Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:03:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43403 times)
0x000090

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:32:45 AM

It's funny how this thread is being flooded with noobs and accounts woken up after months of hibernation, all so suddenly eager to whitewash the scam on page 52. I wonder what Occam would say about this.

Nice implication, but my post count has nothing to do with the points I am making. I have followed this scam, have spoken out about it in the places I go from the first time I learned of it, and came here to give my input, precisely because it is in various respects more informed than yours, by your own admission (of not frequenting some of the places in question).

Lying is quite wrong either way. Whether smaram lied about ever having the FPGA, or is lying now trying to cover up the scam.

Fallacy of the excluded middle: it is entirely possible he is telling the truth, and was scammed just like the rest of these poor suckers. Now please consider this:

No, the fact is he lied - he promised (TWICE!) to provide additional info and he didn't.

Unless you have info I do not, he has not lied yet, his statement has consistently been that he will provide pics when back from out of country. He is a fairly public figure; unless he never returns home, it is going to be pretty difficult to avoid the requests for pics, because I do not figure they will stop. When it is known he has returned, and still refuses to produce them, then I'll definitely adopt your position; likewise, if it goes on for some length of time that he claims not to have returned home, I will have to suspect, but then that is thorny, since you never know how life goes.

Furthermore, occam's razor for me says it is just highly unlikely that someone preoccupied with running one of the more successful and complex cryptonote projects would want to get involved with some stupid scam, in such a public way, with no escape route.

That's not how Occam's razor works. There is absolutely zero proof of the miner ever existing. The scammer absconded with the money. The only other person who claimed to have seen the miner is having a tantrum and threatening with lawyers instead of taking a few pics. And he's the one telling the truth? Come on.

I don't see how that follows (re: occam's). I did not suggest an actual miner ever existed. I even specifically stated my own particular theory on what that lump of circuits may really have been doing. I think he is not doing himself any favors with how he is handling himself here, but on the other hand, he has literally had people trying to extort him (see again the screenshot I linked). And I did not say he is telling the truth; I said it is possible.

In the end, what are the facts regarding Saber? He claims to have been shipped the unit he ordered, he said that it worked, but not well, and he said he would provide pics when he returns home. Could he have been shipped the unit? Why not -- the dwarf scammers obviously had one "working" prototype (which just remote-controlled a rig, imho), which they could easily have shipped to him, after creating their now-deleted youtube videos.

That explanation fits the facts just fine, and is what I will be going with until presented with some actual evidence to the contrary.

There can't be actual evidence of something not existing, it's up to smaram to provide proof that he didn't lie because he's the one making the claim that he got the miner.

To the contrary, here, means contrary to his implicit claim to be telling the truth. For example, as mentioned above, returning home and yet refusing to provide the promised pics would be evidence of lying.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eth_Saver

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:50:03 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 05:07:46 AM by Eth_Saver

Can you tell me how is my request for you to do more research of your suspect. "Attempting to conceal the Dwarf FPGA scam." for which you flagged me?
I thought I am done here but you just flagged me as well for absolute nonsense I asked you exact opposite to go and get all info that is available in their discord not just those screens which show only fraction of information. Instead of doing so you just flagged me as well and didnt even attempt to lookup anything it seems.

Instead of sending me on a wild goose chase you can do it yourself. Find whatever it is you think can be found and post it here.

So far all that you Bittube apologists have done is post walls of excuses. Bring facts. Let's start with pictures of the FPGA so that we could establish whether smaram lied or not.

The problem is I dont know what are you looking for if you want photos well there arent any I can save your time.
And I dont want to be rude but I have doubts you can read right now if you are asking for facts. Just few post above someone stated folowing:

"I don't think anyone is really disputing that he is, in fact, out of country at this time, so I don't see that there's much to do about it, until he returns home."

I dont know if you missed that or what happened? I also dont know when they are done and he return home. But the message screened above was written 28.6 on their discord even before you started this fud and started calling him the scammer you know Huh Just stop flagging people for no reason I dont try to conceal any scam as you claim.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:42:03 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2020, 10:49:09 PM by suchmoon

Nice implication, but my post count has nothing to do with the points I am making. I have followed this scam, have spoken out about it in the places I go from the first time I learned of it, and came here to give my input, precisely because it is in various respects more informed than yours, by your own admission (of not frequenting some of the places in question).

Your input is shit at best, and deliberate obfuscation at worst. See below.

Unless you have info I do not, he has not lied yet, his statement has consistently been that he will provide pics when back from out of country. He is a fairly public figure; unless he never returns home, it is going to be pretty difficult to avoid the requests for pics, because I do not figure they will stop. When it is known he has returned, and still refuses to produce them, then I'll definitely adopt your position; likewise, if it goes on for some length of time that he claims not to have returned home, I will have to suspect, but then that is thorny, since you never know how life goes.

Edited 2020-11-29 to fix a broken image

Where are the pictures promised a month ago? Lie #1

when somebody tells you the devices doesnt work longer than 20min and then it crashes, do you go to buy it? anyway habe some private dm messges, will share tommorow (right now on mobile)

Where are the messages? Lie #2

To the contrary, here, means contrary to his implicit claim to be telling the truth. For example, as mentioned above, returning home and yet refusing to provide the promised pics would be evidence of lying.

There is no "implicit claim to be telling the truth", he has lied at least twice.

The problem is I dont know what are you looking for

You're the one telling me to go looking for something but now you don't know?

if you want photos well there arent any I can save your time.

Duh.

Get back to me when you have something.
Eth_Saver

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:06:24 AM

The problem is I dont know what are you looking for
You're the one telling me to go looking for something but now you don't know?

Now I dont know? I never said there is anything that would prove he is the scammer or that he has any connection to him or whatever are you looking for you are making it up from nothing. You are the one who is accusing him without any evidence and flagging here users for no reason because you have nothing to do. I dont care about this scam at all I just saw that you are trying to plant it on bittube which I found outrageous enough to log in.
I am sure he is now taking plane and heading home right now leaving everything behing just to give you your photos which only prove that he was right when he said he received the unit nothing else.
0x000090

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:39:58 AM

https://i.snag.gy/gLBzil.jpg

Where are the pictures promised a month ago? Lie #1

when somebody tells you the devices doesnt work longer than 20min and then it crashes, do you go to buy it? anyway habe some private dm messges, will share tommorow (right now on mobile)

Where are the messages? Lie #2

Thank you for those references, clearly I must withdraw my argument.
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:41:12 AM

I think its kind of a null point whether smaram endorsed the product or told people not to buy it;  The fact that he said he received his at least inspires confidence that it was a real product.  I think if everyone got one of these in the mail and it mined for 20 minutes at the advertised hashrate and quit, they would be pissed, but probably wouldn't think this was an out right scam.  I didn't buy one of these so I don't have any skin in the game, but its amazing how butthurt he is getting about this.  He should at least post a pic of the one he received.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:57:31 AM

I think its kind of a null point whether smaram endorsed the product or told people not to buy it;  The fact that he said he received his at least inspires confidence that it was a real product.  I think if everyone got one of these in the mail and it mined for 20 minutes at the advertised hashrate and quit, they would be pissed, but probably wouldn't think this was an out right scam.  I didn't buy one of these so I don't have any skin in the game, but its amazing how butthurt he is getting about this.  He should at least post a pic of the one he received.
That's the thing. Noone here claims that they received anything.
Trust me, if i receive something, it would be the first place I would show it.
So why ONE person, not even on the forum would claim he received one faulty unit and not speak about it here which was the main place where is was advertised... That would make sense, wouldn't it ?
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:22:35 AM

Man, I can't believe there are at least 4-5 accounts here with an agenda.
All we want from the BitTube guy is a picture of the product he received and we are asking politely. How hard is this ? Or he should at least admit that he was lying or give some explanation why he can't post the picture.

He said it, so own it.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:58:46 PM

Does anyone know the date that the Bitube guy claimed he received his miner?  I would be curious if his dates line up with anything that was stated here by the OP.  If not then possibly like others have said he very well could have been talking out of his lower rear posterior.... But would be interesting to have him confirm and show the board if he did in fact get anything.  And also see if there are any clues on packaging, addresses, enclosed info that might be a bread crumb to follow.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 02:25:10 PM

Does anyone know the date that the Bitube guy claimed he received his miner?  I would be curious if his dates line up with anything that was stated here by the OP.  If not then possibly like others have said he very well could have been talking out of his lower rear posterior.... But would be interesting to have him confirm and show the board if he did in fact get anything.  And also see if there are any clues on packaging, addresses, enclosed info that might be a bread crumb to follow.

On June 10 he said "got it on friday", which would make it June 8. Considering that Dwarf originally promised to start shipping June 18 this wouldn't make any sense.

Now I dont know? I never said there is anything that would prove he is the scammer or that he has any connection to him or whatever are you looking for you are making it up from nothing. You are the one who is accusing him without any evidence and flagging here users for no reason because you have nothing to do. I dont care about this scam at all I just saw that you are trying to plant it on bittube which I found outrageous enough to log in.
I am sure he is now taking plane and heading home right now leaving everything behing just to give you your photos which only prove that he was right when he said he received the unit nothing else.

Right. You don't give a shit about this scam, you just care about your shitcoin. Then tell smaram to quit lying. He's the one fucking up Bittube, not me.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:34:21 PM

You trolls should get over it, i mean, accounts get hacked or are created to lure idiots, ip's spoofed, next time, use something that does not involve trust, example, chargeback, if they don't deliver then you might get your money back.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:21:08 PM

Man, I can't believe there are at least 4-5 accounts here with an agenda.
All we want from the BitTube guy is a picture of the product he received and we are asking politely. How hard is this ? Or he should at least admit that he was lying or give some explanation why he can't post the picture.

He said it, so own it.

Asking politely? Go read the last few pages again. Its a linch mob just like in the movies. I don't beleive what I see. First people are dumb enough to buy some fairy tale devices that have 0 evidence of:

1. A working product
2. A company behind it
3. Anything really

Then when they actually find out that they were dumb and scammed they just pick a random guy to linch, because hey, lets feel bettet about our own stupidity. Again its just like a movie, just missing the pichforks.
For the record why would he even have any obligations to any of you. He has 0 obligations to post pictures (does he own anything to you people, I don't think so). If he does post pictures its because he decides to, not because he has to or because you people demanded it. Its ridiculous. And yes if you asked nice he may actually do it, but comming out like you people did I know I would just ignore all of it. Read last few pages again.

Then claim that his discord talk encouraged people to buy it is equally ridiculous. You all refer to him as some bittube guy. First if he is just some bittube guy then why did you listen to him (not that he was shilling it or forcing anyone to buy it)? With his discord messages included the whole scam was just as scammy as before. And still you bought. Blame yourselves. You were all told many times its a scam and still you bought. Now you play buthurt. Lol.

And lastly, he is not some randome bittube guy he is an owner of multiple succesfull companies, that is why bittube had no ICO and no premine or anyting as he is sponsoring the development (of 25 devs) with his own money. I doubt any of you mega trolls are even close to him on bussines front. Yet you are demoting him here like a little boy. Man if I were him I would just ignore the lot of you.

And lastly, what you are doing is slander of bittube and his own persona without 0 proof . You are accusing him of being a scammer without any proof. Let me repeat again he has nothing to prove to you, you need to have proof he is scamming, and lo and behold you have 0. So I would be more worried when his expensive attorneys find you out. It could get ugly. And you cannot hide behind an avatar on a forum if you wondered.
So i hope you have some money saved Smiley

With that i conclude my involment in this thread. For the reference I have exactly 0 connections to the guy, I am just disgusted how a person is easily accused with 0 proof and how a good project is easily slandered.

Out.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:04:30 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 05:39:32 PM by gameboy366
Merited by Searing (1)

Asking politely? Go read the last........
........ project is easily slandered.

Out.
You should know that most of the guys asking are the ones who didn't invest in the scam, they have nothing to lose or gain but are only trying to help. The only guy now that has something to lose is the BitTube guy. We won't get anything if he posts the picture or not, it's his coin's reputation that is on stake now and it is only in his hands. We are not the one destroying that coin's reputation, he brought it upon himself. It doesn't matter if people bought the scam from his advise or not. He is the one who got himself involved in the scam. He said it, so now own it or he should have kept his mouth shut.

And you....maybe you want to protect your investments in BitTube.

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 05:30:00 PM
Merited by Searing (1)

some fairy tale devices that have 0 evidence of:

1. A working product

"The bittube guy" is actually the only person (other than the scammer, if they're not the same person) who claimed to have tested a partially working product. So despite your valiant  6-paragraph attempt to deflect, he can only blame himself for this debacle. If he's such an astute businessman as you're claiming then I hope he will realize that it's not worth damaging the reputation of his business by covering up a scam.

Let's start with high-resolution pictures of the device from all angles, with a current date and the businessman's name on a sheet of paper. Same with the shipping label. Not a huge request, is it? Unless he doesn't have the device.

smaram

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:13:36 PM

1. A working product

"The bittube guy" is actually the only person (other than the scammer, if they're not the same person) who claimed to have tested a partially working product. So despite your valiant  6-paragraph attempt to deflect, he can only blame himself for this debacle. If he's such an astute businessman as you're claiming then I hope he will realize that it's not worth damaging the reputation of his business by covering up a scam.

Let's start with high-resolution pictures of the device from all angles, with a current date and the businessman's name on a sheet of paper. Same with the shipping label. Not a huge request, is it? Unless he doesn't have the device.

it told you very clear already on page 50 when i got informed that there is a thread here, i am not in dept by you in any case, i don't need to proof anything, you wan't something from me, then behave normal ask me normal and i will help you!  

you didn't and you continued with your shit show, i told you also the consequences when you continue like that, do you really think you can extort and force me.

since you continued i am not going in anycase to help you, i told you can talk with my lawyers so easy it is! why your are denying it? you are welcome who ever wan't something, i am available here with my lawyers office@ra-hoefler.at waiting for you.

you have something to say, then don't hide your self behind a avatar and take also responsibility for the extortion and assumption that you are doing.

you are behaving like a kid, he can't get his lollypop, ohhh so lets start a shit show, shame on you!

futher more, marking my avater to give it less trust because you climbed the "legend level" because you have nothing else todo then shitposting the whole day, again i can just move my head and tel you, shame on you!

comon don't hide your self, show us who you are and stop this game in the dark.

why you are denying the legal process?
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

1. A working product

"The bittube guy" is actually the only person (other than the scammer, if they're not the same person) who claimed to have tested a partially working product. So despite your valiant  6-paragraph attempt to deflect, he can only blame himself for this debacle. If he's such an astute businessman as you're claiming then I hope he will realize that it's not worth damaging the reputation of his business by covering up a scam.

Yes he could take pictures and post them. But you people started all this wrong. If you approached him differently who knows, maybe you would already have pictures available. It was really not the correct way to handle things. But as I said I told my opinion and I am going to sidestep this whole thing. I have not ordered any dwarf miner devices and do feels for those who did. Although I don't see how they fell for obvious scam its still an unfortunate event and I would like to see 0 such scams in the future.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:24:05 PM

1. A working product

"The bittube guy" is actually the only person (other than the scammer, if they're not the same person) who claimed to have tested a partially working product. So despite your valiant  6-paragraph attempt to deflect, he can only blame himself for this debacle. If he's such an astute businessman as you're claiming then I hope he will realize that it's not worth damaging the reputation of his business by covering up a scam.

Yes he could take pictures and post them. But you people started all this wrong. If you approached him differently who knows, maybe you would already have pictures available. It was really not the correct way to handle things. But as I said I told my opinion and I am going to sidestep this whole thing. I have no ordered any dwarf miner devices and do feels for those who did. Although I don't see how they fell for obvious scam its still an unfortunate event and I would like to see 0 such scams in the future.

we have pictures (IMHO just a doctored FPGA card from 2014 when they were common) also the demo video also looked iffy...

I too never got one of these...but been on Bitcointalk since 2013..and have seen 'dozen's' of these scams ..and they all play out the same

they NEVER give out a unit to a high ranked trusted member to verify on bitcointalk....the ones that were legit like Innsilicon (review group buy longsnowsm)

and he also got Baikal as a review..this is the FIRST THING A NEW PROCUCT MAKER DOES AFTER THEY MAKE A THREAD ON BITCOINTALK TO MOVE THEIR UNKNOWN

MINERS...this is due to the scams...without this way forward (see above) IT IS ALWAYS A SCAM...

So all you have said is completely backwards..it is up to the OP to prove his device exists..not up to folk here following the thread to 'force' him to do so in some

manner..and many legit ..and former group buy and testers of the above previously mentioned equipment above ..did just that and were told to 'screw off'

thus another in the long line of scams on bitcointalk...

hopefully, not many people fell for this

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 06:45:27 PM

it told you very clear already on page 50 when i got informed that there is a thread here, i am not in dept by you in any case, i don't need to proof anything, you wan't something from me, then behave normal ask me normal and i will help you!  

you didn't and you continued with your shit show, i told you also the consequences when you continue like that, do you really think you can extort and force me.

since you continued i am not going in anycase to help you, i told you can talk with my lawyers so easy it is! why your are denying it? you are welcome who ever wan't something, i am available here with my lawyers office@ra-hoefler.at waiting for you.

you have something to say, then don't hide your self behind a avatar and take also responsibility for the extortion and assumption that you are doing.

you are behaving like a kid, he can't get his lollypop, ohhh so lets start a shit show, shame on you!

futher more, marking my avater to give it less trust because you climbed the "legend level" because you have nothing else todo then shitposting the whole day, again i can just move my head and tel you, shame on you!

What I have to say (and have said already) does not require me to know your name, not does it require you to know my name. You made claims that appear to be lies, you need to prove they're not, or you can keep lying if you prefer to look like a scammer. It's up to you. I asked you to post the pictures, you're threatening with lawyers, surely that's not normal, is it?

And really - if you actually had talked to a lawyer the first advice would have been to shut up and stop digging your hole. So take an aspirin, cool down, and post those pictures, or go actually talk to your lawyers and have them send me a letter that I could frame and put up on the wall.

smaram

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:40:14 PM

What I have to say (and have said already) does not require me to know your name, not does it require you to know my name. You made claims that appear to be lies, you need to prove they're not, or you can keep lying if you prefer to look like a scammer. It's up to you. I asked you to post the pictures, you're threatening with lawyers, surely that's not normal, is it?

And really - if you actually had talked to a lawyer the first advice would have been to shut up and stop digging your hole. So take an aspirin, cool down, and post those pictures, or go actually talk to your lawyers and have them send me a letter that I could frame and put up on the wall.

Your self-importance is unbecoming. I need to prove I'm innocent to you because why, you say so? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? And no, the pictures won't do any favors, you would just turn around the story to claim that i am the scammer,  because I'm clearly the only sucker who bought the damn thing and the scammer jumped on the opportunity to frame me.

If you're so clever you'd realize you're the useful idiot here. What you're doing is slanderous, based on nothing but assumptions on top of assumptions. Why? You know this hurts my reputation and now after all what you did, you expect from me to help you, there is no reason anymore, and since I don't owe you a damn thing my only recourse is legal action. Is that so hard to understand for your mind?

Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 07:45:50 PM

Your self-importance is unbecoming. I need to prove I'm innocent to you because why, you say so? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? And no, the pictures won't do any favors, you would just turn around the story to claim that i am the scammer,  because I'm clearly the only sucker who bought the damn thing and the scammer jumped on the opportunity to frame me.

If you're so clever you'd realize you're the useful idiot here. What you're doing is slanderous, based on nothing but assumptions on top of assumptions. Why? You know this hurts my reputation and now after all what you did, you expect from me to help you, there is no reason anymore, and since I don't owe you a damn thing my only recourse is legal action. Is that so hard to understand for your mind?

Post the damned pictures, that's all. How can it be so difficult ? Moreover, you would help the community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: