Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:28:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111618 times)
Baron (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 09:53:30 PM

Not to mention that you would have to be an idiot to keep 45K in an on-line account that has no terms and conditions etc.

I see only 3 possible reasons:

You've a lot of cash, so 45K is nothing for you.
You think you found a great place to stash it (***eediot!***)
You're stupid.

EDIT: Here however there's something I've to give to mtgox. If a guy out of the blue puts 45K on my hand I would be over suspicious either. As a thing we use to say around: «When the dole is too big, the saint gets suspicious»

But mtgox said the transaction involved stolen BTCs, not USD; that's why I can't image how come he was able to collect 45K USD worth of BTC; unless some of it was legit.

Anyawy, I am sure mtgox has a very good reason for what he's doing and have a great deal of trust for him.

I don't collect 45 000 USD worth of BTC.   this is USD balance in my mtgox.com account, to witch I deposited funds using liberty reserve.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 09:55:34 PM

We have very limited information here, hence plenty of space for all kind of speculations, and mtgox has none to blame for this but themselves. Too bad that this indirectly damages bitcoin reputation and economy, hopefully only temporarily.

This is what I find of concern too.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 09:58:53 PM

Not to mention that you would have to be an idiot to keep 45K in an on-line account that has no terms and conditions etc.

You're stupid.

EDIT: Here however there's something I've to give to mtgox. If a guy out of the blue puts 45K on my hand I would be over suspicious either. As a thing we use to say around: «When the dole is too big, the saint gets suspicious»

But mtgox said the transaction involved stolen BTCs, not USD; that's why I can't image how come he was able to collect 45K USD worth of BTC; unless some of it was legit.

Anyawy, I am sure mtgox has a very good reason for what he's doing and have a great deal of trust for him.

I don't collect 45 000 USD worth of BTC.   this is USD balance in my mtgox.com account, to witch I deposited funds using liberty reserve.

So how come mtgox said BTC theft was involved in that? Did they mean you got in possession of LR selling stolen BTC?
Mahkul

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:01:36 PM

So far actions of mtgox is not really very consistent  with what they should have done if they were acting to comply with usual money laundering regulations. (they do differ from country to country, so I might not know some details and it is not even clear which law is applicable here, costa-rican, US, mythical bitcoin common law or something else). Generally, in case of money laundering procedure mtgox should not have said anything at all on this forum, but they did said a few words along the lines "we are trying to contact him and looking into this".

Again. Not much information available hence lots of space for speculation.

Exactly. I think mtgox should make a statement; and something more descriptive than one sentence.
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:01:47 PM

You're stupid.

I don't collect 45 000 USD worth of BTC.   this is USD balance in my mtgox.com account, to witch I deposited funds using liberty reserve.

So how come mtgox said BTC theft was involved in that? Did they mean you got in possession of LR selling stolen BTC?

because someone sends to my bitcoin (not mtgox.com account) account stolen money.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:08:23 PM

I don't collect 45 000 USD worth of BTC.   this is USD balance in my mtgox.com account, to witch I deposited funds using liberty reserve.

Baron, if you want to convince us, I suggest you start at the beginning and explain in detail how you came into possession of large amounts of LRUSD and/or BTC. So far, I don't think you've done a very good job painting a coherent picture.

because someone sends to my bitcoin (not mtgox.com account) account stolen money.

What? That doesn't even make sense. Mtgox would not know that someone sent stolen Bitcoin to your non-mtgox address.
Mahkul

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:09:20 PM

You're stupid.

Must have been a significant amount of BTC then to get him to freeze your account; plus if you are offering 3,000 USD just to forget about the whole case (I know 3,000$ is nothing to you just like 45,000$ Wink ). But I assure you, I am not in Africa; plenty of people in the UK make less than that per year.
Mahkul

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:10:12 PM

Baron, if you want to convince us, I suggest you start at the beginning and explain in detail how you came into possession of large amounts of LRUSD and/or BTC. So far, I don't think you've done a very good job painting a coherent picture.
+1
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:16:32 PM

What? That doesn't even make sense. Mtgox would not know that someone sent stolen Bitcoin to your non-mtgox address.

+1 no sense at all...

As for Baron to have to justify himself... I don't think these folks aren't dealing with PayPal and regular banks for no reason. That point is valid for both ends, taken mtgox also pays out by LR.
Nevertheless Baron is casting big accusations against one of the "core sites" for Bitcoin exchange, put to stake the whole Bitcoin along with mtgox's reputation. This concerns me... I gave up bitcoin too soon, as it seams, now seams I'm rejoining it too late. *sighs*...  Angry

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:22:19 PM

chronology
1. I register account on mtgox.com
2. I deposited small amont of funds from liberty reserve to mtgox.com for testing.
3. I deposited big amount of funds from liberty reserve to mtgox.com for starting trading.
4. I buy some k$ BTC in mtgox.com market, I withdraw some k$ BTC to my bitcoin account, to see how it works.
5. I countinue trading on mtgox.com market.
6. I withdrawing some funds from mtgox.com back to liberty reserve.
7. I meet man in IRC who offer me to make deal, he send me ~9000$ BTC I send him ~3000$ liberty reserve (simple trade) minus some fees, I accepted, trade was made. btc rate in that day was ~0.30/BTC.
8. After month after trade was made (with man from IRC) I noticed that my mtgox.com acount is blocked.
9. Mtgox.com starting asking from where I get those 9000$ BTC, I explained.

At the end:

in my mtgox.com account is 45000 USD, ~2650 BTC.
in my bitcoin account is ~12 000 BTC

Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:24:40 PM

You should ask mtgox.com what he know and from where he knows. I don't know.

riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:27:20 PM

chronology
2. I deposited small amont of funds from liberty reserve to mtgox.com for testing.
3. I deposited big amount of funds from liberty reserve to mtgox.com for starting trading.
4. I buy some k$ BTC in mtgox.com market, I withdraw some k$ BTC to my bitcoin account, to see how it works.
6. I meet man in IRC who offer me to make deal, he send me ~9000$ BTC I send him ~3000$ liberty reserve (simple trade) minus some fees, I accepted, trade was made. btc rate in that day was ~0.30/BTC.
7. After month after trade was made (with man from IRC) I noticed that my mtgox.com acount is blocked.

Just curious: in which block was this transaction (6) included?

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:29:17 PM

chronology
6. I meet man in IRC who offer me to make deal, he send me ~9000$ BTC I send him ~3000$ liberty reserve (simple trade) minus some fees, I accepted, trade was made. btc rate in that day was ~0.30/BTC.
7. After month after trade was made (with man from IRC) I noticed that my mtgox.com acount is blocked.

sorry I don't understand your questions, please ask more widly. what blocks is?

theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:31:07 PM

chronology

We're attempting to verify that the transaction you described happened. If you could also give us the address that was used (since you don't ever have to use that address again), we could look it up that way.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:34:17 PM

chronology

We're attempting to verify that the transaction you described happened. If you could also give us the address that was used (since you don't ever have to use that address again), we could look it up that way.

bitcoin addreses:
19n8ogD8imviHn9iZSpmUgdZqjTuDxzDwv
1DVQEpTFjxYpZMVy4Bam9MCxeGEtmMmQCh

Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:35:36 PM

Baron,

May I suggest the following:

1. To comply with mtgox request to see scan of your passport (if there was such request).
2. Be prepared to explain origin of of any funds involved with documents to prove as much as possible (maybe not to mtgox but to authorities).
3. Talk to a lawyer in your jurisdiction and in mtgox jurisdiction, whatever it is. First consultation with a lawyer is often free.

To bad we do not have any coherent statements from mtgox. Even something as simple as "we are acting in compliance with laws of such and such jurisdiction" would better than nothing, but obviously the more factual information is provided the better.

Appalling luck of mtgox public relation skills hurts all bitcoin community.

I am ready to send passport scan to lawyer , but not to mtgox.com , because I can't trust him anymore.
I was talking with mine lawyer he advice me solve this situation peacefully.

dkaparis

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:39:01 PM

7. I meet man in IRC who offer me to make deal, he send me ~9000$ BTC I send him ~3000$ liberty reserve (simple trade) minus some fees, I accepted, trade was made. btc rate in that day was ~0.30/BTC.
8. After month after trade was made (with man from IRC) I noticed that my mtgox.com acount is blocked.

After the deal with the stranger, have you done any BTC deposits to your mtgox account?
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:39:42 PM

After the deal with the stranger, have you done any BTC deposits to your mtgox account?

No.

dkaparis

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:44:40 PM

No.

How exactly did mtgox refer to the 9000$ BTC in question, in their inquiry?
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:46:04 PM

No.

How exactly did mtgox refer to the 9000$ BTC in question, in their inquiry?

He blocked my mtgox.com account, and started asking from where i received 9000$ , I explained him.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: