Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTTOCOIN OLD THREAD, [CLOSED]  (Read 370471 times)
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:42:19 PM

Pacience people,  the longer its not in cryptsy the more time to mine, I'd suggest mining as hard as you can now because when it hits cryptsy the auto switching pools will home in on lot and the diff will be 5x in a matter of hours
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:43:09 PM

Pacience people,  the longer its not in cryptsy the more time to mine, I'd suggest mining as hard as you can now because when it hits cryptsy the auto switching pools will home in on lot and the diff will be 5x in a matter of hours
C3ALL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:44:12 PM

I'd think that about right for today's difficulty.

leewilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:47:17 PM

New Pool is up!

Since there is such a great community of Lotto Coins, we decided this coin should be our first pool we create. So enjoy!

Hopefully this helps get it more attention so we can get it on Cryptsy soon (It is already on Coinedup, and is about to really take off!)

Check it out.

www.iPoolCoins.com

For our promotion; The first 20 users who sign up and start mining will pay NO FEES for this pool, or any others that we add! (you must mine for at least 2 hours to qualify though).

Cheers  Grin

Have the first 20 slots been taken?

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:52:45 PM

after mining 1 day at nut2pools i've only mined 100K lotto coins, normally this must be 150 - 200 k . Someone got an accurater pool ?

Hey people stop mining at lot.nut2pools.com
I would like to continue to mine in this pool, but this pool has now 564.17Mhs of total 872.77Mhs network.
It causes trouble for the payment.

Using smaller pool for better payment.

Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:57:13 PM

Hi, i'm looking at the games with the lottocoin and i see you need to deposit more then 2 million coins? Isn't it possible to make smaller gamen?

svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:02:01 PM

after mining 1 day at nut2pools i've only mined 100K lotto coins, normally this must be 150 - 200 k . Someone got an accurater pool ?

I would like to continue to mine in this pool, but this pool has now 564.17Mhs of total 872.77Mhs network.

Hu?
Please explain to me how having a larger stake of the hashrate on the pool causes trouble for the payment?
AizenSou

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:13:59 PM

Hu?
Please explain to me how having a larger stake of the hashrate on the pool causes trouble for the payment?

Large mining pools
Do not use the pools in this list; these pools each have a large part of the total network hash rate! The site Learn Cryptography has more information behind the risks of having pools grow to this size. That site makes light of the potential situation (even though only two Bitcoin pools currently control 60% of the Bitcoin network's hashrate), but it especially applies to Litecoin right now, with the influx of new users.
Think of it this way, what made you decide to join one of these big pools? Was it because bigger is better? For mining, bigger doesn't mean it's better, it just means it's bigger. Joining a bigger pool does not mean bigger or faster payouts, especially when the payment system is probably the same one used by nearly every other pool (PPLNS). Maybe because the big pools are established and trusted? Three of the five pools below were created during the Litecoin rush of April 2013. There are more than 10 other pools, in the list above, that were created at the same time or much earlier.
If you are considering mining on one of the pools below, or if you are currently mining them, please Spread the Hashes and consider switching to a pool in the list above instead.

Quoted from https://litecoin.info/Mining_pool_comparison and If you want to understand more you could read at http://learncryptography.com/51-attack/

To be shorted, mining a pool at more than 50% of the hash rating an entire coin's network has can potentially fork the coin and effectively render coins on the other fork useless.

If you find my information helpful you could donate me some LOT coins, lol

M1wdhD9qW3EguzZTkMZpPP12H8KSmbP5Qj
C3ALL

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:17:57 PM

If a coin is going to fork, then I'd rather be on the side that isn't useless.

Plus with a coin that has in built "luck" like the mega blocks, I'd rather be on a pool with more chance of finding those mega blocks.

svennand

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:25:36 PM

Hu?

Large mining pools
Do not use the pools in this list; these pools each have a large part of the total network hash rate! The site Learn Cryptography has more information behind the risks of having pools grow to this size. That site makes light of the potential situation (even though only two Bitcoin pools currently control 60% of the Bitcoin network's hashrate), but it especially applies to Litecoin right now, with the influx of new users.
Think of it this way, what made you decide to join one of these big pools? Was it because bigger is better? For mining, bigger doesn't mean it's better, it just means it's bigger. Joining a bigger pool does not mean bigger or faster payouts, especially when the payment system is probably the same one used by nearly every other pool (PPLNS). Maybe because the big pools are established and trusted? Three of the five pools below were created during the Litecoin rush of April 2013. There are more than 10 other pools, in the list above, that were created at the same time or much earlier.
If you are considering mining on one of the pools below, or if you are currently mining them, please Spread the Hashes and consider switching to a pool in the list above instead.

Quoted from https://litecoin.info/Mining_pool_comparison and If you want to understand more you could read at http://learncryptography.com/51-attack/

To be shorted, mining a pool at more than 50% of the hash rating an entire coin's network has can potentially fork the coin and effectively render coins on the other fork useless.

If you find my information helpful you could donate me some LOT coins, lol

M1wdhD9qW3EguzZTkMZpPP12H8KSmbP5Qj

Still hasn't answered my question.
Quote from you: It Causes trouble for the payment.

You are referring to the coin experiencing a 51% attack, where the blockchain get forked, possible doublespending etc. This could happen if a pool was "disloyal", now nut2pools have been around a long time and proven itself.
It could also happen if someone ddosed the pool down on its knees, making the overall hash rate much lower and easier to beat. They would however have to take out nut2pools X amount of stratum servers (given that the miners have done what they been told to do SET UP FAILOVER!, even failover to a secondary pool). and still they would need several hundred Mhash to take ownership of the chain. Alternative they have to take down the other big pool to. Leading them to only fight the people on p2pools, solo mining etc.

The way you formulated yourself it seemed that a pool having high hashrate would break the payout system, which is not true.

peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 11:32:19 PM

omg

hash rate doubled in lot.nut2pools.com in only 6 hours.

over 600 mhash right now.

but for some weird reason difficulty decreased to 6. I have no idea why.

still much better than mining 350+ difficulty dogecoin.
AizenSou

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:37:20 PM

You are referring to the coin experiencing a 51% attack, where the blockchain get forked, possible doublespending etc. This could happen if a pool was "disloyal", now nut2pools have been around a long time and proven itself.
It could also happen if someone ddosed the pool down on its knees, making the overall hash rate much lower and easier to beat. They would however have to take out nut2pools X amount of stratum servers (given that the miners have done what they been told to do SET UP FAILOVER!, even failover to a secondary pool). and still they would need several hundred Mhash to take ownership of the chain. Alternative they have to take down the other big pool to. Leading them to only fight the people on p2pools, solo mining etc.

The way you formulated yourself it seemed that a pool having high hashrate would break the payout system, which is not true.

I'm not an expert with cryptocurrency but every comparison I read about pools mining mention about this. And I experienced and tested with nut2pool and no-ip.biz pool myself. The day before nut2pool becomes the biggest one on LOT network they give me my correct estimated coin per day. Then I went to no-ip and got a little less, but understandable since the difficulty rising.
I came back to nut2 and since they become this big I just mining for 2 hours to test and they give me at least 30% less coins than with no-ip.

I don't persuade you to believe in me or not, I just want to share my experiences. I like nut2pool too since they are very reliable to me, but if I got 30% less coins then thanks. I changed the pool Cheesy
svennand

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:46:47 PM

I'm not an expert with cryptocurrency but every comparison I read about pools mining mention about this. And I experienced and tested with nut2pool and no-ip.biz pool myself. The day before nut2pool becomes the biggest one on LOT network they give me my correct estimated coin per day. Then I went to no-ip and got a little less, but understandable since the difficulty rising.
I came back to nut2 and since they become this big I just mining for 2 hours to test and they give me at least 30% less coins than with no-ip.

I don't persuade you to believe in me or not, I just want to share my experiences. I like nut2pool too since they are very reliable to me, but if I got 30% less coins then thanks. I changed the pool Cheesy

At the time you posted, the current "luck" was at around 143%, so you experiencing 30% less payout is nothing strange about.
However, it might be you get 30% more payout the next couple of hours.
If you expect "estimate" to be correct 24/7 you need to go to an PPS pool, prop and pplns will not be to your satisfaction.
Theres however no PPS pool out there for lottocoin atm, with good reasons Wink, the pools there is there now had to do tweak to stuff to avoid getting dropped blocks.
Don't think the daemon has been fixed by the devs yet...

BTW.
I have said it before,but feel i need to repeat myself.
I'm not affiliated with nut2pools any more (was previous partner), so I'm speaking from my own point of view.
I have logo/sig for nut nuts pool, but thats cause i support him from an miners standpoint!
mybogusname

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:56:09 PM

New Pool is up!

Since there is such a great community of Lotto Coins, we decided this coin should be our first pool we create. So enjoy!

Hopefully this helps get it more attention so we can get it on Cryptsy soon (It is already on Coinedup, and is about to really take off!)

Check it out.

www.iPoolCoins.com

For our promotion; The first 20 users who sign up and start mining will pay NO FEES for this pool, or any others that we add! (you must mine for at least 2 hours to qualify though).

Cheers  Grin

Not yet.. almost!

A few spots still open.

Congratulations to the first ones already.. No Pool Fee

Hurry up if you want to take advantage of it before its gone!
AizenSou

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:07:01 AM

At the time you posted, the current "luck" was at around 143%, so you experiencing 30% less payout is nothing strange about.
However, it might be you get 30% more payout the next couple of hours.
If you expect "estimate" to be correct 24/7 you need to go to an PPS pool, prop and pplns will not be to your satisfaction.
Theres however no PPS pool out there for lottocoin atm, with good reasons Wink, the pools there is there now had to do tweak to stuff to avoid getting dropped blocks.
Don't think the daemon has been fixed by the devs yet...

BTW.
I have said it before,but feel i need to repeat myself.
I'm not affiliated with nut2pools any more (was previous partner), so I'm speaking from my own point of view.
I have logo/sig for nut nuts pool, but thats cause i support him from an miners standpoint!

Ok thanks to enlighten me  Grin still a noob. I will test for longer period and report here.
Btw do you know how to estimate your earned coin with a given hashrate and difficulty?

Thanks in advance.
Ravefiend

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:09:24 AM

Added a msg on the https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126796.100 thread to sort out the chart data. Lets hope it gets fixes so things look better for ppl interested in LOT Wink

1QFwbWvcFb1p72i1xqaZP1LknZEgXikz4E
albertdros

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:21:47 AM

guys i got a reply from the coinbomb (admin?) guy. He said this:

i checked, according to the logs it wasnt confirmed, so if that
happens you just buy it again without sending the funds
-------------------
Shane

what exactly does this mean? i cannot buy it anymore bcs the price is different. Also that was not possible bcs people hammering the bomb. What should i do?

EDIT:

HE REFUNDED MY 800K LOT! Great! I am super happy now. Great service by coinbomb!
C3ALL

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:40:37 AM

guys i got a reply from the coinbomb (admin?) guy. He said this:

HE REFUNDED MY 800K LOT! Great! I am super happy now. Great service by coinbomb!

excellent.  this should ensure people have faith in the game Smiley

I thinkwhat he means is that if the transaction does not confirm, you just click buy again and wait until the transaction does confirm.  fine in theory, but as you say with lots of people hammering the buy button, this doesnt work in reality.

my honest thoughts are that there should be a lot more games like this for the coin.  ones with much smaller increases, say 3%, starting at 100 lot.  it would allow newbies to the coin and people who dont have huge amounts to get in on the fun.  with the present 20-110% games, it only takes a few rounds until the lot is higher than the jackpot, so its a game of just hoping somebody buys you out.  take lot 2 for example, it made it back to 2.3M in just a couple of hours.  now its going to probably sit there for a week.  either stake/percent interest needs reducing or the 7 day timer needs to be nearer 24 hours imho.

AizenSou

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:58:41 AM

New Pool is up!

Check it out.

www.iPoolCoins.com

Cheers  Grin

Not yet.. almost!

A few spots still open.

Congratulations to the first ones already.. No Pool Fee

Hurry up if you want to take advantage of it before its gone!
I'm the only one who mining at your pool right now? Strange ! Btw lot.nut2pool died as I already predicted. I want to test nut2 again, damm.
Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:12:11 AM

What's happening with difficulty? Down at 3!!

TIME TO MINE, BITCHES!
1.1Mh/s now <3
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: