Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:00:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:43:17 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLnaZqkoQw

Why no lights on the rj45 plug? Tongue
It's a conspiracy. But this is indeed a good question.
However, if the firmware of the NIC has not been configured to handle the led, they will not lit.
I have seen this kind of occurence from time to time on some equipement but this is very rare and there is no reason to not have this configured in the firmware.
Belg

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:45:39 AM

Might be because RJ45 connectors with lights are more expensive (video was too low resolution to be able to see if it is a connector with lights that are off, or a connector without any lights).
melpheos

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:07:14 PM

Might be because RJ45 connectors with lights are more expensive (video was too low resolution to be able to see if it is a connector with lights that are off, or a connector without any lights).
Looks like there are no leds on the connector so your assumption is probably correct.
LivingHuman

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:20:14 PM

Seems to good to be true...
Smashingmanson

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:23:09 PM

@DwarfMiner: please comment on this. If you actually intend to distribute and sell this properly in a professional manner you should be able to have a proper invoicing setup.

Agreed 100%.

5000 Units * 315€ = 1 575 000€
1.5M € is no joke and this whole process should be taken more seriously.
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:34:54 PM

I think a better marketing strategy might be to raise the price of the boards but release the software as open source.  The way it is now, if software dev decides he’s not going to do it anymore and algos fork... the board is dead.
wedgenix

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:42:38 PM

@DwarfMiner: please comment on this. If you actually intend to distribute and sell this properly in a professional manner you should be able to have a proper invoicing setup.

Agreed 100%.

5000 Units * 315€ = 1 575 000€
1.5M € is no joke and this whole process should be taken more seriously.

Don't forget to add shipping - if scamming, nothing is shipped then they keep that as well
another ~80 * 5000 makes it around 2 mil €

I replied to the invoice email they sent me asking for clarification about 8 hours ago - no response yet, although to be fair.....timezones
jamesgalb

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:10:43 PM

The big question here...

Can this be reprogrammed if Monero changes their algo again?
wedgenix

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:17:54 PM

The big question here...

FPGA stands for Field Programmable Gate Array so...yes
melpheos

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:25:45 PM

The big question here...

Yes, at a cost (they said 20-50$)
Theorically such a board could run any algorithm if it has the physical ressources to do so. But if the board has been build with AES in mind, it's probably efficient for algorithm which use AES and far less efficient for other algorithm.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:21:20 PM

I'm getting out a HUGE bag of popcorn for this

me too
jamesgalb

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:24:07 PM

What are people seeing for shipping times?
wedgenix

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:48:46 PM

What are people seeing for shipping times?

Right now, we don't even know if they are going to ship anything at all or just take off with the money.
The PayPal pseudo-invoice paying a Russian individual thinly veiled as a company by mentioning an order number, yet with no payment option (PayPal credit) that is available on every other business purchase I've made online using PayPal is quite scammy, and the company has yet to respond or refute accusations of being a scammer...

But it is still early...if you believe everything you read from a brand new company in crypto-space, they will ship starting mid-late June.
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:42:46 PM

How is this FGPA able to have almost twice the power efficiency of Watts-to-hashes compared to the Antminer X3?  Generally ASICs are way more power efficient than FGPAs.
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:48:14 PM

its long term scam Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:49:38 PM

Hello everybody!
The first twenty-four hours of sales is over!
Be calm, all orders will be processed in the order of the queue!
More than a thousand devices were sold during this day and we received more than a thousand requests. We did not expect such success and our manager July sometimes needs to sleep Smiley

---****----

--its not clear when will be shipped, well, to be precise:
During the period June 18 - July 2 all orders will be shipped according to the queue.

--its not clear who(company in china ?/europe?)
the parcel will be from China

--have make an order and make payement to PayPal, but you system have a bug, if you can be control its 4 FPGA for swiss country , and i don't have receveid email for valid my account .
Hi chris-swiss!
I did not fully understand your question...
You have to place an order through the site. At this moment the time, date and your number in the queue are fixed . Then you calmly wait for the link from manager. If you chose PayPal, it will be a personal link to the payment page with integrated value. You can pay it with a card or use your PayPal account. Or you can use anover type of payment.

--DwarfMiner can you take off heatsink ? So We can see chip under heatsink.
This is a "know how" of team. In addition, if you'll take off heatsink during using, you will lose the warranty.

--Did you use Paypal?  So basically if you pay by Paypal this is pretty much risk-free no?
--Paypal would cover it if its an online purchase. But not if its person to person transfer, I think.
Paypal is a risk for us... A lot of fraudulent schemes based on the chargeback after goods sending. Paypal is always on the buyer's side...
And this protects all transactions, regardless of the account type.
Additionally, PayPal allows to accept payments only for verified accounts. After a thorough check of identity, banc account and documents. This takes up to one week.

--I had a buddy with a business selling telemarketing data and he had to stop using paypal due to the insane amount of chargebacks that were not found in his favor.
This is a bitter truth...
http://www.paypalwarning.com/
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
etc...

--If it legit, you can eat Bitmain's pie shares in the crypto mining industry.
Bitmain do not sleep. I have the information they made the miner, but do not sell it yet. I think they will wait for the last month, like last time.

--The biggest question is; why would you sell it?
this is explained in the first post.

--How on earth could I connect 10 of these using an ATX PSU?
in parallel. Problems can be with a small number of miners (less than three), because in the idle mode they consume too small to start the PSU Smiley On a video, I used a HDD to create a minimal load. Perhaps you will need to set some additional load to start the PSU, like a fan or leds strip. This can be turned off when mining started.

--there is no info on future algos and hashrates?
Algorithms will be added according to the market trends. Or users wants.

--1447 now
1700+ payd, 600+ are not payd yet (waiting for paypal solve).
The number of available units can be seen in the store https://dwarfminer.webasyst.cloud/shop/Miners/  Available on current date 29.05.2018 - 2617.

--The Monero logo being printed with the PCB trace
In the next generation, we are planning something like this Smiley  https://mega.nz/#!nHY0ATSb!rf2Xk_vscCcjdGmrDp3lHq0o2yNE08VqBZs_KICscd0

--Store doesn't have PayPal integrated
It's very hard to find a store that will support all types of payments and crypto too. We tested a few of them and all worked badly with integrated systems.
In the end, we chose an intermediate solution - orders are processed automatically, but the payment is done manually. It is slower but more reliable.

--I just got off the phone with PayPal- Buyer protections
Thank you and all same Smiley We have already received notification of an additional verification from the paypal. Invoicing is now frozen by the paypal until the end of the check.

WARNING! Due to a large number of requests to verify the account from buyers, the paypal organized an additional verification for us. Invoicing is now frozen by the paypal until the end of the check for your safety. Please do not pay bills if you have not already done so. If you have already paid, be quiet, your money is under paypal protect.
It's not a paypal's block! The account functions normally and all funds are available.
If you do not want to wait you can request a chargeback. We will confirm cancellation the order from our side and the paypal will return all the payment to you. We will save your place in the queue and the order number to pay in another way. Our bank works perfectly. Payments via direct bank transfer and crypto too.

--I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in short order than their “factory” is suddenly not working with them because Bitmain and their bank has frozen assets.
Production has already been paid. Our bank works perfectly. Payments via direct bank transfer too.

--but unlike this guy, pandaminer took steps to prove validity and honesty such as samples reviewed by trusted forum members.
How often does the ETH change the algorithm? Pandaminer is just a bunch of GPUs in a vanilla box. There is no problem to check it indefinitely.

--I received an invoice/payment request to a Russian individual's name.
Ukrainian. We have a part of developers in Ukraine. But the paypal does not work with Ukraine and the account was registered in Russia.
Russia has an internal banking with China. It is very convenient for transferring money to China. This saves on the transactions cost and allows to keep the cost low.

--It’s not invoiced but has the order number and description as Goods (other).
--@DwarfMiner: please comment on this. If you actually intend to distribute and sell this properly in a professional manner you should be able to have a proper invoicing setup.
this is a standard payment request. It has all the signs of buying a product. Try to work with the Chinese and you will receive all requests of this type.

--is the guy talking in the video actually has an Austrian accent!
Hessen's Wink

--Why no lights on the rj45 plug?
The plug with the lights has a larger size. It is longer and does not fit on the board.

--and why he ignores posts about sending a sample board to a trusted forum member
Because it's sold without this Wink

--Looks like there are no leds on the connector so your assumption is probably correct.
yep https://www2.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/1-406541-1?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvQhAhQbXdbBnWP4P4bF%2fQe4%2fjBNO7V4OI%3d

--1.5M € is no joke and this whole process should be taken more seriously.
This is the annual salary of ten FPGA developers. Without taxes, rent and equipment.

--I replied to the invoice email they sent me asking for clarification about 8 hours ago - no response yet, although to be fair.....timezones
A lot of orders and problems with paypal, thanks to the vigilance of customers. We do not issue new paypal invoices until we solve this problem.

--Can this be reprogrammed if Monero changes their algo again?
yes

--But if the board has been build with AES in mind, it's probably efficient for algorithm which use AES and far less efficient for other algorithm.
This is positioned as a kryptonight based miner only.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:51:27 PM

its long term scam Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Not buying anything yet, but if this indeed turns out a legit project (review samples to trusted Bitcointalk members, youtubers, bloggers, etc) I will definitely purchase some

tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:56:16 PM

I have a money printing machine but instead of using it myself I'll sell it to you.

Yeah right.

Suggestion:  do a live stream demoing the mining to a pool.  Provide the pool URL and XMR address so we can see the real-time stats on the pool.
DumbCrypt0

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:06:08 PM

I ordered 4 requesting PayPal as payment.
I received an invoice/payment request to a Russian individual's name.
My payment options did NOT include PayPal credit 0% for 6 months on purchases over $500.
This to me was a red flag - seems to be a person-to-person request and not an online purchase - meaning no buyer protection.

I am not comfortable enough to move forward with payment.

I build a lot of analog equipment for fun, and I've often found perfectly reputable sellers that did not accept PP credit. Did it appear to be a paypal invoice? Are you able to view it in your paypal account?
stoliarow

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:53:56 PM

why in this device use 8 pin of the LAN (Rj45)
on the board you can see that all contacts are used

for the device would be 4 contacts
it looks like a fake
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: