Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto VS national currency  (Read 2953 times)
winterblues

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:15:56 PM

First, because people believe what they are told in the news. If they hear a famous banker say that bitcoin is a bubble and its just useless. (They normally say that the technology “the blockchain” is good but bitcoin is stupid or useless or whatever. They keep repeating the same all the time.) Normal average people like me tend to be manipulated easily. If I hear my friends say that “bitcoin sucks” i will tend to think the same as them. Today, in my Snapchat Discovery news, I saw that they talked about bitcoin. “Bitcoin BONANZA for real?” was the name of the article. The article wasnt that bad. The reporter or whatever its called, said that there was a cryptohype with this weird coin. As usual, they quoted the bankers and said that bitcoin was sketchy and very volatile (this point is sadly true). he also showed a graph which looked like the sinus curve but with edges and with the numbers +200% and -150%. At the end the guy said that he had tried to buy 0.053 bitcoin but the transaction was still “pending”. My friends now that I am interested in Bitcoin, so after watching this, they came to me and said: “dude, bitcoin sucks”. They think they know what bitcoin is just because they watched this 1 minute news video. Now they think its just a “sketchy” “hype”.

The other reason why I think Bitcoin wont replace national currencies is because its very volatile. This point is one of the few things where surprisingly bankers dont lie. People dont want to pay daily life stuff with bitcoin because they view it as an investment rather than a currency. In my point of view, Bitcoin wont probably never replace other currencies because bitcoin is like an upgraded version of gold. Its not a currency to pay with, its more like a store of value, like gold. I think, that less volatile, cheaper and faster coins like Litecoin or Dash(its actually quite volatile) are the perfect candidates for replacing fiat currency.

Government bans and too tied regulations. Few governments like Switzerland, Luxembourg or Philipines are friendly with cryptos. Otther countries see them as a danger. What bitcoin actually does or at least tries to do is take the power away from a few people and put it in the peoples hands. What governments do is exactly the opposite thing.

In my opinion, we could see either a future where fiat currencies will transform into centralised versions of bitcoin (like a real version of “petro” with more transaprecy) and still dominate, with Bitcoin being a store of value or cryptos taking over and destroying totally fiat currencies. (This is more likely to happen after a bic economic crash). The problem is that if cryptos became widely adopted, the governements would try to ban it. (Nothing good would happen here)
Nanknink boy

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:23:44 PM

In its development, a number of other digital currencies will one day replace the position of banknotes as a medium of exchange. The reason, this currency can fix problems that exist in paper currency, and indeed in history, the same thing always happens in the new currency that replaces the old currency.
This illustrates a technically well-established virtual currency system, but there is still no uniform international legal law covering the use of bitcoin.
adheesha

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:29:35 PM

Yes, it is possible. But first of all, for that to happen bitcoin need to be much more popular than today. When the popularity and usage of bitcoin increases authorities will allow people to use bitcoin in common, domestic transactions like shopping thus slowly replacing standard currency with bitcoin. But it will take much more time than we think. Smiley
malbterxic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 06:38:10 PM

In fact, this expression has a slightly different meaning, the fact is that it means using crypto currency for payment, it is quite possible that it is a question of using a national crypto currency. I am convinced by 99% that within the next 5-10 years, money based on cryptography will completely supplant conventional paper and electronic money.

ashkanm

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 06:42:14 PM

New payments system might be appeared using blockchain technology in the future. But I don't think the fiat which we are using now, will be removed. not every place in the world can be reached by the internet and not all understand about bitcoin currencies, and all have their own use in the real world and the Internet world.
Aleksablack

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:08:30 PM

I found this expression on the news channel about the crypto currency: "Anyone who will try  to buy coffee for cash in 2023, runs the risk of causing laughter from the seller, that he does not use crypto currency."
how do you think, is it realistic? Can a crypto currency replace national  money?
I think that it's possible, but it will take more time.
Yes, perhaps the cryptocurrency will enter the currency turnover and will be used along with the national currency, but until the end to replace the national currency and withdraw it from circulation still can not
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:52:41 PM

I found this expression on the news channel about the crypto currency: "Anyone who will try  to buy coffee for cash in 2023, runs the risk of causing laughter from the seller, that he does not use crypto currency."
how do you think, is it realistic? Can a crypto currency replace national  money?
That is possible in the future considering the fact that cryptocurrencies has a lot more better feature compared to the national currency. We should always remember that technology aims to make our life better and as a part of it, the way we hold money will change too so yes, there's a huge possibility that crypto will replace our present currency.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:09:07 PM

It is the natural when a modern time comes and when at that time anyone use his older ways of life then people often laugh on them that they are still living in the older ages and that thing make him ashamed in the society that is why I am sure that in 2023 it is not difficult to happen that the society will only prefer to use crypto and they will like to stay in the modern age and will compete the modern people of at that time.
maxman190

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:11:41 PM

crypto currency will bury not only the national currency, but gold as well. Gold has no special consumer value and, if you look closely, has been used for centuries as a deterrent to the appetites of national governments!
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 08:29:24 PM

It will be very difficult for bitcoin to replace national currency, because local currency are to be used for local exchange more individual indesence  that bitcoin is decentralized, no third party  and all it transactions must pass through blockchain. So for this reason local currency it has a big role to play.
Ronztimz

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:45:23 PM

I don’t think so. How can it be replaced? The only way for a fiat currency to fail, is the series of bad decisions of the controlling government. If there are rules, that do not allow easy international trading or capital controls, then people will have to find ways to carry on their lives. Then cryptocurrency will be used.

bling-bling

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 09:50:44 PM

There is a possibility to this idea. But like you've said, it will take a significant amount of time before this would materialize. The governments control the production of money and they have invested tons and tons of resources into it. So it is unlikely that governments will allow this to happen without any favorable agreement.

MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:08:02 PM

It would definitely take a long time and years of argument before everybody in the society accepts the use of cryptocurrency. But I believe that long time and patience will be worth it. I just hope that I can it with my own eyes because I always dream of that futuristic society where every thing is more advanced relative to today's technology.
Lalafell

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:21:45 PM

I found this expression on the news channel about the crypto currency: "Anyone who will try  to buy coffee for cash in 2023, runs the risk of causing laughter from the seller, that he does not use crypto currency."
how do you think, is it realistic? Can a crypto currency replace national  money?

Actually there are a lot things that I wish cryptocurrency can buy. Important stuff like bills and education ( i know this is already happening, but it is not yet common ) and other simpler things like eating outside. Hopefully, more establishments will also jump into cryptocurrency so that we can all enjoy an improved economy that this industry has wished for.
alkiw21

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:24:30 PM

I think the national money will not be replaced with crypto currency. Because the national currency is a type of money that becomes a symbol or type of currency from a particular part of the country. And that is the hallmark of the national currency. So cryptocurrency will not replace the national currency I think. The national currency is easy to set by a country's government. that is my opinion.
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:26:12 PM

I found this expression on the news channel about the crypto currency: "Anyone who will try  to buy coffee for cash in 2023, runs the risk of causing laughter from the seller, that he does not use crypto currency."
how do you think, is it realistic? Can a crypto currency replace national  money?

This idea is possible and doable. With today's progress in technology, I won't be surprised that soon enough, cryptocurrency will be more common because people will then see how practical and efficient it is. It just needs some time, discussions, and a chance to prove itself away from the misconceptions about it like being related to scams and money schemes.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:26:26 PM

New payments system might be appeared using blockchain technology in the future. But I don't think the fiat which we are using now, will be removed. Many people will use fiat specially for small things like a coffee.

Yes,  i think bitcoin will be used in some businesses but i think fiat will remain because there are some areas that can not easily adopt the latest change in currency.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:31:30 PM

This quiet an interesting idea. But I still believe that both crytpos and fiat can exist and be used side by side in the market without people arguing over it. I don't want it to end up like PC vs Console or like Android vs IPhone. I also don't want cryptos to end up like a credit card that is socially labeled for "upperclass" people. I wish it will be common as fiat, along with fiat, in a peaceful economy. But it will take years of course.

iagyei259

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:48:46 PM

This assumptions that crypto will replace fiat currency is false. In the future it is still be an option if you want to buy coffee with bitcoin or fiat
btcgainer24724

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:24:48 PM

That can happen, because I think the crypto has the flexibility and convenience that national currency can not bring as it can not be faked, produced lightly and has no risk to affect the environment.But it can be real to that time, but right now, there are very little amount of places where we can buy anything with cryto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: