Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:55:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:59:51 PM

I love seeing posts like: "Ok, i ordered, now what can this mine?"  Seriously, anyone who orders this and doesn't even know what it mines, attempts to mine, can expect to get from it... Man, I should have taken a job in marketing if it is that easy to sell stuff.

It isn't entirely your fault you don't know the specifics.  The OP has been so vague, and evasive on specifics that the answers are not clear.  So why not ask these questions before sending your money?

The OP claims he sold out of 5k units, then got 300 units released from Paypal.  Then tells us that they 3700 units in 11 days "like hotcakes".

I am no math genius, but there is a little bit of fuzzy math here...  Like someone else said, we can let this dead dog, dead horse lay here until the 18th... Maggots are already on the corpse, just waiting for the fly stage.  Just go buy some fly swatters and a big club so we can beat the dead horse in a bit.  It will make everyone who lost money feel a lot better.  
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:09:23 PM

I love seeing posts like: "Ok, i ordered, now what can this mine?"  Seriously, anyone who orders this and doesn't even know what it mines, attempts to mine, can expect to get from it... Man, I should have taken a job in marketing if it is that easy to sell stuff.

It isn't entirely your fault you don't know the specifics.  The OP has been so vague, and evasive on specifics that the answers are not clear.  So why not ask these questions before sending your money?

The OP claims he sold out of 5k units, then got 300 units released from Paypal.  Then tells us that they 3700 units in 11 days "like hotcakes".

I am no math genius, but there is a little bit of fuzzy math here...  Like someone else said, we can let this dead dog, dead horse lay here until the 18th... Maggots are already on the corpse, just waiting for the fly stage.  Just go buy some fly swatters and a big club so we can beat the dead horse in a bit.  It will make everyone who lost money feel a lot better. 
Much metaphor. Very truth. Many fun! Wow!
Cheesy
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:41:35 PM

The fact remains, that when you mine, you essentially transform energy (the watts) into information, it's simple physics. Information is energy. Being able to hash at 3.5Kh/s for 10W just doesn't seem right, you're near 100% efficiency. And don't get me wrong, but looking at the pictures of the miner, it doesn't look like much...

If I were you, I'd produce 1000 and run them myself and just dump whatever I mine to make a shit ton of $$$$.

If someone trusted on here confirms that your miner does what you say it does, then I'll be the first to order 10 from you. But until then, this is a scam in my books.

Your argument about selling a money priting machine cheaply is very fine.

But the power argument is in-correct, the Baikal N240 does 240Kh/s at 650W, almost same power per watt...

Fair enough, I stand corrected!

So OK, 3.5Kh/s for 10W is possible. Now OP, how about you take one for the team and send one of your miners to one of us? I don't get why you keep avoiding this suggestion, if your miner is real and works as advertised, you're going to sell even more. It's a win-win, unless...
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

btw, everyone, please forgive me for my merit. I was a little hasty Sad

ctrlzctrlzctrlz

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:54:08 PM

ctrlzctrlzctrlz
Who knows, maybe it's deserved but yeah probably too quick to press on the merit button Smiley
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8935

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 02:28:56 PM

ctrlzctrlzctrlz

No worries, merits should not be considered as an endorsement.

We have ~10 days to find out how turns out.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:39:49 PM

Been watching this thread and have to say the requests to send a trusted member I thought was crazy, if I was apart of the "group of developers" and people were asking for free hand outs for trusted members I would simply say hell no, because we are a "group of developers" not trusting this board either.

HOWEVER, tin foil hat on I thought the domain was a little odd since its a sub domain and contacted the provider. Turns out that this is on a free 30 day trial basis and are not a paying customer to https://www.webasyst.com/

Why was a proper domain not paid for with SSL certs? I can understand to an extent since you are a "group of developers" and I'm sure change could have been scrounged up to pay for it if you truly believed in the product and are not scamming but it is looking more like a bait and switch to me.

It's not crazy at all and it's not uncommon for companies to hand out review units to people like youtubers. Hell send one to VoskCoin for all I care or pick anyone who is at least a senior or a hero member and send them a test unit. That person could at least confirm that this miner works as advertised. Worst case he doesn't pay the unit, OP loses 450€. Best case it's legit, everyone places an order. It's a small risk for a big win if you ask me. It could also be anyone who ordered and receives one, just make a video anything showing this works.

There have been so many scams in cryptos lately, it's only fair to ask for actual proof!
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 02:44:29 PM

Been watching this thread and have to say the requests to send a trusted member I thought was crazy, if I was apart of the "group of developers" and people were asking for free hand outs for trusted members I would simply say hell no, because we are a "group of developers" not trusting this board either.

It's not an unreasonable request. If you want to sell here (and Dwarf sells ONLY here) then you can surely find a way to make this work. It doesn't even have to be a free handout. I would be happy to pay for a sample (via escrow or PayPal etc) and I'm sure others could offer similar arrangements.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 03:06:39 PM

That's why I'm sporting the Brand New label  Grin mostly just browse announcements. Understood now, but I think my second paragraph should have a little more attention as it smells like filipino dried fish....

Totally agree about the free site. Plus not having their own domain means there is no domain owner info. Yes, it could be proxied but that would be a red flag. Plus their wire transfers are going to a third party in Latvia. They're trying really hard to hide, which makes no sense for a normal legit business.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:16:22 PM

HOWEVER, tin foil hat on I thought the domain was a little odd since its a sub domain and contacted the provider. Turns out that this is on a free 30 day trial basis and are not a paying customer to https://www.webasyst.com/

Why was a proper domain not paid for with SSL certs? I can understand to an extent since you are a "group of developers" and I'm sure change could have been scrounged up to pay for it if you truly believed in the product and are not scamming but it is looking more like a bait and switch to me.

The request for review / promo units are to prove that one this product even exists and to get it into the hands of someone who won't just say it is awesome because he got it for free lol

EVEN THEN, it is not fool proof as they could send a review unit . . great review etc. . open orders take a TON of money. . and disappear

It is basic marketing and a simple expense for any legitimate company

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
easymonkey

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:44:26 PM

The fact remains, that when you mine, you essentially transform energy (the watts) into information, it's simple physics. Information is energy. Being able to hash at 3.5Kh/s for 10W just doesn't seem right, you're near 100% efficiency. And don't get me wrong, but looking at the pictures of the miner, it doesn't look like much...

If I were you, I'd produce 1000 and run them myself and just dump whatever I mine to make a shit ton of $$$$.

If someone trusted on here confirms that your miner does what you say it does, then I'll be the first to order 10 from you. But until then, this is a scam in my books.

But the power argument is in-correct, the Baikal N240 does 240Kh/s at 650W, almost same power per watt...

I remember seeing people saying the Halong miners were a scam, they too showed a bunch of Youtube videos and never sent a review unit out to those that wanted one. I ordered 2 of these, so I will see what happens. If legit, I'm sure they have a few "prototypes" already mining on the CryptonightV7 pools. I'd buy 100 of batch 2 if it works out.
Never mentioned anything about warranty though.
Littledragons

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:09:42 PM

I remember seeing people saying the Halong miners were a scam, they too showed a bunch of Youtube videos and never sent a review unit out to those that wanted one. I ordered 2 of these, so I will see what happens. If legit, I'm sure they have a few "prototypes" already mining on the CryptonightV7 pools. I'd buy 100 of batch 2 if it works out.
Never mentioned anything about warranty though.

Thats a very good point. I guess I am just now getting my batch 2 DragonMint up and running, and I did take a risk on that one. It was quite the impulse buy, but now that its been a solid bear market Im quite happy I did! =)

If people didnt take risks, I guess the space would just flounder. So bless the brave souls then.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:59:17 PM

--If the NiceHash CNV7 pool works, that would be a great start!
NiceHash pool works fine.

--I will admit I think its a little weird that they are doing a pre-order if they don't need the money!
We derive some sums in crypt. But most of the payments go through the bank.
And yes, the whole batch was prepaid.

--tin foil hat on I thought the domain was a little odd since its a sub domain
This is NOT a domain. This is online store service. What sense to reinvent the wheel again?
But it's very logical to draw up a bank account, paypal, board production and all this anonymously. But the domain can not be bought anonymously. Domain is our excalibur. The highest guarantee of reliability.

--Dwarfminer, how are you able to extract 7Kh/s out of that little chip at 10W, when the guys over in the other thread can only get 14KH @ 150W out of a full blown, $3500 Xilinx FPGA?
The Xilinx chip was designed specifically for mining?

--If I were you, I'd produce 1000 and run them myself and just dump whatever I mine to make a shit ton of $$$$.
1300 was distributed to the developers, do not worry.
Some of them were sold in bulk.
Some were paid, then buyers asked for a refund and it was sold again.
In reality, we sold even more than 5000.

bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:50:07 PM

--I will admit I think its a little weird that they are doing a pre-order if they don't need the money!

This is NOT a domain. This is online store service. What sense to reinvent the wheel again?
But it's very logical to draw up a bank account, paypal, board production and all this anonymously. But the domain can not be bought anonymously. Domain is our excalibur. The highest guarantee of reliability.

--Dwarfminer, how are you able to extract 7Kh/s out of that little chip at 10W, when the guys over in the other thread can only get 14KH @ 150W out of a full blown, $3500 Xilinx FPGA?

--If I were you, I'd produce 1000 and run them myself and just dump whatever I mine to make a shit ton of $$$$.

I am interested, but got a few questions:-

1. What is the planned delivery date of these miners?
2. Can you tell us if any Legendary or Hero member placed order for your miners?

Thanks.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:03:23 PM

Well I don't know about anyone else but those are some seriously confidence inspiring answers right there.  And they all make perfect sense and line up exactly with everything else this person has said so far.  Roll Eyes
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 11:16:45 PM

No, is your chip an ASIC?
demonical85

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:16:42 AM

new but just so curious......
WHERE Smiley jpg file
https://mega.nz/#!GKIwUKZC!A4baxOtjTgbdk9Un3syd_noduX5Zpr_ut1ghK4xw7yo
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:56:24 AM

new but just so curious......
WHERE Smiley jpg file

Could that be a Microsemi SmartFusion FPGA? Has a similar look to the chip on their eval board (https://www.microsemi.com/existing-parts/parts/143985)

Or is the Dwarf chip physically larger?
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:59:05 AM

Here are a few points that I don't believe have been brought up yet, but make this kind of suspect:

Reference the video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLnaZqkoQw

1.  There appears to be 2 cables coming out of the right side of the monitor.  Leads me to believe that the video source isn't really that board.

2.  Why the hell does that board have a vga port to begin with?  Seems rather odd considering the video displayed looks like an 8-bit nintendo and provides little information.

3.  The IE window conveniently has the address bar cut off in the video, so you can't tell if this is just some html file on his C drive.

4.  In the other video he used an ipad that we couldn't see very well as "proof"  Why couldn't he have just mirrored the display like he did in this video where he was showing the config?

Edit:

5.  The LED lights on the network port aren't even lit up or blinking!  That network cable isn't even plugged into anything.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:34:44 AM

Here are a few points that I don't believe have been brought up yet, but make this kind of suspect:

Reference the video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLnaZqkoQw

1.  There appears to be 2 cables coming out of the right side of the monitor.  Leads me to believe that the video source isn't really that board.

2.  Why the hell does that board have a vga port to begin with?  Seems rather odd considering the video displayed looks like an 8-bit nintendo and provides little information.

3.  The IE window conveniently has the address bar cut off in the video, so you can't tell if this is just some html file on his C drive.

4.  In the other video he used an ipad that we couldn't see very well as "proof"  Why couldn't he have just mirrored the display like he did in this video where he was showing the config?

Edit:

5.  The LED lights on the network port aren't even lit up or blinking!  That network cable isn't even plugged into anything.
1. PSU and VGA power cable (another vga cable could be hidden behind the stand or the voltage controller
2. Monitoring the board maybe, a vga port and a display chip cost nothing
3 . IE window ?
4. that's possible is there is a hidden VGA cable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: