Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:20:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50036 times)
skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:03:08 AM

I used to solo mine this coin on the older client before takeover, getting about 24 to 30 DMD's a day, right after takeover and new client update, that dropped to 3 to 4 DMD's a day, same hash rate, same net hashrate, almost same diff.  Huh

Same net hash rate, same diff? Are you kidding? Net hash rate skyrockets since the new wallet is released. Before the takeover, the diff is about 0.4. Now the diff is about 2 - 4.5

hmm that is the first time I see a comment which looks like a valid reason for the less incoming coins.. could that really be the reason..?

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 10:10:39 AM

What a load of shit it has been discussed about 5 times, i read this forum a few times a day because i have bought a lot of DMD, im in fact one if not the biggest holder, that is the reason i check so often and the dev's have answered too this accusation over and over again, your all trolls or your all bitches, one of the two or both, this is getting ridiculous.
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:15:58 AM

It looks like you are new to DMD mining

There are 2 main points you need to understand when mining DMD these days

+ DMD is one of the hottest coins in CW. Therefore, network hash rate soars several times a day because of multipools. Simple math will never work for you.  Simple estimate will never be true
+ DMD re-targets its diff every block. There is no such "same diff"

Take a look at http://diamondblocks.info/ to see how many coin are generated every day
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:33:48 AM

What a load of shit it has been discussed about 5 times, i read this forum a few times a day because i have bought a lot of DMD, im in fact one if not the biggest holder, that is the reason i check so often and the dev's have answered too this accusation over and over again, your all trolls or your all bitches, one of the two or both, this is getting ridiculous.

You need to wash your mouth with soap - and learn the correct use of your and you're - if you are a native English speaker that is - which I'm not BTW.
Yes of course you are worried about the reputation of the coin - you bought 5k+ of them..
But that does not give you the right to behave like you're superior to the rest of us..

Let me underline that I still believe the coin is good - just don't like to see if there is a problem with it - if there is..
Who are the devs..? And what is their answer..?
A simple link will do - refrain from commenting if you can't do it civilized..

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 11:19:15 AM

digicoin is a dev, he answered "you're" question, again above
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:00:47 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 12:49:32 PM by skywave

It looks like you are new to DMD mining

There are 2 main points you need to understand when mining DMD these days

+ DMD is one of the hottest coins in CW. Therefore, network hash rate soars several times a day because of multipools. Simple math will never work for you.  Simple estimate will never be true
+ DMD re-targets its diff every block. There is no such "same diff"

Take a look at http://diamondblocks.info/ to see how many coin are generated every day

I'm not new to mining..
I'm not talking about poolmining..
I know how many coins are made every day - that is e.g. stated in the OP..
If it is so popular in the Coin World how come it's not listed here http://cryptmarketcap.com ?
And getting from 15-20 coins a day down to just 1 or 2 does not look right.. Yes over a longer period of time it would look logic and right, but not when happening overnight..
Even if diff goes up and down and multipools increase their effort it would go gradually downwards - not overnight.. But true - you may have made the new wallet/client? to overnight eliminate chances for solomining making a buck and leave it to the pools.. I'm not a programmer so what do I know..

But hey - it's a free world - so I'm going to put my hash onto something else..

digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:44:54 PM

>> And getting from 15-20 coins a day down to just 1 or 2 does not look right..

It is possible. Please do not solo-mine at this time. Join a pool. I do it right at the beginning even I have rigs of 10000KH/s - 12000KH/s. I really hate multipools which can add 1 - 2 GH/s to the network in a few second. If they join DMD network for a few hour, they cause DMD diff skyrocket. However, it is part of the game, zero-sum game.

The nice feature that you can find in DMD is that when multipools leave the network, diff will be re-targeted immediately in the next block (every minute on average) to keep transaction time consistent

DMD is hot. That's why many miners join us to help strengthen the network. As a result, each miner will earn less than before. If you mined BTC 10-12 months ago, you would see the exact situation. Most of miners would lost if Bitcoin did not increase in price even with miners who own ASIC machines.

DMD is extremely undervalued right now. At the moment, I buy DMD more than I mine it. Personally, I believe that DMD should be priced at 4 USD (same or higher than Franko).

PS: I am not DMD dev. I am a trader, miner, coin hoarder. I am going long for DMD.
skywave

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:52:22 PM

It is possible. Please do not solo-mine at this time. Join a pool. I do it right at the beginning even I have rigs of 10000KH/s - 12000KH/s. I really hate multipools which can add 1 - 2 GH/s to the network in a few second. If they join DMD network for a few hour, they cause DMD diff skyrocket. However, it is part of the game, zero-sum game.

The nice feature that you can find in DMD is that when multipools leave the network, diff will be re-targeted immediately in the next block (every minute on average) to keep transaction time consistent

DMD is hot. That's why many miners join us to help strengthen the network. As a result, each miner will earn less than before. If you mined BTC 10-12 months ago, you would see the exact situation. Most of miners would lost if Bitcoin did not increase in price even with miners who own ASIC machines.

DMD is extremely undervalued right now. At the moment, I buy DMD more than I mine it. Personally, I believe that DMD should be priced at 4 USD (same or higher than Franko).

PS: I am not DMD dev. I am a trader, miner, coin hoarder. I am going long for DMD.

ok thanks for your answer..
why is it not listed here http://cryptmarketcap.com ?

zuper (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:58:37 PM

It s listed on coinmarketcap.com and soon on cryptmarketcap.com  Smiley
But... you should be happy for this! Hey guys, you are so lucky, mining a scarce coin whose promotion plan is not completely in action.
captchunk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:09:35 PM

It's on http://coinmarketcap.com/ and http://www.coinwarz.com. Don't forget this coin has only been resurrected for a couple weeks now. Look at the 1st post of this thread, Dec. 12th.

Anyone who doesn't think their mining is paying out as it should first should go look at the blockchain and note how much the difficulty can fluctuate in a day. That's another interesting aspect about this coin, the mining is even more hit or miss than BTC because there are 2 more factors to consider - network hash rate from minute to minute, and the daily bonus blocks.
rofus

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:09:11 PM

My favourite coin for trading, and excellent value atm on Cryptsy I think.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

i personally think one day DMD  will match btc price so yes, buying DMD now, is like buying btc in the beginning
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:18:04 PM

i mine doge sell for btc buy dmd thats how i do it (exchange doge with the fotm coin)

dmd mining is very unstable because of fast changing diff

i strength the dmd network by keeping wallet open all the time and try to POS

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 02:27:16 PM

i'm about to buy around $4k worth of DMD and I've already spent more then that, DMD is going to be huge, wait till wall street move in latter this year it's going to explode just think billions of dollars if not trillions of dollars are about to pour into crypto's DMD is going to go up,up,up just the name is a selling point, then the speed, and rarity, it's a winner, no doubt
mrrtderp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:54:26 PM

I'm copying Digicoin's post from another thread, which summarises what DMD can be about in an excellent way.

[...]

Woman friendly

Woman and shopping: yes. You know what I am saying. 4.5 billion people. And other 4.5 billion want to make woman happy

DMD is woman friendly: requires no energy if she wants, beautiful name, luxury and precious feeling that woman loves. Woman love collecting things that are precious right? Also, woman likes things that represent love. Remember: diamond engagement ring. No altcoin can do it better than DMD

[...]

Support for ideas like this show that you're all a bunch of 12 year old boys with barely half a clue between you all.
No woman is going to explicitly choose to utilize one currency over another because of its name. That's just absurd.

If we want to be sexist about it, one might say that women like money. Period.
Do you see variations on physical, fiat currencies targeting use by either gender? Nope. Not a one.

If anything, spewing this crap will be the downfall of DMD.
No one wants to support a group that makes a sexist stereotype part of their marketing campaign.

I for one will be dumping every single DMD that comes my way for coins that are actually useful and not supported by a bunch of chauvinist preteens.
professorY

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:24:50 PM

No woman is going to explicitly choose to utilize one currency over another because of its name. That's just absurd.

I disagree 100%. But with the caveat that I don't limit this statement to women (which, yes, is stupid and sexist). But people ABSOLUTELY choose coins based on the name/branding alone.

For a non-technical person, what else is there?

I, for one, think DMD has massive potential based on this alone, but it will be slow going.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
mrrtderp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:33:26 PM

I disagree 100%. But with the caveat that I don't limit this statement to women (which, yes, is stupid and sexist). But people ABSOLUTELY choose coins based on the name/branding alone.

For a non-technical person, what else is there?

I, for one, think DMD has massive potential based on this alone, but it will be slow going.

Sounds like you disagree with me less than 100% then.
Certainly, I agree that many make decisions based upon a name --
but to say that DMD will succeed with women for that reason is retarded.

Cryptocurrency in general is failing to attract even the percentage of female proponents that would be expected considering their numbers in the tech and financial industries. (http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/bitcoin-needs-women)

DMD may very well have 'massive potential', but the statements made by digicoin and promoted by gmg aren't helping it reach that potential. If anything they're hurting not only DMD but cryptocurrency in general.
professorY

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:38:24 PM

Sounds like you disagree with me less than 100% then.

How so? You said:

And I 100% disagree with that statement. SOME women absolutely will choose DMD because it called "diamond". And I furthered that by stating that some men will as well.

Nice try though.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
captchunk

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:44:56 PM

Dafuq is with all the trolls on this thread lately? I guess that's a sign that DMD is catching on...
professorY

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:45:33 PM

Dafuq is with all the trolls on this thread lately? I guess that's a sign that DMD is catching on...

LOL. I was thinking exactly the same thing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: