Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:12:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6194 times)
supahlovah

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:06:46 PM

It is less risky than everyday trading and it depends from which coins you are going to hold and for how long time you are ready to wait
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 08:09:13 PM

the holding of cryptocurrencies has been a great source of price appreciation for those coins that are in great numbers off the market trading operations as the holding has created a means of scarcity and it is normal with the laws of demand and supply. holding also allows the price of coins to appreciate and that is also a plus as one can then sell off in a good profit margin.

unbotak

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:16:41 PM

It is less risky than everyday trading and it depends from which coins you are going to hold and for how long time you are ready to wait
if you can choose the right coin, holding can be very profitable, so I think it's better to hold Bitcoin in the long run because Bitcoin is a coin that has great potential in the future. besides Bitcoin, I think ETH is also very suitable for long-term investment.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:25:17 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.
That is nothing but your thought. What makes you think hodling can take one no where. You think selling a good coin cheaply will take you somewhere.
I just wonder sometimes how some feel dumping their coins is the best way to make it in the crypto space.
If you have come across a good coin, u believe you will change your notion on dumping every single coin you have. With the little experience i have, i have learnt to hodl and not sell hastily.
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:43:02 PM

If you are waiting too long to sell the coins then it is best that the coins get sold on the market for fiat.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Supec77

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:45:58 PM

Well,how to say, especially in such a market, I recommend everyone to have patience, and Holding is a big plus,you do not waste your nerves and energy,but just wait as an experienced investor in the long term, and you understand that they will still grow and give you a lot of profits in the future, if you are of
Adenthove

Activity: 97

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 08:49:16 PM

the holding of cryptocurrencies has been a great source of price appreciation for those coins that are in great numbers off the market trading operations as the holding has created a means of scarcity and it is normal with the laws of demand and supply. holding also allows the price of coins to appreciate and that is also a plus as one can then sell off in a good profit margin.
The supply is not going to ever change so the coins could get expensive. I just want the coins on a crowded network to be able to do quick transactions .

GabrielKiara

Activity: 273
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:02:32 PM

Yeah many people didn't know about that or know but just keep silent and continuously join with them. If you just holding and not doing anything you will got nothing.
spaso_87

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:08:41 PM

indeed probably the price will not go up when only hold. but it would be better than selling because of course will only make things worse only. Indeed the movement that exists will depend on the market demand and certainly when there's selling this means there will be bought that also included the liveliness in the market without everything to join the transaction.
potivech
Copper Member

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:09:09 PM

Keep BTC. In 2013 many alts pumped alongside bitcoin but as the bear market persisted most of the alts of the time eventually withered and died, just go look at a historical screenshot of 2014 and see how many of those alts are in the top 100 now, most of these projects have residual money left over from the exuberance of the December-January run up
BTCreward

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:20:30 PM

I think that it is possible to keep in the long term, as the market is young and it will grow. The fact that this year has fallen so much does not mean that this is all over.

sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:36:59 PM

I believe in the demand and supply chain. It’s that chain which actually controls the price. To speak about you not believing in the hold hold hold principle; holding used to be profitable especially when people joined projects not just for profits but for the love of the projects. But now everyone looks hungry and joins a project only to double or triple his/her investment. It’s the reason why holding is no more useful.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 11:50:01 PM

All of them depend on what coins you hold. If the coin that you hold is above 100, you won't get anything. but if you hold a coin with a good rating, I think you will have a great opportunity to get good results. It can even be much better than what you expect because there are many surprises that you cannot expect.

This is a market for cryptocurrency is not blue chips.
Here sometimes a little-known token can make + 1000% of the price for a few days.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:09:40 AM

I am believe, in any market, some people hold and some people trade. Price always determined by demand and supply, HODL strategy is reducing supply in market. I think by reducing supply market, price will increasing
sixexgames

Activity: 406

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2018, 12:12:31 AM

Well HODLing is better than selling anyway. But with Ethereum around $200 and everything else way down from their highs, these past few months have been a giant buying opportunity.

Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:16:31 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

The reason why people are still applying the principle of HODL is that, if you see your coin at the bottom at this moment and you buy it at the top, you have the mindset that you lose if you sell it. That is so simple hope you understand.
drmasa

Activity: 270

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:40:18 AM

And if all early adopters of bitcoin and even ethereum wasnt hodling where would they be now. I love to trade but there is always some small amount of coins for trade and play, and large amount for hodling and waiting for the "next big thing"
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 01:57:31 AM

Well HODLing is better than selling anyway. But with Ethereum around $200 and everything else way down from their highs, these past few months have been a giant buying opportunity.

But hodling without selling anyway will not make money right? Sometimes we need to support this market volume by do some trading activity. Just imagine if all of us are only holding & there are no trading activity, so in the other way daily trading are so important for keeping this field are alive IMO.
Agapelove

Activity: 425

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:06:56 AM

This topic was posted last May. That time cryptocurrencies are on the downward trend. After 6 months, prices are still very low compared last year. So, is it still advisable to hold? Or just hold because.there is no other way, otherwise you'll lose? Hoping that bullish market will come evwn early next year if not this year.
btc78

Activity: 2548
Merit: 216

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:11:37 AM

Lol not everyone has single stand thats why its impossible for the coins to grow if all of us Hodl,but one thing is certain that if you can handle to hold for much longer time,maybe years or more then this is when the Hodling progressing.this is not about overnight system,this will rely on how long you afford to commit in hodling the cryptocurrencies

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: