Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:23:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What month do you believe the Monarch will be delivered on (First Pres-orders)? and what do you think about the Delay?
December ?? 2013
January ?? 2014 (Happy NO Monarch Day!)
February ?? 2014
Marnarch 17, 2014
April FOOOOOLs,  YOU FOOOls, 2014 hahahahahahhha
Cinco de Mayo, 2014 ~ Josh is living La vida Loca with Ricky Martin
June ?? 2014
July 04, 2014 ~ set Ur BFL rigs on fire DAY!
August ?? 2014
September 1, 2014 ~ : Labor NO more with BFL
October ?? 2014
November 27, 2014 ~ Turkey/Josh's day
December 25, 2014 ~ "SantaJosh brought me coal's again this year"
What!!! 2015 (Have a Happy Happy New Year From BFL/Josh)
Two MORE Weeks! I promise...LOVE Josh/Inabobo
"Jejeje I love all these newbee's suckers... I mean customers" Love Josh/Inaba/BFL
ONLY GOD KNOWs... "Josh oh Josh... this is GOD speaking... Its TIME to give-up the GOOOOOOOOOOOODs or... Im coming for YOU!"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} WHAT THE!! ButterflyLads WONT deliver the Monarch Till...ONLY GOD KNOWs?:(  (Read 47930 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:28:02 PM

To think that the Monarch product didn't ship in March April 2014 is incredible. I guess Monarch customers can cross their fingers for April May...

FTFY

Liar! It says right there, http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

begin shipments in February, 2014

Buy & Hold
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:26:35 AM

To think that the Monarch product didn't ship in March April 2014 is incredible. I guess Monarch customers can cross their fingers for April May...

FTFY

Liar! It says right there, http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/

begin shipments in February, 2014

People paid 45 bitcoins for that obsolete piece of shit...you suck balls BFL and I hope that dickbag con-artist gets sent to the slammer.
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:14:56 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 12:43:19 AM by LittleD

Power Chart

We designed the Monarch with power efficiency in mind but the results of the testing phases have exceeded our expectations. It will be the best on the market in performance.

At our nominal speed for the Monarch, 600 GH/s, power consumption is about .3W/GH at the chip level. We expect it to draw around 235W (0.39W/GH) at the wall. The Monarch can be overclocked to approximately 800 GH/s per chip, or 1.6 TH total per board with specialized cooling. The Imperial Monarch is expected to consume about 550W at the wall at 1 TH/s. Keep in mind, these numbers are from chip level testing.

The Monarch product line will be essentially 3 – 5X more efficient at any comparable hashrate than the competition. We plan to begin shipping within the next week, but that timeline is still in flux as we adjust the board components to best utilize the chips.
Read entire production update post

Monarch Rack Mount System

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monarch Rack Mount System

In other news, the Monarch Rack Mount System is a standard 4U sized data center optimized bitcoin miner based on the Monarch technology. The performance is 3TH/s and it consumes approximately 1,600w; overclocking is possible up to 4TH/s in proper cooling conditions.

Customers who have ordered individual Monarch cards can purchase an empty rackmount case or upgrade an existing monarch card order into a rackmount assembled at the factory. Additionally, you can purchase a rackmount system preloaded with three monarch cards.

Pricing and product ordering will be available next week.

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:28:13 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 02:47:50 AM by Bicknellski

LOL!

In August I will be receiving 2 x 6.5 Th/s SP30s - 2U for under $4500 each DELIVERED. To get the same amount of hash from BFL I would spend over $51,000 USD based on their stated $/gh pricing and have 0 expectation on a delivery date as they have NOTHING working yet. I spent only $8991 USD with shipping to Norway for 13Th/s delivery in August 2014.

There is absolutely NO WAY anyone ordering BFL today or last week will get their units in August 2014. Game over BFL. You lost. I am taking shipment next week of Bitmain S2 for only $2100 USD that does 1 Th/s which is only $ 2.10 / Gh. Much much cheaper than the $ 3.66 / Gh post on BFL site. It is amazing that BFL thinks the competition cost $ 17.50 /GH. They are living in the past or lying on their website.

Power numbers as well. They don't have a working prototype and they are saying their power numbers are better? Please. Proof is in a real working item as we all know what BFL power numbers mean. Pfft. Game over BFL, game over.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:53:20 AM

Monarchs will make pennys  by the time there out,butterflylabs have once again been unfaithfull,but there is no real evidence there mining with your miners before they ship,why do people think this?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:29:00 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 01:14:26 PM by Searing

LOL!

In August I will be receiving 2 x 6.5 Th/s SP30s - 2U for under $4500 each DELIVERED. To get the same amount of hash from BFL I would spend over $51,000 USD based on their stated $/gh pricing and have 0 expectation on a delivery date as they have NOTHING working yet. I spent only $8991 USD with shipping to Norway for 13Th/s delivery in August 2014.

There is absolutely NO WAY anyone ordering BFL today or last week will get their units in August 2014. Game over BFL. You lost. I am taking shipment next week of Bitmain S2 for only $2100 USD that does 1 Th/s which is only $ 2.10 / Gh. Much much cheaper than the $ 3.66 / Gh post on BFL site. It is amazing that BFL thinks the competition cost $ 17.50 /GH. They are living in the past or lying on their website.

Power numbers as well. They don't have a working prototype and they are saying their power numbers are better? Please. Proof is in a real working item as we all know what BFL power numbers mean. Pfft. Game over BFL, game over.

yeah for those that did not get BFL News here is the link they just sent the mind boggles

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5015fc3486176144c53751877&id=4cba49d604&e=7bb6242f2b

Again got my refund but if it was not for the troubles with Sonny V's probation and such I'm fairly sure
I would have not gotten a full refund after 1 year and 20 days from BFL on may 2nd 2013 not much of a
coincidence imho that the if you did not get your order in 6 months we will refund came up around the
time Sonny V's probation for mail fraud was being re-investigated...(naw that can't be right huh  Smiley )

anyway do what you can to evade their clutches ..I see them pulling the plug on BFL just like Gox
here soon..only so far you can run this scam string out imho...no sales ..forced refunds means it
all is gonna go 'boom'

(man so frigging happy I got a refund....fight like hell to get the same if you can)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:34:15 AM

LOL!

yeah for those that did not get BFL News here is the link they just sent the mind boggles

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5015fc3486176144c53751877&id=4cba49d604&e=7bb6242f2b

Again got my refund but if it was not for the troubles with Sonny V's probation and such I'm fairly sure
I would have not gotten a full refund after 1 year and 1 day from BFL on may 2nd 2013 not much of a
coincidence imho that the if you did not get your order in 6 months we will refund came up around the
time Sonny V's probation for mail fraud was being re-investigated...(naw that can't be right huh  Smiley )

anyway do what you can to evade their clutches ..I see them pulling the plug on BFL just like Gox
here soon..only so far you can run this scam string out imho...no sales ..forced refunds means it
all is gonna go 'boom'

(man so frigging happy I got a refund....fight like hell to get the same if you can)

Searing

I dont get anyone in US would bother asking for refund thro email. They will just ignore it. Go talk to them FACE TO FACE. See if they can say no. Bring legal paper to show they're violating FTC. I would break that dickhead face if he ever talk like how he posts online (Inaba).

Btw, do they even dare to go to any bitcoin conference? I suggest you all go there and shut their booth down.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:15:40 PM

Monarchs will make pennys  by the time there out,butterflylabs have once again been unfaithfull,but there is no real evidence there mining with your miners before they ship,why do people think this?

Mostly because recent court documents show they have been...  The question is not if they have been mining but how long and how much have they made from mining.  I for one hope we get to see the # BTC they mined burning in gear, I think it's going to be quite high.  If this is the case old Sonny boy better hope he is better at hiding them than the man is at finding them...  On top of that the courts better not find out that any of the people working at BF Labs had working gear mining for themselves before customer orders were filled.  If the lads at BF Labs are as stupid as I think they are then a shit storm is about to be unleashed and it's going to get messy and take a long time to figure it out.

Not to mention the fact that BFL ran around these very forums in 2012 stating they would not burn in on the main net.  They valued their customers and wouldn't dare break the trust of the mining community by affecting the hash rate with their MASSIVE onslaught of hash rate.  At the time they were going to descend on USPS and Fed Ex like a pack of Locust!!!!  Oh god the good old days, can't wait to see some of the stone cold bullshit Inaba posted end up as evidence against the whole BF Labs crew!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/217190032/Butterfly-Labs-Production-of-Requested-Information-December-6-2013

What is Eclipse Mining Equipment?
Eclipse Mining Consortium was a website that Butterfly Labs purchased from Josh Zerlan in 2012. The website was a Bitcoin mining pool website that allowed multiple users to work together to mine Bitcoins that would be shared among the group. Pooled mining allows a user to receive smaller, but more frequent Bitcoins that are divided by the number of shares that an individual earns relative to the processing power that they contributed to mining a block of Bitcoins. Butterfly Labs acquired the IP address and website from Mr. Zerlan for 100,000. Eclipse Mining Consortium still operates as a Bitcoin mining pool website. The business purpose was to offer customers a place to combine their BitCoin mining power. Butterfly Labs earns mining income from their bum testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:02:54 PM

Update from your boy Inabobo:

I'll concede that the Wikipedia definition is not the definition I was aware of. Seems kind of silly to have the same definition for two different terms (geometric and exponential), but since they are interchangeable, I'll keep that in mind from now on.

"With that in mind, even geometric/exponential growth is not sustainable, as I've already said. You are going to see a decaying % of the network hashrate increase per difficulty period. There will be spikes and troughs, yes, but the overall trend will be decreasing. Four months ago everyone was saying we would see 20 or 30% increases ad infinitum, which was ridiculous. The whole Genesis Block calculator was based on stupidity like that, and led to many incorrect conclusions about mining viability.

At the end of the day, we can throw out a number of these variables anyway, if we make a couple assumptions (dangerous, I know, but since you're here they are probably safe.)

If you're going to mine, it's better to mine with the most efficient hardware as it increases your bottom line. The Monarch is, far and away, the most efficient mining chip on the planet... and the fact that we designed it to scale up or down in the efficiency spectrum depending on the hashrate increases it's viability for mining during down times and cranking up the speed during uptick in BTC prices.

The cost of power is not the only factor in operating a large mining farm. You also have cooling costs and if your farm is large enough, you have staff costs to monitor/R&R the hardware, increasing that .01 or .02c kW/h cost by at least 2x... As difficulty climbs, even the cheapest power places with large farms are going to be turning off the units, and only the most efficient miners will remain. For the most part, everyone in this forum is not a large mining farm... so it doesn't even apply. If you're here and participating in this thread, you are most likely a hobbiest miner and thus paying more expensive electrical rates... so it's even more important that you run the most efficient miner, which, again, the Monarch is and it will allow you to run it much longer than any other miner out here or coming out any time soon."
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8401-monarch-difficulty-continuation-closed-thread-@bfl_josh-2.html

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:01:05 PM

Quote from: BFL_Josh
Four months ago everyone was saying we would see 20 or 30% increases ad infinitum, which was ridiculous.

Another Josh lie. No one ever said the increases would go on forever.

Buy & Hold
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 10:36:29 PM

Update from your boy Inabobo:

The Monarch is, far and away, the most efficient mining chip on the planet...
That's lovely.

However, it is irrelevant since no-one has one.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:36:36 PM

Things Josh forgot to add into the cost profile of the GPU styled Monarch

Shipping.
PSU.
Casing.
Motherboard / Controller.
Cables.

Not only is it going to be ineffective in trying to cool those chips it will certainly be an eye opener when you have to spend another $500 on top then build it and put it together.

SP10 just plug it in and go. I fail to see where the market is for something that is obviously a throw back to FPGA style product that you have to babysit and stack and rack yourself. BFL just needs to throw the design out for the GPU card and start again. August? September 2014 before you see anything shipped is my guess.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:49:58 PM

Shipping.
PSU.
Casing.
Cables.

Not only is it going to be ineffective in trying to cool those chips it will certainly be an eye opener when you have to spend another $500 on top then build it and put it together.

SP10 just plug it in and go. I fail to see where the market is for something that is obviously a throw back to FPGA style product that you have to babysit and stack and rack yourself. BFL just needs to throw the design out for the GPU card and start again. August? September 2014 before you see anything shipped is my guess.

The PCI-E card is (or should I say, would have been) a great design for their 65nm product line.  Back when they announced the 65nm line we all had GPU setups with a bunch of PCI-E slots and huge power supplies.  It would have been perfect given the hardware that Bitcoin miners had at the time.  However, in BFL's true idiot fashion, they've created a "card" design when every BTC miner has long-since moved from that platform.  I think BFL is the king of "bright ideas", and when I say bright idea, I mean it in the most sarcastic tone possible.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:52:13 PM

Rumor has it that Josh wipes his ass from back to front.. which should really be the biggest red flag of them all...

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:21:30 PM

Shipping.
PSU.
Casing.
Cables.

The PCI-E card is (or should I say, would have been) a great design for their 65nm product line.  Back when they announced the 65nm line we all had GPU setups with a bunch of PCI-E slots and huge power supplies.  It would have been perfect given the hardware that Bitcoin miners had at the time.  However, in BFL's true idiot fashion, they've created a "card" design when every BTC miner has long-since moved from that platform.  I think BFL is the king of "bright ideas", and when I say bright idea, I mean it in the most sarcastic tone possible.

Density was and is where mining is headed. GPU was never really on that tangent. Have to agree though a 65nm asic to replace GPUs would have if it came out at the right moment a great product although it would have been short lived given what ASICMINER did in Hong Kong with Allied Control the immersion 2 design was and still is what the industry will be heading towards. Cooling is going to be required over the next few chip generations given how hot these suckers are going to be. Exotic cooling is going to be the rule not the exception.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 06:22:02 PM

Excuse the cross posting from other BFL hate threads but:

Has anyone created a "Damages calculator for Bitcoin" as yet?

I want to punch in:

If I had X Gh that I paid for on this date I would have earned Y bitcoins by Z date when they actually delivered???
tstang

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:47:34 PM

i just don't understand why people still believe in Butterfly after their first so called almost 1 year late delivery.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 07:56:02 PM

i just don't understand why people still believe in Butterfly after their first so called almost 1 year late delivery.

Same reason people still go to the casino when they're on a losing streak.  Can't be wrong forever.   Cheesy

It's a good thing I placed my bet on Black Arrow...what?  Not shipping until June or July either...

God, can't win at this pre-order game... Cry

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 07:59:10 PM

God, can't win at this pre-order game... Cry

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 08:03:50 PM

Haha Xian, classic movie Wargames with young Matthew Broderick.

The whole mining game(mining risk/rewards, costs, pre-orders, manufacturers) reminds me of this alltime fave of mine:

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: