Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:32:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Devastation  (Read 504742 times)
iamback

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 01:43:04 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 01:56:31 AM by iamback

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Mar 20: rise of 3rd parties == breakup of USA != end of MORASS
Date:    Thu, March 19, 2015 9:47 pm
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to get away from quoting and writing about Armstrong, but before I do, I want to address his claim that the timing is right for his top-down "Solutions" to the MOR-ASS:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/03/19/time-to-get-the-debate-moving/

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/03/19/the-man-destroying-the-republican-party/

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/03/09/downs-armstrong-from-capitol-hill/

The Fascists at the helm of the DEEP STATE will not allow the Tea Party to take over WA D.C.! No way!

Also as the economy collapses in 2016 or 2017, the number of people dependent on the government welfare will rise, thus the democrats will gain more support.

Boehner works for the DEEP STATE and they realize they will leverage "old boy" Republicans and Democrats to retain control. In worst case, they will move to totalitarianism and executive orders.

The third parties will gain a lot but not win (if necessary elections will be rigged) and this will cause the USA to go into essentially civil unrest and war. The inability to get anything reformed from WA D.C. will drive the breakup of the USA.

This is a MORASS. Armstrong is welcome to throw his time down this blackhole.

Password scrambled, ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Formerly AnonyMint, TheFascistMind, contagion, UnunoctaniumTesticles.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:21:58 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 05:37:30 AM by CoinCube

All reputation systems scale to "winner take all". Humans can manage this in small tribes within their Dunbar limit where they can see all the shit that everyone does to minute detail so the tribal leader is held accountable. But we don't live in isolated tribes any more. Thermodynamics applies in spades (c.f. Coasian barriers, closed vs. open systems, etc).

By standing in the way of their adjustment by impeding the incentives the free market will give humans to adapt, he will only make the problem worse.

As for welfare to help people over the hump of their adjustments, we can all do that. We all know people we can help out.

The Dunbar number (the hypothesized maximum number of people man can maintain stable social relationships with) is thought to be anywhere between 150-250. It seems reasonable that with the aid of modern technology and only for trade this could be extended by a factor of at least 2-5 before you start to hit serious issues with reputation and scaling. So an enhanced barter system with the aid of technology could probably function reasonably well as long as the group size was limited to somewhere between 300-1000 people. Small trading groups could potentially exist within a larger community. Barter transactions would be incentivized by tax avoidance and the need to not compromize government benefits and inhibited by the natural inefficiencies that are unavoidable with barter.

Would it work? I have no idea. The poor are typically poor for reasons that go far beyond bad luck. However, their economic incentives going forward will increasingly favor barter transactions so it seems at least plausible that something like this would help them at least to some degree.

I am of the opinion that any system that encourages and allows trade to occur without debt and without fiat is a step in the right direction. Some attempted solutions may be more useful than others and some will fail outright but I believe it is a mistake to summarily dismiss and discourage those with interesting ideas.

That you can fall into this shit which has been tried over and over in history just goes to show how hopeless it is to reform a MOR-ASS. Humans are really blinded to their fate in the Petri dish. They will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

I find myself in the odd position of quoting Martin Armstrong back at you.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/10/13/solution/

Quote from: Martin Armstrong
The system can be reformed. We must eliminate the old guard who refuse to see the light because they are the very problem. This is part of the political reform process that will begin after 2016.

On this issue as on many others my friend we agree on the overall picture but not the details. Like Armstrong I also believe government can eventually be reformed. It will not come easy and it will not come soon (definitly not before a major collapse and probably not this generation) but I believe it can eventually be done.  

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 05:23:31 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 04:50:17 AM by CoinCube

Sorry to bother you here, but do you think that with another topic we could take more reviews into consideration about the proposed system?

l3552 as I said before I think your idea is interesting and certainly deserves a hearing. I have no objections to you starting a thread on it and moving further discussion there. To the degree it matters you have the CoinCube thumbs up.

Edit: For further discussion https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=998993.0

iamback

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:24:17 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 12:35:40 PM by iamback

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Mar 20: Armstrong (& most humans) is a Marxist! (even he doesn't  realize it)
Date:    Fri, March 20, 2015 8:30 am
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheesh CoinCube, your Marxist tilt makes you so gullible. I expect greater rationality from you with your math background! Where did you attain the Maxist indoctrination? How can you rid yourself of that mental disease?

All reputation systems scale to "winner take all". Humans can manage this in small tribes within their Dunbar limit where they can see all the shit that everyone does to minute detail so the tribal leader is held accountable. But we don't live in isolated tribes any more. Thermodynamics applies in spades (c.f. Coasian barriers, closed vs. open systems, etc).

The Dunbar number (the hypothesized maximum number of people man can maintain stable social relationships with) is thought to be anywhere between 150-250. It seems reasonable that with the aid of modern technology and only for trade this could be extended by a factor of at least 2-5 before you start to hit serious issues with reputation and scaling.

Absolutely false!

The actual number (when applied to this context) is well below a 100, because people simply don't have enough time to both work, raise a family, and be on top of the myriad of ways that those with reputation secretly (i.e. opaquely through a side channel outside the transparent paradigm) aggregate power.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/03/17/the-majority-are-just-fools/

Quote from: Armstrong
In 2000, Bill and Hillary Clinton owed millions of dollars in legal debt. Since then, they’ve earned over $130 million. Where did the money come from? Most people assume that the Clintons amassed their wealth through lucrative book deals and high-six figure fees for speaking gigs. Now, Peter Schweizer shows who is really behind those enormous payments.

I was asked to review the documents when Hillary amazingly made hundreds of thousands of dollars trading futures at the same precise time she was in meetings. Her lawyer had an account at the same firm and a trade would be put on but left open until the end of the day. It would be a spread long and short the same commodity. At the end of the day, the losing trade went to her lawyer and the win into her account. Today, that is called money laundering.

This is why society must crash and burn. It is just too damn corrupt and the majority are simply sheep who believe whatever they say.

To Armstrong, that is the reason that even direct democracy will never solve the dilemma of politics being a power vacuum where the winner takes all, e.g. the DEEP STATE which is now in control.

Proxies for investigation and reporting such as the media can be controlled with power, thus they are not a fulcrum which can be used to raise the Dunbar limit. Politics only works in small isolated groups. We humans are still trying to do what we did to organize ourselves as hunter-gatherers, but this evolutionary ingrained paradigm causes us to be Marxist and enslave ourselves. We wonder why we are enslaved when we trust politics above our Dunbar limit and then blame what is natural for the cause, e.g. blaming greed, filling of power vacuums (thermodynamics & entropy), and our ability to exist (i.e. non-uniform distributions of skills, talents, interest, wealth, personality, etc[1]).

I have risen above my hunter-gatherer brain, but it seems most people can't evolve! Including both CoinCube and Armstrong! They just don't get it!

Again for the 100th time (fuck I am tired of writing the damn same thing over and over and the gullible Marxists just can't get it and that is why we must crash and burn), I will quote about the Logic of Collective Action about how power MUST aggregate to those who are the most corrupt:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=984

Quote from: Eric S Raymond @ 155+IQ progenitor of the "open source" movement
Some Iron Laws of Political Economics

Mancur Olson, in his book The Logic Of Collective Action, highlighted the central problem of politics in a democracy. The benefits of political market-rigging can be concentrated to benefit particular special interest groups, while the costs (in higher taxes, slower economic growth, and many other second-order effects) are diffused through the entire population.

The result is a scramble in which individual interest groups perpetually seek to corner more and more rent from the system, while the incremental costs of this behavior rise slowly enough that it is difficult to sustain broad political opposition to the overall system of political privilege and rent-seeking.

When you add to Olson’s model the fact that the professional political class is itself a special interest group which collects concentrated benefits from encouraging rent-seeking behavior in others, it becomes clear why, as Olson pointed out, “good government” is a public good subject to exactly the same underproduction problems as other public goods. Furthermore, as democracies evolve, government activity that might produce “good government” tends to be crowded out by coalitions of rent-seekers and their tribunes.

This general model has consequences. Here are some of them:

There is no form of market failure, however egregious, which is not eventually made worse by the political interventions intended to fix it.

Political demand for income transfers, entitlements and subsidies always rises faster than the economy can generate increased wealth to supply them from.

Although some taxes genuinely begin by being levied for the benefit of the taxed, all taxes end up being levied for the benefit of the political class.

The equilibrium state of a regulatory agency is to have been captured by the entities it is supposed to regulate.

The probability that the actual effects of a political agency or program will bear any relationship to the intentions under which it was designed falls exponentially with the amount of time since it was founded.

The only important class distinction in any advanced democracy is between those who are net producers of tax revenues and those who are net consumers of them.

Corruption is not the exceptional condition of politics, it is the normal one.

Changing the leaders of central planning to engineers or traders won't change the fact that the power vacuum will force the most corrupt to rise to the top and "winner take all". Armstrong is wasting his fucking time. The only possible solution is as it has always been since 6000 B.C., which is private money for the Private waves in Armstrong's cyclical model of oscillation between resets of the political MORASS. Armstrong believes private money is impossible in the digital age. If he is correct, then the human race will go extinct. I know the technology of cryptography and anonymity. I know Armstrong is incorrect. We will have private money in the digital age. The collective morass will eventually have to put a chip inside our body in order to attempt to stop private money (but that is for a future time, not this cycle).

[1] I am not going to explain all over again why we can't exist without diversity and how for us to all be the same and omniscient would require the speed-of-light to be infinite which would collapse the present and past into an infinitesimal point in time, c.f. my blog posts which eludicated this is great detail:

http://unheresy.com/Information%20Is%20Alive.html

http://unheresy.com/The%20Universe.html

So an enhanced barter system with the aid of technology could probably function reasonably well as long as the group size was limited to somewhere between 300-1000 people. Small trading groups could potentially exist within a larger community. Barter transactions would be incentivized by tax avoidance and the need to not compromize government benefits and inhibited by the natural inefficiencies that are unavoidable with barter.

Would it work? I have no idea. The poor are typically poor for reasons that go far beyond bad luck. However, their economic incentives going forward will increasingly favor barter transactions so it seems at least plausible that something like this would help them at least to some degree.

I am of the opinion that any system that encourages and allows trade to occur without debt and without fiat is a step in the right direction. Some attempted solutions may be more useful than others and some will fail outright but I believe it is a mistake to summarily dismiss and discourage those with interesting ideas.

Nobody wants a money that has a limited scope. Precisely what makes money useful is it raises the efficiency of trade. The poor don't want some unit which they can only get one or two things in exchange for. They want fungible money just like the rest of us do!

And non-anonymous ledger isn't going to help anyone escape taxation. The government will threaten to cut off their welfare benefits.

The idea is the insanely stupid idea, I can't even believe you fell for it! Cripes, I am very disappointed in you. You have absolutely no talent whatsoever as an entrepreneur. You are too far removed from reality.

That you can fall into this shit which has been tried over and over in history just goes to show how hopeless it is to reform a MOR-ASS. Humans are really blinded to their fate in the Petri dish. They will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

I find myself in the odd position of quoting Martin Armstrong back at you.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/10/13/solution/

Quote from: Martin Armstrong
The system can be reformed. We must eliminate the old guard who refuse to see the light because they are the very problem. This is part of the political reform process that will begin after 2016.

On this issue as on many others my friend we agree on the overall picture but not the details. Like Armstrong I also believe government can eventually be reformed. It will not come easy and it will not come soon (definitly not before a major collapse and probably not this generation) but I believe it can eventually be done.  

You can join Armstrong and both of you can be good Marxists who believe you can top-down manage the universe.

Sorry I am smarter than you guys.

P.S. I suspect Armstrong is starting to realize I am correct. I think he is too smart not to get this. I hope I am not disappointed by him.

Password scrambled, ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Formerly AnonyMint, TheFascistMind, contagion, UnunoctaniumTesticles.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:25:35 PM

The Dunbar Number perhaps merits a thread of its own (although it would be way O/T).  I still marvel how our daughter has 600 "friends" on Facebook.  I once went through the exercise of calculating the number of "friends" I have ever had (friend defined as someone where I got their name and had some kind of real conversation with -- clearly a "loose" definition of friend (ie, makes my total higher), the number wound up about 350 - 400).  350 to 400?  I am not even extroverted (really).

I also observe that the trend for years has been towards a "winner take all" society, I do not have any links handy re this topic, but it really does seem to be what is happening throughout the world (perhaps in part BECAUSE the world is more connected).  The top 0.001% (or so, and of course varies by the arena in which the winners are playing) really are winning more than in the past.

Whether that is good or not is not up to me to decide, nor even how much it really matters...
iamback

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:14:01 PM

Your count of acquaintances is not your Dunbar limit in the context of knowing everything a person does so they can't cheat.

I doubt most of us would want to live in a tribe, where everything we do is not private.

Anonymity is not only necessary, it is also more desirable because we all like some privacy and to choose what we want to share.

Those (e.g. l3552) who are pitching these reputation ideas, are probably NSA moles who want to enslave us. They paint some wonderful Marxist delusion and you gullible suckers fall for it every damn time.

OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 12:24:03 AM

iamback

Your MUCH stricter definition of members in a Dunbar Limit/Number means that I would have far fewer...  Maybe 10 - 12, that's about it.  That count would include family members.

Re anonymity, I agree.  I would rather have at least a fair amount of anonymity rather than being in a "tribe", even a large-ish one where everyone "knows" each other by a "reputation".  Even among a tribe of people who "agree" on matters. 

Mmm, maybe it's because I "never played well with others..."

You also raise, with subtlety, the issue of the seductive power of Marxism, at least in a sense.  And the power of Marxism works!  Look who our president is!  And I have little-to-no faith that any of the more attractive sounding candidates (eg, Scott Walker) really would do any better.  Maybe..., but as the old saying goes: "Hold your breath, you'll die."

Galt's Gulch may be our best solution for the next few years.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:00:37 AM

When we are angry at mankind
Or rave at some depravity of mind
When we would curse behaviour of a kind
To argue, rather than to view benign
It is with our own self we battle wage
When choosing not to understand, nor to engage
With that from which we isolate our self
With anger sent, to where, perhaps is needed help
Lest fearful, reason may just find the time
With tenderness, to enter in our mind.
And so it is perhaps from loss of our own face
We are so quick to shout of their disgrace
But we should not lose sight of our own sins
Though, in different colours dressed, appear they in
For is not all, of nature in this life?
The good, the bad, together, love, and strife
As nature, this is how such things will be
So it is not how loud we shout, but what we see
And seeing do, to help, to liberate
To free with tolerance, not shut the gate
That is
How it should be

-- Egal Bohen

iamback

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:01:13 AM

CoinCube perhaps that is not fair. Although it is true I have raged, it is because there is never any consistent traction. I tried to use forceful dialogue to make sure you didn't waste your time down a delusional path and dilute all the effort I (and you) have put into this thread. But perhaps you are correct. I should let it go.

Today was an incredibly bizarre day for me. I reconnected with my first wife for the first communication in 20 years, who is now happily married with 3 daughters.

Talk about causing a total reordering of priorities. In a few instants, her kindness has made me realize my entire life is a failure. Through her kindness I have collapsed in a river of tears. All of sudden, everything else in this world seemed so unimportant.

When you know you've lost the woman who really loved you, no amount of accomplishments can restore such a mistake.

You only get to be 20s once and fall in love for a lifetime. And you screw that up, what the hell does it matter if Obama kills me with a drone because I tried to foster the ideals that she and I fought for at the Perot national convention in 1992.

On top of that I ran 3 times today. First time in a long time, I achieved nearly 4 miles in one day. Raw vegan diet may be working.

Should I apologize CoinCube? For trying to impress what I think is the correct logic. Perhaps. Perhaps I should STFU.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:33:25 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 02:37:45 PM by CoinCube

Should I apologize CoinCube? For trying to impress what I think is the correct logic. Perhaps. Perhaps I should STFU.

There is nothing to apologize for at least not to me. I see wisdom in that poem and only wanted to share it.
None of us can change the distant past. The best we clay footed humans can do is try to muddle along as best we can take the lessons we learn along the way and try to apply them going forward.

Below is a piece of knowledge that someone very smart taught me.

Quote from: AnonyMint
The knowledge creation process is opaque to a single top-down perspective of the universe because to be omniscient would require that the transmission of change in the universe would propagate instantly to the top-down observer

Every possible model of the brain will lack the fundamental cause of human creativity— every human brain is unique. Thus each of billions of brains is able to contemplate possibilities and scenarios differently enough so that it is more likely at least one brain will contemplate some unique idea that fits each set of possibilities at each point in time.

Some new ideas will take us down dead ends. Others will enhance and perhaps even replace our current paradigm. I believe your work is unique and takes us to a higher level of understanding. Honest challengers will in the end only strengthen that understanding. One of those challengers may bring to the table another unique contribution that takes us even higher. Most or perhaps all will be dead ends yet still foster discussion furthering overall awareness.

This thread has progressed from debating the existance of the problem to debating potential solutions to the problem. I would call that progress.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:17:06 PM

CoinCube perhaps that is not fair. Although it is true I have raged, it is because there is never any consistent traction. I tried to use forceful dialogue to make sure you didn't waste your time down a delusional path and dilute all the effort I (and you) have put into this thread. But perhaps you are correct. I should let it go.

Today was an incredibly bizarre day for me. I reconnected with my first wife for the first communication in 20 years, who is now happily married with 3 daughters.

Talk about causing a total reordering of priorities. In a few instants, her kindness has made me realize my entire life is a failure. Through her kindness I have collapsed in a river of tears. All of sudden, everything else in this world seemed so unimportant.

When you know you've lost the woman who really loved you, no amount of accomplishments can restore such a mistake.

You only get to be 20s once and fall in love for a lifetime. And you screw that up, what the hell does it matter if Obama kills me with a drone because I tried to foster the ideals that she and I fought for at the Perot national convention in 1992.

On top of that I ran 3 times today. First time in a long time, I achieved nearly 4 miles in one day. Raw vegan diet may be working.

No don't shut up, at least not permanently. You have reflected on your life and what really is important. If you set a goal to surround yourself with loved ones you can make it happen. There is solace and peace of mind knowing that you have others that have your back and love you.

He may have been a fictional character but Spock was right when he said 'Live long and prosper'.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
OROBTC
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:02:49 PM

I keep telling all of you sumzabitchez that this is a great thread, maybe the greatest ever.  Explorers, pioneers of new ideas add a lot of value to our world in that they have to work and pay a heavy price for many of the advances we have seen.

And now we know more about you, iamback.  OK, now we have seen a price you have had to pay for your work.  CoinCube has recognized greatness when he sees it, and graciously engages you to perform even better.  He even passed along some ancient wisdom from some "AnonyMint"...   Wink

I am pleased to have been a small part of this thread.  It has taken me awhile to catch on to the rhythms here.
l3552

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:52:21 PM

Maybe it can help now.

Discovering Your Creative Potential, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYdiCCyU2zc
Tapping Into the Source of Creativity, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlFM8Aw8dU
Clearing What's Blocking You, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-DeGQ6O4Qw
Unleashing Your Creative Energy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boxyebAac2Y
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 07:51:07 PM

In fact, I am predicting New Zealand to be the next Silicon valley, because of KimDotCom's initiative and political success and because in the new era of virtual collaboration then the best programmers (like myself) will choose to live and work in paradise (have you seen photos of New Zealand?)!

They have chapters of things like the Fabian society in New Zealand, amongst other bizarre, ideological institutions that are found in old money Europe and the US.  Those kinds of ties, "old boys club", or whatever you want to call it, make it hard for places to just break out from whatever London, the US, etc, is doing.

When you called New Zealand paradise, there seems to be some strange weather patterns there that are documented to cause negatives to human mental state.  I can't recall all the different reasons for why it occurs, I believe some of it had to do with ionization, then there were a few other variables.  Here's where it talks about it some on Wikipedia:

"About 10 percent of people affected by the nor’wester feel elated and wonderful. But the rest feel depressed, irritable, and lacking energy. People feel they can’t cope with everyday things. ... There is irrational anxiety and a sense of foreboding."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nor%27west_arch

There's more in-depth information out there about the NZ weather effect on mental state.  I think a lot of it only affects certain towns/cities bordering a specific side of the island.  As with everything, sme people get sea sick, and some people don't, so similar immunity and susceptibility may apply here.

Most people from that part of the world seem to want to leave NZ and go to Australia instead for some reason when given the choice.  A lot of Ireland looks like New Zealand, and people aren't tripping over themselves to leave the UK and go to Ireland.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:27:04 AM

When you called New Zealand paradise, there seems to be some strange weather patterns there that are documented to cause negatives to human mental state.  I can't recall all the different reasons for why it occurs, I believe some of it had to do with ionization, then there were a few other variables.  Here's where it talks about it some on Wikipedia:

There is actually some medical evidence to support this. I have not read the studies myself so I cannot comment on how good they are but there is some data to suggest that negative ionization in the air as associated with improved mood.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23320516

Quote from: Metaanalysis
Negative air ionization was associated with lower depression scores particularly at the highest exposure level. Future research is needed to evaluate the biological plausibility of this association.

The nor'wester is apparently the opposite phenonomina high positive ions in the air due to rare, very warm, very dry wind?

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 04:34:40 AM

Maybe it can help now.

Discovering Your Creative Potential, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYdiCCyU2zc
Tapping Into the Source of Creativity, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXlFM8Aw8dU
Clearing What's Blocking You, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-DeGQ6O4Qw
Unleashing Your Creative Energy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boxyebAac2Y

If someone had asked me to estimate the probability I would listen to a talk from a Bon Buddhist master today I would have told them 0%.

That said sometimes your day suprises you. I greatly enjoyed the first of these Discovering Your Creative Potential. Thanks for sharing.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 02:16:33 PM

Check this out...

Here is our automated future. For those with the gift of writing code and bringing the triad together, the sky is the limit and will collapse capitalism as we know it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xOK2aJ-0Js

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:24:32 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2015, 08:38:26 PM by CoinCube

Cross posting from the reputation coin thread as it is relevant.

The fundamental source of the problem is our collective inability to personally track reputations as we form ever larger social groups. This forces us to turn to centralized systems of rules, regulations and reputations to cope. However, such order is innately unstable as any centralized system will be exploited to the maximal degree possible by the sociopaths in the population.

Sociopaths leverage inefficiencies in the social contract to skim rents from honest players. Using the power generated from these rents they further warp the system opening ever larger wounds for their parasitism. Intelligent non sociopaths quickly learn to emulate the sociopaths as this becomes the obvious and most efficient means to achieve material wealth. Eventually the system devolves to the point where a majority are behaving in this manner with foreseeable consequences.

Fractional reserve and debt collapses have occurred throughout history. However, this is possibly only the first manifestation of this human failure. Even if we excised sociopathy from finance and somehow enforced fiscal discipline and sound money my suspicion is that this problem would simply manifest later in history with a different face. There are many areas where decay is currently occurring including weakening of the marital bond, decline of individual responsibility, and ever increasing growth of indoctrination standardized education. Would any of these lead eventually to a collapse if allowed to fester long enough? We have not yet seen that historically but perhaps this is because finance and debt is most easily rotted and the collapse of debt forces a return to basics across the board.

I am skeptical your system will work beyond a small local scale. The driving force here is fundamental human limitation. On a large scale I do not see why your system would not be destroyed by the same forces driving our current decline.

futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 12:16:26 AM

The thread is something like this is why bitcoin will succeed.
wearefucked

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:09:03 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2015, 07:55:05 PM by wearefucked

Thanks r0ach  for the heads up on the rapid hot, dry winds during winter on New Zealand's south island. I had stated (perhaps not on this forum) that turbulent weather was likely on a small island in the middle of the Pacific ocean. Perhaps that particular severe weather issue is not an issue around Napier which seems to have a climate most similar to San Luis Obispo, CA, which was one of the most perfect climates that I had experienced in my life.

As an aside, I signed back up to the forum to share some wild conjecture about how the USA might fall into chaos instantly due to an EMP attack by Russia and a military coup that might be lurking already.

The ETA is 2017 to 2019 for start of full blown war, chaos, and a global pandemic also. Armstrong's reliable cyclical models are all pointing to this.

I believe the powers-that-be have orchestrated these future conflicts as a sort of false flag to bring about a new world order (and one world reserve currency) wherein we are enslaved by the totalitarianism of oligarches in Russia, China, and the USA. In the linked post above, I link to an Armstrong blog post wherein he continues to promote the top-down debt restructuring of for example China as good development. Armstrong would drive us straight into the global Technocracy that the powers-that-be have planned out, bringing us to a 666 world of top-down enslavement. He mischaracterizes this top-down planned circus (remember Kissinger and Nixon were traveling to China!) as "creative destruction".

At this point, I have begun to think about how crypto-currency can work with an internet that goes down intermittently or entirely in some regions. I still promote that only a bottom-up rise into an anonymous crypto-currency and knowledge age work untaxable will be true creative destruction. China able to restructure debt by using the credit rating of the national government to sell bonds at lower interest rates. That is just more the same usury and socialism bullshit that is driving the world into enslavement, as I had explained in great detail in the one-world reserve currency thread I started as iamback.

Ah humbug, maybe I am just not thinking realistically and am not in touch with the mainstream. Or maybe my theory about the rise of the Knowledge Age and a bifurcation of the global economy into two forks is apropos. I am still thinking the mainstream economy will go into the one-world reserve direction and it will bounce because there is a lot of untapped human capital in Asia and the developing world, but it will be a failure paradigm of ramping up debt and top-down control. I still believe the decentralized Knowledge Age will be rising and generating the real productivity and profit in the economy and that to some extent it can escape from the top-down oligarchary with technological innovation of money.

Note, I have been on an all uncooked vegetable diet for the past week (absolutely no carbs of any form, not even sweet fruit), and a very low intake of meat (because it contains a high L-Arginine to L-Lysine ratio which promotes viruses) and instead mostly WHEY ISOLATE (which has a very high L-Lysine to L-Arginine ratio). Before I started this diet I had lost weight down from 183 lbs at my peak to 165 lbs. On the new diet, I dropped another 10 lbs in one week, being down now to near to my weight in my 20s at 155lbs. I suppose I am headed for 140s on this diet which would be my teenage weight. Funny I was actually stronger in the gym and running and every sport at the lower weight. I military pressed 115 lbs which is pretty high for me (my small boned frame at 5'7" only) at age 50 and not being able to workout consistently due to the illness. What really excited me was being able to pick up my dribble on a full sprint just inside the half court line and make it all the way to the basket with only 2 long strides and a leap. Anything with the legs is impressive given the legs are the first to decline as we age and also given the auto-immunity and peripheral neuropathy I have due to the chronic virus (HPV) I've had since 2006, seems to attack my legs and I often lose power in and even can't feel my legs (a few times I lost the ability to stand up).

I feel much more alert and mentally active on this diet. I don't yet know if this is headed to a cure, because the chronic fatigue syndrome and manifestations of the auto-immunity hit me again for 8 hours two days before, but it didn't persist. The insomnia has been really egregious since before I started the diet, and the new diet helps me sleep but only about 5 hours. I can't seem to sleep more than that, and I awaken very hungry. In fact, this diet makes me incredibly hungry and I am so tired of eating the uncooked vegetables (spinach, cabbage, petchay, radish, mushrooms, celery, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, virgin olive oil, green onion, basil).

I am praying this is a cure so I can rise back up to my former insane level of productivity in programming. So I can do something about changing the world from the bottom-up. I believe I am uniquely qualified to do so.

Ah yes, I reconnected with my first wife and I am so happy about it. I am so proud of her very handsome, athletic, and super-Dad husband. It is emotional beyond words can explain for so many reasons, but I am just really happy to see the girl who had joined with me at the 1992 Perot National Convention which indicative of her concern for any good cause. Yeah we know back then there was something wrong brewing in the USA, but the can has been kicked down the road for much longer than we anticipated. We saw first hand how the powers-that-be had used dirty tricks to force Perot out of the election. I had become very disillusioned and depressed about how Perot just quit. I had worked so hard on his campaign, even going door-to-door and talking with strangers inside their houses about what was happening to the USA. My idealism about collectivized change died in 1992. I became very determined to look at life realistically and from a raw, uncooked perspective.

Most of all, I am so blessed to have fell in love in my youth with a lady with such an amazingly gregarious personality and heart the size of Mt.Everest. And I am so lucky that she forgives me for all the hurt we went through. And she cares about my health.

For all those who are discouraged by the falling prices of crypto-currency, please remember I told everyone last year that the Bitcoin price would need to bottom some where under $150 (not just a few seconds there), and the global sovereign debt contagion would have to burst out into public consciousness before crypto-currency would surge anew. Look for a bottom in the price later this year or early next. And be ready for a another wild run up in private assets such as gold and anonymous currencies. The USA stock market will be surging until mid-2017, so it is possible we may not see the real blast off for private assets entirely until after that. But the bottom in private assets should be attained with the contagion breaking out in Europe after October 2015. This will send capital fleeing into the USA stock market and also som into private assets. After the USA peaks in 2017, then capital will flee exclusively to private assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: