Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111618 times)
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 01:42:49 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2011, 02:05:37 PM by ShadowOfHarbringer

mtgox:

You were online again, yet not talking. This does not look good and certainly does not help your trustworthiness, you realize that ?

Now I am starting to think that you and Baron are simply both scammers, but on a different levels and that is the reason for "shadiness" of this topic.

EDIT:
An explanation what exactly is happening now would be extremely helpful. Questions:
- When will you release Baron's account from lockdown ?
- What exactly do you plan to do now ?
- WTF are you doing now that you are so busy you can't answer me in this topic ?

EDIT2:
I also sent you 2 PM's. None of it is answered.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ronaldmaustin

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 02:08:58 PM

We are left having to assume that baron is in fact person B. baron’s account on mtgox holds less than the sum of theft by person B.

I'm pretty sure he means that he is retaking funds stolen from himself and from people who's funds he was holding. I guess it could be a tad more clear.

If MtGox and its customers were robbed of tens of thousand of dollars and no one was told, that alone is reason for great concern, isn't it?  I remember a month or so back when someone lost a few hundred dollars due to "bad passwords" or something.  Even THAT was never fully explained but I was satisfied that it happened on just one account and MtGox gave the guy half his money back, a few hundred dollars and the guy posted he was happy.  I even posted on here that I thought that was laudable.  And I stopped short of agreeing publicly with Vlad (even though I did completely in private) that full disclosure is an absolute necessity in these situations.  How come no one ever heard of this big theft in the first place?  If tens of thousands were hacked from Mtgox that, to me, is more serious that if MtGox were holding money stolen elsewhere.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 02:10:57 PM

We are left having to assume that baron is in fact person B. baron’s account on mtgox holds less than the sum of theft by person B.

I'm pretty sure he means that he is retaking funds stolen from himself and from people who's funds he was holding. I guess it could be a tad more clear.

If MtGox and its customers were robbed of tens of thousand of dollars and no one was told, that alone is reason for great concern, isn't it?  I remember a month or so back when someone lost a few hundred dollars due to "bad passwords" or something.  Even THAT was never fully explained but I was satisfied that it happened on just one account and MtGox gave the guy half his money back, a few hundred dollars and the guy posted he was happy. 

Interesting. Can you post a link to the thread ?

Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2011, 02:19:07 PM

mtgox is not an unknown personm he is not anonymous. And everything is very much linked to his bank account, such that it is linked to his real life identity.

This means that if mtgox were a scammer he's either a brilliant James Bond villian or an idiot. I think that it is highly unlikely that he's a scammer given how easy it would be for hundreds, or possibly thousands of people to go after him legally in real life.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 02:34:47 PM

mtgox is not an unknown personm he is not anonymous. And everything is very much linked to his bank account, such that it is linked to his real life identity.

This means that if mtgox were a scammer he's either a brilliant James Bond villian or an idiot. I think that it is highly unlikely that he's a scammer given how easy it would be for hundreds, or possibly thousands of people to go after him legally in real life.

You never know, life may surprise you.

Anyway, even if he is not a scammer, he behaves like one. And that certainly doesn't help his case.

ronaldmaustin

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 02:59:04 PM

I hope you are not infering that I said Mtgox is a scammer, because I'm not saying that and I don't think that is the case.  But also bear in mind that everything you just said also applies completely to a Mr. Bernard Madoff.  The original poster, on the other hand, DID level that accusation and Mtgox has not said a word that really explains the problem for over one week, nor has MtGox explained WHY it has not said anything. To me, the latter is more problematic than the former.  And the money has been held for over two weeks at this point and we have one party on here stating his side of things, that he is complying with MtGox requests to the best of his ability, and MtGox will not so much as come on here and call him a liar.    If MtGox wants to come on here and state that the OP is a liar I will very likely believe MtGox.  Until then, I don't know what to think.  What is your explanation for all of this delay and stonewalling Nefario?
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 03:09:13 PM

I hope you are not infering that I said Mtgox is a scammer, because I'm not saying that and I don't think that is the case.  But also bear in mind that everything you just said also applies completely to a Mr. Bernard Madoff.  The original poster, on the other hand, DID level that accusation and Mtgox has not said a word that really explains the problem after one week, nor has MtGox explained WHY it has not said anything.  To me, the latter is more problematic than the former.  What is your explanation for that Nefario?

I have just accused mtgox of being a scammer and running a shady business. God, i may have actually insulted him (on purpose).

A normal, non-scammer person would be outraged and would start posting like hell explaining wtf is going on, or even attacking my behaviour. Especially that mtgox's profits are strtictly dependant on his reputation on this forum, as this is the hub of Bitcoin community.

But no, he behaves exactly as a person with unclear conscience would behave.
Mtgox may not be a scammer, but i believe he is not "clean" either. If you are 100% honest, have nothing to hide, and you run a business, it is in your deepest interest to talk, explain, be helpful.

Mtgox does not do that however, which means, that with high probability he is guilty of something.

So what are you hiding from us, mtgox ?

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 03:18:56 PM

It will help you kiba
https://www.libertyreserve.com/en/services/info
Fill the form with Baron's account U1172929 and turing number.

I'm not a mtgox.com user. I'm not a boiling frog.
Paypal blocked his account, shadow business practices, fees, limits, hacking, user account locking, etc.

What's next?

Time to the Bitcoin community to code a decentralized exchanger service.

Already done that. It still doesn't prove anything.

Drifter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 03:20:11 PM

Just because he doesn't answer every question and every beckoned call, doesn't mean he acts like a scammer or is "hiding" anything. What else do you want him to say? He's given you all the info he knows about Baron and the transactions up to date.

Shadow, did you ever think that it's none of your damn business, anyway? Would you expect any other financial institution to inform you on the matters of another person's account? We're lucky he's even keeping us posted how he is and not only speaking with Baron privately. Did you ever think that Mt. Gox has a life/business/family to soak up his time instead of sitting on the bitcoin forum answering all of your questions?

Some people.... It's been a fucking week. He's told you all he knows about Barons transactions, and is trying to reach Baron further. He reiterated this morning what he knows and what he's trying to do. Give it some time. Go outside.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 03:23:50 PM

Mtgox may not be a scammer, but i believe he is not "clean" either. If you are 100% honest, have nothing to hide, and you run a business, it is in your deepest interest to talk, explain, be helpful.

Mtgox does not do that however, which means, that with high probability he is guilty of something.

Oh come on, a person with "unclear conscience" or "not clean" wouldn't even care about stopping the thief in the first place. He's done way more than he needed. He should be congratulated for that, not bashed like this.

And he has manifested himself a reasonable amount of times. He doesn't need to post at the same rate everybody here is doing, chill down.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 03:24:11 PM

Just because he doesn't answer every question and every beckoned call, doesn't mean he acts like a scammer or is "hiding" anything. What else do you want him to say? He's given you all the info he knows about Baron and the transactions up to date.

Shadow, did you ever think that it's none of your damn business, anyway? Would you expect any other financial institution to inform you on the matters of another person's account? We're lucky he's even keeping us posted how he is and not only speaking with Baron privately. Did you ever think that Mt. Gox has a life/business/family to soak up his time instead of sitting on the bitcoin forum answering all of your questions?

Some people.... It's been a fucking week. He's told you all he knows about Barons transactions, and is trying to reach Baron further. He reiterated this morning what he knows and what he's trying to do. Give it some time. Go outside.

People are dying for transparency.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 03:25:33 PM

+1
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 03:30:37 PM

Shadow, did you ever think that it's none of your damn business, anyway?

What do you mean that it is not my business ?
I'm using MTGOX, so it is my business.

How am i supposed to trust somebody who doesn't give a duck about what his clients think of him ?

Would you expect any other financial institution to inform you on the matters of another person's account? We're lucky he's even keeping us posted how he is and not only speaking with Baron privately. Did you ever think that Mt. Gox has a life/business/family to soak up his time instead of sitting on the bitcoin forum answering all of your questions?

I would expect that somebody who cares if people trust his company would be much more explanatory and helpful.
When you run a business such as this and you're taking it seriously, you care about that.

But it's clear now that mtgox does not.

+1

It's all about transparency & actually caring what your clients think about you.
It's not the first time that mtgox refused to show that where it was needed.

It looks to me as if mtgox does not care about his clients or his reputation at all.

Baron (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:11:10 PM

Oh come on, a person with "unclear conscience" or "not clean" wouldn't even care about stopping the thief in the first place. He's done way more than he needed. He should be congratulated for that, not bashed like this.

And he has manifested himself a reasonable amount of times. He doesn't need to post at the same rate everybody here is doing, chill down.

congratulated for that?  He is fucking scamer.  Why he don't go to Police, what for he is waiting?

He refuse to give me his contacts. I was writing him few emails, to give me his contacts, he don't reply.
-----------

previously, in this thread, I was asking what he going to do with those 45 000$? put into his pocket, or give it to his government .   
That is why he created story, that his website was hacked and I add money to my mtgox.com account without depositing by liberty reserve.  In such cases he wanted put those 45 000$ into his own pocket and not give to his government (as everyone should). And nobody will ask mtgox.com what you going to do with those 45 000$.

He thought that I don't have any evidence of depositing liberty reserve. But he FAILED.  I have , and I showed to everyone.
--------

Look at thread: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3089.0

When that man has some problems , mtgox.com  seriously take that  problem, and trying to resolve it quickly , by providing evidences to all forum members (public).  Why he is quiet now? because he is confused. He don't giving to  everyone any evidences. Why ? because he don't have?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:12:49 PM

But he FAILED.  I have , and I showed to everyone. 

It's only evidence that you know a transaction that goes to mtgox.

Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2011, 04:17:19 PM

Shadow, did you ever think that it's none of your damn business, anyway?

What do you mean that it is not my business ?
I'm using MTGOX, so it is my business.

How am i supposed to trust somebody who doesn't give a duck about what his clients think of him ?

Would you expect any other financial institution to inform you on the matters of another person's account? We're lucky he's even keeping us posted how he is and not only speaking with Baron privately. Did you ever think that Mt. Gox has a life/business/family to soak up his time instead of sitting on the bitcoin forum answering all of your questions?

I would expect that somebody who cares if people trust his company would be much more explanatory and helpful.
When you run a business such as this and you're taking it seriously, you care about that.

But it's clear now that mtgox does not.

+1

It's all about transparency & actually caring what your clients think about you.
It's not the first time that mtgox refused to show that where it was needed.

It looks to me as if mtgox does not care about his clients or his reputation at all.

I think you're wrong, and going way over the top on this one. It took him a while to give an initial response, which is understandable. Barron knows right away when he can't get at the funds and gets on the forum ASAP to bitch about it.

This is actually a private matter between barron and mtgox, which barron brought into public to put pressure on mtgox to release the funds.

Whats mtgox suppossed to say, a lot of what has happened is not meant to be public, at least not initially. He can't go blabbing out everying at the drop of a hat. He said what he could. His actions are reasonable (freezing funds, not taking them).

And now, as details are being made available it's becoming clear that barron is a scammer (even in your own words).

What mtgox did, and the way he did it is a good thing. It's none of your business what are his dealings with his other clients.

It is also becoming clear that barron is doing everything he can to continue to put presure on mtgox to release the funds, and at the same time discredit him.
AND YOU ARE HELPING HIM.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:26:59 PM

It's none of your business what are his dealings with his other clients.

Of course it is my business.
If he scammed somebody, he may scam me someday as well.

It is also becoming clear that barron is doing everything he can to continue to put presure on mtgox to release the funds, and at the same time discredit him.
AND YOU ARE HELPING HIM.

For the record, i know that Baron is most likely a scammer. I'm NOT taking Baron's side on this.

What I am saying - mtgox should talk more to increase transparency. He is not good enough at public relations.

If mtgox would just start be little more talkative, that would fix this case. The problem is he is behaving just opposite to how he should behave, and this worries me.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:28:52 PM

I think you're wrong, and going way over the top on this one. It took him a while to give an initial response, which is understandable. Barron knows right away when he can't get at the funds and gets on the forum ASAP to bitch about it.

This is actually a private matter between barron and mtgox, which barron brought into public to put pressure on mtgox to release the funds.

Whats mtgox suppossed to say, a lot of what has happened is not meant to be public, at least not initially. He can't go blabbing out everying at the drop of a hat. He said what he could. His actions are reasonable (freezing funds, not taking them).

And now, as details are being made available it's becoming clear that barron is a scammer (even in your own words).

What mtgox did, and the way he did it is a good thing. It's none of your business what are his dealings with his other clients.

AND YOU ARE HELPING HIM.

That may be so, but we know zips about what's really happening. Combined with no clear term of service, no dispute resolution process, people are worried about MtGox's intention. They also don't know what MtGox will do next.

Baron (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2011, 04:38:39 PM

Oh my god, I am scamer now and I am putting  pressure on mtgox.com . So  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3089.0  is scamer too, because he was trying putting "pressure" on mtgox.com? So for what this forum was created?

I believe mtgox.com is laughing from all you, by reading all this thread.

For what reason you saying that I am scamer?   

I see there is members who trying to shut up me. But I don't!

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2011, 04:44:11 PM

Oh my god, I am scamer now and I am putting  pressure on mtgox.com . So  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3089.0  is scamer too, because he was trying putting "pressure" on mtgox.com? So for what this forum was created?

I believe mtgox.com is laughing from all you, by reading all this thread.

For what reason you saying that I am scamer?   

I see there is members who trying to shut up me. But I don't!

cryptofo is not a scammer, and mtgox compensated him for his loss (not the full amount as cryptofo was partly to blame with a weak password). The compensation came out of mtgox's own pockets.

Again mtgox took some time to post on the forum, but it was after he had done something. Otherwise he would have had nothing to say.

ShadowOfHarbringer: if who scammed someone? mtgox or barron?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: