Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:41:28 PM

Hi all!
We regret to inform you we decided to not use Paypal more. To all who have already paid via Paypal, we have requested a refund. Be calm, all money will return to you.
If you have any problems with the refund you should inform us via e-mail or in this thread.
Your order is maintained for 5 days. During this time you can choose another payment method or cancel the order.
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Quoted for posterity, but with the obnoxious lime green color removed.

I see you've been tagged by @suchmoon. Welp, consider me no longer interested in whatever scam you are trying to perpetrate here. You've been repeatedly advised to send a demo unit to a trustworthy forum member like @philipma1957 and have flat out ignored those comments. This seems like the hardware version of bitconnect: if it sounds too good to be true...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:41:46 PM

Hi all!
We regret to inform you we decided to not use Paypal more. To all who have already paid via Paypal, we have requested a refund. Be calm, all money will return to you.
If you have any problems with the refund you should inform us via e-mail or in this thread.
Your order is maintained for 5 days. During this time you can choose another payment method or cancel the order.

I'm not sure what to think about this...
Sebahl

Activity: 146
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:46:46 PM

So now there is no save way to pay anymore - with the option of a refund, if they don’t deliver. I was debating on buying one but without PayPal I will wait and see how this plays out.
xpm-guru_v2

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:57:52 PM

Hi all!

I propose you to save these order/reserve the miners for users who chose to go with paypal. I still would like to order but after there is proof that you really shipped these and all works out just fine then I'm ready to use other payment methods.
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:21:33 PM

How the paypal works.
7 days is a banking hold. During this period, the transaction can be canceled without loss for both sides.
After the seventh day we will have to pay thirty euros for each refund.
45 days this is the oun protection of the paypal. Nobody will prevent a seller from cashing out the account and running away in this period. And you will have to convince the paypal to compensate your payment from its funds.
For us this means if someone blocks our account after the seventh day we will lose heavily. Attempts to do this are constantly being undertaken - the paypal informed us of suspicious activity again.
This was the reason for the refusal of this payment system.
BIERAAP

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:24:36 PM

Collect and pay in person possible ? :-)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:33:09 PM

Well at least some of the responses by the OP make sense.  They don't have the working demo units to be able to send to people to try.  He should have stated he would like to send out demo units, but he does not have them to send instead of what appears to the community to be evasive and somewhat arrogant stance of "we don't have to".

Secondly which is a little more concerning is the response that if they sent out demo units the time frame would be lengthened and the coin would fork.  This raises 2 questions immediately to me.  
1. It shouldn't take that long for a trusted member to power on, take some pictures, and validate the unit to the community.  So that really is a non-argument.  But as pointed out in the first item they don't units to send.  So that is probably the real explanation.  
2. If he sent out demo units the coin would fork?  So are we saying we think that the coin will fork and brick these units in just a couple of months?  And how hard is it to make the code change and load them on these units?  You now raise some serious concerns about the shelf life of this product and or the ability to respond to a fork with updates in a timely manner.

Now with the announcement there is no Paypal or refundable option this really closes the doors for most people trying to avoid risk.  Without any assurance that the purchase is protected on an unproven product you now have an uphill battle.  

Your last option to provide some assurance may be to use one of the escrows here on the forum that is well known and trusted.  This way payment is made, held until units verified, and funds released.  
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:40:32 PM

Well, I have no problem to send you payment via paypal and 30 euro by bank.
I will no risk that you disappear, and you will not loose any money if I disappear.

I don't understand why do you activate alibaba escrow. It cost less than paypal. Isn't that crazy like Paypal can be.
I use normally since a couple of year when importing from China.
And its offered by ALL the company or people listed on ALibaba.

It does make sense if you plan to ship from China, UNLESS you can't make an invoice.
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:08:42 PM

Hi all!

Well, that is unfortunate.

Unless there is a third-party payment option with protection, this is a no-go for me.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 02:19:10 PM
Merited by Longsnowsm (1)

Hi all!

You should simply utilize a forum escrow that is reputable . . there are many I am sure would be willing to broker a deal of X units.

Phil for example is notorious here esp. for services like this or I would even be willing to escrow a batch of orders . . there are over 300 videos w/ my face in them lol

Also the obnoxious lime green . . please.  .not again lol

Discussed this vaporware miner along with others yesterday along with other options if anyone is interested
https://youtu.be/r_SLyj_TlUI

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
xpm-guru_v2

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:30:23 PM

I don't understand why do you activate alibaba escrow. It cost less than paypal. Isn't that crazy like Paypal can be.
I use normally since a couple of year when importing from China.
And its offered by ALL the company or people listed on ALibaba.

It does make sense if you plan to ship from China, UNLESS you can't make an invoice.

+1, you should really think about implementing that. There is still time before units are ready for shipping. 18 days from now...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 02:36:59 PM

How the paypal works.
7 days is a banking hold. During this period, the transaction can be canceled without loss for both sides.
After the seventh day we will have to pay thirty euros for each refund.
45 days this is the oun protection of the paypal. Nobody will prevent a seller from cashing out the account and running away in this period. And you will have to convince the paypal to compensate your payment from its funds.
For us this means if someone blocks our account after the seventh day we will lose heavily. Attempts to do this are constantly being undertaken - the paypal informed us of suspicious activity again.
This was the reason for the refusal of this payment system.

What country are you in? Refund fee is typically 0.35 EUR. You might be talking about a chargeback fee but even that is 16 EUR, not 30 EUR. Can you provide a link to the fees you're talking about?

I'm still puzzled why you keep talking about the seller running away. You're the seller. Are you planning to run away?

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:43:58 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2018, 03:14:37 PM by melpheos

Hi all!

You should simply utilize a forum escrow that is reputable . . there are many I am sure would be willing to broker a deal of X units.

Phil for example is notorious here esp. for services like this or I would even be willing to escrow a batch of orders . . there are over 300 videos w/ my face in them lol

Also the obnoxious lime green . . please.  .not again lol

Discussed this vaporware miner along with others yesterday along with other options if anyone is interested
https://youtu.be/r_SLyj_TlUI

Apparently they have only a thousand or so units left to sell so there is no point for them to use escrow now.
There are plently of gulible/risky people like me to empty their stock (bought 4)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:23:07 PM

I suspect once they update the store stats with the refunded units from Payal that figure will climb back up. 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:20:20 PM

Hi all!

Well, that is unfortunate.

Unless there is a third-party payment option with protection, this is a no-go for me.

You are lucky...I think they are going to go with the OVER 45 days when PayPal no longer allows disputes...so IF it gets to that point

and anyone reading this (hopefully you paid by credit card when you went the Paypal route) put in a DISPUTE before the 45-day deadline...

IF it is the 45-day PayPal scam, I think credit cards are 60 days(maybe) and thus, if again I remember right, you with the dispute can

extend the deadline to 60 days to decide to pull the plug...so those who have paid...pay attention to the 45-day limit....if it is a Paypal

45-day scam..there will 'production problems and please be patient posts' and your money will go, poof,****..thus past that deadline they have you...

(or at least that was how this type of thing was played out in 2014..when we saw a mess of them)

hope I'm wrong and the product exists...but all these NEWBIE endorsements and no review by a trusted member on bitcointalk...

I think this is unlikely

Also on previous 45-day PayPal scams, THEY ALWAYS CANCEL PAYPAL FIRST ...that is always a given...

I suspect once they update the store stats with the refunded units from Payal that figure will climb back up.  

the stats could very well be made up...if it is a scam...and again looking at such...

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:31:43 PM

Well at least some of the responses by the OP make sense.  They don't have the working demo units to be able to send to people to try.  He should have stated he would like to send out demo units, but he does not have them to send instead of what appears to the community to be evasive and somewhat arrogant stance of "we don't have to".

Secondly which is a little more concerning is the response that if they sent out demo units the time frame would be lengthened and the coin would fork.  This raises 2 questions immediately to me.  
1. It shouldn't take that long for a trusted member to power on, take some pictures, and validate the unit to the community.  So that really is a non-argument.  But as pointed out in the first item they don't units to send.  So that is probably the real explanation.  
2. If he sent out demo units the coin would fork?  So are we saying we think that the coin will fork and brick these units in just a couple of months?  And how hard is it to make the code change and load them on these units?  You now raise some serious concerns about the shelf life of this product and or the ability to respond to a fork with updates in a timely manner.

Now with the announcement there is no Paypal or refundable option this really closes the doors for most people trying to avoid risk.  Without any assurance that the purchase is protected on an unproven product you now have an uphill battle.  

Your last option to provide some assurance may be to use one of the escrows here on the forum that is well known and trusted.  This way payment is made, held until units verified, and funds released.  

I am in import export bness. One of the rule is to keep at least one perfect sample with you. It has many uses like matching it with the shipment if all the specification are exact. Manufacturer will also not to try to cut corners if he knows you have the sample. This is applicable to all industries and is standard practice.
DwarfMiner (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:05:29 PM

Also on previous 45-day PayPal scams, THEY ALWAYS CANCEL PAYPAL FIRST ...that is always a given...
Maybe it would be more logical to do this at the end of sales? But not in the first week?

Yesterday you talked about 45-days refund. Today you are not happy again. If tomorrow I will return PayPal what reason will you come up with? You must to decide.

So far, no one has written that his money was not refunded.
DwarfMiner (OP)

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:09:31 PM

Orders are in reserve for 5 days.
McMCrypto

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:21:00 PM

Hi, guys, somebody has bought this FPGA  and its work in fact ?,  all these "fantastic numbers" seen scam .....
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 06:27:07 PM
Merited by Longsnowsm (1)

the stats could very well be made up...if it is a scam...and again looking at such...

Well, here's some food for thought:

This thread is the only place where they promote their site. It has ~7000 views as of now. Dwarf claims to have sold nearly 5000 units. That would be a truly miraculous 50%+ conversion rate. Actually more than that - they made that claim when the thread had barely 6000 views.

Even if they're legit - they're still liars and bigly incompetent, which in the end probably yields a similar result for the buyers as a scam would.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: