Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 02:45:44 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6215 times)
Lucio19

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:20:51 AM

I totally disagree with you. Holding good coins is a very good thing to do. Those who doesn't want to trade can hold coins and when the prize increases in the future, it will be a grate investment. Cheesy Cheesy
WuGong

Activity: 158

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:24:23 AM

I no longer think that HODL is profitable. I bought ETH for $700. I have saved it for a long time, and it is now only $180!
websing

Activity: 187

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:27:54 AM

if you analyze experiences from previous years, it is very likely that some coins still show very good results for a long time, and this of course requires time.
SvetikB

Activity: 504
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:30:12 AM

HODL is a working strategy, because there is not that much holders actually and this pacifism dont affect the market

Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:33:57 AM

I no longer think that HODL is profitable. I bought ETH for $700. I have saved it for a long time, and it is now only $180!
You will get profit from holding coins if you have enough patience and you choose correctly coins, which have good projects, useful in real life and the digital world.
But have many guys hold crypto coins according to crowd trend when the crypto-coin is in the downtrend, and they call this is hold for long-term Cheesy
Chom_

Activity: 228
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:44:26 AM

crypto trading to date is greater than the gold trade in the market, if a token or coin that you hold have a clear concept in the project, would be helpful to hold coins good for some time,
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:46:50 AM

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

That's right. But to deny that crypto is a promising technology with a great future is just stupid. And if there is a good future that will be a big price)

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
BlueBerry412

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:54:22 AM

Holding will get you nowhere. It wides the chance of making good profit.
CrownMade423

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:54:37 AM

Hold the coin which have potential. It won't disappoint you.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
cewekimut

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:54:52 AM

This concept is very good for applied, by holding the coin for a long period of time was very good. I often experienced this and proved to be able to generate a profit. Trade without using a strategy I think it will be difficult to earn a profit. And for now, that is often experienced was panic trading when they know that the market has fallen. You must remain patient until the market back up.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
BaseCamp545

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:55:18 AM

I think holding is still more powerful investment strategy of all.
Om George Kesurupan

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:56:38 AM

According to me, by doing hodl, then I would get a suit that I am targeting. because this is a way hodl to acquire as you wish. Save up in accordance with the price target.
bagikoin

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 06:59:46 AM

the rise and fall of values in crypto depending on supply and demand of dar is happening in the market. When only silence and wait this is safe but has no influence at all from what is done. but at least when can hold would be better than having to sell in the value of the loss. in fact, it also at least also keep value in order not to fall into the increasingly lower prices again.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
karicir
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:14:56 AM

I will not support your opinion. To buy the altcoins and  to hold on to this moment is the best stratigy based on the realities of the crypto-currency market. Although this is a purely individual choice.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
paulsen

Activity: 232
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:23:02 AM

I think quite the opposite. should the purpose of the hodling is to benefit in accordance with the target. so, before reaching the target, then keep hodl. the key is to be patient, because after hodl, definitely there will be a point increase.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:34:56 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

I agree. Make strategic trade choices.
What is important is you protect your downside.
Market moves in waves, if it pumps, sell a few, then if it pumps some more, then sell some more.
If it dips, buy some, if it dips lower, buy some more.
bittools

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:10:09 PM

If holding a coin is the only way that can be done. Yes, how about it. But it would be nice if the market goes down and you still hold a coin, you better take a good opportunity for you to buy coins again at a low price like the market today.
stryker

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:30:02 PM

Or you are poorly monitored or evaluated only superficially. Look at the situation that was then on the market. You all need to understand.
drmasa

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:35:01 PM

Yes you should trade not hodl, so you can lose money and someone else earn that sweet money of yours  Cheesy ! Great advice no doubt  Roll Eyes ! If early adopters traded their btc last years they would probably lose milions till now!
Raheemolu

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

This is not always true. Hodling a token can get you somewhere. I made a mistake sometimes ago to sell a token and two weeks after I sold the token, it started mooning, rising like 250%
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: