Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:01:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What month do you believe the Monarch will be delivered on (First Pres-orders)? and what do you think about the Delay?
December ?? 2013
January ?? 2014 (Happy NO Monarch Day!)
February ?? 2014
Marnarch 17, 2014
April FOOOOOLs,  YOU FOOOls, 2014 hahahahahahhha
Cinco de Mayo, 2014 ~ Josh is living La vida Loca with Ricky Martin
June ?? 2014
July 04, 2014 ~ set Ur BFL rigs on fire DAY!
August ?? 2014
September 1, 2014 ~ : Labor NO more with BFL
October ?? 2014
November 27, 2014 ~ Turkey/Josh's day
December 25, 2014 ~ "SantaJosh brought me coal's again this year"
What!!! 2015 (Have a Happy Happy New Year From BFL/Josh)
Two MORE Weeks! I promise...LOVE Josh/Inabobo
"Jejeje I love all these newbee's suckers... I mean customers" Love Josh/Inaba/BFL
ONLY GOD KNOWs... "Josh oh Josh... this is GOD speaking... Its TIME to give-up the GOOOOOOOOOOOODs or... Im coming for YOU!"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} WHAT THE!! ButterflyLads WONT deliver the Monarch Till...ONLY GOD KNOWs?:(  (Read 47931 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:23:19 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 10:01:51 PM by LittleD

acouple more lies from your boy Josh:

Monarch Information-hangman.jpg
 No noose is good noose?

Maybe so! No word from the packaging facility as of yet, which means there's no problems. That's good. That's really all the update I have, as the status of things hasn't changed much since last week - just waiting on slicing/dicing/packaging. While we expect the chips out sooner, the end of next week is the absolute latest date the packaging facility gave us on chips, so it's unlikely it would be any longer than that, but hopefully shorter. The fact that they haven't come back to us with any problems at this stage is encouraging and indicates things are running smoothly on their end, as they'd be burning up the phone lines if there was an issue.

One a slightly related note, I should have the draft of the Monarch communication protocol (detailing how to communicate with it over PCIe and over USB) in the next couple days, which I will post here once I'm satisfied with the draft. At that time, you guys can pick it apart and we'll see about making revision.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/4414-monarch-information.html

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:26:22 PM

i find it a joke that these are still going to be used for PCI-e ports. they will be far too massive, and it makes no sense in comparison to just using USB and having them external like the previous gear

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 07:58:26 PM

i find it a joke that these are still going to be used for PCI-e ports. they will be far too massive, and it makes no sense in comparison to just using USB and having them external like the previous gear
They don't look much bigger to me than the ATI reference design for the R9 two slot video cards are quite common.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:16:45 PM

They don't look much bigger to me than the ATI reference design for the R9 two slot video cards are quite common.
Have your eyes checked. Specifically, before you go out on the road today with a 1 ton vehicle hurtling at 50mph+.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:19:56 PM

You don't mess with water cooling do you erk Huh  If BFL misses their target wattage...you know they will...those waterblocks may get pretty big,maybe 3 bay at least is my guess.

So now instead of 3 or 4 per PC,your gonna need risers & the ole GPU rigging again  Grin

No standard GPU WB will do,gonna need a couple of CPU type WB & will be very large,hanging off your mobo PCIE slot...better lay your puter on its side!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:35:28 PM

Have your eyes checked. Specifically, before you go out on the road today with a 1 ton vehicle hurtling at 50mph+.
I think he's probably referring to this

and not this
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:33:46 PM

^exactly. that card prototype already will need 2-3 slots, and a radiator for it will probably be the only part of it that resembles the reference design.

honestly, they should scrap the design, make it a 4-chip standalone with some PCB  remodelling, and then watercool it in a 'normal' fashion. the PCI form-factor is clearly not working and could be the most terrible design in bitcoin history

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:38:39 PM

I dunno... when I see that big red water cooling system, I see prototype with excessive waterflow, to allow for overcooling and performance evaluation.  If their target market is 4x of these in a server, I really doubt they'll keep something that unwieldy.  Maybe I missed something here.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:43:25 PM

I dunno... when I see that big red water cooling system, I see prototype with excessive waterflow, to allow for overcooling and performance evaluation.  If their target market is 4x of these in a server, I really doubt they'll keep something that unwieldy.  Maybe I missed something here.

They always miss their target. You can count on it.

Buy & Hold
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:44:03 PM

I dunno... when I see that big red water cooling system, I see prototype with excessive waterflow, to allow for overcooling and performance evaluation.  If their target market is 4x of these in a server, I really doubt they'll keep something that unwieldy.  Maybe I missed something here.
The standard unit is obviously not water cooled, it's air cooled, water cooling is just an option the devs are testing.

It would take a might power supply to run 4 x Monarch cards even if they come on on spec.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:19:51 PM

Yes erk, but that's the prototype, the real one will be at least twice the size, once the inevitable lower hashrate and higher power consumption are dealt with Smiley

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

One more pic from your boy Josh ~  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:38:54 AM

^exactly. that card prototype already will need 2-3 slots, and a radiator for it will probably be the only part of it that resembles the reference design.

honestly, they should scrap the design, make it a 4-chip standalone with some PCB  remodelling, and then watercool it in a 'normal' fashion. the PCI form-factor is clearly not working and could be the most terrible design in bitcoin history

BFL are always the first in all of the BAD categorys of bitcoin history  Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:08:24 AM

Another lie from dropt!  Who'dathunkit?

BFL is behind by less than a month, if you can even classify it as being behind, since we never promised a shipping date.  Be that as it may, if history repeats itself, we'll be right on target and timeframe for the Monarch.  Our second generation FPGA was underpromised and overdelivered as far as performance goes... if history repeats itself, the second generation ASIC will be as well.

Look how many people believed you would deliver on January ?? 2014 -5 (1.4%)

Here's
February ?? 2014 - 12 (3.4%)
&
Marnarch 17, 2014 - 24 (6.7%)

Tongue Tongue Tongue

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:00:00 AM

[Incoherent stuttering]

Look how many people believed you would deliver on January ?? 2014 -5 (1.4%)

Here's
February ?? 2014 - 12 (3.4%)
&
Marnarch 17, 2014 - 24 (6.7%)

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Quote from: King of the window lickers
However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and we feel our timeline to begin shipments towards the end of the year is solid.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131204120049/https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/600-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html/

* Their emphasis, not mine.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:02:58 AM

^I was actually trying to seriously pick match 17 when this thread started, and now i actually think that wont happen.

The monarch wont arrive till april fools I think

ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:17:37 AM

All I know was that my Jallys were 6 months late.

To me, whatever they claim, re-claim, counter-claim, fabricate and re-adjust has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

By the time they ship, 600 Mh/s won't get you 0.05 BTC per day, if you're lucky.

You're better off buying whatever hardware you can get your hands on now for $2k, than waiting 3-6 months (if you're lucky) for a Monarch.

If you've pre-ordered, you screwed yourself, and have nobody else to blame.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 06:58:57 AM

All I know was that my Jallys were 6 months late.

To me, whatever they claim, re-claim, counter-claim, fabricate and re-adjust has absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

By the time they ship, 600 Mh/s won't get you 0.05 BTC per day, if you're lucky.

You're better off buying whatever hardware you can get your hands on now for $2k, than waiting 3-6 months (if you're lucky) for a Monarch.

If you've pre-ordered, you screwed yourself, and have nobody else to blame.

+1

Yeah by the time this junk ships, you will be able to pick up a 600gh/s unit by alternative manufacturer for about $1000-2000 on ebay -_-
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

STOP PRE-ORDERING PEOPLE!!! STOP THE NONSENSE!!!! no one but yourself to blame unless you are happy to wait and fund Josh's coke binges in the meantime...if that works for you then i can't help you. REFUND NOW!!!  BFL are being sued left right and centre and more cases are about to come out of the wood works....pssst
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:37:56 PM

^I was actually trying to seriously pick match 17 when this thread started, and now i actually think that wont happen.

The monarch wont arrive till april fools I think

I picked June.
ndrmutz

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:01:59 AM

Its a sad sad fact that ButtFuckingLiars is a representative of Amercian know how and can do

What happened to America ?

"How did this happen? Who's to blame? Certainly there are those who are more responsible than others. And they will be held accountable. But again, truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty you need only look into a mirror." - V
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: