Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODLing will get you nowhere  (Read 6183 times)
rabinot

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 01:17:45 AM

I would argue with you because people who invested in long-term earned a lot of money in the past and it seems to me that in the future it will be possible to earn it very well

⚫▶ BUILDERIUM.io Token Sale Starts ▶ July 23 th, 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 01:00:48 AM

Never hold you ico asset when you get have listed at exchange market, although you can take profit for selling as soon you have sell it, never hold for long term because your ico asset will be lower price and drop after many advicer of ico sell their asset.
i also lost the opportunity several times to have a lot of advantages when i made the decision to hold the old ico token in my wallet, that's why now i don't really believe in holding the ico tokens too long. it's very difficult to maintain the price of the ico tokens at the price of the sale when in exchange.

but not all ico tokens are bad, there are some ico tokens that i still hold. and so far the price isn't too bad in my opinion. so in my opinion before we buy or sell ico tokens. we better check their travel map before making a decision to sell it or keep holding it.

hanomnom

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 08:51:45 AM

Whe my friend, who is good at understaing the market told me about the hodlers, I coudl not believe him. What is the point of hoping, when your money are melting every second?
nemesio

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:42:39 AM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

People screaming: HODL!!!  It will moon someday!!!!

Another one that is common: When BINANCE!?!?! If only we were on Binance!!!

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.
And everyone is crying on their Telegram.

Listen very closely yo: The price will never rise if everyone HODls!

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

Instead of Hodling, you should be buying and making strategic trade choices.

However, people, who were hodling XRP now get good profts. In the same time, it is more likely to be an exception than the rule. Similar cases stimulate other hodlers.
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 12:26:41 AM

First post was in May. I would suggest you all to look at the CHX and its price from beginning of the year and now. Price is above ATH that was in May!! HODL or not decide for yourself.
Tope559

Activity: 199

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:41:55 AM

In your opinion you think holding is not good for increasing the price of a particular altcoin. If an altcoin wants to do better in the market depends on the project and the product. The price of a coin can not just increase without demanding for it when they have a working product. On the other hand not all coin you can hold because not all coin will make it to the future.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:07:46 AM

I think many people already know about the value of cryptocurrency determined by supply and demand and crypto users themselves who can do that. If you decide something good HODL or SELL it must be in accordance with the strategy you made not because of fellow users shouting "HODL" or "SELL", if your decision is considered wrong then you can learn from it.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 05:10:41 AM

If you're not good in trading then holding might be a solution for long-term.

Individual traders need to find an efficient way to do their quantitative trading instead of obsessing with market changes. Put your trading idea into a code system and run this system to free your mind.

I would suggest you first learn paper trading, if you have mastered trading on an exchange and you make profit on daily base. you can begin margin. Otherwise debt is near to you.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
cubicdissection

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:29:07 AM

its depend on coin and project behind its if you hold good potential coin for long term then you will get huge profit from its and if you want fast profit then sell its for small profit
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:34:34 AM

I used to believe that holding is also the best way since I also read a lot of "HODL" posts and "Moon Soon" only to realize that I am only making an excuse for my lack of skill in trading. I think many are also like this, they tell you to hold but deep inside they would also sell if they knew or atleast have an idea that the market will crash.
Nisharawal

Activity: 336

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:32:57 PM

let me re- phrase it for you, short term hodling will get you nowhere. see, that is much better Smiley

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:36:40 PM

The past week, as I've been looking to invest in recently finished ICOs since most of their prices are way below ICO price, I noticed the same thing mentioned over and over in their telegram channels.

This makes me laugh inside.  Crypto is not a magical place where all coins will eventually rise in value if you just hold on to them.

Most ICOs did very poorly the last 3 months.  The ones that did the worst were the ones that started in January
Now, a lot of these startups are underfunded and could only list in low volume exchanges and seeing their prices crash to ridiculously low prices.

Prices are boosted through supply and demand and if a vast majority of people who own the coin are not trading it, than you are severely cutting in to that chain.

I quite agree with your own opinion above, crypto price increase is a functionality of demand and supply curves in the market,so holding coins without trading will not create the desired economic impact as to move the market price up.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:41:14 PM

I used to believe that holding is also the best way since I also read a lot of "HODL" posts and "Moon Soon" only to realize that I am only making an excuse for my lack of skill in trading. I think many are also like this, they tell you to hold but deep inside they would also sell if they knew or atleast have an idea that the market will crash.
Logic will dictates if you have broad knowledge about the business and how the market will move, things are different between knowledgeable investors and newbies without any good experience, the actions that will going to take will be according to their understanding, holding is for long term investment where you will just keep buying and not to be bothered by any thing around the market while with newbies they will act according to what they've seen is right knowing that there's a lots of things that will impact the market and mostly they've loses their money.
queennathalia

Activity: 434
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:44:27 PM

Be wise guys, If you try to invest just hold your breath and take some good timing. I mean check it their profile. Like BCH, What is the best development of BCH this 2018, Of course they have coming a hard fork. So if you see the price of BCH its increased. I know you get my point. Make you sure your coins you've invested had a good development or improvement in the future.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:54:46 PM

Hodling will eventually give you tons of gains that you've dreamed of because if 2019 is the time where crypto will pump that it will break it's ath and i hope that you also can join boat before it leaves.
OTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:01:46 PM

Why are you saying that. Holding will help you get somewhere. Holding will eventually give you tokens which are additional to your initial coin. Holding is indeed beneficial in cryptocurrency.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 07:26:03 AM

It is in your own decision if you want to make a decision of holding your tokens. But make sure that when you hold a coin, you should have no doubt with it. Because what is the purpose of holding a coin if you have doubt on the coin. Holding the coin will surely generate you good profit, but not just hold for 1 month.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
bennypagulayan

Activity: 280

MEGATRON - THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:21:37 AM

Absolutely correct, I think they just talk to each other, they do not have enough patience to hold, they will also sell when the market drops, they are also shy and fearful people. unlike the words they say.

███    TWITTER   █████████████████ MEGATRON ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN        ████             THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION             ████     LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████   WEBSITE    ███████████████████       FACEBOOK      ███
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:32:36 AM

Many disagree with the post but I think OP has a valid point.

Buying a coin or token at $1000 and kept holding until the price dips to $200 will definitely get you nowhere (maybe to the grave Grin)
The funds from selling at an earlier time before the price dipped could have been used in buying/selling other coins and gain profits.

Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 09:38:00 AM

It is not true. If you want to hold your coins, than you are not hunting for short term profit. Just accept this, if you are going long term, you should be ready to hold your coins for several years in a row. If you cannot do this, than start with trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: