant find that message anywhere? Did anyone else see that message?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: