Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:54:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43403 times)
ZedZedNova

Activity: 475
Merit: 265

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:13:23 AM

by saying they/police do not see a intention on dwarfminer side to steal the money from myself

Did they elaborate on what kind of proof would make them change their mind?

BTW this is the right way to do it. Even though you didn't succeed I would encourage everyone who lost money to contact their local law enforcement.

Yep;  this is the proper method to try and get some sort of return from this problem.

But honestly;  I ran out of popcorn about 2 months ago.....

Here yah go, Moar popcorn!

In case you don't know the reference: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/real_genius/

No mining at the moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:44:13 AM

by saying they/police do not see a intention on dwarfminer side to steal the money from myself

BTW this is the right way to do it. Even though you didn't succeed I would encourage everyone who lost money to contact their local law enforcement.

Yep;  this is the proper method to try and get some sort of return from this problem.

In case you don't know the reference: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/real_genius/

Haha I love that movie so much.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:44:13 PM

Haha I love that movie so much.

Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
OTC_Buyer

Activity: 92
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:58:54 AM

Looks like the email address dwarfminersales@hotmail.com has finally been taken offline since I got a bounce back indicating so.
Ballscack

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 05:24:52 AM

Guys...the police wont help becouse they ask the same thing i do.... WY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE PAY THESE GUYS IN THE FIRST PLACE??? Roll Eyes

They had 0 proof it actualy works and NO whitepaper nada nothing!  It was a scam all over it guys...SERIOUSLY

If u realy want to find the guy or girl who did this go on darkweb and pay some hackers and  u know fast.

vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 05:47:23 AM

It looks you can learn only from your own mistakes. Good lesson for next time.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:59:02 AM

This was a good thing to happen, next time the ones scammed will think twice before giving their money away.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:17:46 PM

How this guy scammed in 2018 is beyond me - this board has tons of posts and warnings about all the scams. There should have been an escrow set up to begin with.

There's no point in contacting local police. It took 2 years to get ahold of Trendon Shavers and he was the biggest scammer ever short of Mt Gox siphon.

Hopefully people only lost disposable money.
Kahooli

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:18:22 PM

How this guy scammed in 2018 is beyond me - this board has tons of posts and warnings about all the scams. There should have been an escrow set up to begin with.

There's no point in contacting local police. It took 2 years to get ahold of Trendon Shavers and he was the biggest scammer ever short of Mt Gox siphon.

Hopefully people only lost disposable money.

It happens because a new idiot is born every minute of every day.
ronnieb

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:36:42 PM

damn, the title is so dumb. the anti asic lol
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

This was a good thing to happen, next time the ones scammed will think twice before giving their money away.

Actually i saw a another FPGA thread and two of the same people that got scammed here were the only one trusting that guy over there.
I guess they never learn.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
greyday

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:34:51 PM

Actually i saw a another FPGA thread and two of the same people that got scammed here were the only one trusting that guy over there.

Different people involved. What you're saying is akin to never buying tacos again because one you bought off a truck gave you food poisoning. That doesn't make all other tacos bad.

(not vouching for anyone by saying that, just saying that some of the FPGA vendors out there are riskier than others)

EDIT TO ADD: the other main FPGA thread is also not just one guy, there are other stores and several coders, as well as many forum users vouching for all of them. Still COULD be a scam, but a world of difference between that and a relatively new user with some jpegs. Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:23:31 PM

Or they are shills in on it, Link to them please.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 08:40:52 PM

Different people involved. What you're saying is akin to never buying tacos again because one you bought off a truck gave you food poisoning. That doesn't make all other tacos bad.

No, it's like replying to every Nigerian e-mail hoping that one of them is gonna be a genuine rich prince with an inexplicable desire to share his wealth with you.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:01:36 PM

No, it's like replying to every Nigerian e-mail hoping that one of them is gonna be a genuine rich prince with an inexplicable desire to share his wealth with you.

That's what I call a strike with headshot.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:46:19 PM

Beekeeper reborn? lol
MinedTangerine

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:17:59 PM

(not vouching for anyone by saying that, just saying that some of the FPGA vendors out there are riskier than others)

EDIT TO ADD: the other main FPGA thread is also not just one guy, there are other stores and several coders, as well as many forum users vouching for all of them. Still COULD be a scam, but a world of difference between that and a relatively new user with some jpegs. Wink

Well yes I agree to an extent but what I observe is that some people want some things to become reality so badly that they are willing to fall for it multiple times. Its like an addiction.

SUQA - A new open source peer to peer digital currency
 (https://suqa.org/)
greyday

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:11:45 PM

No, it's like replying to every email on a particular subject, some of which are scams. Your analogy presupposes that no fpga project is ever legit, which simply isn't true.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 10:56:57 PM

No, it's like replying to every email on a particular subject, some of which are scams. Your analogy presupposes that no fpga project is ever legit, which simply isn't true.

Some e-mails from Nigeria could be legit, but even your interpretation doesn't make sense. You can't just blindly trust every e-mail or every FPGA announcement, that's how scams work.
greyday

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:28:41 PM

Some e-mails from Nigeria could be legit, but even your interpretation doesn't make sense. You can't just blindly trust every e-mail or every FPGA announcement, that's how scams work.

Actually my analogy does work, because that's exactly what it's saying: you DON'T just blindly respond to every email, and all of them AREN'T Nigerian scams.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: